PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PSU PAY???

Zabot
Sep 26, 2006, 09:58 AM
I have heard from so many people that online play for the Xbox 360 will be free, but i have seen so many people on websites and forums saying its pay to play, but mainly i see people talking about it on the PS2 and PC i realy havent seen to much on the Xbox 360, i understand that PS2 IS the RPG system but i mean, all i have now is a 360 and i want to know this, i got $180 for birthday, i (got my check finally after 2 months) and preordered and paid it off, and im saving more money in case i have to pay, please help me, can i spend my beloved money on a new keyboard for the game, or do i have to wait and pay to play it, thank you whoever answers this. . . peace out.

albel399
Sep 26, 2006, 10:04 AM
i dont know for sure but i extremely doubt sega will let people play for free just because people also have to pay for xbox live

Zabot
Sep 26, 2006, 10:06 AM
yea i know but i mean i just bought another year of live and i really want a new keyboard for the game i dont feel like spending more money to play, i mean i will but its just dissapointing

Lovejuice
Sep 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
PSU is pay-to-play.
PSU is pay-to-play on all platforms.
PSU's monthly subscription has not yet been confirmed officially. General speculation leans towards 8~10 USD.
PSU will require at least an Xbox Live Silver (the free one) account, to access the game ASIDE from your actual PSU game subscription.
PSU game subscriptions will be managed through PlaySega @ http://www.playsega.com. It has not yet been updated with PSU's own 'section'. But you can register for a game ID using the PSO: Blue Burst system (as it HAS been confirmed that you can use the same ID for both PSU and PSO:BB) using https://billing.playsega.com and clicking 'register'.
It is assumed PSU will include the initial 30 days of gameplay time as part of the retail package (like the JP version, and previous versions of PSO).

Zarbolord
Sep 26, 2006, 10:15 AM
PC is like (let methink...) 8.89 dollars a month? In Euros it makes something like 5 or 6. PS2 I think it's the same, and Xbox I suppose it's the usual gold membership for anything online.

EDIT: Sorry correction, 10 dollars a month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2006-09-26 08:24 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Sep 26, 2006, 10:20 AM
Screw a keyboard, if you have a 360 use your headset.

Tay200k
Oct 1, 2006, 09:17 AM
As reported tonight on Episode 200 Part A of our podcast, Sega sent out an E-mail to some distributors this week with an unfortunate update to what was previously advised by Sega to our inside source.

In this update, it was advised that Phantasy Star Universe will not have free online play on the XBOX360. Users will have to make an account with Sega and pay a $9.99 monthly fee for the game. It should be noted, however, that Sega intends to place a demo on the XBOX Marketplace that will demonstrate both online and offline modes.

Playstation 2 users will be happy to know that a 14 day trial for the online service is being currently negotiated (no final word). Unfortunately, due to issues with the Japanese trial, some ways to exploit this system were discovered and it may not be included in the US release. More to come as soon as we hear.

If online mode isn't your thing, Sega is boasting a 40-hour long offline mode for the game that is a "separate experience."

It's never any fun to correct a previous news report, but this has all been coming from a sales source at Sega. Regardless PSU fans, the decision what platform and what fees you'll pay is up to you and you'll get to make that decision later this year when the game is released!

LegacyOfMieu
Oct 1, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-10-01 07:17, Tay200k wrote:
As reported tonight on Episode 200 Part A of our podcast, Sega sent out an E-mail to some distributors this week with an unfortunate update to what was previously advised by Sega to our inside source.

In this update, it was advised that Phantasy Star Universe will not have free online play on the XBOX360. Users will have to make an account with Sega and pay a $9.99 monthly fee for the game. It should be noted, however, that Sega intends to place a demo on the XBOX Marketplace that will demonstrate both online and offline modes.

Playstation 2 users will be happy to know that a 14 day trial for the online service is being currently negotiated (no final word). Unfortunately, due to issues with the Japanese trial, some ways to exploit this system were discovered and it may not be included in the US release. More to come as soon as we hear.

If online mode isn't your thing, Sega is boasting a 40-hour long offline mode for the game that is a "separate experience."

It's never any fun to correct a previous news report, but this has all been coming from a sales source at Sega. Regardless PSU fans, the decision what platform and what fees you'll pay is up to you and you'll get to make that decision later this year when the game is released!

Link for where you got this info? Sorry, but many people don't take this kind of info without proof from reliable sources.

EDIT: found the link http://orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/ a little ways down on Septembet 18th.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LegacyOfMieu on 2006-10-01 08:06 ]</font>

Rahbzig
Oct 1, 2006, 09:55 AM
On 2006-09-26 08:20, hypersaxon wrote:

What if you can't voice chat in the cities unless you are grouped? It's going to be harder without a USB keyboard.

Tay200k
Oct 1, 2006, 10:04 AM
soz..i dunno if its a reliable source or not. i found it by accident. i was trying to find out some info on the updates that updates psu to 1.0.0.4 on google lol i typed in phantasy star universe update and came across this page with it on.....http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=628

LegacyOfMieu
Oct 1, 2006, 10:07 AM
On 2006-10-01 08:04, Tay200k wrote:
soz..i dunno if its a reliable source or not. i found it by accident. i was trying to find out some info on the updates that updates psu to 1.0.0.4 on google lol i typed in phantasy star universe update and came across this page with it on.....http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=628

Yep hehe sorry about being such a stickler an easy google search found it for me. Just didn't want you to get flamed

Blenjar
Oct 1, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-09-26 08:20, hypersaxon wrote:

Oh yes, you can use...any keyboard on a 360..remember it has 2 usb slots. I use mine time to time, wireless too.

-- Blen

StanleyPain
Oct 1, 2006, 12:23 PM
Sega has yet to official confirm a demo, so I'm taking the news with a big grain of salt.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
Maybe because it's a surprise!

Yay surprises!

Natrokos
Oct 1, 2006, 07:02 PM
^ Or maybe because there is no demo and some people hear get off from spreading bs rumors and proofless propaganda....I'm normally don't try to be bitterly pessimistic but I doubt there will be a demo.