PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting a bit tired of playing PSU?

Pages : [1] 2

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 06:38 PM
I can't point my finger on it, but something missing from this game, something that made me like PSO in the first place.

Maybe it's a combination of many things or perhaps it's the fact that PSU rewards you with good things the more you play it Vs dumb luck in PSO. I look at PSU now and think, I have to be committed to play this a while before something good happens Vs PSO's way of simply picking up the controller have have fun whenever you feel like it.

I really don't know what's so different that's repelling me from this game little by little.

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2006, 06:39 PM
It's most likely due to the fact that A) You're playing the game in Japanese and not understanding much of it and B) You can't communicate with the Japanese C) There is a shit load of content locked at the moment.

I stopped playing online awhile ago.. waiting until October 5th.. then I'll stop again after playing the new areas a bit... THEN I'll wait for the domestic version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-28 16:40 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Sep 28, 2006, 06:39 PM
Well...that's not what I wanted to hear...
I may as well keep playing ffxi in all of it's time sucking splendor...

Undeadpriest
Sep 28, 2006, 06:42 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:38, the_importer_ wrote:
I can't point my finger on it, but something missing from this game, something that made me like PSO in the first place.

Maybe it's a combination of many things or perhaps it's the fact that PSU rewards you with good things the more you play it Vs dumb luck in PSO. I look at PSU now and think, I have to be committed to play this a while before something good happens Vs PSO's way of simply picking up the controller have have fun whenever you feel like it.

I really don't know what's so different that's repelling me from this game little by little.

Don't say that some people who will read that post won't try PSU!Wait until its releasing in your country beside of playing the Japanese version!

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 06:42 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:39, watashiwa wrote:
It's most likely due to the fact that A) You're playing the game in Japanese and not understanding much of it and B) You can't communicate with the Japanese C) There is a shit load of content locked at the moment.

A) I've played PSO on Japanese servers before and enjoyed it

B) I barely chat when I play, so I couldn't care

C) I don't care how many planets and areas they unlock, every place feels the same way to me

and here's a bonus

D) I use to enjoy PSO offline, but I'm not enjoying PSU offline either (and yes, I know what's going on in the story, doesn't take a genius to figure it out)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: the_importer_ on 2006-09-28 16:43 ]</font>

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2006, 06:43 PM
I don't know how you could enjoy PSO offline but not PSU.. PSU, even offline, is more advanced than PSO in like every way... Maybe you just hate games in general? (Or maybe you just need a little lovin'?)

kassy
Sep 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah I stopped playing online, heck haven't even been playing much offline, waiting for the english version, it'll be a much better expierence.

Parn
Sep 28, 2006, 06:46 PM
I also stopped playing PSU, primarily because I just wanted to see what each weapon was capable of with hunter, something I didn't get to finish doing in the beta. I know exactly how my character will play out when the US release hits. No sense in burning myself out on the game, so I'm just chilling out and not playing for the time being.

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:42, Undeadpriest wrote:

Don't say that some people who will read that post won't try PSU!Wait until its releasing in your country beside of playing the Japanese version!

I somehow doubt that playing a different region of a game will magically make it amusing, especially not one that will be published by SOA.

Polly
Sep 28, 2006, 06:49 PM
Not really tired of it in all honesty. Just not playing as much because I don't really feel like burning out before the domestic release. I imported mostly to just get a taste of the game and have ended up playing way more than intended (LV27 and LV25 characters + 8 chapters offline).

That and there's really never any games started or open in a lot of the areas i play in, so I usually end up playing with the same one or two people all the time and some areas are a bit of a chore at B and A rank with 2-3 people. I figure the domestic should fix most of that though.

I'm also letting a friend borrow my account so she can get a jist of what everything's like before she decides to commit to buying as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-09-28 16:49 ]</font>

Varo
Hmm, well a post like this sure is dissapointing. I hope PSU isn't an utter failure compared to other games. =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Varo on 2006-09-28 16:50 ]</font>

the_importer_
On 2006-09-28 16:43, watashiwa wrote:
I don't know how you could enjoy PSO offline but not PSU.. PSU, even offline, is more advanced than PSO in like every way... Maybe you just hate games in general? (Or maybe you just need a little lovin'?)

Hate is a strong word, It's not a bad game. Maybe I was just expecting to much from Sonic Team in the last 2 years.

zandra117
Sep 28, 2006, 06:52 PM
Maybe its because PSO had that mystery element to it. The game's story in PSO wasn't just layed out to you, you had to find it. And even when you found it it was blurry and you could make up your own ideas about it.

Undeadpriest
On 2006-09-28 16:49, the_importer_ wrote:

Hate is a strong word, It's not a bad game. Maybe I was just expecting to much from Sonic Team in the last 2 years.

Or maybe you just played PSO too many times so you already have the experience on PSU!

the_importer_
Maybe it's the sequel effect? You know, where "the sequel is not better as the original" thing.

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:52, the_importer_ wrote:
Maybe it's the sequel effect? You know, where "the sequel is not better as the original" thing.

I think you mean "is not as good as the original"? But I still fail to see how PSU is not as good, in fact it's way better, than the original.

Parn
Sep 28, 2006, 06:53 PM
What exactly were you expecting, then?

Torpid
Sep 28, 2006, 06:55 PM
see it as a good thing. u'll be wasting less of ur time in virtual reality. instead u can contribue to real society now that u are free.

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:52, Undeadpriest wrote:

Or maybe you just played PSO too many times so you already have the experience on PSU!

That's also very possible.

On 2006-09-28 16:52, zandra117 wrote:
Maybe its because PSO had that mystery element to it. The game's story in PSO wasn't just layed out to you, you had to find it. And even when you found it it was blurry and you could make up your own ideas about it.

There's a story in PSO 0_0 ?

Hehe, believe it or not, but even if I've probably finished EPI from A to Z 50 times, I still don't know the entire story of PSO.

NeoSakura
Sep 28, 2006, 06:56 PM
Well...since I'm limited to offline play I must admit it got a little boring by now. Simply because there is not much you can do. All in all every mission indeed feels the same, no idea how things are online though. Either way, for now I am taking a little break from it. I tried all races, different job combinations and most of the weapons. But I'm still planning on getting the EU version when it comes out, because I love the gameplay of PSU. As previously said, it is much more advanced than PSO. I tried PSO again a few days ago for the heck of it...and then realized how crappy the controls are compared to PSU. So in my opinion PSU is worth getting, once domesticated. But for now...time for a break.

Undeadpriest
Sep 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:52, the_importer_ wrote:

Yes it must be that...in one word i think PSO is better then PSU even if i didn'tried PSU and i won't try it!

DraginHikari
Sep 28, 2006, 06:58 PM

That's kinda part of it when you think about it... When PSO came out I don't think there were quite as many fans out there in the PS-series. No one was expecting anything in paritcular and the standards were kept for the most part on a low-end. Back early days of video games. there wasn't nearly as much pre-release info let out about games before releases.

Now adays there are alot of fans for PSO and such, people begin to expect alot but in reality we learn so much about the games before release within the last few years, that it kind of weakens the excitement flame that comes along with a new game.

And it's not just with PSU either, I see it alot with any game that has a community that wants it or has alot of hype.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-09-28 17:00 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Sep 28, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:58, DraginHikari wrote:

That's kinda part of it when you think about it... When PSO came out I don't think there were quite as many fans out there in the PS-series. No one was expecting anything in paritcular and the standards were kept for the most part on a low-end. Back early days of video games. there wasn't nearly as much pre-release info let out about games before releases.

Now adays there are alot of fans for PSO and such, people begin to expect alot but in reality we learn so much about the games before release within the last few years, that it kind of weakens the excitement flame that comes along with a new game.

And it's not just with PSU either, I see it alot with any game that has a community that wants it.

Yeah, it's kinda sad that so much info gets leaked prior to release. But of course, you realize that it's solely for larger sales revenue. Hype it up, and sell sell sell!

I haven't played a PS game since...um, IV iirc. So I'm pretty pumped to see a brand new PS.

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-09-28 16:58, DraginHikari wrote:

And it's not just with PSU either, I see it alot with any game that has a community that wants it or has alot of hype.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-09-28 17:00 ]</font>

That's probably it. Now that I think about it, before E3 revealed to us what the Nintendo Wii was all about, I had plan to give up on game consoles and just stick with old school emulation and the Nintendo DS.

I didn't get much enjoyment on the PS2, GameCube and XBOX as much as I did with previous consoles, and the games on XBOX 360 remind me of the ones back on XBOX but with better graphics.

Maybe I just enjoy playing PSO because I know it like the back of my hand.

Saiffy
Sep 28, 2006, 07:11 PM
Easy solution if you don't like PSU:

Don't play it.

Wow, wasn't that fun?

Parn
Sep 28, 2006, 07:12 PM
Stop making sense Saiffy.

uhawww
Sep 28, 2006, 07:12 PM
I can be a very obsessive gamer.
So to answer the original question (topic)...

no.

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:12, uhawww wrote:

Could you not sleep until you unlocked everything in FF7? (The best game of all time.. but not really..!)

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:11, Saiffy wrote:

Don't play it.

Wow, wasn't that fun?

Here's an easy solution to make the life of everyone you know easier:

Go run on the Highway

See, wasn't that fun?

uhawww
Sep 28, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:14, watashiwa wrote:
Could you not sleep until you unlocked everything in FF7? (The best game of all time.. but not really..!)

FF7...sadly didn't have that effect on me.
Now, switch FF7 with Grandia, and hoo boy.
I must've put well over 90 hours into that thing, just scouring every inch of everything.

Edit:
And Shining the Holy Ark
And Shining Force III

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-28 17:19 ]</font>

Saiffy
Sep 28, 2006, 07:20 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:14, the_importer_ wrote:

On 2006-09-28 17:11, Saiffy wrote:

Don't play it.

Wow, wasn't that fun?

Go run on the Highway

See, wasn't that fun?

I'll go run on and right off the nearby highway tonight then, just for you.

Cross
Sep 28, 2006, 07:23 PM
I'm not nearly bored of it yet; I've just been excessively busy over the last week or so and haven't had the chance to play. The only downer for me is that most of the people I play with have already more or less stopped playing the game.

I really don't see how anybody who continued to play PSO regularly into its later incarnations could be getting bored, though. Literally everything that PSO did, PSU does in a much better way. The only thing PSO ever had going for it was that it was a novelty back in 2001 when it was the first online console RPG. The only reason to play any of the later versions (save Episode III which was actually a good game) is to try and recapture that glory.

PSU is a good game with or without feelings of nostalgia and novelty attached to it.

Undeadpriest
Sep 28, 2006, 07:28 PM
I'm sure what you just told me was ironic isn't it?

Cross
Sep 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:23, Undeadpriest wrote:
Say what you want...but if i don't wanna try PSU its not your problem its mine!

I like to think of it as a... What's the opposite of a problem?

Undeadpriest
Sep 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
I was answering the post of the other person who asked the opposite of problem!

I don't care i know nobody will lose sleep over this...its the last things i will be thinking!

Its just to say don't write worst post ever when its an opinion about something!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undeadpriest on 2006-09-28 17:32 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 28, 2006, 07:32 PM
There seems to be some differences between PSO and PSU.

