PDA

View Full Version : D: omigawsh - regarding difficulty

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 27, 2006, 04:13 AM
so ther i was playing extra mode, lvl 12 i had the opportunity to go up against lv 16 enemies.. and we did well (Leo, Hyuga and i)
THEN we got to the mini boss, (i was in relics, so the mini boss im talking about is the 4 legged kind of golem monsters) and there were two of those huge guys, so i decided "Ok, Leo and Hyuga arent going to do much as per usual -_-" so i decided to jump right in and get the best amount of constant damage i could.

Im a ranger newearl, so i used my twin handguns constantly, then after blasted aaaaall of my mechgun (which was doing like 6 damage at a time lawl)

Then to my surprise both of them just began charging at me! Like insanely @_@;; ..this freaked me out, because i had some idea that enemys' attention gets directed at the main damage dealer, But i had NO IDEA they get furious (like in other games).
In conclusion, newcommers to the game (once it's out in english) tread carefully and dont over do it or you might be in for it D: ..i know im never doing THAt again XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrizaSiegmund on 2006-09-27 02:13 ]</font>

Rizen
Sep 27, 2006, 04:21 AM
LOL, yeah I feel ya on that stage. Being a ranger against those things were sooooo annoying (I was soloing them). Im a Human Ranger that uses Laser Cannon and Rifle/Bow (extra mode). Believe it or not, thats not even as hard as it gets (and online that stage will be harder). Theres one stage that I cant remember where there are just a pack of enemies constantly casting spells and charging you almost leaving you no time to move or get out of the way. But yeah, the enemies do get pretty furious in some stages that make you want to cry - not really lol.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 27, 2006, 04:37 AM
LOL OMG that stage!! i almost got screwed twice on that same stage wen i decided to jump in on a pack of barta casting enemies!

And awhile later on the same stage i had gibarta cast (and this is the version that stapples itself to the floor and hits u multiple times if u dont move immediately) and 3 foies.. i was left with 24HP out of like 300HP and i had burn status XD ..JUST pulled out a monomate on time wen burn got my HP to 1.. dear god, this game!!

tyler2zelda
Sep 27, 2006, 05:02 AM
OHMYGODIMONFIRE

Xenofobia
Sep 27, 2006, 05:24 AM
well its moer fun if its a bit hard^^

darthplagis
Sep 27, 2006, 11:11 AM
yeah get a wand and the 2nd earth tech from the shop once it has a couple of levels on it, it takes care of those delbiter type things pretty easy, hehe just wait till the end and the svaltus hehe now thats fun!!! (esp @ lvl 16) the real sickener is you were 5 enemies from the end of the run.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 11:30 AM
Stop, you're making me want to rip spacetime and get the game now... D:
It sounds like oober fun... ;-;

krika
Sep 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
On 2006-09-27 02:13, DrizaSiegmund wrote:
so ther i was playing extra mode, lvl 12 i had the opportunity to go up against lv 16 enemies.. and we did well (Leo, Hyuga and i)
THEN we got to the mini boss, (i was in relics, so the mini boss im talking about is the 4 legged kind of golem monsters) and there were two of those huge guys, so i decided "Ok, Leo and Hyuga arent going to do much as per usual -_-" so i decided to jump right in and get the best amount of constant damage i could.

Im a ranger newearl, so i used my twin handguns constantly, then after blasted aaaaall of my mechgun (which was doing like 6 damage at a time lawl)

Then to my surprise both of them just began charging at me! Like insanely @_@;; ..this freaked me out, because i had some idea that enemys' attention gets directed at the main damage dealer, But i had NO IDEA they get furious (like in other games).
In conclusion, newcommers to the game (once it's out in english) tread carefully and dont over do it or you might be in for it D: ..i know im never doing THAt again XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrizaSiegmund on 2006-09-27 02:13 ]</font>

lol i did it solo with my lvl 19 ranger, the funny thing was that noone of my guns had any pp left when i faced them.
One shot, run/wait, one shot, run/wait, and so on.

The first one took a hell lot of time, after the first was dead and the other 2 came, i almost quit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-09-27 11:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-09-27 11:38 ]</font>

foamcup
Sep 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-09-27 09:30, Zarbolord wrote:

Oh it is, it is.

On 2006-09-27 11:37, krika wrote:

lol i did it solo with my lvl 19 ranger, the funny thing was that noone of my guns had any pp left when i faced them.
One shot, run/wait, one shot, run/wait, and so on.

The first one took a hell lot of time, after the first was dead and the other 2 came, i almost quit.

