PDA

View Full Version : Managing PP and # of Weapons.

Rizen
Sep 26, 2006, 03:53 PM
As I get further along in PSU, Im noticing Im using PP alot more and enemies are taking a bit longer to kill.
I still havent run into the problem of running completely out of PP from a run, but I know its going to happen sooner or later.

So I been thinking about ways to get around this. For one, theres the obvious choices of popping Photon Charges, but you can only carry so many of them. Other thought I had was buying two of each type of weapon, but then again...how effective is that meseta-wise?

Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

Ether
Sep 26, 2006, 03:54 PM
Offline? Go for the photon charges, they're only 500 and you can carry 10

mechatra
Sep 26, 2006, 04:02 PM
Online, there's more photon charge cubes, so again theres not much of a worry.

On the other hand I carry at least 3 sets of DAgger + handgun

and two sets of twin daggers, partly for running out of PP, and partly for using different elements.

Best way to stock up on more than one of a weapon is rather than buying them, synthesise them. Costs less and you can make between 5-3 of them from one board.

Rizen
Sep 26, 2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the replys.

I mostly been using Photon Charges to keep my PP up, i just dont like the fact you can only carry 10.

And I didnt think about making weapons...Mostly for the fact that I dont have the patience to sit down and try to figure out all the mats for them. I guess I should start trying it out since i got tons of mats and stuff. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started?

For me I carry:
B Rank Rifle
B Rank Beam(Laser) Cannon
C Rank Dagger and Handgun
B Rank Bow

Highest P.Cube cost for me was 100 meseta, not too bad.

mechatra
Sep 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
I'd recomend another rifle and another Dagger + handgun combo.

Btw we're talking about offline/extra mode here right?

Ether
Sep 26, 2006, 04:30 PM
Hunter Ethan is much much easier than the others, because you arent as PP dependent

Itsuki
Sep 26, 2006, 04:32 PM
ya, he is, because he has a laser.

I say double up, even triple up on your main weapon. Also, using dagger/handgun as your main combination makes your other guns last alot longer. One thing about RA is that the better you want to be, the more weapons you need. Offline I'd carry as many as 6 pairs of dual handguns. And alternate them out of my list manually (3 on the list at a time). I actually like to carry 2 rifles aswell.

Another option would be to grind your weapons. This can add 20-30% more PP.

Cross
Sep 26, 2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, just buy a bunch of everything if you're playing offline. I don't think I ever used a weapon other than a Saber/Handgun set, except for a Wand that I kept around just to Resta my idiot NPCs. I'd just buy five of the best Saber available, and five of the best Handguns available, and mash my way through every Trial using only Photon Arts.

You get so much damn money in offline mode that the limit on the number of Photon Charges you can hold is the bottleneck instead of what items you can actually afford.

Rizen
Sep 26, 2006, 05:04 PM
I think I will pick up a pair of dual handguns and another rifle or something to keep up with PP.
And yeah, Im talking offline terms. (I guess I should pick up a wand to use)

Pengfishh
Sep 26, 2006, 05:14 PM
Ahh, I love hearing about this shit. Gets me all excited to think about all the MANAGEMENT involved with just playing. Fucking game has me in the back seat and I have a reputation of being easy.

Foxix
Oct 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-09-26 15:14, Pengfishh wrote:
Ahh, I love hearing about this shit. Gets me all excited to think about all the MANAGEMENT involved with just playing. Fucking game has me in the back seat and I have a reputation of being easy.

Yes, in a perfect world we wouldn't have to be worried about our weapon's photon reserves. Wouldn't it be great if we could just hit that X button over and over again for 100's of ours without worry? God forbid we actually have to think to play a game and actually have to participate in a battle in order to do well. Why don't we just replace all these features with an auto attack button and make it just like THAT LIVING HELL THAT WAS FFXI!!!!

ok I'm done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

also from what I hear once you get to the right level and go Fortegunner PP consumsion actually regenerates faster and uses less per shot, so it can't be that bad for too long, right?

Rizen
Oct 14, 2006, 11:49 AM
I think so...thats what I read before too. Im guessing its due to high END? That or bullets become more PP effiecent which I hard as it gets higher the more PP its takes.

Skyly
Oct 14, 2006, 01:17 PM
i card 2 rods, one ulrod, or something like that and a raysomething, dont exactly know their names, they both have 800+ PP