PDA

View Full Version : Wat to do about incompitent and annoying noobs in PSU???

CpwninOBrien
Sep 28, 2006, 02:28 PM
so theres gonna be lots of noobs playin PSU i bet and noobs can sometimes be annoying and incompitent how will you handle them??? i will laugh at em cuz i laugh at everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
If you ever met me in any online game, I am very....VERY patient with people. If they are new and not completely annoying, I help them out as much as I can.
Most of the time they act like that because people refuse to help them. But there are some that never learn *cough*

foamcup
Sep 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
I take the time to help them out. A couple times, my buddies and I took time out to help people learn how to the combos in PSO. Yes, these people could not do a three hit saber combo. CpwninOBrien, if you laugh at noobs, that makes YOU the noob.

Saner
Sep 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
well at least we never have to 'Power Level' anyone in the game manually to help someone level. ("cure, cure 2, cure 3, aaaah that does it, call help so I can finish it off!") http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I dont mind partying with noobs, unless they are really really bad (as in: "not knowing how to attack and move out of harm's way") or rude or lazy.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
i laugh at myself evry day u might be on to sumthing hmm

Xenofobia
Sep 28, 2006, 02:39 PM
well takes a noob to know a noob^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xenofobia on 2006-09-28 12:39 ]</font>

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
Its the rude lazy ones that piss me off the most.

Flamingo99
Sep 28, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-09-28 12:40, Rizen wrote:
Its the rude lazy ones that piss me off the most.

Same here. I'll still help them out... but if they just refuse to listen, I give up.

ayrista
Sep 28, 2006, 02:48 PM
Well theres a difference between a "newby" and a "noob" in my book, a newby ( totally new to the game) is actually kinda fun to know and help, and wants to get better. A "noob" to me is a person who has been playing for a little bit and thinks they know everything and starts getting attitude problems.

I guess mostly it just has to do with attitude

I like newbys
I hate Noobs

Yachiru
Sep 28, 2006, 02:53 PM
I'mma try to help them out. Most of my friends haven't played any PS yet, so they're going to be newbs when they get PSU. I'm right there to help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Knownoes
Sep 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
I'm happy to help newbies with any questions they have or if they need a help in a mission, provided I'm in the mood. I won't spoon feed them higher weps/items though. People who want freebies can go look somewhere else.

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-09-28 12:48, ayrista wrote:
Well theres a difference between a "newby" and a "noob" in my book, a newby ( totally new to the game) is actually kinda fun to know and help, and wants to get better. A "noob" to me is a person who has been playing for a little bit and thinks they know everything and starts getting attitude problems.

I guess mostly it just has to do with attitude

I like newbys
I hate Noobs

Agreed. Newbie is new, Noobs are assholes.
I never call a newbie a noob....unless they act like one.

Alisha
Sep 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
noobs wont be welcome in my teams. go mess up someones elses rank. you can be a new player without being noob. in ffxi i hated it when noobs would ask for help then expect you to know everything for them. please do some reasearch first.

Mazoku
Sep 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
I will help "new people" as long as they are mentally mature and capable of typing a coherent sentence.

PrinceRhys
Sep 28, 2006, 03:47 PM
I'll help new people since I know how it is to be on that side of things. Can be quite brutal depending who you are dealing with. Then again, maybe it's the FFXI flashbacks. Either way, as most have said, as long as they're cool, I'm cool with them.

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 03:55 PM
I will most likely make use of the mute feature.

-Break-
Sep 28, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-09-28 13:08, Mazoku wrote:
I will help "new people" as long as they are mentally mature and capable of typing a coherent sentence.

My thoughts exactly.

DizzyDi
Sep 28, 2006, 03:59 PM
This is crazy irony.

There is the "I HATE ELITISM" thread.

And here we have "I HATE NOOBS" thread.

O PSU:General the countless hours of amusement you have brought me.

Tahldon
Sep 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
Well there's a saying that I go by in terms of such a situation: Help those who will help themselves first. I'm not going to poor time and energy into someone who won't just try to learn anything on their own and all, you know? No one wants to do that.

