PDA

View Full Version : Will PSU be overrun by

BlueDagger
Sep 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
"hackers"? Other online games never had this problem... I never understood why PSO had it, but will it happen again with PSU, or have they done something to prevent this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueDagger on 2006-09-27 20:45 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Sep 27, 2006, 10:45 PM
overrun by what?

CpwninOBrien
Sep 27, 2006, 10:45 PM
if its hacking no prolly not if its funny hunters named Cpwnin YES

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CpwninOBrien on 2006-09-27 20:46 ]</font>

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 10:46 PM
nerds? people who play MMORPGs? Hackers? Girls?(i wish lol) Homophobes?

BlueDagger
Sep 27, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-09-27 20:45, CpwninOBrien wrote:
I dunno XD

Sorry My title was too long...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueDagger on 2006-09-27 20:46 ]</font>

BlueDagger
Sep 27, 2006, 10:48 PM
On 2006-09-27 20:46, VanHalen wrote:
nerds? people who play MMORPGs? Hackers? Girls?(i wish lol) Homophobes?

Hackers... I edited my post..

sigseven
Sep 27, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-09-27 20:44, BlueDagger wrote:
Other online games never had this problem
what

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 10:50 PM
hopefully not all the online characters are stored in segas database so you cant reach them offline

BlueDagger
Sep 27, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-09-27 20:49, sigseven wrote:

On 2006-09-27 20:44, BlueDagger wrote:
Other online games never had this problem
what

What "what"? Tell me another online game that had this problem, or atleast had it but no one ever did anything about it....hmmmmm....like ban their accounts....

Cross
Sep 27, 2006, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't be worried about hackers if I were you. Chances are before they can even get to it, PSU will be overrun by GIANT TICKS.

Edit for seriousness: No, PSU is not 100% vulnerable to simple hacks and exploits like PSO was. I'm much too lazy to get more specific than that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-27 20:56 ]</font>

BlueDagger
Sep 27, 2006, 10:56 PM
Well, I guess things have changed alot since PSO's release. Maybe everything will be fine....maybe...just maybe...

Chaobo99
Sep 27, 2006, 11:17 PM
They may be able to hack but it doesnt mean sega cant track them down and keep an eye on them..not immediately ban but just to make sure they dont do it..they can use a modded xbox, BUT it will only be visible to them and not counted online.

Mouseklip
Sep 27, 2006, 11:31 PM
anyone who mods a $400 piece of equipment is retarded i clean my of dust i dont want it to break

NightHour13
Sep 27, 2006, 11:32 PM
Are you kidding me Blue Dagger....What online game HASNT had hacks man? Where you been? hacks are everywhere haha. PSU has a good way of dealing with these things so it seems, so I wouldnt really be too worried. Besides, it can't effect you if you ignore it. Unless it's somthing that affects you no matter what ya do.

Zephyrsoul
Sep 27, 2006, 11:34 PM
Alright, I'll clear up a little of the specifics here. Older games, such as PSO and Diablo, were easy pickings for hackers because the player characters were saved directly to the players own computer, or memory card as it may be. Designers learned their lesson on this ages ago, and now store all of the character information on their own servers, so it can't be easily accessed by any of the players, except of course to play with.
There are, of course, still going to be problems with people trying to hack stuff, but nowhere near the level it used to reach.

Natrokos
Sep 27, 2006, 11:35 PM
I have a hunch it will be invested by nauseating PS fans....Nothing worse. But seriously I doubt it will be 'infested' with hackers.

phunk
Sep 27, 2006, 11:38 PM
Will PSOW be overrun by repetitive topics?

=P

Natrokos
Sep 27, 2006, 11:40 PM
^ That's the most ridiculious thing i've ever heard........I'm going to go check on the Newman Hunter topic where they don't ever go in a big circle.....

Sevenfold
Sep 27, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-09-27 21:38, phunk wrote:

=P

Duh...yes.

Killuminati
Sep 28, 2006, 12:02 AM
I hope not. Does anyone know if Sega has a sytem of GMs like in FFXI where you can report people who exploit the game?

Killuminati
Sep 28, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-09-27 21:38, phunk wrote:

=P

Well there's not much else to talk about until the game comes out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Killuminati on 2006-09-27 22:05 ]</font>

Phaze37
Sep 28, 2006, 04:51 AM
Blue Burst has one GM for the north american servers. I hope PSU's north american servers get more GMs than that.

Tystys
Sep 28, 2006, 04:53 AM
On 2006-09-27 21:32, NightHour13 wrote:
Are you kidding me Blue Dagger....What online game HASNT had hacks man? Where you been? hacks are everywhere haha. PSU has a good way of dealing with these things so it seems, so I wouldnt really be too worried. Besides, it can't effect you if you ignore it. Unless it's somthing that affects you no matter what ya do.

Here here, took the words right out of my mouth.

Zarbolord
Sep 28, 2006, 05:45 AM
No hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers!

They be doomed. They have managed to fix all of the glitches up to now, if something else is found then they'll fix it too, they know what they're doing now.

