PDA

View Full Version : Does a Cast's low MST make them really vulnerable to techs?

Phaze37
Sep 26, 2006, 07:24 PM
I can't decide what race I want to be when PSU ships to north america. I've narrowed it down to either a HUcast or a HUmar, but I can't decide between the two. I want to die as little as possible, since dying hurts the rank for the entire party, so I want to use whichever race is all-around more survivable. In PSO that would obviously be the HUcast, but I've read that in PSU, your MST protects you from technique damage similiar to how DEF protects you from physical damage. Since Casts have such low MST, are techniques exceptionally dangerous to Cast players? For all-around survivability, would I be better off using a Human character for his higher MST and EVP?

I know that Beasts are probably the all-around toughest race, but I don't like having low ATA and I might not want to keep my first character as a Hunter, so I've decided against using a Beast. I plan on starting as a Hunter but I might eventually switch to Ranger, and at expert class I might be a pure Hunter, pure Ranger, or a HU/RA combination, so I figured that the Cast would probably be the best race for this plan, but not if they constantly die from techniques.

I'd especially like to hear from players who have been using Casts in online play for PSUJP. Are techniques particularly brutal for you? Do you find yourself dying against techniques that your human and newman teammates at a similiar level survive against? Is technique damage a big issue to consider when deciding on race, or is it something I shouldn't worry about? I want to use a HUcast, but if they have a really hard time against techniques then I'll use a HUmar instead, even though that's the class that probably half of the online community will use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nuclearranger
Sep 26, 2006, 10:29 PM
Not all to much accualy you do take a bit more though but dying from it not really...

Pengfishh
Sep 26, 2006, 10:38 PM
My advice (as well as my route) is to play with a race and class that is most appealing. This will get you through the beginning of the game in a way that you've chosen. After some time, you'll have played with plenty of folks of other races and classes and observed their strengths and weaknesses and will be able to adapt that knowledge to what will eventually be your best idea for survivability.

So, I suggest you play around with the character creation on October 25 for a good hour or so, find the most aesthetically pleasing mix of all things considered, and let it ride until you know better first hand.

Pengfishh
Sep 26, 2006, 10:38 PM
And margaritas are deadly.