PDA

View Full Version : Rare weapon PAs?

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 11:26 AM
How do rare weapon PAs work??? Is it the exact same way, or do they already have PAs on them, or would they not accept PAs? Just thinking of getting a rare rifle and being able to change it's element just by changing the PA seems a bit fantastic. Also, if they already have effetcs on, how wopuld they work? Like, Daggers of Seraphe have burn on them, would the PAs affect that? And what about wands and staffs?

mechatra
Sep 27, 2006, 11:33 AM
As far as I'm aware, all rare weapons discovered so far work just like normal weapons. Attach whatever you want to them.

Though some rare guns have special bullet animations, but they'll still be the element you set them to, they just may not look it.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
It's kind of confusing, becuase you would think that a special weapon would have it's oober cool attack. Do the hunter weapons at least have elements?
Also, let's say I got a rare wand with the name of Kamira. I attach 3 megid spells to it. It becomes a Dark Kamira? So we'll get many different types of the same rare also due to elements, this is actually fascinating!

mechatra
Sep 27, 2006, 11:59 AM
It depends on the item really.
Bladed weapons can be found elemental, or the boards can be found and you can make it any element you want as long as you have enough photons of the respective element.

For example yesterday I found an ice elemental Death-dancer (twin jitoshin sabers)

With guns you can make them any element you want. I would assume it was the same for Wands and Staffs except you shouldnt really quote me on this since as far as I'm aware no one has shown any rare Force weapons asides from bows. I sure havent found any.

darthplagis
Sep 27, 2006, 12:20 PM
mechatra is the death dancer the sabers made from netas notebook?

if thats so the board is bought at the shop so you can make the wepons ANY element you want (like the 2 pics i put in the screenshot thread of vahra claws and the lightsaber style sabers) provided you find the kubara wood and 'rare' enemy part, vahras are pretty frequent on offline extra and the other ones(inveror circuit) i got 2 of in 4 runs through the train mission (lvl 15 one) along with white gloves (for the 'come on' guns). i bought all the boards in the Gcolony synth shop and wood from relics (buggers to find tho)

Kyuu
Sep 27, 2006, 01:05 PM
PAs are dependant only on the weapon type, not the specific weapon. Therefore, the rarity of the item doesn't matter. If it's a rare saber, it will use saber PAs.

It's possible that there will eventually be "rare" PAs, BAs, and technics, but who knows.

Cry0
Sep 27, 2006, 01:05 PM
i hope there are special specials too. like the tsumikiri, or the twin psychogun or dark flow.

Tycho
Sep 27, 2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I think there are 'rare' unavailable PAs at the moment, and not just the ones locked in Network either.

Hydra632
Sep 27, 2006, 02:05 PM
Anyone know where the alternate (rare?) sword PA drops? I've seen people online using the sword PA with the flip, curious as to where it can be found/bought/made.

mechatra
Sep 27, 2006, 02:17 PM
Online? You've seen people using Spinning break online!?

O_O:

Ether
Sep 27, 2006, 02:32 PM
Perhaps it was actually the Leo NPC?

peenk
Sep 27, 2006, 02:45 PM
I do not see why would rare weapons have 'rare' PAs.
That would mean that rare ranger weapons get 'rare' bullets and rare mage wands get 'rare' techniques.
I do not think the last 2 are possible and to keep things fair, hunters shouldn't get anything special too.
Even though I am most interested in hunter class, I think there are more than enough variety as it is.

Tycho
Sep 27, 2006, 03:26 PM
Ofcourse stronger weapons are unrelated to 'rarer' PAs. There aren't any more than the known 36 Techniques though.