PSO was a scavenger hunt for rare items. PSU well, there's not enough unlocked to really say you can hunt for rare items and of the "rare" items available right now, you can't even equip it if you make it.

The synthing and shops are really just another added level of time sink, especially the way they implemented the shops. Having to visit someone's shop in order to find out that they're asking an outrageous sum is a waste of time.

Combat is basically more of the same as PSO. I mean, if this is an action game, let me get some action into it, don't just make me end up pressing button a 3x to complete a combo and that's it. I would have loved it if they added extra layers to the combat system. For instance take bullets, if a combo could have been to fire regular bullets -> fire bullets -> earth bullets to generate an extra effect (maybe even a status effect instead of what's there now). Different firing styles could be implemented to make it flashier towards the end of a combo with bullets. Melee skills could have been expanded on further also, let players pick and choice to create their own combo choices rather than just implementing one standard combo with one weapon. It's boring! Yeah it looks great the first couple of times but it's just not interactive enough. Like the dual wield feature could have had so much more to it. launching an enemy or knocking down an enemy then comboing with bullets to generate extra effects, but as it stands you can do that but it's bland cause nothing special happens.

For all this I blame you console players! Freaking control limitations for the LCD. But Sega is still mostly to blame, they just didn't make this game different enough, as it is right now it's just PSOv3 or something. It's not a bad game, it's just more of the same..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-28 17:33 ]</font>

Undeadpriest
Sep 28, 2006, 07:33 PM
One of my friend just got it from Japan and he showed it to me so thats why i'm saying that i don't like it...

Be my friend if you want i don't really care.

Varo
Sep 28, 2006, 07:34 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:14, watashiwa wrote:

On 2006-09-28 17:12, uhawww wrote:

Suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and being an insane video game freak is a very...bad...thing. Trust me on this one. You've only scratched the surface, Watashiwa.

the_importer_
On 2006-09-28 17:30, Undeadpriest wrote:
solution?

Put the game aside for now and wait a couple of months before playing it again. If for any reason I miss it during that time, then I probably liked it enough, if not, then it was a nice experience while it lasted.

Banert
It's a mystery isin't it? What makes PSO so addictive? Out of all the people I've showed it too, only one person wasnt addicted the second they made their first character. There is something, something that drives you to spend hundreds of hours to get to Ultimate to find that one special rare, something that makes you hun down every capsule to find out what Rico found out. I admit, the first time I played through ruins I was on edge, I got really into Rico's quest. Then I got to Hard and found a DB saber, and I was so wowed by a red box.

For me, thats what PSO was, countless hours spent with 3 of your mates hunting for red boxes. Would it be that special rare? Or just your 10th Varista.

PSU, from what I've heard, doesn't have rare weapons in the same sense. It has uniques that are graphically different, and seem to be more common. That, I guess, lessens the thrill of red box hunting. Besides, who wants a rare sword that every other Fortefighter is wielding?

Or perhaps it's the fact that PSU has a story written for you, rather than PSO's, you follow a story, but in your own way doing what quests you want, adding more rolepaying potential.

When it comes down to it, PSU seems to be a completely different game. Maybe PSO is really over.

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:32, Kaply wrote:
The synthing and shops are really just another added level of time sink, especially the way they implemented the shops. Having to visit someone's shop in order to find out that they're asking an outrageous sum is a waste of time.

I disagree with the shop thing.. most of the prices I saw people asking were reasonable.. especially for pre-grinded stuff.

You have to consider the cost of the materials to make it.. the chance synthing the item could have failed on their PM... and the chance that grinding the item could have failed...

So, they've basically saved you the time of finding the materials, synthing the item on your PM (and failing), grinding the item your self afterward (and failing)..

By paying for all their work, you take the easy way out, and the pressure off of you.. (So you can get back to killing things!)

On 2006-09-28 17:33, Undeadpriest wrote:
Be my friend if you want i don't really care.

ALRIGHT!!! We're friends now!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-28 17:37 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:23, Cross wrote:
Literally everything that PSO did, PSU does in a much better way.

I very much disagree with that. To me it seems like psu improved the combat system, broke everything else. Stuff like midpoint lobbies are neat at first then becomes retarded when you have 99% of the population just doing relics over and over. Its going to be very hard to find open games at the difficulty you want when all the content is released and there are at least 11 mission counters per server to deal with

qoxolg
Sep 28, 2006, 07:36 PM

So true.. the more I want a game, the more it disappoints me when I buy it..

Just after watching all those PSU vids I really started to get this baaaaaad feeling that the game will get boring in no time. I will buy this game no matter what, just got a bad feeling about it.

Undeadpriest
Sep 28, 2006, 07:37 PM
I think we waited for too many years before having a new Phantasy Star so people get bored more easily!

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:34, Banert wrote:
It's a mystery isin't it? What makes PSO so addictive? Out of all the people I've showed it too, only one person wasnt addicted the second they made their first character. There is something, something that drives you to spend hundreds of hours to get to Ultimate to find that one special rare, something that makes you hun down every capsule to find out what Rico found out. I admit, the first time I played through ruins I was on edge, I got really into Rico's quest. Then I got to Hard and found a DB saber, and I was so wowed by a red box.

For me, thats what PSO was, countless hours spent with 3 of your mates hunting for red boxes. Would it be that special rare? Or just your 10th Varista.

PSU, from what I've heard, doesn't have rare weapons in the same sense. It has uniques that are graphically different, and seem to be more common. That, I guess, lessens the thrill of red box hunting. Besides, who wants a rare sword that every other Fortefighter is wielding?

Or perhaps it's the fact that PSU has a story written for you, rather than PSO's, you follow a story, but in your own way doing what quests you want, adding more rolepaying potential.

When it comes down to it, PSU seems to be a completely different game. Maybe PSO is really over.

Here's a good example of a Rare item you can find, a Scape Doll. 8 Stars and worth 5000 meseta, which is hard to come by in this game Vs PSO where you could get that in less than 10 minutes by selling stuff you found.

Kaply
Sep 28, 2006, 07:41 PM
I visisted enough shops where people were selling items above the shop costs, especially the ingredients.

Oxidation
Sep 28, 2006, 08:34 PM
This is exactly why i am waiting for teh US release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I just have to suffer in pure agony every day thinking about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

kyori
Sep 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
Ive actually be growing somewhat bored too. Having reached 50, but seems like the entire server itself is moving towards this direction. A rank games are less and less now as its just more efficent to run C for progress sake, and server load is around 3-4 stars @ 10pm Tokyo time vs full 5 star load.

Though, I've been distracted by Okami, life and weird sleep schedule as of late too. But my priorities in game are a bit different now having reached 50 as well. I only work on leveling my force job now, my PM and making money. Is that possibly hindering my current enjoyment? I really don't know, but in general I still love the game, but I just don't find myself playing it as much as I did in the previous weeks. Hopefully with next week's update it'll be a bit more fresh again.

RuinedReBirth
Sep 28, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:37, Undeadpriest wrote:
I think we waited for too many years before having a new Phantasy Star so people get bored more easily!

Yes, speak for everybody!!

Amazing. I've seen that some can argue over opinion. It's like Chewbacca being from the planet Kasshiyk with a bunch of furry children called Ewoks. It. doesn't. make. sense.

Anyway, I've cooled down playing PSU. Yeah, it's really fun - but I'm not trying to wear myself out. Currently I'm walking to and fro in the land of "I CANT FUCKING READ THAT" to figure out proper ways to synth, item recipies, and other items I may need to synth something. I'll be a coke fiend to PSU once it comes out though...too bad I'll be working 2 jobs by then.

You know, games kinda work like females. After you've played with em for so long, you just get bored and want to play another. Then one day you see it sitting there and you get back to it. Loving it strong!

Sevenfold
Sep 28, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-09-28 18:37, RuinedReBirth wrote:

On 2006-09-28 17:37, Undeadpriest wrote:

Yes, speak for everybody!!

Amazing. I've seen that some can argue over opinion. It's like Chewbacca being from the planet Kasshiyk with a bunch of furry children called Ewoks. It. doesn't. make. sense.

Anyway, I've cooled down playing PSU. Yeah, it's really fun - but I'm not trying to wear myself out. Currently I'm walking to and fro in the land of "I CANT FUCKING READ THAT" to figure out proper ways to synth, item recipies, and other items I may need to synth something. I'll be a coke fiend to PSU once it comes out though...too bad I'll be working 2 jobs by then.

You know, games kinda work like females. After you've played with em for so long, you just get bored and want to play another. Then one day you see it sitting there and you get back to it. Loving it strong!

LMAO!! OMFG! HAHAH!

Cross
Sep 28, 2006, 08:44 PM
Right, but remember: Even if you aren't playing one at the moment, you still have to feed it, or else in a month or so your basement is gonna stiiiiiiink.

RuinedReBirth
Sep 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-09-28 18:44, Cross wrote:

Right, but remember: Even if you aren't playing one at the moment, you still have to feed it, or else in a month or so your basement is gonna stiiiiiiink.

Hah! God but when you get the game and you dont like it...then there's no reason to ever play it...But then you do like it...then there's no reason to ever play it.

...Wait, that sorta made...no sense. That's what I'm here for, quick responses. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuinedReBirth on 2006-09-28 18:53 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Sep 28, 2006, 09:00 PM
We need the comic relief.

I personally don't care where it comes from http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
At the expense of other's sanity and happiness? I say...it works for me.

peenk
Sep 28, 2006, 09:17 PM
After playing JP PSU I went that same day and preordered NA PSU.
After playing a little bit more of PSU I went ahead and emailed (they wont let you cancel online for some reason) ebgames.com asking for them to cancel my preorder.
I suggest people rent first. I think sega delivers too little too late. There are much better games comming out about same time as NA PSU.
I will personally wait and see how NA Online does so I am still hopeful. The game will not get any better just because 'its in english.'
That's my $0.02 so do not flame.

EDIT: I spent about 2 weeks 'trying' JP PSU out and yes I did not see ALL the content. I feel I have seen enough to discourage me from buying the game but I am hopeful game will be better once I know about all of the locked content.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-28 19:20 ]</font>

Tetzuro
Sep 28, 2006, 09:20 PM
this is bad news...... very bad news

_Deliverance_
Sep 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
Why is it bad news? Because not everybody likes it? psssh /toss.
Not everyone likes ffxi, but I do. Oh well. No game is for everybody.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 09:30 PM
HERACY!!!!!not bad news its another persons opinions if you want it get it i love it still REMEMBER ITS NOT PSO and not designed to be PSO, so DONT campare it other wise it would be what PSO EP 5 or somethign if it was pso, not the point but yeah >_>' ? shit just....no.....not pso....no.......(dies for unknown reason)

Alexandrious1
Sep 28, 2006, 09:33 PM
I just want to play it cuz of the real time battle system, I doubt ill ever get bored with it, unless I max leveled all classes and expert classes and content comes in at a slooooow pace.

Honestly I cant play any major competative mmos anymore, now that I work 40 hours a week I just cant do it, I could play the upcoming RO2 sure, but what id really want to play is the new Vanguard, sighs alas life bites ya in the arse, so I gotta settle for onliners like PSU.

