PDA

View Full Version : speed of the connection

Animosity
Sep 24, 2006, 10:10 PM
i was wondering if the xbox 360 version would be less laggy and smoother playing then the ps2 version.
common sense tells me that its much smoother but i would also like to know the specific reason why. is it the hardrive or xbox live or whatever?

VioletSkye
Sep 24, 2006, 10:11 PM
Actually much of that will depend on your connection speed and latency.

Animosity
Sep 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-09-24 20:11, VioletSkye wrote:
Actually much of that will depend on your connection speed and latency.

but other than that cuz ive heard that the ps2 ver has some lag when your changing your weapon and when in a full party.

VioletSkye
Sep 24, 2006, 10:21 PM
I think that's a case of slowdown and not lag especially if you notice it offline as well.

Chaobo99
Sep 24, 2006, 10:22 PM
1) the xbox will have a slight less amout of people..therefore it will not clog connection and will keep it smooth
2) In the background, Xbox live MIGHT..at least I heard, will be running some background maintenance....
3) Yeah..it does depend on your connection..and other peoples connection..

Thats all the info I got..or at least Maybe I didnt completely dig it out of my head..

McLaughlin
Sep 24, 2006, 10:27 PM
The connection speed is directly dependant on your UL/DL speeds, and the nuber of people on the server. In this regard, Xbox 360 MAY have SLIGHTLY less latancy due the the smaller population.

Weapon loading times and other online and offline slowdowns have to do with the hardware. In this case, the Xbox 360 has an advantage over the PS2 (and some low end PCs). The Xbox 360 will have significantly less slowdown due to the more capable hardware.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
There's lag on the PC version too. PSO was made to be really light, and be played with people across the world. PSU's architecture did not have this in mind, and it's very clear. It's not unplayable, but there's a delay between the animation when you strike an enemy, and when you see how many points of damage you do to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-24 20:32 ]</font>