PDA

View Full Version : What is the most suprising thing you have seen/read about PS

Ryogen
Sep 27, 2006, 06:33 AM
What is the most suprising thing you have seen/read about PSU? Somthing that just made you say (or somthing around the term) OH SNAP!

I'd have to say when I saw the Ethan do a DROP KICK ending in a combo (with a sword) in a trailer I was thrilled and fell out of my seat. Do you know how awsome it is to own a large enemy with a drop kick? No gun, No blade, now arrow, but a drop kick. How bad*ss is that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-09-27 04:34 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 06:38 AM
On PSO the HUcaseal's third combo without weapons was a drop kick, so I'm not that surprised. Something that surprised me? Loads? Hmmm.... Whitill Wing... I was silent and staring at the screen, gob open, for like half an hour when I saw that you could get angel photon wings...

Ryogen
Sep 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
I don't know, I mean I didn't expect a drop kick....you can fight without weapons, or did he had knuckles on?

jungleking45
Sep 27, 2006, 08:02 AM
seperate servers

Numnuttz
Sep 27, 2006, 10:09 AM
the game actually has a release date for US.

Katrina
Sep 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
The fact that I can kick back and relax in my room wearing a chicken suit while staring blankly at Sonic the Hedgehog. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

OH SNAP!

Proto-Reqium
Sep 27, 2006, 10:44 AM
On 2006-09-27 08:09, Numnuttz wrote:

Haha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Surprized by nothing really, rather happy from all the changes yes.

Cigaro
Sep 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
When I first saw battles with full combos and photon arts at the end. It was like... everything I'd ever wished to be able to do to enemies in PSO, only come true.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 10:59 AM
The difference is obvious, knuckles do insanly more damage than bare hand. Also they're pretty appearant on your hands, not like in PSO when they were kinda like gloves and you couldn't see them. I suppose that the drop kick was the third combo of a sword PA we still have to identify.

Scirrocco
Sep 27, 2006, 11:03 AM
Casts can be forces. That one kind of threw me for a second.

Kaply
Sep 27, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah, but the knuckles just look too clunky. They fit on a robo, but on anyone else it just seems so strange.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 27, 2006, 11:40 AM
Finding the game wasn't coming out in March.

Pacpunk
Sep 27, 2006, 11:42 AM
On 2006-09-27 04:33, Ryogen wrote:
What is the most suprising thing you have seen/read about PSU? Somthing that just made you say (or somthing around the term) OH SNAP!

I'd have to say when I saw the Ethan do a DROP KICK ending in a combo (with a sword) in a trailer I was thrilled and fell out of my seat. Do you know how awsome it is to own a large enemy with a drop kick? No gun, No blade, now arrow, but a drop kick. How bad*ss is that?

thats frikin awsome, DROP KICKS RULE!!! lol

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 11:43 AM
But you have to admit that punching a dragon to death with a Hunewm/HUnewearl using Knuckles just makes your day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tycho
Sep 27, 2006, 01:18 PM
The World stuff

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 01:27 PM
the fact that i can be any class i want instead of a predetemined one like HUmar and RAmarl

Valkayree
Sep 27, 2006, 01:29 PM
They introduced first person aiming.

Roken
Sep 27, 2006, 01:55 PM
Finally having an online game ( MMORPG/MRPG w/e ) have immense detailed character customization.

Natrokos
Sep 27, 2006, 01:56 PM
I was suprised that you can be so short and fat.

Ryoten
Sep 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
I was surprised that I could ride a chocobo-like thing, & be able to weild a saber & gun at the same time.

Zorafim
Sep 27, 2006, 03:01 PM
Aren't drop kicks when you run up to an enemy, jump, and kick them with both feet, like wrestlers do? HUcaseal's third hit with no weapon was more of a trip than a drop kick.

Oh, and I liked the fact that this will be everything I loved about FFXI, and everything I hated will be replaced by pso. I didn't think things can't get much awesomer than that, yet I hear more good news each day.

littleman2347
Sep 27, 2006, 03:03 PM
wings

azjazo
Sep 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
no uber-busty newman females T.T

zofia
Sep 27, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-09-27 08:36, Pixiesugar wrote:
The fact that I can kick back and relax in my room wearing a chicken suit while staring blankly at Sonic the Hedgehog. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

OH SNAP!

^best post I've read all day!

=)

Phaze37
Sep 27, 2006, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NosmMmjgAOs

This is the video that convinced me to be a Hunter, even though I never used a Hunter in PSO.

On the negative side, I was very surprised and disapointed to hear that dying in PSU negatively affects the rank FOR YOUR ENTIRE PARTY. That's a real bummer. That's alot worse than just losing a chunk of exp, because at least that only affects me personally. Now if I make a mistake and get killed, my whole party is gonna be disapointed with me. I'm worried that this will breed elitism; I dont plan on being hardcore with this game and I'm worried that people will not want me in their party because I'm not totally dedicated to the game.

chibiLegolas
Sep 27, 2006, 04:24 PM
When the release date of 360's version is to coincide with the PS2 and PC release as well.
That and the US release date is relatively quick compared to the Japanese release. We''re all gonna be playing in the 3rd quarter of 2006. OH SNAP!

Another example:
When I first heard that techs are now bound to FO weapons. And ONLY FO's can cast ANY techs what so ever.
That's more of a "WHA?!" than a "OH SNAP!"

Itsuki
Sep 27, 2006, 05:25 PM
Most suprising thing to me was that theres a luck system that effects drops. I don't think I've ever seen that in any online game.

-Break-
Sep 27, 2006, 05:41 PM
On 2006-09-27 11:55, Roken wrote:
Finally having an online game ( MMORPG/MRPG w/e ) have immense detailed character customization.

Can you say City of Heroes/City of Villians? Coh/Cov has much more character customization features than PSU does.

Sevenfold
Sep 27, 2006, 05:47 PM
On 2006-09-27 15:41, -Break- wrote:

On 2006-09-27 11:55, Roken wrote:

Can you say City of Heroes/City of Villians? Coh/Cov has much more character customization features than PSU does.

Any game period really.

-Break-
Sep 27, 2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, Coh pretty much destroys all games in that aspect except pencil-and-paper rpg's.

Pure-chan
Sep 27, 2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think I've used the phase "Oh Snap!" since, well... ever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif However the "Oh Snap!" moments for PSU would have to be:

* Technics being for FO only!

Followed by:

* Technics NOT for FO only!

also:

* No mags!

Followed by:

* Mags now = pets/maids/dolls! (...that KILL!)

...needless to say, it's been an emotional rollercoaster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Pinha
Sep 27, 2006, 06:11 PM
On 2006-09-27 04:33, Ryogen wrote:

The combat system, photon arts, etc. It looks much better than the old PSO and beats anything I've seen from any online game so far.

The character movement speed is pretty good also, and the graphics are jaw dropping.

Sevenfold
Sep 27, 2006, 06:20 PM
Jaw dropping in comparison to what, exactly?

Souppy
Sep 27, 2006, 06:34 PM
The Photon Art with the big war machine guns spreading bullets on the little ennemies in a vid.

Without knowing it was actually a Photon Art, i said to myself: WOW! Is this the new spread needle?... (I know, sounds dumb when you read about the Photon Arts)

Pinha
Sep 27, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-09-27 16:20, Sevenfold wrote:
Jaw dropping in comparison to what, exactly?

Online RPGs in general. While the character design is kinda cartoonish, the scenario actually looks like an alien world, very beautiful.

Most online rpgs today are build around having a ton of characters online at the same room, and thus, they have to worry about making the game load fast rather than look good. Since PSU is meant for small groups, its the other way around most of the time.

Bluecowbank
Sep 27, 2006, 07:21 PM
Ummm No offline Multiplayer, that licked the red off my lolipop.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 27, 2006, 07:25 PM
How cool Ethan is i bet hes cooler than anakin skywalker

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 07:27 PM
That PSU isn't being pushed back and has an official release date...

RuinedReBirth
Sep 27, 2006, 07:28 PM
Combat system, strifing, and how much it is actually worth to go online. (Yay, your own shops!)

DaveOnrefni
Sep 27, 2006, 07:30 PM
-That it actually had a single player story
-Character Customization
-Wielding a handgun and a saber at the same time- (or equivalent. i've heard that there is a mech-gun type, and you can wield daggers as well?)
-Watching a video and not having to time combos, and having sustained fire on a mech-gun

Ryogen
Sep 27, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-09-27 17:25, CpwninOBrien wrote:
How cool Ethan is i bet hes cooler than anakin skywalker

...I'd say he's SEGA's answer to Anakin Skywalker.

Tystys
Sep 27, 2006, 08:07 PM
Biggest surprises?

-Single Player Story mode
-Dual Wielding Saber/Gun
-4 Planets to explore
-40 hours of single player gameplay? YAY
-6 Player parties
-People actually will play the game where I live, O_O

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 27, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-09-27 08:09, Numnuttz wrote:

Agreed, given sega's track record recently for PS.

Bleach
Sep 27, 2006, 08:21 PM
beasts
nano blasts for beasts
SUV weapons
Larger Lobbies that are city like
and oh so much more.... lol