Flamingo99
Sep 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
Well... this has probably been said a couple of times, but there is still alot of content yet to be released. I think once they raise the level cap and open up new worlds and equipment, the game will be as fun as when you first got it. But honestly, everyone gets really excited when they first get a game they have been anticipating. Once you play it, that "high" sort of wears off after a while. I personally would be surprised if this game keeps me really entertained for more than a week. It's not that I'm not going to play it, nor am I saying the game will suck. It will just be a game I will casually play after a while, as opposed to sitting in front of my T.V. all day. I hate spending too much time on the computer or playing video games. I'd rather sit down and read a book. But I can only read for so long... and friends are normally busy, so thats when video games come in. But, that's how I am personally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-28 19:38 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 09:40 PM
wtf are books?

RuinedReBirth
Sep 28, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-09-28 19:40, Kakashi_Xero wrote:
wtf are books?

They must be those things with papers and letters you must defrag! I can't put my finger onit

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 09:45 PM
now that you mention it.....nope still aint ringing any bells (hears doorbell) stupid door to door salesmen

Banert
Sep 28, 2006, 10:19 PM
I have a question to those of you who are/did play the game. Before you got bored with it, was it fun? I mean, was it more than just a way to kill time, did you enjoy playing it whether you got an S rank or not?

Just wondering, afterall, thats the purpose of games, fun. Well that and escaping reality.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 10:48 PM
hell yeah its a blast has been since day one and still is, no loss of motovation here, i just say chin up and wait for more stuff to be unlocked meanwhile im having a fun time with what ive got

Melaphont
Sep 28, 2006, 10:56 PM

Go run on the Highway

See, wasn't that fun?

Why would you even say that? You seriously need to grow up. You are pathetic for even saying that.

RamenEater
Sep 28, 2006, 11:15 PM
I played PSO back when i was in High school, and the game was just AMAZING. Everything the music the interaction with other people. Those were the times when online gaming was getting bigger and more people were getting into it. So of course PSO was so good. After playing FFXI for like 3 years, which im not proud of lol, I played PSO again for like 1 week. The fighting was just so monotonous, and I feel that PSU will be the same way. Granted there are alot more combo's and the fighting system has evolved alot, but it might lack the "UMPH". Hopefully it doesnt lack it, because i've been waiting for this game for like a year.

The fighting in this game looks very fun, since its fast action, but if they don't have a fighting system where it just keeps you hooked then it can get boring. As an example, "Smash bros. and Marvel vs. Capcom 2" will never get boring to me. Its addictive to play them and once you dont play them for a while, you still have that nostalgic feeling of doing your favorite combo. I don't know many games that have so much action like PSU. MMO's dont have this type of battle system.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 28, 2006, 11:25 PM
im 20 so technically i am

vitius137
Sep 28, 2006, 11:31 PM
I sort of experienced the same thing but I think I may know why. For me it's because there are much less weapon/armor drops. The fact that just regular drops are rare kinda makes you think it's impossible to get real rares (aside from crafting materials).

RamenEater
Sep 28, 2006, 11:38 PM
The one thing that I really wanted from PSU was combo's with other players. Something fast action to keep it interesting all the time. Maybe one day they will add something but I think thats a pretty big change to be made.

Valkayree
Sep 28, 2006, 11:44 PM

Sounds good, one less player means one less unit of lag when I get online. Nothing anyone can say will deter me from playing this game. Sorry to hear you are dissappointed, maybe you are playing for the wrong reasons.

Kyuu
Sep 29, 2006, 12:00 AM
If you think that the large amount of content that isn't released, the low level cap, and the lack of rares and variety in drops aren't huge contributers to why your interest may be waning... then I dunno what to say. A lot of the attraction in PSO was treasure hunting, and what little rares and equipment are currently available in PSU are huge items of interest.

Having people to play with is quite important too, of course. You can have fun playing by yourself, but it's just not the same as interacting with even one other person.

... That second paragraph could so be taken the wrong way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-28 22:05 ]</font>

RuinedReBirth
Sep 29, 2006, 12:57 AM
It'll be fine, I suppose by the time the US version is released a great majority of the content will be unlocked - or shortly after the release. As much as people downgrade/praise this game, I absolutely cannot wait until I sign on-line and play with my old PSO friends again. Gonna be fun.

BRB Toothpick.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2006, 01:23 AM
I'll play for sure, need to test an online game sometime in my life right?
=>That bored feeling would come from the sens that there isn't much to do (at the moment). You really should wait for everything to unlock to say your opinion. It's as if you were playing super smash VS mode, without unlocking anything, and playing just that, then saying that the game gets boring. Wait for the unlock I say.

Zael
Sep 29, 2006, 02:23 AM
Don't like it, then don't play it. Simple as that.

Alisha
Sep 29, 2006, 02:26 AM
this thread has been pure entertainment.

last blade wins!

out of curiosity though importer did you jump right from pso to psu? if i had done that i might be bored too because when i last played pso i was so burned out on pso that i couldnt play through one stage without getting bored.

Zael
Sep 29, 2006, 02:31 AM
o snaps, drama.

Hey what's up Sodaboy? long time no see

physic
Sep 29, 2006, 02:55 AM
basically i think the problem is that ST is running it like how they run PSOBB, ie releasing cheesy already in game low level content slowly, and if you are a pso vet, that is probably super slow for you. Its gay to be told you cant get up to the equivalent of mission 4 online.
Basically a pso vet is used to having reg free roam, battle, challenge normal-ultimate at their disposal and a variety of rares mop up mission endless nightmares blah blah. so far pso is very locked up. Its essentially like ok you only get normal difficulty no challenge mode, no battle mode, your mag is limited to level 50 and you can only go up to mines. Of course your gonna get bored, your not a newbie amazed by teh small stuff anymore. You want to get strong fast and see rares and get special armors try to srank missions while walking through walls, this game wont deliver that for awhile.
Also IMO until they add challenge you will never need the type of skill that the game might need. because you can just outlevel or outmoney every level you fight, till they throw you in the level with nothing but grit.

Sev
Sep 29, 2006, 03:37 AM
How the fuck did I miss all this?

I've only played PSU offline... And in Japanese. That was fun, but it wasn't great.

Now when I can play Online... And actually understand the what the hell is going on. I think I'll be pretty well satisfied. So from what I've played of it, no, I'm not tired of it.

Really, I don't think I'll have that much of a problem with slowly unlocking the content... To be honest... If all the content is realeased at one time, it's a good and bad thing... If you give up everything from the start, then of course you have nothing to offer down the line... And there will be those people who think the game is terrible, because they beat it so quickly and that's gonna happen if you play non-stop and just wanna level up and find items... I also don't understand why so many people seem to think that finding Rare/Unique items and Synthesizing them are that different... I would think that it's not that easy to find the right patterns, and then to find all of the materials to synthesize that item. I could be wrong though, it's not like I got far into the game and I didn't get to play online at all (And online is basically what I'm talking about) but that's just simply my opinion.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 29, 2006, 05:25 AM

I want to applaud you first of all. Because you have succeeded in making a few hundred people paranoid and possibly upset by this thread.
Do me a favour and change the title to "Has anyone else over-done it with the content purposely limited by sega for the time being?"

Haze2in1
Sep 29, 2006, 05:40 AM
On 2006-09-29 00:55, physic wrote:
basically i think the problem is that ST is running it like how they run PSOBB, ie releasing cheesy already in game low level content slowly, and if you are a pso vet, that is probably super slow for you. Its gay to be told you cant get up to the equivalent of mission 4 online.
Basically a pso vet is used to having reg free roam, battle, challenge normal-ultimate at their disposal and a variety of rares mop up mission endless nightmares blah blah. so far pso is very locked up. Its essentially like ok you only get normal difficulty no challenge mode, no battle mode, your mag is limited to level 50 and you can only go up to mines. Of course your gonna get bored, your not a newbie amazed by teh small stuff anymore. You want to get strong fast and see rares and get special armors try to srank missions while walking through walls, this game wont deliver that for awhile.
Also IMO until they add challenge you will never need the type of skill that the game might need. because you can just outlevel or outmoney every level you fight, till they throw you in the level with nothing but grit.

QFT

I guess you need to be patient until more content is released. Im sure PSO sufferered from the same problems, however PSU is still young.
If you play it too fast of course the game experience will burn out since there isnt much content available yet, hell, the game is in beta stages still.... this will change next month( finger crossed)
I say give it some time. And if you arent that patient then prehaps PSU isnt really for you.

Ether
Sep 29, 2006, 05:53 AM
On 2006-09-29 03:25, DrizaSiegmund wrote:

I want to applaud you first of all. Because you have succeeded in making a few hundred people paranoid and possibly upset by this thread.

Personally I think it's ridiculous that you can't say anything negative about PSU around here without being jumped on by an angry mob, blindy defending a game most haven't played yet.

For the record, there are exactly 6 enemies in the game that weren't in the beta. That should give you an idea of how extremely limited the content is right now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-29 03:56 ]</font>

Cross
Sep 29, 2006, 06:27 AM
Do me a favour and change the title to "Has anyone else over-done it with the content purposely limited by sega for the time being?"

Let me tell you a secret: When people buy a video game, typically they like to play it, too.

Kaply
Sep 29, 2006, 06:59 AM
Releasing content at such a slow rate is just a way to avoid having to come up with new content. Lets put it this way, would anyone have bought this game, paid 50 dollars with a monthly fee for just what's available now. Would anyone have bought WoW if they only had level 30 stuff for two months? Heck at least with WoW, the content doesn't have to be the same from 1-30 if you play in multiple regions but PSU one ups that and says hey, revisit this zone and we'll up the level of the monsters so wow, the players should be happy because this is whole different zone they can play in now. Trash.

PAs are also another form of time sink. Instead of PSO style where you can buy techs to increase their levels now players have to buy them from level 1 and keep using them to increase their levels.

Everything about this game is just a horrendous time sink and most of it isn't an enjoyable time sink which is what I'm complaining about. If I'm going to play a game make it enjoyable to play. Show me some shiny new stuff to distract me and get my attention.

One of the things they did horribly wrong, especially with swords is to implement the photon color changes on the blades. This is nice and neat the first time around but in the grand scheme of things, it's bad because you can barely see the changes between different weapons when they're only shown on the hilt. Probably holds true only in the low level weapon selections, but hey you know what? I have to put up with this crap for 2+ months.

Miyoko
Sep 29, 2006, 07:10 AM
Question:... When does the "second beta" end, again?...

Could they just be slow with the content because they're in the "beta" again?...

Kers
Sep 29, 2006, 07:30 AM
On 2006-09-29 05:10, Miyoko wrote:
Question:... When does the "second beta" end, again?...

Could they just be slow with the content because they're in the "beta" again?...

the new content releases October 5th, I think along with the end with the test month? atleast it's close to that.

Reading that "burn" on watashi made me laugh pretty hard..he's only posted what, 20 videos of himself playing PSU, and kicking butt? lol

Aphael
Sep 29, 2006, 08:05 AM
Like has been said before, it's still in the "Second Beta." I'm pretty sure content releases will pick up to better than a once-a-month deal after that ends.

Wasn't it said in an interview that Sega was planning on opening a new story quest every other week? I imagine some other things (A slight level cap increase, maybe some new items and/or areas) could easily accompany that. We just have to hope that Sega wont impose the month-of-nothing on our release, since I doubt we'll get the Second Beta treatment (Assuming they remembered to fix our servers when they fixed the JP ones).

