PDA

View Full Version : guess Psu VAs

antarcticaPSU
Sep 26, 2006, 01:20 PM
who do you think will voice the chars in the story mode or who would you want to voice the characters?

CpwninOBrien
Sep 26, 2006, 01:27 PM
im gonn laugh my ass of if its the ppl who do pokemon

Rizen
Sep 26, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-09-26 11:27, CpwninOBrien wrote:
im gonn laugh my ass of if its the ppl who do pokemon

Ash is Ethan

CpwninOBrien
Sep 26, 2006, 01:48 PM
really??? lol

Valkayree
Sep 26, 2006, 02:15 PM
Most of those voice actors for imported cartoons on Cartoon Network like DragonBall Z are done in a studio over in Fort Worth Texas, and I doubt Sega used them for the voice acting. And since I think the voices for pokemon and all that are done by the same studio, I would doubt that the voice acting in PSU are done by the same people. I maybe wrong, but I read somewhere that the voice acting for NA was done by the same voice actors used in the japanese version. Please correct me if I am wrong on this because I'd hate to start a rumor.

Cross
Sep 26, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-09-26 12:15, Valkayree wrote:
I maybe wrong, but I read somewhere that the voice acting for NA was done by the same voice actors used in the japanese version. Please correct me if I am wrong on this because I'd hate to start a rumor.

No, that's not right. What you're probably thinking of is the official site for the NA version, which lists the original actors for the characters in the "Story" section. Since Magashi is listed as being voiced by Norio Wakamoto, and we know that's not true for the English version, it's pretty safe to assume that the rest of the English acting is also new.

That said, maybe it means that the game will have dual-language options for both the original and English-dubbed voices. That I could get behind.

RoninJoku
Sep 26, 2006, 02:28 PM
I guarantee it is not the same voice actors in story mode as it is in japan :|

VR_Pilot
Sep 26, 2006, 02:43 PM
That said, maybe it means that the game will have dual-language options for both the original and English-dubbed voices. That I could get behind.

If PSU has a dual language option, I'll have a renewed respect for SEGA, bacause so far, it's been nothing but let-downs in the VA department (shudders at the thought of the Shining Force NEO dub)

Valkayree
Sep 26, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-09-26 12:27, Cross wrote:

On 2006-09-26 12:15, Valkayree wrote:
I maybe wrong, but I read somewhere that the voice acting for NA was done by the same voice actors used in the japanese version. Please correct me if I am wrong on this because I'd hate to start a rumor.

No, that's not right. What you're probably thinking of is the official site for the NA version, which lists the original actors for the characters in the "Story" section. Since Magashi is listed as being voiced by Norio Wakamoto, and we know that's not true for the English version, it's pretty safe to assume that the rest of the English acting is also new.

Thanks, I knew that could not be correct ^_^

foamcup
Sep 26, 2006, 02:46 PM
They better give us language options. The Sonic Adventure games had it back on the DC. It would be retarded to not put it in there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2006-09-26 12:47 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 26, 2006, 02:49 PM
One of the voice actors is a member (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=112687&forum=20&8) here on PSO World, in fact. BrianSommer (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=BrianSommer) played Renvolt Magashi.

A2K
Sep 26, 2006, 03:32 PM
I had guessed a few here before. I'm fairly certain Melissa Fahn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Fahn) is Lina. Quite of a few of them sound rather familiar.

antarcticaPSU
Sep 27, 2006, 01:33 PM
Melissa Fahn does Lina? i thought she only did Anise Tatlin's voice (anise tatlin from toa) of course i don't look at the VAs on video games much...although i think Melissa would be good as karen she might be too young sounding or at least what i've seen of Melissa she sounds young

peenk
Sep 27, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-09-27 11:33, antarcticaPSU wrote:
Melissa Fahn does Lina? i thought she only did Anise Tatlin

hehe i couldnt resist