PDA

View Full Version : Race Difference

RamenEater
Sep 28, 2006, 02:25 PM
I just looked at the link that lets you customize your own character. It seems to me, between newman,human and beast, the only thing that makes them look different are... ears. All of them wear the same cloths too. Are there other things that make them look more distinct?

Scirrocco
Sep 28, 2006, 02:26 PM
Beasts can also have cat eyes. But yeah thats about it. Ears and stats.

RamenEater
Sep 28, 2006, 02:27 PM
Hm in PSO you can tell between rangers and hunters. Maybe the cloths you are able to buy later on are different?
- -
Edit: Do not use 'gay' in a derogatory way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-28 13:09 ]</font>

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 02:28 PM
Errr...well not really. Beasts have different facial features than the other classes. Newmans have more facial and eye (i think?)...err...ask the newman people. And humans are humans.
Other than small look difference, the stats are different. Beasts can use Nanoblast to transform and Casts have SUV (really huge weapons).

Flamingo99
Sep 28, 2006, 02:29 PM
I think Beasts have stubby looking noise too, and they have hair on the hands (I think...). It's kind of hard to notice on that site though. Also remember that that site isn't exactly like the game. It's probably alot more simplfied (Copy and paste the ears to a human head kind of thing, it's obviously more in detailed in the final though).

Hm thats kinda gay... even in PSO you can tell between rangers and hunters. Maybe the cloths you are able to buy later on are different?

Well... if you see a Newman using a sword, you know they're a Hunter, if a Beast is using a Shotgun they're a Ranger, and if a Cast is using a Wand, they're a Force. So equipment does let you know what class the characters are. I personally like it better this way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-28 12:33 ]</font>

RamenEater
Sep 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
Yea, I guess we'll just have to see when it comes out.. but on another note.. I wish there were pointy ears for beasts lol, i wanna look lilke my ffxi elvaan monk but only newmans have point ears and they are better for being a FO

Authenticate
Sep 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
Beasts have pointy ears. They just have fur on them.

mechatra
Sep 28, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-09-28 12:29, Flamingo99 wrote:
I think Beasts have stubby looking noise too, and they have hair on the hands (I think...). It's kind of hard to notice on that site though. Also remember that that site isn't exactly like the game. It's probably alot more simplfied (Copy and paste the ears to a human head kind of thing, it's obviously more in detailed in the final though).

Just to clear this up. Beasts have stub noses like felines, but they do not have fur on their hands. They also have 3 different choices of beast ears, choices of cat eyes or normal eyes, and they have a split upper lip, much like cats or other wild animals.

RamenEater
Sep 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
Just to clear this up. Beasts have stub noses like felines, but they do not have fur on their hands. They also have 3 different choices of beast ears, choices of cat eyes or normal eyes, and they have a split upper lip, much like cats or other wild animals.

Just like your sig =P

mechatra
Sep 28, 2006, 03:42 PM
Eeeeeeexactly! ^

I have to say though. It's generally pretty simple to tell races apart just by taking a quick look really.

Though sometimes you may not notice that the "Human" your looking at is actually a Newman, or vice-versa.

Jozon
Sep 28, 2006, 03:45 PM
I assume this would be easier with cutin chat to tell what race they are

mechatra
Sep 28, 2006, 04:10 PM
^ Yeah that helps.

fireant
Sep 28, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-09-28 12:27, RamenEater wrote:
Hm in PSO you can tell between rangers and hunters. Maybe the cloths you are able to buy later on are different?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-28 13:09 ]</font>

That will be hard to work with. It was easy to find a team in PSO since you can tell what class everyone is by there looks. Oh well at least everyone wont look so generic in this game.

Itsuki
Sep 28, 2006, 05:00 PM
Actually, the faces and bodies are all handled the exact same. The differences are only with what I will call "facial accessories" and with textures. Infact, even the beast nose is not actually shaped differently (zoom in and take some screencaps in the character creator). What IS different is the texture around the upper lip and nose on beasts, which give the illusion of a more feline look.

Infact though, the max height and min height on characters is the same for all races aswell.

Actually, if you don't count in the ears, humans and newmans are exactly the same. Sad, but true. Beasts and casts have a slightly different facial texture (casts have lines through their face) and different eye shapes (beasts have cat eyes and casts have eyes with various holes in them). But thats about it.

darthplagis
Sep 29, 2006, 08:57 AM
well its pretty easy to tell a cast, if its a robot its a cast!! hehe beasts tend to be either huge or tiny as in leo and tonnio humans are humans and newman just look like good old newman. have a look at some story mode screen caps can you tell the difference between maya and hyuga other than sex?? or the mad prof and karen, given that it should be pretty easy (tho i thought the prof was a human @ 1st till i looked @ him properly)

Sexy_Raine
Sep 29, 2006, 09:25 AM
Newmans and humans looks almost exactly the same. To me of course, the Newman ears definitely make a big difference. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I just wish they had put exclusive outfits that other races can't get.