As far as time sinks go... After playing FFXI for three years and grinding Honor with two characters in WoW, it'd take one hell of a timesink to scare me away > >.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2006, 08:38 AM
When the US and EU versions will be out then the content will be VERY interesting. Also, I haven't played PSO since this summer (end July) and I'm mouth watering for PSU. So that's a way to love the game. Wait longer of rit to come (as if a month late wasn't already enough...).

AC9breaker
Sep 29, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-09-?? ??:??, Somebody wrote:
Going to the PSOW forums is like getting a bukake of stupid in your face.

QFT

This game is exactly like PSO except better. I don't play everyday becuase personally, I have a life. I have shit to do. But when I do play, I find the already limited content to be overwhelming. But you know what? I still have fun and have good times whenever I do play becuase I always play with friends.

Perhaps the problem for the opening poster is that he has no friends. Also, this game isn't a sinkhole like all the other shitty mmorpgs out there. I can play, do what the fuck I want, whenever I want and be done. Then I can play other fucking awesome games like Okami or even better go out drinking with friends and if I'm lucky, get my knob polished.

The fact is, this game is extremely Hardcore casual, which is why its so awesome. Which is also what the original PSO was. Hardcore Casual, anyone who is not enjoying the game is not enjoying it because it's their own fault, not Segas.

PSU is fucking awesome and all, but doing something 24/7 is fucking wack. Doesn't matter what it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2006-09-29 08:02 ]</font>

sulfate
Sep 29, 2006, 10:26 AM
On 2006-09-29 08:02, AC9breaker wrote:

QFT

This game is exactly like PSO except better. I don't play everyday becuase personally, I have a life. I have shit to do. But when I do play, I find the already limited content to be overwhelming. But you know what? I still have fun and have good times whenever I do play becuase I always play with friends.

Perhaps the problem for the opening poster is that he has no friends. Also, this game isn't a sinkhole like all the other shitty mmorpgs out there. I can play, do what the fuck I want, whenever I want and be done. Then I can play other fucking awesome games like Okami or even better go out drinking with friends and if I'm lucky, get my knob polished.

The fact is, this game is extremely Hardcore casual, which is why its so awesome. Which is also what the original PSO was. Hardcore Casual, anyone who is not enjoying the game is not enjoying it because it's their own fault, not Segas.

PSU is fucking awesome and all, but doing something 24/7 is fucking wack. Doesn't matter what it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2006-09-29 08:02 ]</font>

QFT

i love you.....lol jk

hey man lets get a LAN together and drink away, ive never had a 21 and over LAN party lol

_Deliverance_
Sep 29, 2006, 10:52 AM

QFT

I hear ya man. Even if this game has half the time sink of FFXI, I'll be happy.

Saiffy
Sep 29, 2006, 10:53 AM
I'm fapping right now guys

_Deliverance_
Sep 29, 2006, 10:55 AM
k

SephYuyX
Sep 29, 2006, 10:58 AM
This is why I lol at people for importing games.

Importing is generally a horrible experiance; ive played a few imports and a few betas, and it just kills the experiance.

All it does is just burn you out. Aside this is PSO/U most people play this game hardcore for a month, then just stop. No sane person plays this game like a real MMORPG, PSO is like a drug, every now and then it will bug you, but you know the second you play it, youll be addicted for about a week, then youll get burnt out on it again. Ive been getting the PSO bug for about 5 months now, but ive resisted it so far because I know if I played it now, I wouldnt last long in PSU.

But yeah, importing isnt the greatest ideas, it works for some people, but it doesnt make any sence to do so as it only causes trouble in the future. Ive sworn to never import or play a beta again.

DraginHikari
Sep 29, 2006, 11:06 AM
Releasing content slowly is a business practice for most Online games in general. It's a balance thing really, release things slowly enough that people will continue to pay to wait for something but at the same time not too slow so people get angry and leave. If you expect any company to release everything at once in a Pay-to-Play setup then your being a tad unrealisic.

And you've forgotten PSU's server got hit pretty hard due to lack of preperation on the Sega's part... releasing new content in a buggy system is a horrible idea anyway. Let's look at an example from English BB for example. Ep4... probably one of the most glitchy things we recent on that server probably because it was rushed and unprepared, we had disconnection glitches and several other problems from a rush job in a bad situation.

I rarely notice lack of content issues since I tend to be what many might consider a 'lazy' gamer. I only play something for as long as I feel like and often time rarely reach the 'endgame' in online gmaes. Those type of things usually only effect those that play the absolute most.

As I said earlier in this topic people where speculating everyone and got too anixous for the game and now that it's out people some have become disappointed because the hype is gone for them now that the wait is over.

kassy
Sep 29, 2006, 11:15 AM
How many updates can you hold on a dvd before either a) they're all used up or b) people get tired of Sega unlocking stuff too slowly.

SephYuyX
Sep 29, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-09-29 09:15, kassy wrote:
How many updates can you hold on a dvd before either a) they're all used up or b) people get tired of Sega unlocking stuff too slowly.

Who says their has to stuff on the install DVD for an update?

And have you ever played any other MMORPG? too slowy to you is a company concept thats been used for years to make the game last longer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-09-29 09:21 ]</font>

kassy
Sep 29, 2006, 11:38 AM
On 2006-09-29 09:20, SephirothYuyX wrote:

On 2006-09-29 09:15, kassy wrote:

Who says their has to stuff on the install DVD for an update?

And have you ever played any other MMORPG? too slowy to you is a company concept thats been used for years "to make the game last longer.

Yes I've played several games you could class a 'classic' mmorpgs but my favourites have been WoW and PSO, although not a mmorpg per se, it's still the reason I'm playing PSU, played PSO since v1 JP.

Not really talking about my own thoughts when I say "too slowly", more the general players base's opinions, PSO players weren't the most patience people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif, I guess I just doubt the quality of updates when the time comes that the dvd content has been fully implemented and the PS2 lacks a hard drive.

Weak
Sep 29, 2006, 11:45 AM
This thread has made me laugh in three ways.

1. The original poster complained about being bored with a game that's being played in a language he can't understand. As if we have something to add to that topic.

2. It has continued for 11 pages.

3. (This space for rent)

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 29, 2006, 12:03 PM
you could always get the gigantic 64Mb memory vard for the ps2 like i have,i know this is off topic but could someone provide me witha link where i can get a keyboard and what not for the ps2 slim

Tetzuro
Sep 29, 2006, 12:29 PM
look i say this, fuk it, lets enjoy it for who we play it with, thats the essense of an online game, if we play it with a fun group then the game is funner, thats how online games work, it depends on who you play with, i remember PSO was a blast for me cause i always played with my friends who were awesome to talk to.

so i say depending on who you play with , will effect your expereance

Zael
Sep 29, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-09-29 09:45, Weak wrote:
This thread has made me laugh in three ways.

1. The original poster complained about being bored with a game that's being played in a language he can't understand. As if we have something to add to that topic.

2. It has continued for 11 pages.

3. (This space for rent)

The original poster is also known to make loads of stupid topics on BB boards, and also known to have the smallest repertoire of comebacks/insults.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 29, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-09-29 03:53, Ether wrote:

Personally I think it's ridiculous that you can't say anything negative about PSU around here without being jumped on by an angry mob, blindy defending a game most haven't played yet.

That's not true and you know it. There is a diffrence between noting issues of a game that need to be fixed and a complaint from something the user has caused upon themselves, no-one told him to import a foreign game and then come back to say such rediculous things. See constructive criticism or the old saying "dont give me a problem, give me a solution".

On 2006-09-29 10:36, Zael wrote:
The original poster is also known to make loads of stupid topics on BB boards, and also known to have the smallest repertoire of comebacks/insults.

i see..

QFT

Niki
Sep 29, 2006, 03:47 PM
I enjoy this game more every time I fire it up. The simple answer for those who don't is "find something else to do".

I can't help felling a touch of pity for those who have been at LV50 for a couple of weeks. I'm sure, at least I hope, they are enjoying themselves. But I do wonder...what are you doing with your life? Oh well...

I play for small increments when I can, perhaps that's why I always look forward to getting online.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 29, 2006, 04:27 PM

QFT

Best Post in this thread *ever*.

AC9Breaker you are tre' kick @$$ IMO.
You practically "took the words out of my mouth",
I agreee wholeheartedly. Peace.

Valkayree
Sep 29, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-09-28 17:32, Kaply wrote:

For all this I blame you console players! Freaking control limitations for the LCD. But Sega is still mostly to blame, they just didn't make this game different enough, as it is right now it's just PSOv3 or something. It's not a bad game, it's just more of the same..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-28 17:33 ]</font>

Blame PS2. Don't blame the 360, the 360 can take what you can dish out.

Kazzi
Sep 29, 2006, 04:56 PM
I got bored playing because when you've completed story mode without a clue of what actually just happened it seems empty. Im sure i wont get bored with the english version though, online RPG's require that social interaction, but thats hard to get when the players around you are japanese.

But as more areas open up and more missions come outta the blue then it'll keep me intrested.

Ryno
Sep 29, 2006, 08:14 PM
i'm not tired of it... because i paid $80 on ebay just to get the japanese version for PS2...lol

Animosity
Sep 30, 2006, 01:21 AM
1.maybe you like simple games more and psu is just to complex. on pso a 12 year old can be good but on psu you need more skill to combine combos with photon arts.2. maybe you just want stuff handed to you. you should have to play every game alot before you get good stuff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animosity on 2006-09-29 23:21 ]</font>

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 02:39 AM
posts like this make me think the game isnt gonna be like all ive read and heard BUT i am gonna keep open an open mind >< and you said it gives you rewards.......first time I ever saw someone complain about getting rewards.... I'm sorry the game wasnt for you.. =/ Hope you find what your looking for out there

-Break-
Sep 30, 2006, 02:57 AM
I have to agree with the original poster, it feels like there is something is missing, just can't put my finger on it though...

Katrina
Sep 30, 2006, 02:57 AM
I wouldn't let this post get you down Happy, while there are some valid points in why a few were feeling a bit bored, there is still a large ammount of general content not yet unlocked, in addition to a number of hidden patched to be released in time.

I'm still excited about the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif , and am very much looking forward to the 24'th. (Judging by some of the holiday room decors, I'm keeping my hopes up for a bit of halloween fun as well). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pumpkin.gif

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 03:01 AM
Yay ty Pixiesugar *hug* hehe I would love to see some kind of halloween event

Sev
Sep 30, 2006, 03:13 AM
This thread makes me laugh when people talk about slow content release in this game...

1. The game as been out for a little over 1 month.

2. The server was having problems in the first place... If you seriously expected them to release content before completely neutralizing the content you need to understand one thing... Drugs are bad.

3. I will steal > Everybody.

Alright... Seriously though... It's kinda ridiculous to be complaining about slow content release 1 month into the game... The only reason some people are burnt out or are so high is because they've put ALOT of hours into the game already. That's just all there is too it... It's your choice to put as much time as you want into the game... But seriously... You know exactly why there wasn't new content, and you knew that it'd eventually come and it really hasn't taken as long as you think... Most people get burnt out on PSO quickly because almost everything was there to begin with aside from a few quests that can be put into place and some themes that you might wanna see. Most gamers wouldn't think that PSU's content is coming out that slowly... Sega had a setback, they took the time to try and resolve that before moving on.

