PDA

View Full Version : accual cost of game and release date is off

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:25 PM
ok today i pre-ordered today and payed the full price, i asked about the october 24th they told me its not the release its the shipping date and the game gets released on oct 25th 8:00 AM(says eb games where i bought it), also gamestop which i know are merged said this as well, as did best buy, and circut city, the game costs $49.99 US plus tax for standard game, and $59.99 US for the game WITH the PSU soundtrack, this is info for peopel who dont already know please no flaming, this info has been sent into news already just in case

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:30 PM
i hope this is somewhat news to some people

zofia
Sep 28, 2006, 03:31 PM
It was news to me that the cost is more if you want soundtrack!

I had read from other posts that the soundtrack was a free thing if you pre-ordered... so I'm bummed, but I appreciate the info.

Thanks, Kakashi.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:31 PM
no problem just glad i could help

StanleyPain
Sep 28, 2006, 03:32 PM
Usually, given dates are the dates that the game "Streets", in other words, the day the game is allowed for open sale and shipped out. So, most releases don't come out until a day or two afterwards because it takes time for the titles to get to their locations. Not always, but most of the time.
Personally, I think it's dumb since the retail movie market has stopped this crap (everything pre-ships so that stores have it ON THE DATE), but games are still very much like this.

Alisha
Sep 28, 2006, 03:33 PM
ick psu+ffxii = $120 dollars down the drain and i just bought valkyrie profle 2 >.>

Kakashi_Xero
i had heard it was free until today it may only be select locations doing the free one but as far as what they told me its an extra 10 bucks with the game

Blueberry
Murder. Bleh. Well, whatever. It's not like i'm going to kill anyone in that brutal time period between 00:01, of the 24th and 8:00 of the 25th. I might just incapicatite them. Anyway, thanks for the info, i'm glad to hear it a few weeks away rather than when I'm looking for the game, and freaking out. XD

Tahldon
Yeah, I really don't get why they torture us like that.

They'll post the release date, but the date it actually comes out on shelves is a day later. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gone to an EB Games or a Gamestop store and they'd have to explain to me why the game isn't out today, but it will be out tomorrow.

They should just post the day it'd be out on the shelves, it'd make more sense.

But yeah.. people who buy lots of games (more or less people without patience) will have known this already, but it's indeed a good heads up for "he" who doesn't know.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:34 PM
yeah i woulda got there all early b4 they open to get it on the 24th and been like wtf i woke my ass up all early and you dont have the damn thing

Enderes
Sep 28, 2006, 03:34 PM
59.99 for the one with the soundtrack. Ugh..I think I ordered the wrong one.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:37 PM
ive had that happen to me alot pisses ya off doesnt it lol

Tahldon
Sep 28, 2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah and I love how the store clerks try to explain this to you every time "just so you know". They really should fix that system, I don't really even see why they do it. It's not like it helps us at all.

"Whoohoo, my game is on the ship today and it's going to the store!" is what they want us to say I guess. Bump that, I'd rather be like "Whoo hoo I get to get my game off the shelf today!"

First off, I'm already mad cause I don't have my game. Second, you have these people explaining this dumb release date and street date system to you. Third, you still go home empty handed so that's just a bad day all in all.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:45 PM
yeah the shit is really stupid theyve done that countless times i totally agree with you, glad i could help those who havent heard of this info yet

StanleyPain
Sep 28, 2006, 03:47 PM
I explain it people all the time. I'm damn sure I tell people "It probably won't be in the store ON THAT DAY."
Doesn't stop idiots from piling into my store and demanding crap that we don't have and that no one else has.

Kaply
Sep 28, 2006, 03:48 PM
Just order it online at ebgames or gamestop then. It's still 49.99 with the free soundtrack. Unless you ended up asking them about the 360 version which is 59.99 with the free soundtrack.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
lol yeah i always check first so i dont get dissapointed, when its not out the day everyone says, which has 98% of the time been off

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
well thats what the clerk told me that was shown on his compy, cause im getting the ps2 version

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-09-28 13:25, Kakashi_Xero wrote:
ok today i pre-ordered today and payed the full price, i asked about the october 24th they told me its not the release its the shipping date and the game gets released on oct 25th 8:00 AM(says eb games where i bought it), also gamestop which i know are merged said this as well, as did best buy, and circut city, the game costs $49.99 US plus tax for standard game, and $59.99 US for the game WITH the PSU soundtrack, this is info for peopel who dont already know please no flaming, this info has been sent into news already just in case

That's a given that the shipping date is not the date you may purchase the game, that has been known for some time concerning all games to hpefully most people who have ever attempted to get a game on the shipping date. However if you preorder, often times the game will ship the day before and make it to the store and they will call you to pick it up on the afternoon of the shipping date. This is not always the case depending on your location as compared to the main warehouse, so yes some who preordered may get their game on the 24th, while others will definitely have to wait that agonizing day.

Knownoes
Sep 28, 2006, 03:51 PM
Will pre-orders still ship out on the 24th then? Or does the game need to actualy be on the shelves before it'll be sent out?

edit: Nvm, Valkayree kinda answered my question

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-09-28 13:54 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 03:54 PM
the guy told me the 25th i said are you sure it isnt gonna be out late 24th he said"it will be out on shelves first thing the morning of october 25th

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 04:28 PM
ok i went back to eb to find out about it, the 360 deffinatly is that price with soundtrack, the clerk was mistakin

Kaply
Sep 28, 2006, 04:50 PM
Some ebgames will let you pick up the late store hours the day before a release. It depends on the store and the clerks though. One store told me they usually get their shipments in the night before a few hours before closing time so sometimes they do let people pick up pre-orders the night before. YMMV

shadynook
Sep 28, 2006, 04:53 PM
yeah i think one of the only games to even come out on the date specified was Halo 2

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 05:19 PM
and i was there waiting for 18 hours to get the first copy lol

Yachiru
Sep 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
Of course, the October 24th shipping date thing is correct. The day it says it's released is almost always the shipping date, atleast for Gamestop.

Roken
Sep 28, 2006, 06:31 PM
This is the first game that I'm going to be pre-ordering, so its news to me.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 28, 2006, 06:34 PM
It's nothing new, games always come out a day after the shipping date.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 09:13 PM
gamestop and ebgames are merged now so the do stuff the same

DraginHikari
Sep 28, 2006, 10:23 PM
I heard it usually depends on the location. Usually in the west coast then towards the East. Probably because SoA is located in San Francisco. I really don't know all shipping all works if that's the only place it ships from or what.

Krltplps
Sep 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
The EBGames I preordered from in Arizona had the game + soundtrack at 49.99 for the PC. I was told the shipdate is the 24th, so they'll have them in the store for pickup on the 25th.

Melaphont
Sep 28, 2006, 10:32 PM
Usually, given dates are the dates that the game "Streets", in other words, the day the game is allowed for open sale and shipped out.

Only certain titles are street dated, the games that arnt you can sell as soon as they get in the store. Alot of Store Managers will actaully go to a distribution center or Distribution Store and pick-up the games so they can sell them the day of release.

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 11:54 PM
Well they are two hours behind central and four hours behind the east coast, so shipping west to east they lose hours. I wouldn't be surprised if west coast sees it on the 24th and east coast on the 25th. Me in Texas, well who knows, may get lucky.

Chaobo99
Sep 29, 2006, 12:14 AM
so Xbox 360 PSU is $59.99 WITH soundtrack....YAY!

Schubalts
Sep 29, 2006, 09:06 AM
Well, how much are other 360 games going for? I kind of avoid the xbox display cases nowadays...

MattMattic
Sep 29, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's one more day, i've been waiting for months, i think i can handle one more day