To see someone begging for meseta or something like that. I won't help anyone like that, I'm all about going out and working for what you want. That's the way I've always played. If a new person is willing to learn some stuff and have done a fair amount of homework on it all, then I'd help them, but as opposed to someone just popping up like "Give me meseta!" or "Can I have that weapon?" or "Give me tips!" and they haven't even tried for themselves? Psh, bump that, they're out in the cold with me.

VR_Pilot
Sep 28, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-09-28 12:48, ayrista wrote:
Well theres a difference between a "newby" and a "noob" in my book, .

Very much like the differerence between a "fan" and a "fanboy".

I'll also help out new players if the genuenly want to learn the game, but the instant they start asking for free stuff, it's the mute button and "avoid player" option for them.

Umi_Ryu
Sep 28, 2006, 04:16 PM
I used to help anyone I could help on games, because in my mind there are no reason (but RP) to act mean/bad in a game.
This behavior changed a bit through my experiences in another MMORPG, so I just give advices and power level friends, friend's friends or total strangers.

I will not make fun about noobs, I am a noob. But I will always be there for making fun of peoples that deserve it. (by their bad behavior)

RuinedReBirth
Sep 28, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well, considering this is a new game, we will all be considered noobs, right? PSO vet or not, we're still entering a whole new universe. (No pun intended) Regardless, I hear the word "noob" every friggin' time I play a game. Anyone that uses the word 'noob' needs to get their hand off themselves and get the bigger picture: they just wanna play.

I've had patience and I'm always that player that just wanted to play and trash talking isn't really fun. Sure there's a time where someone just picks at my nerves but it's useless. I'd rather help the 'noob' just so they could continue with their marry way and leave other people alone...if you see what I'm saying. There were a few times I helped new players, and I saw them a few weeks later with them being a character around my level....next thing you know you got a hunting partner/friend. I remember helping someone in the game, then later they come back and give me a certain shield that I was looking for.

Underestimating 'noobs' is a virtue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuinedReBirth on 2006-09-28 14:30 ]</font>

Natrokos
Sep 28, 2006, 04:40 PM
If they are learning I will at least try to teach them. If they are whiney I will ignore them if they are off-the-wall moronic I won't party with them. /shrug

AC9breaker
Sep 28, 2006, 04:46 PM
I don't mind noobs as long as they as funny as u Cpwninobien olololol!

AC9breaker
Sep 28, 2006, 04:46 PM
LOLOL I SPELLED YOUR NAME WRONG!

fireant
Sep 28, 2006, 04:55 PM
I dont mind noobs as long as they dont ask for stuff every other minute.

OmG GiVe mE WeApOnS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Torpid
Sep 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
noobs are the helpless masses. if u learn to control them, u can gain infinite power.

Natrokos
Sep 28, 2006, 05:05 PM
^ Are you a politician or something?

Kindaichi
Sep 28, 2006, 05:20 PM
Arn't we all noobs? this game hasnt even been released ><

Losodo1976
Sep 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
I'll help the noobs out. We were all noobs at one point. This game is about playing a game we enjoy with other people. It's fun helpin' out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mitchm
Sep 28, 2006, 05:30 PM
i would help them out but technically i would be a newb to PSU but not PSO... so in a way we are all newbs to this game except those who have the jp version. but yea its nice when someone who knows the game helps you out and doesnt just say go away n00b!! thats pisses me off when someone does that... i just started WoW and people are pretty nice on there. they have all been very helpful with all the terms and shortcuts and hints, etc... im hoping PSU will be the same way. i hope the rare distributing system is kinda like that in WoW where its random (i know theres something like it supposedly i think not sure though). its kinda cool and if you get the item and dont want it give it to someone that hasnt got something in awhile. i cant wait for PSU to come out. sucks that its still a month away.

Katrina
Sep 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
Weather they're brand spanking new to the game getting stuck in the lobbies (newbies), or they're diehards who know everything about the game and wear custom newman ears & rappy underoos while playing (vets), as long as they're fun to talk to / group with, it's all good for me.