God forbid if they would've just ignored the problem and kept providing content. There would have been no end to the bitching about that. I'm just thinking you might wanna slow down and rethink things a little before you say the content is slow...

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 03:16 AM
Very nicely put Sev http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

what kinda content are they adding btw? Oo any clothing!?

Sev
Sep 30, 2006, 03:28 AM
I'm not sure about all the content... I do know that they're getting the other planet which is Moatob. As for the rest, that should basically mean new missions, new weaopns, and most likely new enemies... It definitely means new areas and missions though. I wonder if they will release all the clothing now that the last planet is open... That'd be something to look forward to for sure.

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 03:31 AM
Oh all the Fashion combinations!!! but I mean ill do more then just shop planet to planet >< lol but main goal is getting my suit picked out lol

AND to everyone who hasnt played the game n reads this threat!! the game will be fun! keep an open mind and remember watch some of the movies in the pic n movie thread wows!

RamenEater
Sep 30, 2006, 06:40 AM
PSO lasted me 6 months, and I quit cause all my friends quit. FFXI lasted me 3 years.. I quit because well.. 3 effin years! lol If this game keeps me interested for more than a year, my life is screwed!

Zael
Sep 30, 2006, 11:09 AM
Exactly. This game's only a month old and some of you people already put massive hours into it (when we have merely a small fraction of the full game). OF COURSE THEY'RE GUNNA GET BORED.

Whining FTL

physic
Sep 30, 2006, 12:34 PM
uhh moatobb you get to offline with like chapter 4, why do you wait 1 month for it online? the issues with the network had little to do with the implementaion of zones, its not like moatoob is really new. The fact taht their are a bunch of people who were 50 is part of the prollem. i remember in psobb, after a few hours, most people were already up hard difficulty, after 2 days VH, yet VH wasnt released for like .. 2 weeks? point is yeah you can be slow with releases, but you should have a realistic expectation, you should have a month of content, if your going to release updates once a month. Basically you should give people a good starting point, where they can get a real idea of the game, as well as something to do. How fun would pso have been if they only released caves for the first month? I understand yall are fans, but really man yall have to say something is bullshitty when its bullshitty.

And yeah we can blame ps2, because otherwise they could just have released this game a year ago, and tweaked it as they went. but thats past so oh wells.

Try not to be a blind fan hoping for the best look realisticly, bitch, and maybe something may change.
That said, i think the game will be pretty cool, though one may have to take long breaks, i gots no intention of working extra hard to level for no reason

Kyuu
Sep 30, 2006, 03:10 PM
Physic, the first month was a bug quashing month which Sega didn't charge people for because they needed to focus on fixing the problems that popped up during launch. And yes, adding new content when you're trying to fix problems with the existing content would be a horrendously stupid move. People playing Moatoob offline != people playing Moatoob online.

phunk
Sep 30, 2006, 03:16 PM

I agree.

Kaply
Sep 30, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-09-30 13:10, Kyuu wrote:
adding new content when you're trying to fix problems with the existing content would be a horrendously stupid move. People playing Moatoob offline != people playing Moatoob online.

That's what would be considered a fanboy response. Sega had all the areas, missions, items, mobs, etc. implemented and created. Yet they're holding it back. You see it as if sega hasn't created and tested these elements in their current implementation so that introducing this content would be considered new. However a few of us are saying that this is content that is already there and ready to be experienced, except that sega doesn't want to release it. If I had known that this game was released online with such minimal content I would have waited half a year or one year for them to release most of the content before buying this game. But you know what, the chances are by then I'd have already forgotten about this game and moved on instead of waiting. So what sega is doing now is just butchering their own prospects of creating a long lasting game. Instead of giving players enough content to play around with, they'll restrict the content and release it slowly so that players will stick around longer and they can milk players for more monthly fees while they sit around. This kills the potential for the game because there are people out there who will not wait for content that may or may not come. This happened for me in BB. I was playing early on but since they restricted the content I gave up on the game and just passed up on it.

Also a lot of people here are only refuting about the lack of content, but this game presents a LOT of other issues that bogs down the game. One other thing that I was reminded by a friend is it's a step back in controls from BB. They took away the 10 hotkeys that was available in BB. Damn YOU CONSOLE PLAYERS! Freaking LCD! *poke* *poke* Where's my Mouse support, this game relies on like 1-2 buttons to play! Could do it all from a mouse! Ah heck, even the mac mouse could work for some people!

Kyuu
Sep 30, 2006, 03:32 PM
Wrong. They may have them created, but they are not implemented. Implementing them into the online servers can and almost certainly will create problems that need to be quashed. Blizzard creates all the content that goes into their WoW patches beforehand, but even with extensive testing, once they try to implement all that additional content into the main game servers, all hell usually breaks loose.

And yes, we are focusing on the lack of content, as I, and many others, consider that to be the main problem that may be causing a decline in interest. Sounds to me like just more nit-picking, looking for any stupid little non-issue to complain about. I mean c'mon, who in the hell needs mouse support for this game? Plus, the ten keyboard hotkeys would be completely superfluous, since the way the combat system works, you can't use any technics that aren't on your currently equipped weapon anyway, and that's all anyone ever used them for. Maybe for mates/fluids too, but I haven't heard any complaints about using recovery items during combat being a big chore.

This is a game designed around consoles and using a controller. Buh wah, can't use your keyboard/mouse, cry me a river.

If you're getting tired of playing it, fine. Not everyone finds the same things enjoyable. Maybe PSU just isn't your kind of game. It happens. I've seen a lot more opinions that PSU is an amazing game, and that most people have just stalled because a) there's not enough content currently or b) because they're waiting for the NA release before getting serious about playing the game. Plus, I'm sure pretty much everyone will be able to find way more people to party with on the NA servers than they could on the JP servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-30 13:52 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 30, 2006, 03:55 PM
That hotbar is vastly useful if adapted for use in PSU. Instead of having to scroll through multiple weapons to get to the one you want to switch to, it would have been a lot easier to just hit a key. I'm not sure how the console systems have it implemented but on the PC with weapons you can only scroll in one direction, if you pass the weapon you're looking for, you're scrolling around the whole setup again.

As for content, the stuff is basically already there to be put together for online play. They could have tested all the stuff out already because it's all there. It's not like blizzard had blood elves ready to go at launch and held those back for one or two years before putting it into the game. Even if that was the case, there still was a lot to WoW to begin with when it launched. There's like nothing in the game as it is right now.

I'm just reminded how useless it is to argue with fanboys who haven't even played the game. Anyway, just revel in your blind faith and have fun in mediocrity.

DONTOSE
Sep 30, 2006, 04:17 PM
how can you get tired of psu if you never got tired of pso come on man psu has so much more achion in it than pso will ever have i cant wait to get psu im getting the domestic vr. and im goin to enjoy it not get tired of it like you

ulyoth
Sep 30, 2006, 05:19 PM
I have to say that i too have grown tired of it, ive finished the Story mode (which was fun, while it lasted) but i simply cannot be bothered to play Online, it just feels like a grind. Granted ive only ever played with another person once, and now im stuck in between the first area and Parum, i can do the first half of Parums first mission on my own, but not the second. So im going to wait for the US release and play with my friends and hope that it will be more solo friendly later on, but now im actually having fun playing Megaman ZX (first ever Megaman game...must...get...more XD)

peenk
Sep 30, 2006, 05:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120063&forum=20&start=45&60#55

My post in this thread. To sum it all up, Rent Before you Buy if possible.
I cancelled my ebgames preorder. Glad I was able to try out JP PSU. Perhaps the problem is that its TOO much like old PSO?

Weak
Sep 30, 2006, 05:53 PM
I rent games when I don't feel like spending the money to buy them. I know that I'm going to enjoy the game, rent or otherwise. I rent games that I know I can finish in a weekend.

And hold up, why rent Phantasy Star Universe? Can you even play online that way?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-09-30 15:54 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 30, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-09-30 15:36, peenk wrote:

My post in this thread. To sum it all up, Rent Before you Buy if possible.
I cancelled my ebgames preorder. Glad I was able to try out JP PSU. Perhaps the problem is that its TOO much like old PSO?

LOL You pirated the game and aren't buying it now, that hilarious. Offline mode sucks compared to online, thats where all the fun is at

peenk
Sep 30, 2006, 06:00 PM
Not sure if you can play it online. But as far as I am concerned, extra mode is just a 'faster' online mode without all the people. While people do make the game better, it wont change that much.
I thought too I was going to get into PSU and not stop for like a year, but it appears 2 weeks was enough for me. I'm not really trying to say 'do not buy it' just that some might be better off trying it out first. I know some people might get a whole system or upgrade just for the game.
My $0.02. Please do not flame.

Weak
Sep 30, 2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think you get the point of online games.

You play them with other people. Most of them are painfully boring otherwise. PSU should be no different.

Cross
Sep 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
Extra mode is not "Online mode without the people".
It's "Story mode without the story". It also sucks.

The only big flaw that PSU has right now is the ridiculous content restrictions. I'm willing to grant Sega leeway given that September has been their open beta, though, and the October 5th update seems like it's actually adding a decent amount of content. We'll see whether they follow through on making the game continually interesting after that, or whether they mete content out so slowly that it isn't worth subscribing for more than one month twice a year or so to actually get your money's worth out of a subscription.

Saiffy
Sep 30, 2006, 06:19 PM
Extra mode is like, a demo of online. You can try some gameplay, a little bit more freedom, but yeah, nothing too special.

This game was meant to be online, it really shouldn't even have offline portions of the game.

Zael
Sep 30, 2006, 06:57 PM
ROFL You're judging PSU (oh wait, a mere fraction of the full PSU) from what you've experienced in extra mode? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

You can't even experience online mode if you rent the game. Are you retarded?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2006-09-30 17:02 ]</font>

foamcup
Sep 30, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-09-30 13:55, Kaply wrote:
I'm not sure how the console systems have it implemented but on the PC with weapons you can only scroll in one direction, if you pass the weapon you're looking for, you're scrolling around the whole setup again.

I can scroll in either direction to select my weapons. Are you talking about Phantasy Star Universe there?

Zael
Sep 30, 2006, 07:13 PM
Seriously, saying PSU is a "rent before buy" game is one of the stupidest things I've heard today.

HEY GUYS. LETS PLAY THE OFFLINE, LIMITED, NERFED VERSION OF THE REAL GAME AND SAY ITS NOT THAT GOOD!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2006-09-30 17:22 ]</font>

shinobu_seta
Sep 30, 2006, 07:14 PM
Responding to the original poster, because I haven't read all of this: I can only imagine that it would have gotten old this fast because you can't read any of the Japanese.

It was the same thing for me for Japanese Blue Burst. I played for a while but not being able to read anything or understand anyone just made everything get old really fast.

Phaze37
Sep 30, 2006, 07:15 PM
It sounds like alot of people are disapointed with the game. I just hope that I won't be. Of course, I'm actually going to play the game online though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zephyr_
Sep 30, 2006, 07:21 PM
Renting PSU is a sin and should not happen.

Losodo1976
Sep 30, 2006, 07:44 PM
Wow, this thread is really depressing, lol. I don't care if some of the importers are tired of it, I still can't wait for the NA release... shouldn't have burned yourselves out on it, now the NA release is going to be lame for ya's.

