PDA

View Full Version : Which of these controllers would be better

Cymdai
Sep 28, 2006, 10:46 AM
Ok, so I'm planning on buying one of these for this game, after reading into how much the keyboard controls suck...

Which would be better¿ I would think that 12 buttons would be more useful, but is there a difference in response times/functionality between the two¿

Help me out.

Controller 1;
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5796463&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01063&id=1058188350409

Controller 2;
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6785099&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01063&id=1089890729982

Guntz348
Sep 28, 2006, 11:03 AM
I have the regular dual action pad, the top one. I like it just fine although the D-pad is a bit flimsy and sloppy. I've used the dual shock one and found it to be the same too though. All you really need is the L and R triggers though to cycle through weapons and items. Thats all I use and find it to be fast then the D-pad anyways.

foamcup
Sep 28, 2006, 11:11 AM
They both look alright to me. I have the 360 controller, which is 10 button, and it does everything I need it to do.

Fazeshot
Sep 28, 2006, 11:30 AM
the first one is the one i have yes d-pad is sloppy and feels real cheap but its a good budget joypad used it for PSOBB

I also think u should shop for a controller somewhere besides bestbuy because i got that same controller for 15$ + tax lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fazeshot on 2006-09-28 09:31 ]</font>

IceBurner
Sep 28, 2006, 11:52 AM
From experience with many different PC gamepads,I can truly say "Neither".

They want to be as good as console pads, but in order to avoid being sued, they can't be exactly the same. Unfortunately they really tend to be inferior.

You or someone you know must surely have a spare PS2, GCN, or X-Box pad that you can use. If not, get one. Then visit Radio Shack, a gaming store, or an online import store like NCSX, and get yourself an appropriate console to PC controller adapter. The best search terms are "<console name> USB" if shopping online. (edited for updated info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

I have one myself that handles all of the above controllers at the same time, and only cost $20. The ones that do single consoles/controllers are often chepaer. I just saw a PS2 > USB adapter for $9.9, and back in the day, I bought a PSX/PS2 + N64 adapter for $12.

If you already have controllers, the total cost is actually cheaper! If you don't it's around the same, but the quality is guaranteed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBurner on 2006-09-28 15:47 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Sep 28, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-09-28 08:46, Cymdai wrote:

Controller 1;
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5796463&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01063&id=1058188350409

i have that controll and its alrite id really just recommend getting a USB X360 controller n a good USB steering wheel for driving vehicles online i use those on my moms gateway computer

Pinha
Sep 28, 2006, 02:13 PM
I have the controller 2, the wireless version, and I like it. The D-pad sure feels different to the touch but I am not bothered by it.

I always played PSO with the analog stick anyway.

Itsuki
Sep 28, 2006, 05:19 PM
I actually agree with people. Console controllers are really the way to go.

You or someone you know must surely have a spare PS2, GCN, or X-Box pad that you can use. If not, get one. Then visit an online import store such as Lik-Sang, NCSX, or the like, and get yourself an appropriate console to PC controller adapter. The best search terms are "<console name> USB".

I have one myself that handles all of the above controllers at the same time, and only cost $20. The ones that do single consoles/controllers are often chepaer. I just saw a PS2 > USB adapter for $9.9, and back in the day, I bought a PSX/PS2 + N64 adapter for $12.
Radio shack actually carries a ps2 -> usb adapter for $7. And guess what, they carry it in all their stores and it works without drivers. I wouldn't actually recommend using an offshore place like lik-sang though. NCSX or Jandaman or something might be a better choice.

IceBurner
Sep 28, 2006, 05:39 PM
That's a great follow-up Itsuki, I'll be sure to note that about Radio Shack. This kind of question invariably comes up all over the internet ^_^. A PS2 pad may be the way to go; since PSU is out for it now, you can just copy the button setup.

I had also completely forgotten about the official X-Box 360 USB controller. Great deal for PSOX players who want to play Blue Burst, and since PSU is coming to 360, there will assuredly be a way to make it play well on the PC edition of that pad.

Losodo1976
Sep 28, 2006, 05:40 PM
I've got the Logitech Dual Action. It was great for PSOBB, but the cross is a little inaccurate due to the design of it (why circular and not just a damn cross...? I just use the cross for menus).

I'm just gonna use the same controller for PSU. Not sure if PSU supports rumble on the PC. If it does I might go get the Logitech Rumble. I can't stand 360 controllers so one of those is out of the question. Maybe a NGC controller if I can get an adapter.

EDIT: Oops, changed a spelling mistake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losodo1976 on 2006-09-28 15:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losodo1976 on 2006-09-28 15:42 ]</font>