PDA

View Full Version : Your plans on the release date...

Blenjar
Sep 27, 2006, 09:30 PM
Gamertag - NoobBlenjar
Basically what will you do when the game comes out?
Will you even pick it up the day it comes out and play it?

Going online right away with buddies or stay offline for a bit.

What race will you be and will you be creating one character or several? lol
----------------------
IM pick it up the day they get it. I guess it will be the 25th, come home and play it for about 15+ hrs, same thing on enxt day. I'll probably hit 400+ hrs before PS3, Gears of War, Sonic comes out..than my hours will reduce. THe last 3 month of this year will just be me and my video games baby. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Im get familiar with the control offline then go online with a friend of mine, and maybe here too.

Newman will be my primary character, than im make a robot and a human but that will be once I hit a high level with my Newman.

Rizen
Sep 27, 2006, 09:36 PM
First off, I will say good bye to all my characters from the Japanese version, and recreate them and rush online lol. Oh, and maybe I will actually redo story to understand it.

phunk
Sep 27, 2006, 09:38 PM
Play the game.

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2006, 09:41 PM
Start my parodie character campagin

Alexandrious1
Sep 27, 2006, 09:47 PM
Play story mode until I feel the servers are stabalized and ready.

Nogatorr
Sep 27, 2006, 09:50 PM
I'll probably play some story mode, then get to recreating some PSO characters, namely Nogatorr and Kahwoperstyn

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 09:50 PM
Work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chaobo99
Sep 27, 2006, 10:20 PM
I'll be in school but my mom will pick it up..lol
gamertag: chaobo99 (it's in my sig.)
My character will be War
and I'll hang out with clan buddies(theres only 1...lol)anyone wanna join?

Cause_I_Own_U
Sep 27, 2006, 10:21 PM
Join a group and get them killed somehow

CpwninOBrien
Sep 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
gonna do stand-up gig all day in psows official PSU ship/block http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deprimenthia
Sep 27, 2006, 10:23 PM
Play story until I either A. Unlock Extra. or B. Keep going on story, and go to extra after I am bored wih story.

Then the night after I will play Extra mode for a bit, then go online.

LegacyOfMieu
Sep 27, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-09-27 20:23, Deprimenthia wrote:
Play story until I either A. Unlock Extra. or B. Keep going on story, and go to extra after I am bored wih story.

Then the night after I will play Extra mode for a bit, then go online.

I know what you mean... I kind of want to play the offline first so I know the history and story before the online modes/missions/quests or whatever.

Hmm... I'll probably be online the first day and stagger offline and online until I finish the story then all online!

Nuclearranger
Sep 27, 2006, 10:57 PM
All offline ill have that done in 2-3 days lol
Then all online!

Killuminati
Sep 27, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-09-27 19:30, Blenjar wrote:
Gamertag - NoobBlenjar
Basically what will you do when the game comes out?
Will you even pick it up the day it comes out and play it?

Going online right away with buddies or stay offline for a bit.

What race will you be and will you be creating one character or several? lol
----------------------
IM pick it up the day they get it. I guess it will be the 25th, come home and play it for about 15+ hrs, same thing on enxt day. I'll probably hit 400+ hrs before PS3, Gears of War, Sonic comes out..than my hours will reduce. THe last 3 month of this year will just be me and my video games baby. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Im get familiar with the control offline then go online with a friend of mine, and maybe here too.

Newman will be my primary character, than im make a robot and a human but that will be once I hit a high level with my Newman.

I will go to the start and pick it up then hop online. I won't play the offline until I get my PS3 as I don't want to play offline for nothing then have to start over once I get my PS3.

I will start with human hunter and then create a newman once I have mastered the game. I don't like the other races so I will problaby create humans only. I will try all the jobs eventually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Killuminati on 2006-09-27 21:57 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Sep 27, 2006, 11:57 PM
Didnt I just see a topic about this?

-Crokar-
Sep 28, 2006, 12:07 AM
i fthe store is sold out ill commit hara kiri in the parking lot

F-o-x
Sep 28, 2006, 12:15 AM
I have class the night of the 24th so I'll probably pick up the game before class (I have no idea how I'll be able to sit through class for four hours with PSU in my bag, but I'll have to manage), then once I'm out of class I'm free to play PSU for the next five days straight with no interruptions.

As for what I'll do ingame... I'll head offline for a few hours to get the hang of everything, then once I'm confident I know what I'm doing I'll be heading straight online.