Importers, please don't post threads like this. You're killin' it for those of us waiting for our release day.

foamcup
Sep 30, 2006, 08:03 PM
On 2006-09-30 17:44, Losodo1976 wrote:
Wow, this thread is really depressing, lol. I don't care if some of the importers are tired of it, I still can't wait for the NA release... shouldn't have burned yourselves out on it, now the NA release is going to be lame for ya's.

Importers, please don't post threads like this. You're killin' it for those of us waiting for our release day.

Yeah, really. I've been playing this game for a week, and it's made me more excited. NA release needs to get here with a quickness so I can play online and go clothes shopping! Oh yeah, and kill monsters too, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 08:19 PM
YAY we can go Malling!! *hug*

Phaze37
Sep 30, 2006, 11:33 PM

I agree with this completely. I'll admit that I haven't actually played PSU yet, but the limited content doesn't worry me at all. This just means that I'll actually be able to keep up without having to devote my life to the game. I just recently started playing Blue Burst again and all the new content that I missed out on is actually kind of overwhelming.

Much like AC9Breaker, I have a life outside of videogames. Those of you who have gotten your main character to level 50 and are complaining about the lack of content, how much time have you been devoting to this game? Shit, it takes me more than a month to get to level 50 with my first character in any version of PSO. Perhaps you're just playing it too much? Maybe you just need to take a break? Don't forget that this first month is free and that it's still essentially in Beta. Like many other posters have already stated, it would be retarded to try and add new content when there are still kinks to be worked out with the current content. We'll probably see alot more content added much faster when it's past the Beta stage.

Remember, this game is not meant to be as hardcore as true MMORPGs. It's designed to be played in small amounts at a time rather than the long marathon sessions that MMORPGs expect from it's players. If you play it as much as you would an MMORPG, OF COURSE you're going to rip through the game's current content. Try to pace yourself. Most of us aren't as hardcore as you importers, and most of us split our gaming time between multiple games. In the very unlikely event that I get my character to level 50 before the cap is raised, I'll go do something else!

The game has only been out for a month, and it's still in Beta. I think it's much too soon to be complaining about the lack of new content. Give it a few months. Give Sega a chance to show us how often they plan on giving us new content and how much. THEN complain if it's still too slow. At least let the game get past the Beta stage before complaining about the lack of new content.

Ryudo
Oct 1, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-09-28 17:18, uhawww wrote:

FF7...sadly didn't have that effect on me.
Now, switch FF7 with Grandia, and hoo boy.
I must've put well over 90 hours into that thing, just scouring every inch of everything.

Edit:
And Shining the Holy Ark
And Shining Force III

You have great taste in games

also I think the people complaining about PSU, PSO was probably their first online game and they just had fun with it.
but since then they've gotten into an mmo mentality forged by years of doing TTF for exp that they dont even know HOW to have fun anymore,so they're off doing things the most effecient way, instead of just having fun

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 12:48 AM
I'm all for the slow unlock & release. Better than having a broken game because they released it all up front without a decent test run.

I'm seeing a lot of little brats in this thread who throw a hissy fit if they don't have everything handed to them at the first instance. You waited this long for PSU, what's a couple of weeks of testing & slow content release? At least the game's out now & in a months time, it could be another year.

DraginHikari
Oct 1, 2006, 01:23 AM
As for content, the stuff is basically already there to be put together for online play. They could have tested all the stuff out already because it's all there. It's not like blizzard had blood elves ready to go at launch and held those back for one or two years before putting it into the game. Even if that was the case, there still was a lot to WoW to begin with when it launched. There's like nothing in the game as it is right now.

I'm just reminded how useless it is to argue with fanboys who haven't even played the game. Anyway, just revel in your blind faith and have fun in mediocrity.

You realize putting any content like that online even if it's already on the disk is never that simple considering how much more is server side compared to the past verious of PSO. You cannot simplely throw content on a online server and expect it to run without error on a internet-based game with many computers tapping into it all at once. It's all strain on a server to perform any action.

The small amount of content right now had enough trouble with the server issues as it is. Do you really believe adding even more content in it's condition would have even been intellgence for sega to even do? It's a very bad way to run a server. In business you do not install a network then overload further it when it's already displayed obvious problems.

And as I said in previous post in this thread, that's how Online Games work other then a few expections. Very few games don't drag out material over time. WoW is no different then any of the others and I've heard of things being held for no reason there as well.

And what exactly do you get off calling people 'fanboys'anyway? I really hate that term. It's a dumb expression that I've heard far too many times on here. Not everyone cares about having every little thing availible and you really expect people. If you don't like something that fine... but telling people that:

You're ruining your whole point by simplely making yourself look like a jerk rather then someone debating.

physic
Oct 1, 2006, 02:27 AM
where do you get the idea that slow unlock has to do with bugs, they tested moatoob and missions in 2 closed betas, their whole prolblems are with server, strain and implemnting stuff properly, any bugs they find now they wll find no matter how long they wait to release stuff. The reason i bring up moatoob being available chapter 3 of th offline game is because thats like 2 days into the game, moatoob is teh equivalent of mines in how far into the game it is, if not even earlier.

BTW offline imo is very strong, but its not online, the whole system is implemented very differently, and extra mode is closer to story mode with much less benefits, but you can create your chr.

The game has the stuff in it to make it hot, but you dont want people hitting thier head on the limit of content, and sitting and waiting, maybe after they have experienced a decent amount of the game, but moatoob is low level. They have been doing their slow release for a long time and its always too slow. Luckily befor the game had enough starting content that you could do something else. But now they are starting to early.

Why was it we waited like 2 or 3 months for challenge to be released on PSOGC? why was ultimate locked for months on BB? is this really the great pacing yall act like it is? Releasing slow content is fine but you need a balance. or more content. how many missions have people been able to do for the past month? Why can some people grind thier weaps, and others cant because they cant go to moatoob? is that logical or balanced? It would make more sense to release moatoob with limited missions than to lock it off completely.

Anyhow everybody will have their own feelings, but when we are on the same gay release schedule, i think more of you will be bitching

Weak
Oct 1, 2006, 02:29 AM

Yes, of course.

The fanboys who haven't played the game that isn't available to us in North America yet.

We're much worse than the people who imported and feel dissatisfied, and make topics to persuade the fanboys not to play the game they've been waiting for forever, and can't play yet.

Zael
Oct 1, 2006, 04:29 AM
The major irony is that his statement is useless. Like Dragin said: that's not bringing up a vaild point - that's him rambling.

Kaply
Oct 1, 2006, 05:59 AM
Like I said, pointless to argue with fanboys. Why don't you guys follow your own advice, stick to addressing the problems instead of foolishly taking the flame baiting.

Zael
Oct 1, 2006, 06:07 AM
Problems? That's the problem with you people. Always looking for something wrong in everything.

No matter how good a game is, there will ALWAYS be people looking for every possible detail wrong with it.

Pessimism FTL.

physic
Oct 1, 2006, 08:04 AM
optimism is no better than pessimism, both of them are adding stuff to the equation. But realisticly, based on STs past performance, and current trends they can easily make it so your way better off getting this game in 3 months when the content is at a level that you wont use up the ne content in one week than wait 3 weeks for the next update.

If you have an idea that one should just be happy with whatever people feed you, then thats a problem, nothing gets better if you cant take a critical look at what is being presented

the_importer_
Oct 1, 2006, 11:06 AM
Wow, 11 pages and over 5000 hits, not bad for a topic that was created to state a personal opinion about a game.

It's also amazing to see how many fanboys (and I'll use the term loosely) are jumping to defend something you have yet to play. Also, if you go back and read my original topic, there was nothing truly insulting about it, just stating a personal opinion. Just goes to show you that little fanboys are able to start flame wars out of nothing.

Anyway, haven't played the game since I made this topic and I don't miss it at all. I just hope the Wii won't disappoint me as much as PSU did. So to the people who haven't sold their brains to Sonic Team already, good luck, I hope you'll enjoy the game more than I did.

See ya around

LetLoveBleed
Oct 1, 2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah,

if you've played the game since Dreamcast days (PSO) which I have, then I've found PSU to get really familiar very quickly.

If you still play and enjoy PSOBB or have'nt played the series before---- then Psu's longevity will be greater for you...

Its really is a feeling pertaining to the individual......no ones right or wrong and your not out to change anyone's opinion.

I agree with the original poster in my particular experience,

Pso with different moves and attributes but very familiar (which it had to be).

By the way Parn ... nice post...Spam for the win.

Zael
Oct 1, 2006, 05:00 PM
You won't be missed. Seeing how hard it is to satify you, I'm pretty sure you won't like the wii either.

Or life. Might as well quit it.

watashiwa
Oct 1, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-10-01 15:00, Zael wrote:
Or life. Might as well quit it.

*cheer* lol.

Zephyr_
Oct 1, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-10-01 09:06, the_importer_ wrote:
Wow, 11 pages and over 5000 hits, not bad for a topic that was created to state a personal opinion about a game.

It's also amazing to see how many fanboys (and I'll use the term loosely) are jumping to defend something you have yet to play. Also, if you go back and read my original topic, there was nothing truly insulting about it, just stating a personal opinion. Just goes to show you that little fanboys are able to start flame wars out of nothing.

Anyway, haven't played the game since I made this topic and I don't miss it at all. I just hope the Wii won't disappoint me as much as PSU did. So to the people who haven't sold their brains to Sonic Team already, good luck, I hope you'll enjoy the game more than I did.

See ya around

I have PSUJP on my desk infront of me. I also have it running on my desktop right now. I played the PSUJP PC Beta. I went through all of Story mode, and did all of extra mode (LV66 Human Female Hunter). I've pretty much played PSU alot, so I'll leave the "fanboy defending something you havent played" remark out.

Reason 1: I have played PSU. Alot at that. Reason 2: I'm more of a Sony/Square fanboy than a SEGA one, so I can't fall into your fanboy category. Even though fanboy is the wrong term. Just fan is enough. So you call people who watch alot of footbal fanboys? I think not. Unless you got a mental problem.

Anyways, yeah, it was your opinion. And sure, I respect that. And with any opinion, you;ll get criticism. What happened was this:

Step 1: You make a post about your opinion.
Step 2: Some people say that your opinion happened because of Random Scenario X.
Step 3: Other people, as well as you don't take the critisicm properly, and fighting emerges.

Now, to tell you exactly (and in terms everyone can understand) why you got so tired. It's becaus eyou overplayed it. Ever had so much of something, that you don't want anymore? Food is like that. You could be the hungriest fucker around, and eat a shit-load. Then afterwards, you want no more food!

That's what happened to you and PSU. You were so hungry for it that you imported it. Played it to death practically. And then didn't want anymore. So you're full of PSU now. Sure there isn't alot out right now. So what? The game wasnt made to be played for 12 hours everyday you get it. But like someone else in this thread said: "For casual play".

Which is why I enjoyed PSO[U]. It's not like other MMOs where there is too much to do, and not enough time. You can sit around in PSO/PSU and accomplish nothing, just chatting wwith friends. Or maybe kill a few bewmas or something. And yet, at the end of the day, you won't go "Oh shit, I need to do this D: D: D:".