Varo
Sep 28, 2006, 08:38 AM
On 2006-09-27 21:34, Zephyrsoul wrote:
Alright, I'll clear up a little of the specifics here. Older games, such as PSO and Diablo, were easy pickings for hackers because the player characters were saved directly to the players own computer, or memory card as it may be. Designers learned their lesson on this ages ago, and now store all of the character information on their own servers, so it can't be easily accessed by any of the players, except of course to play with.
There are, of course, still going to be problems with people trying to hack stuff, but nowhere near the level it used to reach.

Agreed. I think you hit it right on the head.

zofia
Sep 28, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-09-27 21:40, Natrokos wrote:
^ That's the most ridiculious thing i've ever heard........I'm going to go check on the Newman Hunter topic where they don't ever go in a big circle.....

We've moved on in that topic to recruitment for the newman army! =p

Topic: No, not like in PSO, but there will be cheating on the level that occurs in FFXI and WoW and other online games, I'm sure. Stuff like bots, meseta sellers, etc. Its unstoppable.

Tetzuro
Sep 28, 2006, 09:10 AM
im sure the offline mode is hackable though since it is stored on your pc
but what goood would that do..

JasonWFD
Sep 28, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-09-28 03:45, Zarbolord wrote:
No hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers, no hackers!

You know, I read that as if you were saying "No whammies, no whammies, no whammies, STOP!" I know, I'm showing my age here... /hide

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-09-27 22:02, Killuminati wrote:
I hope not. Does anyone know if Sega has a sytem of GMs like in FFXI where you can report people who exploit the game?

Haha, GMs are useless... Case in point.

[GM]-Dave: Good afternoon. How may I help you today?

Player: Yes these 6 characters have all been standing next to this spawn point of this notorious monster in Castle Oztroja for a week now, and never move until the nm spawns once an hour. I saw them logout briefly for ten minutes two days ago, and all six characters logged out at the EXACT same time, liek they were connected. I have called a GM three times previously and they have not dealt with the individual(s) who is camping this notorious monster and stealing the claim. and I have reason to believe that this is an RMT setting up camp here and using bots to autotarget the mob. Can you please investigate?

[GM]-Dave: I am sorry but we cannot prove or disprove that these individuals are violating third party user aggreements. Can I help you with anything else?

Player: Yes can you stand here for a week like I have trying to get this piece of required armor for my level and watch these bots steal the claims for me? Then maybe his violation could be proven?

[GM]-Dave: Excellent, have a nice day.

Player: =/

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 12:30 PM

They be doomed. They have managed to fix all of the glitches up to now, if something else is found then they'll fix it too, they know what they're doing now.

I thought that they were duping synth items already. Have they patched that? I sure hope so.

anmato145
Sep 28, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-09-28 10:30, Valkayree wrote:

I thought that they were duping synth items already. Have they patched that? I sure hope so.

Was nothing but a rumor, no one confirmed it at all yet. But anyways theres always going to be those very 1 or 2 few hackers in every online game.

Hrithmus
Sep 28, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hacking will come to PSU as it did to WoW and FFXI. No game is 'Hack Proof" I played FFXI for more then 2 years and they did a very very very good job with dealing with hackers. I'm sure the PSO staff has learned from the mess up's in the past with the DC and Gamecube versions.

anmato145
Sep 28, 2006, 12:41 PM
I hope so. Cause in PSO GC it seemed they didn't care at all about hackers.

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-09-28 10:39, Hrithmus wrote:
Hacking will come to PSU as it did to WoW and FFXI. No game is 'Hack Proof" I played FFXI for more then 2 years and they did a very very very good job with dealing with hackers. I'm sure the PSO staff has learned from the mess up's in the past with the DC and Gamecube versions.

They deal with hackers, all the while turning a blind eye to RMTs.

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-09-28 10:39, Hrithmus wrote:

They deal with hackers, all the while turning a blind eye to RMTs.

EDIT: Double post sorry. Tried to delete it, wireless connection failed during posting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-28 12:02 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 28, 2006, 07:13 PM
Erm, that's right... RMTs... I really hope things don't go out of control like it did in FFXI...

'cause we all know we love spending months farming for an item that's required for your level...

Parn
Sep 28, 2006, 07:17 PM
Why would there be any items "required" for your level? Combat is action-based, not roll-of-the-die auto combat. I beat the dragon online at level 6 with newbie gear (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/retail/0016.jpg). Granted, it took me 55 minutes, but I pulled it off.

RMTs will probably be in the game, but not only is there nothing for them to camp, they also can be totally ignored. Some folks will buy meseta, I'm sure... but this is no Final Fantasy XI or Star Wars Galaxies. Influence from RMTs will be minimal.

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2006, 07:20 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:17, Parn wrote:
I beat the dragon online at level 6 with newbie gear (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/retail/0016.jpg).

But sometimes it's OK to fail.. (http://www.pioneer2.net/mission_failed.jpg)

Parn
Sep 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
You're such a jerk. No more loving for a week!

BTW, Cross got a better shot of the dragon taking me down (http://burningjustice.net/misc/psu20060901_092835_010.JPG).