Losodo1976
Sep 28, 2006, 12:20 AM
I'll be picking up my copy of PSU, gettin' a case of beer, ordering a pizza and going immediately online, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Niki
Sep 28, 2006, 01:13 AM
48 work-free hours.

Phaze37
Sep 28, 2006, 04:43 AM
I'll pick up my preorders for the PC and PS2 versions, then head home and install the PC version. While it's installing, I'll smoke a large blunt and play offline story mode on the PS2 versions to get the hang of the controls. When the PC version is finshed installing and updating, I'll finish off whatever chapter I'm on in story mode and then I'm heading straight into online play. I'll probably spend a very long time in character creation, and I'll probably use the one class and the one race that I never really used in PSO: the HUcast. I'll pobably spend most of my free time playing the game during the first month.

Tystys
Sep 28, 2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah, but it's outdated by only one day. We can't have topics that are outdated by one day!

Blenjar
Sep 29, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-09-27 20:22, CpwninOBrien wrote:
gonna do stand-up gig all day in psows official PSU ship/block http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

What's PSOW ship?

Blenjar
Sep 29, 2006, 09:13 PM
Well I kinda hope not to work on that day but again I want to work since its a hott job that can pay for at least 3 PSU games in 1 day, and one very large pizza order and huge drinks.

haha what will you guys eat if you play the game?

AnamanaAU
Sep 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
Rush online and see how crowded it is. I'm guessing the first day will be pretty dead, seeing as most people will be playing through story mode. It'll probably get a lot more active about 5 days after.

Fazeshot
Sep 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
I will... wait impatiently until my father gets home from work then have him drive me to ebgames to pick up my pre-order.. then I shall sqiurm like i havnt pee'd in weeks until i get home and install it .. then i'll be extra excited and make my character and hop online and let the pwnage begin.

SLA7E
Sep 29, 2006, 09:19 PM
Play and play and um play

galaxy
Sep 29, 2006, 09:20 PM
I'll most likely go online first, since I do not want offline to ruin all the high level photon arts and techniques for me. so I'lll probably go online first, and then in maintenance times or when I don't have too much time to play, I'll probly play offline for story.

Blenjar
Sep 30, 2006, 06:16 PM
SO how many servers or universe will there be?
Will they be called : Universe 1, Universe 2, and what is PSOW Universe?

-- Blen

Blenjar
Sep 30, 2006, 06:21 PM
And also.
3.42: What powers will the team leader have?
A: He/she will be reponsible for creating games and choosing the item distribution methods. Also, team leaders can invite people and NPCs to join the team using Partner Cards. The leader will have other powers as well.

Is it possible to invite a NPC if you dont have a full team? Thats pretty sick

-- Blen

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 30, 2006, 06:49 PM
I get to stop frequenting this forum forever... or until a new PSO/PSU franchise is anounced.

Xx3of19xX
Sep 30, 2006, 07:24 PM
Since I'm impoting the US 360 version, I might have some trouble getting online straight away.
If the HL has to be purchased off the Marketplace, it might not be available for purchase with my Gamertag until the game is released here in Denmark. Maybe there's a free month that will be usuable instead if I'm lucky.
My scenario looks like this:
If the US version doesn't run on my PAL 360:
Curse Sega of America for breaking their region free streak and see if I can get the game sold ASAP.
If it does run, but I can't play it online because the required download is unavailable to my Danish Gamertag. I'll start playing offline mode to get that out of the way until I can play it online. I might use my US Gamertag, Xx 6 of 19 xX to play it a bit, especially if there's a free month included. Just hope PSU doesn't require Gold in that case, I don't want to pay for two Gold subscriptions.
If everything works as it should, I'll play the first two chapters of offline mode and then head online. There are 12 chapters, I'll propably try and finish a chapter or two a day and play online the rest of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xx3of19xX on 2006-09-30 17:40 ]</font>

Phantom42
Sep 30, 2006, 07:24 PM
get the game, go home, never come out of m room

OsF
Sep 30, 2006, 08:55 PM
Go immediately online and make sure I get my character name, which shouldn't be too difficult(its not like i'm going for Sephiroth). Then..i'll probably just fly by the seat of my pants.

Jaleigha
Oct 1, 2006, 12:00 AM
On the 21st of October I will be arranging my work schedule so I can be off on the 26th. Since the game store will more then likely not have it available until around 3pm, I might as well work that day. I will be driving directly from work to the game store, where I have pre-ordered the game. Unfortunately it will take me about an hour and half to get there and back home.