So yeah, to end the rambling, you got bored because you played too much. You may not want it now, but when you're hungry for PSU again, you'll be back~

Zael
Oct 1, 2006, 05:16 PM
Completely agree with Zeph. Except for the part where he'll be back. We're better off without that kthx.

Nice analogy there: No matter how good any food is, if you eat it too much over a short period of time, you'll inevitably get tired of it.

LetLoveBleed
Oct 1, 2006, 05:42 PM
Guess most folks I've talked to think playing the same video game for a number of years at a stretch is very obsessive.

Everyones different...well done if you state your opinion and stick to it.

We're all better off without spammers and name callers on a forum.

Kaply
Oct 1, 2006, 06:21 PM
I see, so now it's the fault of the people who are saying that there's not enough to do in the game, that sega didn't release the game with enough content.

It's a nice attempt at an analogy except it's more like sega opened a restaurant with only one item on the menu that was really tasty, with the promise that they will add more items to that menu soon. How many customers do you think they would be able to keep with that kind of a promise and with such a limited starting selection.

Parn
Oct 1, 2006, 06:30 PM
That really depends on some factors Kaply, but the customers who keep coming back into the restaurant complaining over, and over, and over, and over, and over are more annoying than the limited selection. We already know there's a limited selection, so your repeat visits to remind us are really fucking tired.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 1, 2006, 07:00 PM
bahahaha psu suck da cawk *plays PSU* omg y it hurt me so bad *plays psu* I GOTTA GET TO LEVEL 50 TO EARN RESPECT FROM ALL THE SADDOES *plays PSU* OH GOD I HATE THIS GAME CRYING IN ACTUALITY RIGHT HERE

I've actually started soloing a lot cause I'm sick of Japanese people whining too.

Kaply
Oct 1, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-10-01 16:30, Parn wrote:
That really depends on some factors Kaply, but the customers who keep coming back into the restaurant complaining over, and over, and over, and over, and over are more annoying than the limited selection. We already know there's a limited selection, so your repeat visits to remind us are really fucking tired.

can't be helped, that's like the only thing people are picking up. I mentioned a lot of other issues but no one wants to talk about them.

Neith
Oct 1, 2006, 07:06 PM
Different games.

If you like PSO, you're not automatically guaranteed to like PSU. I don't know why people are still, after all this time, calling PSU a PSO sequel. It isn't, it's a new game, just as PSO was to PS.

Another point- if you never talk to anyone:
1) If you're playing the JP PSU, and don't understand Japanese, there wasn't much point wasting money on the game (unless you love throwing away your cash).
2) If you do understand Japanese, why are you playing online if you don't talk to anyone?

Seems kinda pointless. If you don't like PSU, don't play it?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

LetLoveBleed
Oct 1, 2006, 07:19 PM
On 2006-10-01 17:06, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Different games.

If you like PSO, you're not automatically guaranteed to like PSU. I don't know why people are still, after all this time, calling PSU a PSO sequel. It isn't, it's a new game, just as PSO was to PS.

Another point- if you never talk to anyone:
1) If you're playing the JP PSU, and don't understand Japanese, there wasn't much point wasting money on the game (unless you love throwing away your cash).
2) If you do understand Japanese, why are you playing online if you don't talk to anyone?

Seems kinda pointless. If you don't like PSU, don't play it?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Well if folks have bought the import I'm pretty sure their gonna play it and try and get their moneys worth.

If you don't like it sell it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

...I guess we'll see come launch, just how large the community will be and how long folks will keep playing it.

For me it feels like I'm playing PSO with updates.

and I sold my copy after a week.

Each to their own

Haruka-sama
Oct 1, 2006, 07:40 PM
I quit after DC v2 so PSU is going to have an overwhelming amount of stuff to do compared to the first game for me. Updates are like an extra perk to me =D I'm happy enough just getting more lobby animations and a battle system beyond pressing a button three times in a row heheh!

I don't think I'll run out of things to do before they release more, but then again I kind of take things slowly and don't bother about getting everything in a game that is get-able. In PSO I only kept playing because of the people I played with, but PSU will have great people AND more stuff to do so I'm beyond thrilled ^_^

Edit: I am, perhaps, just more easily entertained than others though lol =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haruka-sama on 2006-10-01 17:54 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Oct 1, 2006, 10:40 PM
PSO is still PSU in all ways that you see it, the only things that i see thar are missing are rare weapons, mags and a different storyline, whats new to PSU? Classes, Clothes, Storyline, Weird weapons, PA's, areas and suchs.

Zael
Oct 2, 2006, 01:59 AM
On 2006-10-01 16:21, Kaply wrote:
I see, so now it's the fault of the people who are saying that there's not enough to do in the game, that sega didn't release the game with enough content.

It's a nice attempt at an analogy except it's more like sega opened a restaurant with only one item on the menu that was really tasty, with the promise that they will add more items to that menu soon. How many customers do you think they would be able to keep with that kind of a promise and with such a limited starting selection.

One item is seriously exagerrating it. And if you really hate the lack of content right now (because like i said: some people are impossible to satisfy), don't play PSU and come back later when they release more stuff. THEN make a judgment on the game upon that.

Seriously, judging this game over what we have now is really retarded.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 04:00 AM
On 2006-10-01 20:40, HiKeRI wrote:
PSO is still PSU in all ways that you see it, the only things that i see thar are missing are rare weapons, mags and a different storyline, whats new to PSU? Classes, Clothes, Storyline, Weird weapons, PA's, areas and suchs.

And that's not enough for you?
Rare weapons are still there, mags are now PMs, and the storyline in my opinion is pretty good.

February
Oct 2, 2006, 07:17 AM

I was wondering if the mystery being gone might hurt my PSU experience. That one of the best parts of PSO... especially playing it in the first week of it's (US) Release. So little was known. Discovering rares and such. (My mind almost exploded when I got a Twin Brand!)

physic
Oct 2, 2006, 07:31 AM
i find it interesting how people go to a forum and what people to shut up, simply talking about a game is what a forum is about. People who may buy the game may want to know how long it appeals and why it doesnt last or does last, thats the point of this thread, to discuss if you think the game has lasting appeal, and why it does or doesnt. of course people will have dif opinions and discussions, thats why a forum exists.

I think its important to decide whether one hates because of the limited selection, or because of the game itself, limited selection has the potential to be changed, based on what type of feedback st gets. so if you want more food, you should say you want more food. if you think it great and like to eat once a week there thats fine, point is to discuss it so people can get real ops.

Personally it sounds like they are limiting too much too me, but whatever, if the games limited i will have more time not to play and if i lose interest, ehh not so bad. But playing the offline version i can say, the potential exists for a really good game experience, varied playing style etc, but they can also make it as boring as extra mode. Its up to what they release, how they release it, and when they release it. As well as what new and exciting ways the introduce it. People still ply ff wow guildwars, oblivion even with its mods, it is possible to add new interesting things with the same building blocks, its really up to them now.

Zael
Oct 2, 2006, 07:51 AM
On 2006-10-02 05:17, heavenly6 wrote:

I was wondering if the mystery being gone might hurt my PSU experience. That one of the best parts of PSO... especially playing it in the first week of it's (US) Release. So little was known. Discovering rares and such. (My mind almost exploded when I got a Twin Brand!)

And you don't think there are any similar suprises in PSU? It's only been out for around a month >_>

SephYuyX
Oct 2, 2006, 08:01 AM
Why is everyone expecting a new online game to have everything?

It amazes me to see so many people complaining about a game that was just released, where it takes a normal MMORPG a year to finally settle in with a good amount of content.

What did you expect? A lvl 200 cap with every weapon in the game unlocked as well as a completed story and tons of quests? lol, that wouldnt be very smart on SEGAs behalf. Every MMO company uses the same tactic; come out with the base, and add on bit by bit. Not only does it increase SEGAs revenues, it also adds longevity to the player base.

If this game came out with everything finalized, people would play the game non stop, and then quit cuse they beat the game. 10 year old MMOs are still played today because they release new conent, and people like the game.

Its also funny when people post thier opinions about a game, wanting to 'warn' others. Opinions are fine, but I bet anyone who has read this thread is only wanting to play this game more, rather then not play it because someone had a bad time. Well damn, who expected that, not everyone likes this game? Never saw that one comming. SEGA sucks when it comes to PSO/U, but we still play it, because its fun.

When you stop finding a game fun, guess what you should do? Yes, you should stop playing it, because its just a game. However, with 95% of the world, when a person stops playing a game, they dont run to a forum and complain and try to draw attention to theirself.

PSO sucks compaired to most MMOs, and its not that great compaired to others, but I play it, because it's different and fun. You dont see me making threads about my opinions, I could go on and on about each flaw in PSO and any other game, but it doesnt really matter, because it's my opinion, and anyone who can be swayed by anothers opinion, is a fool. "Mommy, this one kid, on the internets forumz said that I should rape, pillage a burn everyone on our street, I think ill go do that"

Chances are, youll be buying the NA version, and you will be playing with everyone else; feel free to prove me wrong though. Ive seen so many people quit MMOs and the second a new release / update comes out, they come back, and regret ever leaving.

But hey, this is just my opinion.

Its sad that people show their age so easily, how do such young kids get their parents to convince them to import a game and have them pay a monthly fee? I wish a was spoiled. lol at calling people fanboys too, well to tell you the truth, most of us are boys and we are fans, so dunno how thats an insult.

Oh well, OP, Kaply and anyone else, I hope youve learned your lesson, nothing good comes posting your opinion on something no one wants to hear, its like trying to convince people living in heaven, to come down to hell. If the game is as bad as some say, guess what, we'll find out ourselves.

By the way, feel free to prove us all wrong and stop playing PSU and never posting on these boards again... but, oh wait, you wont.

lolspelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-10-02 06:08 ]</font>

Zael
Oct 2, 2006, 08:08 AM
Amen to that.

jungleking45
Oct 2, 2006, 08:11 AM
I think its cause you can't understand it, so you can't make story theories for sequels/exapnsion disks. Can't communicate, and you've played it so much you've gotten bored. It happens, you've gotta be a little patient and savor the flavor of a game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LetLoveBleed
Oct 2, 2006, 08:50 AM
On 2006-10-02 06:01, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Why is everyone expecting a new online game to have everything?

It amazes me to see so many people complaining about a game that was just released, where it takes a normal MMORPG a year to finally settle in with a good amount of content.

What did you expect? A lvl 200 cap with every weapon in the game unlocked as well as a completed story and tons of quests? lol, that wouldnt be very smart on SEGAs behalf. Every MMO company uses the same tactic; come out with the base, and add on bit by bit. Not only does it increase SEGAs revenues, it also adds longevity to the player base.

If this game came out with everything finalized, people would play the game non stop, and then quit cuse they beat the game. 10 year old MMOs are still played today because they release new conent, and people like the game.

Its also funny when people post thier opinions about a game, wanting to 'warn' others. Opinions are fine, but I bet anyone who has read this thread is only wanting to play this game more, rather then not play it because someone had a bad time. Well damn, who expected that, not everyone likes this game? Never saw that one comming. SEGA sucks when it comes to PSO/U, but we still play it, because its fun.

When you stop finding a game fun, guess what you should do? Yes, you should stop playing it, because its just a game. However, with 95% of the world, when a person stops playing a game, they dont run to a forum and complain and try to draw attention to theirself.

