PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Is there a God/Battle equivalent in PSU?

Axel3792
Sep 26, 2006, 11:00 PM
Just wondering if there is a way to speed up your default attack speed in PSU. I know Beasts have a badge for that (yellow?) but I just wanted to know if Human, Cast, or Newman melee types could keep up.

Thanks

Vetto
Sep 26, 2006, 11:05 PM
if were lucky... no.

Pengfishh
Sep 26, 2006, 11:06 PM
If we're lucky? God/Battle was indispensable.

Axel3792
Sep 26, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-09-26 21:05, Vetto wrote:
if were lucky... no.

>.<

Alisha
Sep 26, 2006, 11:18 PM
even if there is i doubt it would be as useful since the whole point of using one in pso was to get in your attackbefore the monsters could hit you and interupt you.and in other threards its been discussed that you dont always make monsters flinch. so a unit that increases your chance of making monsters flinch would be more useful.

JAR
Sep 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
Well there has to be top level units that would be the equivalent to the god type ones, I mean there's always going to be uber equipment to compliment higher leveled characters.

Axel3792
Sep 26, 2006, 11:27 PM
Well if you can't make them flinch then the point would be to increase your damage-per-second rate.

Alisha
Sep 26, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-09-26 21:23, JAR wrote:
Well there has to be top level units that would be the equivalent to the god type ones, I mean there's always going to be uber equipment to compliment higher leveled characters.

if you look a few of the better units appear to have some type of drawback.like ive seen one that boosts TAP by like 90 but decreases casting speed.

Kers
Sep 26, 2006, 11:33 PM
yep, dps and interrupt increase would come from a faster attack rate.
The only haste items I've seen: Force items that decress casting time to add power, and vice versa.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-09-26 21:40 ]</font>

Axel3792
Sep 26, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-09-26 21:33, Kers wrote:
yep, dps increase and a faster attack rate(more interrupts) sound good to me.
The only haste items I've seen Force items that decress casting time to add power, and visa versa.

If you mean more interrupts in relation to attack speed when talking about a Hunter or Ranger, that was never a problem in PSO (at least in my experience), so I would hope that ST would do the same in PSU.

As for the Forces go, that is understandable.

Kers
Sep 26, 2006, 11:45 PM
Someone who is playing the game could tell you for sure, but I've read that not all attacks stun monsters, so it's helpful to have support for interrupts and such. And yeah, the faster rate you get attacks in, the more interrupts you'll put in over time..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-09-26 21:49 ]</font>

Phaze37
Sep 27, 2006, 12:23 AM
It was very lame how god/battle was such a crucial item yet only Redria could find it.

Kupi
Sep 27, 2006, 12:27 AM
I'm fairly certain that there's a unit that acts like God/Battle used to, but there's a catch: while you attack faster, it also lessens the damage you do.

My signals may be crossed, though; it may be that only the Technic version exists (lowers casting time for reduced effect, and vice-versa). However, I'd be surprised if a melee version wasn't floating around on the game discs somewhere.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 01:51 AM
They'll do loads of stuff like that, but there will always be a drawback or a limitation. It's making the gain equal (or is it?) to the loss. I mean, for a FOcast, I'd prefer my TAP to be boosted to 90 and lower the casting speed. It would immensly help, do more damage for less PP, yes, I agree to that.

Valkayree
Sep 27, 2006, 08:55 AM
On 2006-09-26 21:18, Alisha wrote:
even if there is i doubt it would be as useful since the whole point of using one in pso was to get in your attackbefore the monsters could hit you and interupt you.and in other threards its been discussed that you dont always make monsters flinch. so a unit that increases your chance of making monsters flinch would be more useful.

No I personally used it so I could get more shots off before the enemy made it to me and I had to run and repeat. I wasn't concerned with flinching the enemy at all as a ranger, although it was a nice bonus. Not all of us were hunters. I think it would be useful still in PSU.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 09:23 AM
Especially with all these new rules: debuffs, flinch resistance, etc...

Alisha
Sep 27, 2006, 09:40 AM
god/battle was worthless for rangers unless you were melee'ing it was easy enough to freeze or paralyze enemies. or use mechguns and enemys will never make it too you.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 09:43 AM
Very true, but PSU, as I've said before, has different rules, and dual handguns won't stop a mob from reaching you.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
I surely hope their is an equipable unit like the God/Battle or Devil/Battlein PSU;
since the large great Swords are my favorite weapon but the swing on them is kind of slow when using a Human Hunter it seems (in PSO it was really slow).

Therefore, I'd like to increase the attack speed while using a Sword in which ever way possible.