Newbie1: "Hi, I'm new to the game, would you mind showing me where the __ store is?" or "Wow, this game is great, would you mind sharing a few tips on combat, I'm having a little trouble?" (Thumbs up) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Newbie2: "Hey you! gimmie money!!! or "oooo... nice boobies.... screw the game, lets go make out" (Thumbs down) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Vet1: "Nanoblast and the racial stats for Beast looks very promising for Hunter" or "I've always enjoyed the lore in PS. It's interesting seeing the evolution of the series here in PSU" (Thumbs up) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Vet2: "OMGZLOLOLZLO UR HUnnie olololl!l11olo UR GIMP!!1!1!" or "No!, I've been playing PS since Beta3 *blah *blah* you CAN'T use SUV until I say *blah* Blah* ....nice boobies ..." (Thumbs down) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Pure-chan
Sep 28, 2006, 05:44 PM
I'm always happy to help out new players. General noobs, loot ninjas, spammers, etc. I'll gladly kick. ...And blacklist.

I'd be happier just soloing than putting up with obnoxious players. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Torpid
Sep 28, 2006, 06:40 PM
no. im not a politician. my dad is an activist though and im very philosophical.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't mind helping them out if they are actually willing to learn the game, but if they're acting like idiots and don't even take the game seriously, then I'll make their life miserable.

_Deliverance_
Sep 28, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-09-28 15:02, Torpid wrote:
noobs are the helpless masses. if u learn to control them, u can gain infinite power.

lmao

Win!

Alexandrious1
Sep 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
I would help out and give pointers, but if they do any rude behavior or just flat out act stupid or gimped, hurting mines and my gfs fun time, he will get the blacklist.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 28, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-09-28 15:02, Torpid wrote:

lol ill help u with my wining charm

Natrokos
Sep 28, 2006, 07:45 PM
Just buy some OFF! and you don't have to worry about it.

Ether
Sep 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
If anyone dies to the dragon I'll kick them, its tough love

Eauijhkuu
Sep 28, 2006, 09:28 PM
If you're Near Max Level and you still don't understand what it is you're supposed to be doing,
You're gonna get kicked.

Such was the problem with bought accounts in FFXI.
Hopefully PSU doesn't have that problem.

Chaobo99
Sep 28, 2006, 09:46 PM
You gotta help, like all of us at least ONE pont in our life, we were once noobs, people helped us, it's only fair to help back..Im not talking give them all your rares.

me:heres a rare..it has served me well
noob:Thanks!!! A LOT!!!
-ONE DAY LATER..
noob: I lost your rare..i'm sorry
Me: AWW! here get another,you know what? take 2...here have whole bank full...

That aint happening (-_-;)...lol

StanleyPain
Sep 29, 2006, 01:02 AM
In PSO, I pretty much followed a certain set of rules. If a very low level character came into my open game, I made sure they knew what they were doing (weren't a second/third character) and then explained to them that it might be better to level up offline for a little while before playing with people significantly higher. Then I'd usuallygive them spare items and money, something like that.
I had no problem with newbies so long as they were polite and wanted to have fun, play the game, and learn some stuff. The only times EVER I got seriously angry or mad at another player were those dumbasses who'd go galloping Leeroy Jenkins-style into boss teleporters without waiting for everyone, forcing everyone to wait until they either piped out or got killed and reset the teleporter.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'll be a noob at the start, that is for sure. Already I'll need to get my PC controller at some point before it comes out in EU *fingers crossed* if not I'll be terrible due to keyboard gaming. Also, I'll need to get used to that controller as it is playstation style (and I'm used to GC...). Well, it'll only be for vl 1 I suppose. I get into games fairly easily and quickly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BluCast20xx
Sep 29, 2006, 01:29 AM
well...from looking at all the videos and stuff about the game...im slightly "booksmart" on this game. At least many of us will know to a certain extent (thabks to the importers) of what to expect in this game.

As to finding out where things are and partying up, yea i will be somewhat newby since this is the first time i ever played online in a Phantasy Star game. So if i have to help out a newbie, i might not know where the item shops and grind shops...so we can find together...wait....i acutally have an idea where it is, since theres youtube vids of players touring the different cities...

yup...im all "Booksmart" right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BluCast20xx on 2006-09-28 23:30 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 29, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-09-28 12:28, CpwninOBrien wrote:
so theres gonna be lots of noobs playin PSU i bet and noobs can sometimes be annoying and incompitent how will you handle them??? i will laugh at em cuz i laugh at everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

So are you laughing at yourself because technically everyone that hasn't played the game is a newb.