Will I go online first, I don't know. I won't be getting settled in to play until around 8pm. I would like to play some of the offline first, but I'm an online game addict, and will probably at least get online to peek around, see how crowded it is.

Maybe I'll switch back and forth...I really don't have a clue.

foamcup
Oct 1, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-09-30 18:55, OsF wrote:
Go immediately online and make sure I get my character name, which shouldn't be too difficult(its not like i'm going for Sephiroth). Then..i'll probably just fly by the seat of my pants.

There is no limit to how many people can have the same name.

Yeah, expect a lot of: Cloud, Sephiroth, Goku, Vegeta, and whatever other names from crappy games/animes the kids are into these day.

Phaze37
Oct 1, 2006, 01:20 AM
Like foamcup has already said, you can use whatever name you want, because PSU isn't stupid like that. Some people will argue that forcing people to use unique names prevents people from using names like Cloud, Goku, and Naruto, but actually all it does is force those people to make their names even more annoying by adding extra letters, numbers and symbols to it. I'd rather see lots of players named Sephiroth than to see names like [:XxSephirothxX:] and S3ph1r0th1234

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2006, 01:24 AM
PSOW IS THE WORST ONLINE GAMBLING SITE EVER!

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 01:45 AM
The day PSU comes out, i'll probably;
A) Get out of bed.
B) Have a shower.
C) Wait till 8:30.
D) Catch a bus to the mall.
E) Get to EB Games at 9am on the dot.
F) Wait for some 10 year old to finish buying a crappy DS game.
G) Ask for my copy of PSU.
H) Give the shop assistant my receipt.
I) Obtain my copy of PSU.
J) Go to bus stop.
K) Catch bus home.
L) Get home and walk to bedroom.
M) Open packaging of PSU and place CD or DVD into DVD drive.
N) Install PSU.
O) Register my serial with my credit card details.
P) Get online on PSU.
Q) Make my character.
R) Walk around in circles seeing what I can access.
S.. screw it, I'm playing the game, thats enough steps.

Nuke
Oct 1, 2006, 04:38 AM
i love how the day after its shipped its my birthday.
ill prolly go get it my b-day giving time to ship here, then pick it up
and play solo for the first day, then go online day after.

I'll be Koop or Kooper. Male Beast Hunter! 2H weaps =)

Miyoko
Oct 1, 2006, 07:05 AM
Wake up, goto class, drive to EBgames on the way home, pick it up, install, force my friends to play offline story chapter 1 (for the tutorial), then meet me online.

PSU is a great game, one I've been waiting for for a long time, but real life and school still comes first ;p

Kazzi
Oct 1, 2006, 08:10 AM
I'll be on holiday in France for a week the day it comes out. XD i'm better off waiting for the EU version and not worrying about import costs.

But when i do get it (again xD) i'm gonna be online rushing around like there's no tommorow. Because when tommorow does come, i'll have college D:

FlakariLeader
Oct 1, 2006, 09:35 AM
I'm going to go and buy my copy after work. Then go online right away.

Ullias
Oct 1, 2006, 10:53 AM
Im gonna go online first just to mess around with the char create then go offline and play the offline mode to get the plot.

Ryoten
Oct 1, 2006, 11:14 AM
Just act like its just another day & remember it after I'm done with band pratice & force my grandparents to take me to the Gamestop I pre-order my PSU & pay for mines & my friends' copies. Stick to offline for awhile & jump online when everything is set-up at my house.

Himmelhand
Oct 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
Since it will be coming out in the middle of the week, I'll go to school, coerce my friend that I carpool with to take me directly to Gamestop, get the game, go home, play offline for a while to get the hang of it, then go online (assuming I have everything for it put together).

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 12:56 PM
SCREW REAL LIFE, IT'S PSU TIME BISHES!
....Just skip the 25th, and never do it again. I'M ALREADY RISKING IT ALL!

OK, not really, but still, I agree that skipping school is retarded, but I've done my work and got my well earned grades, thank you very much! Hmph! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Feelmirath
Oct 1, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm importing PSU (US lawl), and going straight online.

There's time to do offline mode when ST screw up the servers XD

Blenjar
Oct 1, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-10-01 11:31, Feelmirath wrote:
I'm importing PSU (US lawl), and going straight online.

There's time to do offline mode when ST screw up the servers XD

haha lol yea thats true.