Totally feeling ya there, my guns were also empty by that point, then TWO MORE APPEAR! OH SHITS!

Sevenfold
Sep 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-09-27 09:30, Zarbolord wrote:

*Starts floating in the twilight zone*

peenk
Sep 27, 2006, 02:20 PM
I hope it will be hard online.
Extra mode is so short and pointless.
I hope they really really have lots of stuff to do online though making something last just because its very difficult to do isn't necessarilly the best way.
I want to enjoy the game ( any game ), not grind my way through it.

ice0aqua
Sep 27, 2006, 02:47 PM
I hope it will be hard, but not too hard. Like peenk said, I want to enjoy the game and not grind my way through it.

Rizen
Sep 27, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-09-27 12:20, peenk wrote:

I disagree with that statement. Seeing that alot of stuff online requires you do specific stuff and a few one time only things (like PM, part ofcharacter design etc etc), extra mode is a excellent way to experiment with the features and plan out your character online and see what/what not to do and like/dislikes. Plus, Extra Mode is alot more forgiving than online from what I heard. True it is short, but not pointless.

I too hope online is much harder than offline. Teamwork is what an online game is about.

-Break-
Sep 27, 2006, 05:54 PM
Extra Mode, is way too easy, I hope they pump it up for online.

peenk
Sep 27, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-09-27 13:32, Rizen wrote:

On 2006-09-27 12:20, peenk wrote:

I disagree with that statement. Seeing that alot of stuff online requires you do specific stuff and a few one time only things (like PM, part ofcharacter design etc etc), extra mode is a excellent way to experiment with the features and plan out your character online and see what/what not to do and like/dislikes. Plus, Extra Mode is alot more forgiving than online from what I heard. True it is short, but not pointless.

I too hope online is much harder than offline. Teamwork is what an online game is about.

Well I halfway agree with you ... disagreeing with me. It does sound like it would be nice to experiment in extra mode for what you want in online, except that when you get online, not only lvling is different (xp wise), but so are the monsters and raising the PM. Since extra mode is not an exact copy of multiplayer, for better or worse, you cant really experiment to the full extent.
so you see ... i kinda agree but ... i disagree? >_0

Rizen
Sep 27, 2006, 06:12 PM
lol we agree to disagree? XD

F-o-x
Sep 27, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-09-27 03:02, tyler2zelda wrote:
OHMYGODIMONFIRE

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_18776729/a323/__sr_/5b73.jpg?groy0GFBjP64fcGf

Also:

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_18776729/a323/__sr_/c22f.jpg?groy0GFBD5vw3VEW

Miyoko
Sep 27, 2006, 08:35 PM
I hope it's Mega Man X 1 difficult, and not Mega Man X6 difficult... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Although, I find MMX1 to be too easy now... ;>.> Hmmm...)

Tystys
Sep 27, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-09-27 17:06, F-o-x wrote:

On 2006-09-27 03:02, tyler2zelda wrote:
OHMYGODIMONFIRE

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_18776729/a323/__sr_/5b73.jpg?groy0GFBjP64fcGf

Also:

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_18776729/a323/__sr_/c22f.jpg?groy0GFBD5vw3VEW

LMFAO.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 28, 2006, 02:42 AM
I kind of made this thread to make people aware of this game's difficulty. Anyone whos saying "nah extra mode is easy/pointless" needs to jump off their high horse. You KNOW your first few battles sucked because from the very start enemies are tricky.

But ye, guys, you'll more often then not need to pay major attention during battles unlike pso ..you're in for some strategic joy >:D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrizaSiegmund on 2006-09-28 00:44 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Sep 28, 2006, 03:00 AM
On 2006-09-27 09:11, darthplagis wrote:
yeah get a wand and the 2nd earth tech from the shop once it has a couple of levels on it, it takes care of those delbiter type things pretty easy, hehe just wait till the end and the svaltus hehe now thats fun!!! (esp @ lvl 16) the real sickener is you were 5 enemies from the end of the run.

Man, I took them at lv12 with a 4p party. The battle lasted 15mins and I used up all my star and moon atomizers.

Alisha
Sep 28, 2006, 03:10 AM
if you dont want to grind then rpg's arent for you.

AnamanaAU
Sep 28, 2006, 03:12 AM
On 2006-09-28 01:10, Alisha wrote:
if you dont want to grind then mmorpg's arent for you.

Fixed.

Alisha
Sep 28, 2006, 03:16 AM
not really even traditional rpg's have grinding.