PDA

View Full Version : Ranger?

nx-nikon
Sep 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
I just wanted to know which would be the best character for a ranger.

Rizen
Sep 25, 2006, 09:07 PM
Errr...dunno. Right now, I am a Human Ranger and I do pretty well solo. This is offline however. That said, I think people might say Casts.

wyzwun
Sep 25, 2006, 09:07 PM
im going RAcast, large in part because im a huge Wren fan... was thinking of even naming myself Wren... not sure if thats lame or not?

CpwninOBrien
Sep 25, 2006, 09:09 PM
probly casts SUVs are awesum

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
They are good but not really incredible. From what I've heard (Watch out for others opinions being stacked) the SUV isn't really that great.

wyzwun
Sep 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
well , not sure if stats mean much really. casts will have better def and acc, im pretty sure beasts would make good RA also... im sure its not like being say, a galka summoner, lol.

Ether
Sep 25, 2006, 09:16 PM
Beasts have the lowest accuracy by a lot, they'll struggle at low levels as a ranger

Cast has the best accuracy and excellent atp, they're a no brainer for ranger

nx-nikon
Sep 25, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:16, Ether wrote:
Beasts have the lowest accuracy by a lot, they'll struggle at low levels as a ranger

aside from the fact that they'd struggle would it be worth it to use a beast, or is their accuracy really that bad

peenk
Sep 25, 2006, 09:22 PM

dude, wtf happened to your sig?
switch it back cause i used to click on it everytime i seen your post (which is pretty much every threat cough)
i am not joking ... DO IT!

LoneVandal
Sep 25, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:18, nx-nikon wrote:

aside from the fact that they'd struggle would it be worth it to use a beast, or is their accuracy really that bad

What part of struggle did you not understand? RA is the worst class to begin with, then using the worst race for it in addition... I guess if you're a masochist go right ahead and make a Beast RA.

nx-nikon
Sep 25, 2006, 09:39 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:22, peenk wrote:

dude, wtf happened to your sig?
switch it back cause i used to click on it everytime i seen your post (which is pretty much every threat cough)
i am not joking ... DO IT!

so.......is that a yes, or a no. because it doesn't look like it has to do with the topic, or the previous post.

peenk
Sep 25, 2006, 10:03 PM
means i dont really care what you ask because
1. its been asked so many times if you spend some time looking for asnwer you would have found it already
2. play what ever you will enjoy playing

nx-nikon
Sep 26, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-09-25 20:03, peenk wrote:
means i dont really care what you ask because
1. its been asked so many times if you spend some time looking for asnwer you would have found it already
2. play what ever you will enjoy playing

if you dont care then dont post in this topic. i only want responses based on the topic, not on someones sig. if you dont have anything to say about the topic then dont post at all.

on topic
does anyone know stat differences or what each class specializes in?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nx-nikon on 2006-09-25 22:24 ]</font>

F-o-x
Sep 26, 2006, 12:41 AM
I dont have exact numbers but I do remember (for the most part) how the stats go:

Casts specialize in ATA (Accuracy), get a bonus to both ATP and DEF. However thier TAP and MST stats suffer (And EVP? I forget). They are the default ranger race.

The beast race has the biggest bonus to both HP and ATP. Their defense is average if Im not mistaken and thier TAP and MST stats also suffer, however they are not as poor in these stats as Casts. They are the default hunters.

Newmen specialize in TAP and MST (Technic attack and defense, respectively). Their ATA and EVP stats also recieve boosts, However ATP, DEF and HP are low. They are the default Forces.

Humans are of course average across all stats and would be decent at any class.

Someone please feel free to correct me if Im wrong as Im not 100% on this.

Oh and main stats for each class would probably go something like this (Although my playstyle might differ from yours):
Hunter: ATP, HP, DEF
Ranger: ATA, ATP
Force: TAP, MST, EVP

In response to your original question, I suppose a Cast would be the "best" choice in that they are built with the ranger class in mind. However, this of course does not mean every other class will suck at ranger. Just choose whatever class you like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-09-25 22:48 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 26, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-09-25 19:37, LoneVandal wrote:
What part of struggle did you not understand? RA is the worst class to begin with, then using the worst race for it in addition... I guess if you're a masochist go right ahead and make a Beast RA.
Sir, you hurt my feelings. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

@ Nikon: If you are planning to solo online [why?], Beast will be the hardest road. If you have a good team to back you up, play whatever combination pleases you most, I say. Game skill and teamwork will trump stats everytime.

ProfessorZ
Sep 26, 2006, 01:49 AM
RAcasts are the best rangers. Humans are always gonna be the most well balanced characters

Zarbolord
Sep 26, 2006, 02:06 AM
Just use a newman for fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

foamcup
Sep 26, 2006, 02:19 AM
On 2006-09-26 00:06, Zarbolord wrote:
Just use a newman for fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Newman has the second best ATA, sure the ATP is low, but eh, the high ATA will let you use better weapons earlier, though not as early as a Cast. Just use what you like. Anyway, I will need a meat shield to protect my FO, er, um, I mean traveling cohort for some team action once I get online, so pick something tough that I can hide behind, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif