PDA

View Full Version : Battle: are partner machineries going to be a big help in ps

DONTOSE
Sep 26, 2006, 06:58 PM
partner machinery is going to be a big part of psu and I want to know if im going to be able to bring my partner in to battle with me.

Flamingo99
Sep 26, 2006, 07:03 PM
Once your PM reaches a certain point in it's evolution (The tiny robot girl stage), It will give you a partner card, which allows you to take it into battle. So yes, you can take your PM into battle. Also, they don't boosts your stats like a MAG does, instead they act like a party member, doing damage to enemies.

Edited:
here's a video to futher illustrate what I'm talking about. The character named "Break the World" is a PM.

http://www.ro-world.com/psushiz/pm_03.avi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-26 17:08 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Sep 26, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yea if you evolve it enough. If I make mine if there's a support type PM thats what I'm getting

CpwninOBrien
Sep 26, 2006, 07:04 PM
amen bro, tehy can and do fight with u like with big ass swords and stuff in cute lil outfits

uhawww
Sep 26, 2006, 07:13 PM
I have a pretty high Power GH410 evolved in ExtraMode, and I tell you what, with a Sword, she kicks some ass (at ATP47, she's doing 200+ damage per hit). The only issue is that they can be a little too assertive on the battlefield. Regardless, they're nice additions.

I have yet to party online with a player with a final evo PM...

DONTOSE
Sep 26, 2006, 07:19 PM
cool but are ther only tiny girl ones dont they evolution in to even bigger mech machines or is that thier highest level

DoubleJG
Sep 26, 2006, 08:08 PM
Are you able to have Partner Machinery battle alongside you in offline Extra Mode?

Also, PSU no longer has difficulties such as hard, very hard and whatnot, but taking missions on at different rank levels (c, b, a) is basically the new form of difficulty, right? Harder enemies and more exp for higher ranks?

Flamingo99
Sep 26, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-09-26 18:08, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Are you able to have Partner Machinery battle alongside you in offline Extra Mode?

Also, PSU no longer has difficulties such as hard, very hard and whatnot, but taking missions on at different rank levels (c, b, a) is basically the new form of difficulty, right? Harder enemies and more exp for higher ranks?

Yes and Yes.

Cross
Sep 26, 2006, 10:25 PM
PMs are absolutely worth it, particularly if you tend to solo a lot. As I've posted before, I've got a Newman Force online, and my PM is a GH-420. When I bring it along, it takes me like half the time to clear an A-Rank mission than it would if I were going it alone, and I still get 100% of the item and meseta drops.

In my opinion, a PM does more good for you than MAGs ever did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-26 20:26 ]</font>

RamenEater
Sep 26, 2006, 10:31 PM
Can PA's do both healing and damage?

Natrokos
Sep 26, 2006, 10:46 PM
^ I heard they can heal. I also heard they wait until they are dangerously low on health....I don't have the game so all i'm going on is discussion on the other boards.

Chaobo99
Sep 26, 2006, 10:52 PM
How come no other people posts videos on PMs? the only video is the japanese one on youtube and you can't really see the full action...

Anyways...I wonder if they will release a new series of PM. Right now, they are the GH series...maybe they should release like an...MC series, where you would download it and it can interact with your old PM..with a limit of 2 PM per household....
Sometimes when you talk to your new/old PM, it would say.,"That GH series machinery thinks she's all that,she's busting my bolts!"
then the other would respond,"I heard that!" then that PM would be grumpy and not synthesise for you for 1 day.

Cloudkiller
Sep 26, 2006, 11:11 PM
lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^

GaijinPUnch
Sep 27, 2006, 12:20 AM
cool but are ther only tiny girl ones dont they evolution in to even bigger mech machines or is that thier highest level

Of course not. This is a Japanese game. You think for a minute anyone wants gigantic robots over little girls?

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 01:56 AM
On my opinion, they should just make male versions, maybe they'll unlock that. 1 PM per weapon type, right?

DurakkenX
Sep 27, 2006, 06:12 AM
it's semi worth it...

PM can only be called in by the leader of the party so unless you solo or form/start teams a lot it's not worth it.

Even if you start teams you'll not want to alway be leader because a certain thing called if i spell it right Seireiun. The higher the level seireiun the leader has the more likely it is rares will drop, the easier it is to synth and/or grind. So most people won't ever get to use their PMs.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 06:29 AM
Unless they play alone to train it ....

ShadowDragon28
Sep 27, 2006, 03:36 PM
I really like the PM's and their humaniod forms are cool, what I'll miss is my Rati Mag and having the Mylla-Youlla PB...*sigh*

I'll miss it less once I find my own Whithill Wings and that black aura unit (whatever it's called) I've seen Ethan wearing in a storymode pic. I likes having etheric wings on my characters...

Sevenfold
Sep 27, 2006, 04:44 PM
Heres a thought, sorry if its been asked before but --- When your in a part of 3-6 people, 1 including your PM, if your PM is attacking a different enemy than yourself, do you still get the exp from the enemies your PM takes down/damages?

Valkayree
Sep 27, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-09-26 20:25, Cross wrote:
PMs are absolutely worth it, particularly if you tend to solo a lot. As I've posted before, I've got a Newman Force online, and my PM is a GH-420. When I bring it along, it takes me like half the time to clear an A-Rank mission than it would if I were going it alone, and I still get 100% of the item and meseta drops.

In my opinion, a PM does more good for you than MAGs ever did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-26 20:26 ]</font>

I agree. It seems they are a better replacement. It upsets me that there isn't an open ended run through all the levels in addition to the missions, like online PSO. Evidently here you have to run everything in a timed mission format. Is the game still open-ended, or did they minimize that focusing more on the missions?

Pure-chan
Sep 27, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-09-26 22:20, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Of course not. This is a Japanese game. You think for a minute anyone wants gigantic robots over little girls?

It seems odd to me that there is no choice for PM gender. Do they ALL have to be female? Aside from gender, It'd be neat to be able to buy/find new outfits for your PM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-27 14:55 ]</font>

Cross
Sep 27, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-09-27 14:44, Valkayree wrote:
I agree. It seems they are a better replacement. It upsets me that there isn't an open ended run through all the levels in addition to the missions, like online PSO. Evidently here you have to run everything in a timed mission format. Is the game still open-ended, or did they minimize that focusing more on the missions?

None of the current missions online are timed. Right now they're pretty much exactly like PSO's areas except that you have to sign up for a mission before you can hop in, and you can't switch areas without canceling a mission. You're graded only on how many deaths your party takes, and how many enemies you kill.

It's about as open-ended as PSO was so far, with all the missions just being standard romps through dungeon areas, but the potential for more structured, scripted missions should be there for the future.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 27, 2006, 10:04 PM
whoa thats cool