PDA

View Full Version : Questions again... srry...

Souppy
Sep 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
I read most of the guides explaining the differences between PSO and PSU (thanks to the http://www.psupedia.org/ guide where I learned most of the info I wanted to know)... but there is still one thing I haven't found out. I watched a lot of videos of PSU on YouTube but I haven't seen any ''boxes'' on the floor.

How does the ''drop item'' system work? (if there is one)

Scirrocco
Sep 27, 2006, 12:16 AM
About the same as PSO i think. There are boxes, but i think they look different in each level. No more generic crates.

Phaze37
Sep 27, 2006, 12:20 AM
Do you mean boxes as in large breakable boxes that contain items or are you talking about the orange, blue, green, and red "boxes" that items come in? I haven't played PSU yet, but on youtube videos I've seen green boxes and meseta drop on the ground. I've read that the team leader can choose for rare items to be distributed randomly amongst the party or to have PSO's 1st-come-1st-serve system.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 27, 2006, 12:24 AM
It's similar. There's a few type of boxes:
Meseta
Weapons
Items green: thus far, either a room item or trap
Items blue: Dimate, trimate, etc.
Element - items you use to synthesize

I might be missing one.
And the red ones are rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-26 22:25 ]</font>

Souppy
Sep 27, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-09-26 22:20, Phaze37 wrote:
Do you mean boxes as in large breakable boxes that contain items or are you talking about the orange, blue, green, and red "boxes" that items come in? I haven't played PSU yet, but on youtube videos I've seen green boxes and meseta drop on the ground. I've read that the team leader can choose for rare items to be distributed randomly amongst the party or to have PSO's 1st-come-1st-serve system.

I was talking about the colored boxes. And I hope you are right about the ''randomly distributed'' because honestly, I thought it wasn't fair for Force characters (too far to get the boxes).

As far as I see this, it looks like they are merging PSO with FFXI (moogle=mag, synthing, same drop system, own room)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-09-26 22:33 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 27, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-09-26 22:29, Souppy wrote:

On 2006-09-26 22:20, Phaze37 wrote:

I was talking about the colored boxes. And I hope you are right about the ''randomly distributed'' because honestly, I thought it wasn't fair for Force characters (too far to get the boxes).

As far as I see this, it looks like they are merging PSO with FFXI (moogle=mag, synthing, same drop system, own room)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-09-26 22:33 ]</font>

By same drop system, does this mean that there will be a pool for drops with each item being lottable?

Kyuu
Sep 27, 2006, 12:59 AM
No, the drop system is pretty much exactly the same as it was in PSO. The only difference is that drops can be set to be distributed randomly instead of whoever picks it up first gets it.

I don't see the correlation between PSU and FFXI at all. Besides, FFXI was hardly the originator of, well, any MMO thing, really. Certainly not crafting. And PSO had mags way before FFXI.

Johndoe96
Sep 27, 2006, 12:59 AM
Yes there is a drop system. The item is on the floor, depending on which "lot type" the leader chose for the mission determines who gets the item. You can set two differet lot types for rares and regular items. If you set random, anyone can pick it up and it will be randomly given. There is also finders keepers..which i'm sure you know. As well as other but I forgot. Three different kinds.

I played FFXI a few months after it was released in Japan and only stopped a few months ago.

The machine in your room is completly different than your moogle in FFXI. This machine can be used as your buddy in combat, depending on what you feed him (items wise). He will level up in 4 different catagories and eventually get to fight with you in battle. I saw somebodys using a spread type gun when my friend and I joined his game.

Sything is pretty different but hardly. Sything in FFXI was just absurd, getting those items that were millions upon millions of gil just to lose it all in a syth. This games money is better and things are cheaper and aren't- based on the price of players.

Your room consists of a ton of things actually. Changing clothes, personal bank, shared bank, players you invite/friends that know password may join at time they please. Also allowing you to leave commments/announcements to your friends when they join your room etc.

Hope some of that cleared it up.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 27, 2006, 01:05 AM
There are three settings:

-he who finds it, keeps it
-random
-random order

Random is just that... I've seen people get two rares in a row.
Random order, while a bit confusing, just means "in order". I guess the random is there, as the starting point in the cycle is random. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't though.

You can set rare items to one setting, and non-rare items (which includes meseta) to another.

If your are full (or have too many of any item you can carry multiples of) it will skip you, and go to the next player.

The only thing I find that could change is to have the sum of all meseta divided equally amongst players. In A-Rank missions, you'll find some enemies that drop roughly 1000 meseta. In theory, the same person could get all of these.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-26 23:06 ]</font>

Johndoe96
Sep 27, 2006, 01:06 AM
....ok....I just said how they the lot system is and you are still wondering about it.

Souppy
Sep 27, 2006, 01:07 AM
That's the answer I was looking for Johndoe96... thanks a lot.

Will anyone miss the Symbol Chat? or the ''Cut-in chat'' is just too amazing to get nostalgic about the other one?

(I know I will miss my Skull and the hands doing dirty things animation)

**No Johndoe96... it's pretty clear... lol.. I was writing that post (the one where I still ask that question) when your message was posted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-09-26 23:11 ]</font>

Johndoe96
Sep 27, 2006, 01:09 AM
Your welcome. There are plenty of EMOTES ..pages and pages and pages of them. As well as Chatting options...a crap load of those to.

Johndoe96
Sep 27, 2006, 01:14 AM
Its np...thx.

Souppy
Sep 27, 2006, 01:14 AM
lol... I saw the /dance one and was pretty pleased... (those who played FFXI knows what the /dance was in that game)... lol

Johndoe96
Sep 27, 2006, 01:18 AM
/shrug Guildwars to...that got old.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 01:43 AM
I hope the random way will be cool, then again, if you're not lucky, that sucks....