Radek
Sep 29, 2006, 03:03 AM
I'm patient, and I'll usually go out of my way to help someone if I can, because NO ONE was born knowing how to play the game or how it works, I hate people like that. However if the person is completely acting like a wanker, just ignore em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Radek on 2006-09-29 01:05 ]</font>

Zael
Sep 29, 2006, 03:08 AM
Newbs and noobs have different meanings you know.

Haze2in1
Sep 29, 2006, 05:51 AM
Thats the great thing about PSO and PSU. The gaming community.
Compared to other online games many people in PSU are willing to help out those who need help. Especially with the Japanese release since there are so few importers, and so learn to stick together.
I say when you see a newbie, do help them out. We were all in the same place once.
But then again there are some noobs............... nuf said

Pure-chan
Sep 29, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-09-29 01:08, Zael wrote:

Exactly. Newbs are weclome. Noobs can die in a fire. ...and Spanaway? You're DEEP in the South end. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryogen
Sep 29, 2006, 11:27 AM
Just help the newbies out. The main thing I'm going to say is "Why didn't you at least play offline for 3 hours?" If you just brought the game, jump to online and start wanting answers then you better go and play offline.

krika
Sep 29, 2006, 11:47 AM
"help them get better" , Ofc , i dont want the new guys leave this wonderfull game the day after cuz they didnt get into it.

Lovejuice
Sep 29, 2006, 11:50 AM
Actually the funniest thing is going to be watching the certain folks that haven't played the Japanese/Beta version who seem to think they know 100% how the game works adapt to this new environment. I mean, PSU's not particularly difficult to grasp, but despite what you have read/seen the only real way to 'learn' PSU, like many other things, is to experience it hands on. That, and that this is not PSO at all anymore (and for added hilarity, this forum may just explode with confused L0L moments). Just getting oriented in PSU's world is an experience - a friend of mine ran in to this expecting PSO's style of movement and almost had a hernia getting around the new motion range and fluidity. Not even players now know it all regarding online mode, when you consider the itty bitty amount available to us.

I remember being a bit stupid going in to JP PSU thinking OK I'LL DO THIS THIS THIS AND THIS EASY I CAN PLAY HUNTER BECAUSE I READ IT ONLINE. Then after making a fool of myself, realising that yeah, starting out new and picking it all up is actually half the fun once you get over your own preconceived notions of how PSU 'is', or should be. Being a noob to start with on JP PSU was a hoot (even more so because of the endless "JESUS, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??" language barrier).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-29 09:51 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-09-29 01:08, Zael wrote:

thx finally somebody who is actually hip on inet culture

Mouseklip
Sep 29, 2006, 01:33 PM
I figure help them get better people who cant find help may figure screw this and quit the game b4 they find out the joy of the game so don't be rude or mean to noobs, you don't have to help them but dont be mean. Also everyone was a noob here once and you wanted help on something.

zofia
Sep 29, 2006, 01:44 PM
I wish there was a fourth option to this poll: [exit team] ...>_>

I'm pretty impatient with idiots (aka noobs).

If someone's cool and can actually ask a question in a sensible way and I know the answer, no prob.

If someone's a brain-dead lazy azz and endlessly asks inane questions that reading the instructions would have answered, they can go waste someone else's time 'cause I am so outta there.

Ryogen
Sep 29, 2006, 01:46 PM
I don't know if I should help anyone out that didn't take the time to play offline mode. DUH!!!

But I still help new people. Why? Karma...

vg_geek86
Sep 29, 2006, 01:48 PM
On 2006-09-29 03:51, Haze2in1 wrote:
Compared to other online games many people in PSU are willing to help out those who need help. Especially with the Japanese release since there are so few importers, and so learn to stick together.
I say when you see a newbie, do help them out. We were all in the same place once.

QFT, thats what got me addicted to PSO, the community.

BluCast20xx
Sep 29, 2006, 01:55 PM
Looks like its a good decision to play the first 2 chapters of PSU before i even touch online mode

Eclypse
Sep 29, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-09-29 11:55, BluCast20xx wrote:
Looks like its a good decision to play the first 2 chapters of PSU before i even touch online mode

Don't let people here detract you from going online right away. You have to understand a good percentage of the people that play PSU/PSO don't post on these boards so you will find people that will be decent ot you, but for the most part if you are basing things off the replies on this forum the you are in for a world of hurt because most people that post here are immature and just as annoying as the threads they create.

