PDA

View Full Version : My 15.5 cents

Nuclearranger
Sep 25, 2006, 09:22 PM
I am going to describe my experience on offline extra mode I am now currently level 75 Cast Hu and just turned ranger at level 73.

Bad parts
A. The first person targeting system could have been better offten times you really dont even have to hit them.

B. This one is more or less because I am on extramode but this game is easy like so easy If it was this easy people would be done with this game in about 1-3 weeks....

C. the game seemed quite unbalenced as I was a HU and never died and then I turned RA and things slowed down X10 and now I have a force that almost 1 hit KOs everything

Good parts

A. This game is fast paced and exiteing and I only expect more from online mode.

B. There is quite alot to do. Im guessing online people could spend hours cloths shoping, decor rooms, ext.

C. The battle system is good for the most part and there are alot of items.

I might add more later but please add to my list and I will add it to the top if its good.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 25, 2006, 09:24 PM
duel sabers r cool, rite???

Rizen
Sep 25, 2006, 09:27 PM
I agree with you with Rangers. We have a hard time keeping distance and aiming for key points, which makes it harder for us to kill things and stay alive.
From what I heard tho, Extra mode is suppose to be a hell of alot easier than online, so I dont think you will be disappointed when online comes out.

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 09:31 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:24, CpwninOBrien wrote:

Okay, this is the second time I've seen you use the wrong word, I have to correct it now. It's DUAL. Dual means two. A duel is a fight.

Anyway, Extra mode is damn easy, my FO is teh ownage on this mode. I know it won't be this easy online, but then I'll have teammates to help out.

Nuclearranger
Sep 25, 2006, 09:50 PM
Dual sabers are quite cool allthough i prefer the doublesaber

Rizen
Sep 25, 2006, 09:52 PM
Only thing i have against doublesaber is its limited PAs ><
Dual Sabers are ok, but it can leave you open sometimes.
My weapon of chose....Beam cannon /drool

Nuclearranger
Sep 25, 2006, 10:07 PM
lol beamcannon XD wtf
I should go test that now...

NeoSakura
Sep 26, 2006, 03:55 AM
Beam cannon...or laser cannon as I call it, is quite awesome. I tried it as female ranger beast and did nice damage on bosses, aiming for their weak spots that is. I could kill most of the bosses that way without recharging PP or switching to melee battle (except the really huge robot bosses etc.). So I'd say it's a nice alternative to rifles (shotguns are just crap, no doubt) and would look extra cool on Casts, not to mention the added effectiveness.

And right now...only thing I'd complain about is that extra mode can be freaking boring. It is very good for learning how the game works...but other than that... No new clothes for example, I would have loved to try some new ones, other than the few initial pieces you get. But I'll have to wait and try in online mode instead. Just a small thing maybe, but I was hoping for a wider range of clothes to choose from in extra mode.

EJ
Sep 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
does offline have the expert classes also or is that only for online since hu and ra can use techs in extra mode?

NeoSakura
Sep 26, 2006, 05:03 AM
I thought expert classes aren't even out at all yet...!? o.o;

hypersaxon
Sep 26, 2006, 05:07 AM
On 2006-09-26 02:01, EJ wrote:
does offline have the expert classes also or is that only for online since hu and ra can use techs in extra mode?

You can cast techs in Extra Mode no matter what class you are. I think in Extra Mode you're pretty much like Ethan, and have a lot more lenience as far as weapon selection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-09-26 03:08 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 26, 2006, 08:43 AM
On 2006-09-25 19:22, NuclearRanger wrote:
I am going to describe my experience on offline extra mode I am now currently level 75 Cast Hu and just turned ranger at level 73.

Bad parts
A. The first person targeting system could have been better offten times you really dont even have to hit them.

B. This one is more or less because I am on extramode but this game is easy like so easy If it was this easy people would be done with this game in about 1-3 weeks....

C. the game seemed quite unbalenced as I was a HU and never died and then I turned RA and things slowed down X10 and now I have a force that almost 1 hit KOs everything

Good parts

A. This game is fast paced and exiteing and I only expect more from online mode.

B. There is quite alot to do. Im guessing online people could spend hours cloths shoping, decor rooms, ext.

C. The battle system is good for the most part and there are alot of items.

I might add more later but please add to my list and I will add it to the top if its good.

Quick question: does PSU keep track of time played (like in PSO)? If so, what is your game clock at now (how many hours have you played)?

Also... Sorta what NeoSakura was posting about... can you access expert classes in extra mode or is that still unknown? Also, what rank missions are you able to take on in extra mode? Is it ultra easy not only because you are like Ethan but because there aren't hard modes open to you?

Thanks for posting all the info ~ keep it coming!

RoninJoku
Sep 26, 2006, 09:09 AM
I think what they meant about you being like Ethan is that you have no real set class, and can use all weapons and abilities at all times... Meaning no, no expert classes. Expert classes haven't been unlocked in any way shape or form as far as I know.

Lovejuice
Sep 26, 2006, 09:50 AM
There are no expert classes available in extra mode yet (the only thing somewhat comparable to an 'expert class' offline is Ethan and some of the other NPC characters in story mode - some of which you can call up as party members in extra mode if you have earnt their partner card in story mode).
Ethan can do everything all at once in story mode.
In extra mode you can be HU, FO, or RA with any race by changing at the type counter. Like online. Casts start as Rangers, Humans as Hunters, Newmen as Forces, Beasts as Hunters.
There is no tutorial in extra mode (seeing as you need to clear story chapter 4 in story mode to unlock it - you're not using the ISO + savegame + loader, right? Hurrr) and you start with all equipment and weapons unequipped (but with basics in your inventory).
Extra mode (And story mode, too) is a thousand times easier than online mode. Enemies are weaker, your stats are better, there is more money everywhere, and you initially have better ranking with equipment.
Missions in extra mode are not ranked C, B, A, S like online. Instead they are unlocked depending on your characters level - 0(1), 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, and 60. You still complete a mission and get a C, B, A, S rank to earn prizes and increased amount of job experience, however. The conditions for ranking within extra mode missions varies slightly from time to time (sometimes it is based on time, sometimes you will be required to eradicate certain numbers of SEED, certain numbers of enemies, and combinations of all of those plus more).
The missions in extra mode remain at the same difficulty throughout (so a level 5 Parum mission will always have the same level ranges of enemy) - the level layout also remains the same and does not generate differently each time like online.
The only extra mode missions are the 'free' missions also available in story mode. These are missions that are not tied to any storyline events and have no event cutscenes (other than the pre-boss quick clip). There are roughly 24 of these missions available currently. You access these by going to the specific entry point on each planet (so Linear Line on Guardians Colony, Moatoob's Flyer Base and such).
You can check your played time at the character select/save game menu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-26 07:52 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 26, 2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks Lovejuice!!!!

Tycho
Sep 26, 2006, 02:31 PM
What Lovejuice said. Offline and online are hardly comparable in terms of balance. >_>

Valkayree
Sep 26, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:31, foamcup wrote:

On 2006-09-25 19:24, CpwninOBrien wrote:

Okay, this is the second time I've seen you use the wrong word, I have to correct it now. It's DUAL. Dual means two. A duel is a fight.

Lol I blame the school systems. The English teachers don't get paid enough to care.