-- Blen

Abaru-FP
Oct 1, 2006, 02:31 PM
Grab a case of redbull and see where it takes me.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-10-01 12:31, Abaru-FP wrote:

Can't forget to get the game, O_O

Blenjar
Oct 1, 2006, 07:50 PM
revive!

ANIMEniac
Oct 1, 2006, 08:09 PM
i would like to play offline first to get the story out of the game. but im not sure if i can hold myself back from the savory goodness of online with my own chars...

TheStoicOne
Oct 1, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-09-27 21:57, Sevenfold wrote:

3 months ago, 3 weeks ago, 3 days ago, 3 hours ago, 3 minutes ago, 3 seconds ago, 3 milliseconds ago. and 3 seconds from now.

TheStoicOne
Oct 1, 2006, 08:15 PM
And so on.

xzeekzx
Oct 1, 2006, 08:17 PM
Pick up PSU and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PS2 at the same time, go home, finish some work, and play some story mode. Then when it comes to be thursday night, play untill the wee hours of the morning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LegacyOfMieu
Oct 1, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-10-01 14:13, Tystys wrote:

On 2006-10-01 12:31, Abaru-FP wrote:

Can't forget to get the game, O_O

Lol it'll will give you wings so you can fly back to EB and get the game... Oh man I can't wait for my hunter to join Online mode ><

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-10-01 18:14, TheStoicOne wrote:

On 2006-09-27 21:57, Sevenfold wrote:

3 months ago, 3 weeks ago, 3 days ago, 3 hours ago, 3 minutes ago, 3 seconds ago, 3 milliseconds ago. and 3 seconds from now.

That was deep.

HiKeRI
Oct 1, 2006, 10:50 PM
Very deep indeed.

sonic_ray
Oct 1, 2006, 11:15 PM
I'm with Blackwaltz-R on this one; I've come to terms with unabashedly using PSOW forums to curb my enthusiasm for the release. Wouldn't be able to make it without your support; thanks PSOW! ^L^

Sevenfold
Oct 1, 2006, 11:33 PM
Its a time killer indeed.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 11:51 PM
FKL is definantly the biggest time waster....XD

mechalucifer
Oct 2, 2006, 08:22 AM
I'm getting the game with 4-5 friends at midnight of the 23rd/24th. Already checked with the store and they said they'll be putting the game out then.

After that, we're all going to one house, all loading the game up on our pc's, and making sure we all get on the same server...then begins the online marathon play. Gonna try for 24 straight hours with breaks only for ramen and peeing.

Stricker
Oct 2, 2006, 08:32 AM
Create a RaCast named Silencer and start leveling up online right away!

Katrina
Oct 2, 2006, 08:43 AM
Just relaxing and enjoying the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (mebe dancing around in the lobby playing with all the emotes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
On 2006-10-02 06:22, mechalucifer wrote:
I'm getting the game with 4-5 friends at midnight of the 23rd/24th. Already checked with the store and they said they'll be putting the game out then.

After that, we're all going to one house, all loading the game up on our pc's, and making sure we all get on the same server...then begins the online marathon play. Gonna try for 24 straight hours with breaks only for ramen and peeing.

A little bit TMI, but still good plan lol

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-10-02 09:50, Tystys wrote:

On 2006-10-02 06:22, mechalucifer wrote:

A little bit TMI, but still good plan lol

Im jealous and scared at the same time.

DONTOSE
Oct 2, 2006, 12:42 PM
ill beat the story mode first and then ill go online for the first time on phantasy star ill be online oyea and my cast is going to look as cool as hell i cant wait.

ghaleonreborn
Oct 2, 2006, 02:04 PM
go to walmart and get it early ^_~

Proto-Reqium
Oct 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
Relax and enjoy what I've been waiting for.

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 03:10 PM
I mean what are we down to, 22 something days? Peice o cake considering Iv known about this for almost 2 years now.

ProfessorZ
Oct 2, 2006, 04:19 PM
Does Ultimate alliance have online co-op? If it does then I'm sold

Dahilia
Oct 2, 2006, 05:17 PM
Going to class and working on Halloween costume.
Can't afford it right now; Fall quarter just started and art college= not cheap.
I can hold out til January. Maybe stuff will be fixed and more content will be added by then.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 05:19 PM
On 2006-10-02 13:10, Sevenfold wrote:
I mean what are we down to, 22 something days? Peice o cake considering Iv known about this for almost 2 years now.

Yeah, I remember back in May when I was so pissed off that they pushed the date back. It was supposed to release on my birthday! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif