PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious (screenshots)

Katrina
Sep 27, 2006, 06:18 AM
I've been surfing the various screen shots in the forums, but wasn't sure weather they were from PC, PS2, or 360.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post or identify a screen from each system. I've always beeen curious how the screens varied between systems.

(tyvm in advance) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ether
Sep 27, 2006, 06:27 AM
I'm willing to bet 99% of screens are from the PC version, since theres no simple way to capture PS2 screens, and the 360 version isn't out yet

Unless it happens looks like it was taken by a digital camera, then its the PS2 version

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 06:30 AM
Ether wrote:
I'm willing to bet 99% of screens are from the PC version, since theres no simple way to capture PS2 screens, and the 360 version isn't out yet

Unless it happens looks like it was taken by a digital camera, then its the PS2 version

I totally agree with you Ether. Correct examination of the present screenshot situation.

Ryogen
Sep 27, 2006, 06:38 AM
I know a way to obtain screenshots from consoles but you need some 50+ dollar equiptment. I'd say PC.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 06:39 AM
Jp technicians do all they can for gadgets...

Ryogen
Sep 27, 2006, 06:41 AM
You can say that again.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 27, 2006, 06:44 AM
here's the difference, pc screenshots look all clear and pretty and such, ps2 screenshots look all bad quality and look like they were taken by a digicam(cuz they were), I know cuz I have the ps2 version and I have to use a digicam, and thus, my screenshots don't look as pretty as those w/ pc version.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 06:57 AM
Same with my GC pics of my characters. Man, I need to get my new pc to use them! Dang it!
Anyway, they kinda get fuzzy... and if the camera is kinda bad, or your tv is in 50Hz mode, there can be black lines from time to time on the pic.

Pure-chan
Sep 27, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-09-27 04:18, Pixiesugar wrote:
I've been surfing the various screen shots in the forums, but wasn't sure weather they were from PC, PS2, or 360.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post or identify a screen from each system. I've always beeen curious how the screens varied between systems.

(tyvm in advance) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I think that you can tell by the HUD layout. The UI for PSU PC shows the directional arrow icons associated with your keyboard, while PS2 screencaps have the PS2 button icons (square, circle, etc.)

I'm looking forward to psow screencap contests for PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Drown
Sep 27, 2006, 12:05 PM
Oooh, clever, Pure Chan.

Yeah, usually companies and such want to use the best possible screenshots, preferably ones that will look better than the game actually will on our computers, so I'm gonna say computer is definately where those came from.

A little cynical, but I think you'll agree. hahaha

2Deuce
Sep 27, 2006, 05:06 PM
On 2006-09-27 04:27, Ether wrote:

Ether wins the topic >.>

qoxolg
Sep 27, 2006, 05:09 PM
360 screens are all widescreen

Tekershee
Sep 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
Easiest way to tell is by checking the HUD through the buttons, and to check the resolution of the picture. PC screencaps are pretty distinctive.

Tystys
Sep 27, 2006, 07:53 PM
Or just ask the people who took the screenies if you're still confused....just through a PM next time, XD