The above is my opinion based off of dealing with many people from these boards on PSODC/GC/X/BB.

Mouseklip
Sep 29, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-09-29 03:51, Haze2in1 wrote:

What PSO did you play I got it not at the release but about 6 months after by then duping and hacking was already rampent ruining the game. Lvl 1's screaming for mags and massive amounts of people spamming in lobbys and, asses who would say you suck because you were legit. Thats why the legit community was small and quite. Those are the only people who helped me. By the way helping is not defined by giving items away or money its being nice to people who ask questions the same way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mouseklip on 2006-09-29 12:17 ]</font>

Torpid
Sep 29, 2006, 02:59 PM
give them help and advice in exchange for petty work and labor that you would rather not do. i have fun with noobs all the time in any mmorpg. (ex: say u want to test what kind of a damage creature X could possibly do to you. so you tell the noob to attack the monster and run if he's close to dying) they're good entertainment and can easily become your loyal peasants/bodygaurds.

Katrina
Sep 29, 2006, 03:13 PM
I think you're confusing newbs with dyslexic orangutans the scientific community may have used to test cognitive motor function in a MMO environment.

Telling a newb to "run up and attack creature "x", then run if he's close to dying for entertainment doesn't seem a logical way to amass your loyal army of 'peasants / bodyguards'... but that's just me.

Torpid
Sep 29, 2006, 03:29 PM
well i was talking about two different scenarios at once. and either way, u'd be surprised how low some ppl ego's can be.

zofia
Sep 30, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-09-29 12:13, Eclypse wrote:

On 2006-09-29 11:55, BluCast20xx wrote:

Don't let people here detract you from going online right away. You have to understand a good percentage of the people that play PSU/PSO don't post on these boards so you will find people that will be decent ot you, but for the most part if you are basing things off the replies on this forum the you are in for a world of hurt because most people that post here are immature and just as annoying as the threads they create.

The above is my opinion based off of dealing with many people from these boards on PSODC/GC/X/BB.

Good point. I didn't even use message boards at all until way after I played PSO on DC. Most of the people I met in DC PSO (and a lot of the GC, too) were VERY cool, very nice. I'm hoping to meet fun people to play PSU with too.

I hope my earlier post didn't sound overly harsh! I just mean we should all take the time to read our instructions when we get the game, and maybe try a few of the intro tuturials offline before bugging each other with the dumbest of questions. If someone's done that and still wonders about something, I'll have no prob helping out - if I can!

Tystys
Sep 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
On 2006-09-29 13:13, Pixiesugar wrote:
I think you're confusing newbs with dyslexic orangutans the scientific community may have used to test cognitive motor function in a MMO environment.

Telling a newb to "run up and attack creature "x", then run if he's close to dying for entertainment doesn't seem a logical way to amass your loyal army of 'peasants / bodyguards'... but that's just me.

You mean it isn't?

Oh jesus, I've been doing it ALL wrong.

Whitecrow
Sep 30, 2006, 01:24 PM
i would help them get better because ill never forget in PSO for GC i was the biggest noob ever and the community was really nice and after a couple weeks i was pro at the game and leading parties, and it was because one guy had the patients to tell me how to do stuff.

Tahldon
Sep 30, 2006, 03:02 PM
Well while we're on the subject of "noobs" and "newbs".

I've always convinced myself that if a person has to pay for something in order to play it then that would filter out alot of the... more idiotic people in the gaming community. Having thought that up and trying to prove it right, I get even more disappointed because I'm beginning to prove myself wrong..

I mean I understand that that's the way of the world, everyone won't be exactly the same. But there is a limit to being too idiotic. (Drives me insane actually). I can't seem to fathom why stupid people would pay for a game then jump on it just for the sole purpose of being annoying and disrespecting people. More or less, making the game hard for people who just want to have a good time.

Idiocy and disrespect sprouts much to easy now-a-days. http://www.angelfire.com/droid/boltz/meg5.bmp

*end of rant*