PSO sucks compaired to most MMOs, and its not that great compaired to others, but I play it, because it's different and fun. You dont see me making threads about my opinions, I could go on and on about each flaw in PSO and any other game, but it doesnt really matter, because it's my opinion, and anyone who can be swayed by anothers opinion, is a fool. "Mommy, this one kid, on the internets forumz said that I should rape, pillage a burn everyone on our street, I think ill go do that"

Chances are, youll be buying the NA version, and you will be playing with everyone else; feel free to prove me wrong though. Ive seen so many people quit MMOs and the second a new release / update comes out, they come back, and regret ever leaving.

But hey, this is just my opinion.

Its sad that people show their age so easily, how do such young kids get their parents to convince them to import a game and have them pay a monthly fee? I wish a was spoiled. lol at calling people fanboys too, well to tell you the truth, most of us are boys and we are fans, so dunno how thats an insult.

Oh well, OP, Kaply and anyone else, I hope youve learned your lesson, nothing good comes posting your opinion on something no one wants to hear, its like trying to convince people living in heaven, to come down to hell. If the game is as bad as some say, guess what, we'll find out ourselves.

By the way, feel free to prove us all wrong and stop playing PSU and never posting on these boards again... but, oh wait, you wont.

lolspelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-10-02 06:08 ]</font>

I'm happy for you, but the topic was asking if anyone else found the game tiresome?

Its obvious you're not.

The game is just very similar, verging on the identical, to PSO... that is a personal opinion

and having played PSO for many years, Psu is just not unique or original enough...for me to play it long term.

Many people feel the same as me (including a number of Japanese players who I played with on Jp PSOBB).....

and many will feel the games the best thing out.
Its not an argument, no one can make you like or dislike a game....

You either do or don't end of story.

Neith
Oct 2, 2006, 09:10 AM
On 2006-10-01 20:40, HiKeRI wrote:

But it's NOT PSO. It's a different game, taking some of the ideas from PSO.

From your description, Classes, Clothes, Storyline, Weird weapons, PA's, areas are all different in PSU. That doesn't leave much to be like PSO.

I don't know why people bother playing a game if you don't enjoy it. There are other things to do instead *gasp* , so I don't see why there's such a fuss over a game. It happens with every game that has a fore-runner to it. You always get people who automatically assume the new game will be the same, with more added.

Phantasy Star Online has resemblences to Phantasy Star, but is not the same game. Phantasy Star Universe has resemblences to Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star, but is also not the same game. The quicker people learn that, the quicker they'll stop comparing it to the older games.

Try playing PSU without comparing to PSO/PS/other games. If you still don't like it, don't play.

EDIT: Oh, and for the love of god, STOP comparing PSO to things like FFXI, WoW and every other MMO on the market. PSO never was, and never will be an MMO, it was designed for the console, for a medium sized playerbase- nothing like the legions of people who play WoW. How you can compare a point-and-click MMO to something like PSO is beyond me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-10-02 07:14 ]</font>

Kaply
Oct 2, 2006, 09:15 AM
You are saying you never make choices based upon recommendations? That's 100% impossible. When's the last time you saw a movie, you can't tell me you went to a movie theater and randomly picked whatever movie was available right? As for people wanting to hear my or other's disenting opinion, that's just YOUR opinion. I'm sure some people have come into this thread to read about why people are complaining to see if they still want to get the game now or wait. I do that a lot of times on game forums. If I want to do some research about a game, I go to a forum and look up the complaints posts because you know what? I can make my own decisions based upon those complaints as to whether or not they would bother me while playing the game.

You also want to know why it's good to complain? Because then people can get the message across to sega to make some changes to how they do things. If no one complains about their game then they don't know what's wrong and they'll never make any changes. Granted some companies never bother to listen anyway, but that's another story.

Zephyr_
Oct 2, 2006, 11:01 AM
I'm sure SoJ comes to the hell-hole named PSOW, and looks for complaints.

For a guy named Sephiroth, he knows what he is saying.

SephYuyX
Oct 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
I need a damn state of the union address to get the point across that this name doesnt come from that horrible game >.>

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-10-02 09:57, SephirothYuyX wrote:
I need a damn state of the union address to get the point across that this name doesnt come from that horrible game >.>

Who you telling. For the last time...its NOT avenged F***ing sevenfold!!! Its seven...fold. GG.

Feelmirath
Oct 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
On 2006-10-02 10:19, Sevenfold wrote:
Who you telling. For the last time...its NOT avenged F***ing sevenfold!!! Its seven...fold. GG.

Shouldn't be ashamed of that, Avenged Sevenfold is a good band XD

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 12:28 PM
Eh...I liked their first CD, the second one...made me cry O_o

Zephyr_
Oct 2, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'm so sorry ;_;.

I'll help you get that State of Union address then ;o.

Zael
Oct 2, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-10-02 07:15, Kaply wrote:
You are saying you never make choices based upon recommendations? That's 100% impossible. When's the last time you saw a movie, you can't tell me you went to a movie theater and randomly picked whatever movie was available right? As for people wanting to hear my or other's disenting opinion, that's just YOUR opinion. I'm sure some people have come into this thread to read about why people are complaining to see if they still want to get the game now or wait. I do that a lot of times on game forums. If I want to do some research about a game, I go to a forum and look up the complaints posts because you know what? I can make my own decisions based upon those complaints as to whether or not they would bother me while playing the game.

You also want to know why it's good to complain? Because then people can get the message across to sega to make some changes to how they do things. If no one complains about their game then they don't know what's wrong and they'll never make any changes. Granted some companies never bother to listen anyway, but that's another story.

Yes. Now go watch 5 minutes of a movie and write a critic's report on it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Zarbolord
Oct 2, 2006, 02:16 PM
Hmph...

physic
Oct 2, 2006, 09:48 PM
Why is it that a person who lost interest is insane, or foolish, why is it that some one saying they should have more content is a carzy hater. I dont think id lose interest as fast, but that doesnt make their opinion useless. As for content limitations, many got probs with that, as for the ST never listening, i dunno they listen to somebody, many of the things implemented in PSU are similar to things people have said. Maybe they will never hear you, but if you close your mouth and accept everything they give you they will definately never hear you, or change their strategy.

Does anyone really think having more content at the start is bad? Do you think that being able to go to moatoob in before 30 days is crazy? Anyhow whatever, people do as you feel, im gonna try to enjoy the game regardless, i may end up shooting the breeze in the lobby waiting for some damn updates, but ehh whatever its only 9 bucks (probably) a month, i just hope the game doesnt waste its potential

RuinedReBirth
Oct 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
I have a few things to say

First off: I hate Avenged Sevenfold - I hate the vocals...Most annoying EVER. It's like I'm listening to a 6th grader piss & moan through an entire song.

Second: If you don't like the game; don't play it, don't commute about it. Plain and simple.

Third: Life sucks, wear a helmet.

DoubleJG
Oct 2, 2006, 11:12 PM
If you don't want to get tired of the game due to it's "limited" content at the moment, go back on in a year. By then, nearly everything will be unlocked for sure and then some.

Ruined, your comment made me laugh lol.

Jarel
Oct 2, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-10-02 21:04, RuinedReBirth wrote:

Second: If you don't like the game; don't play it, don't commute about it. Plain and simple.

uh....no. I believe everyone has a right to their oppinion. I may not a agree with what they say but they have the right to say it.

Third: Life sucks, wear a helmet.

Already ahead of ya!

Playing PSO since DC JP Beta; I hate this game.

However....One question. Why do you keep playing?
If you don't like the game , do yourself a favor and walk away. Just stop the pain.
Surely there is something out there you'll like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarel on 2006-10-02 21:26 ]</font>

RamenEater
Oct 3, 2006, 12:24 AM
I'm tired of waiting for this game to come out.. I WANT IT NOW!

February
Oct 3, 2006, 02:10 AM
On 2006-10-02 05:51, Zael wrote:

On 2006-10-02 05:17, heavenly6 wrote:

And you don't think there are any similar suprises in PSU? It's only been out for around a month >_>

I never said that. I said I was more wondering if that was going to be the case once I get the game. I'm not one on the bash PSU bandwagon, I'm very excited about it. I haven't wanted a game this bad since Metroid Prime was announced! (long time Metroid junky... yeah just ignore me)

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah people can say their opinions, but they better expect retaliation if its a stupid one.

phunk
Oct 3, 2006, 02:32 AM
Here, this'll let everyone remember why they fell in love with PSO in the first place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEnJCgTZds

Just prepare to hear "internet" a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-10-03 00:33 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 3, 2006, 02:52 AM
this thread kinda worries me because i am in fact a hardcore gamer. the first day i got episode 1-2 i made a ramarl then did a straight forest-ruins run,then jumped into temple. i suppose if i get bored with the limited content i can still play ffxi. i guess in that respect its good since i wasnt planning to quit ffxi since once your 75 you can just log on a few times a week for sky and sea and get stuff done.

Sev
Oct 3, 2006, 03:53 AM
My God... If I post what I want it'll be a damn book. So I'm trying to shorten it down...

I don't really take to well to opinions, because I have a hard time listening to other people and I tend to tune out things that are of no interest/annoy me in the first place. I can't say it's a good habit, but it sure as hell makes life alot less stressful when you don't worry about other peoples thoughts and opinions... After all, that's them, and you are yourself. The best way to know if something is good or bad, for you or not for you, is to test it for yourself. If you have the game, and don't enjoy it, then that's just how it is for you... But before getting upset that you're getting negative feedback from others run this through your head.

They've been waiting for the very game you're complaining about. And even with your complaints, they'll continue to wait...

Since they've been waiting for this game, the last thing they want is to hear someone complain about it who's lucky enough to be able to play.

Alot of people will always go back to the fact that you're importing if you're not enjoying the experience... This of course, can only be said if you don't really understand the language and the dialogue. There are things you can get the gist of even if you don't understand, but the gist isn't the whole idea.

We've all known from the start that this game would be updated over time... So you kinda miss out on the complete game experience. This isn't your fault though, it's just how things are for now. However, it's worth mentioning that the game ISN'T complete.

Also, as long as your compare PSU to PSO you'll have a bit of a problem to begin with. That's the same with people that compared PSO to other games of the PS series. PSU's story, is that of it's own... That's just how it is. It's features however, some were taken from PSO, some from the PS series, but they are PSU's features and not those of another game. In this day and age, it's hard to find anything that's going to be "Unique" and it's not what I'm looking for. It's not to say that I don't care, but if it's fun... What the hell does it matter? It's not so easy to break down standards, trends and it's especially hard to escape from being compared. Not all games will do it, but PSU for what it is, is alot more different from PSO then you'd think...

Comparing the release of PSU's content to that of PSO:BB is a bit off base. Seeing as it's only been at month, and at that... A month filled with various problems that were being dealt with. The content is coming now, and I hope that the NA release gets this update a bit earlier then the JP servers did if we don't experience problems. However, if there are problems, I'd rather have those fixed first so I can enjoy the content to it's fullest.

That's really all I have to say... You can call me what you want... Fanboy or whatever, it's not like it'll hurt my feelings.

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 04:52 AM
Noes, please post a book. It might be just what some of these people need to read. You basically took the words outta my mouth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LetLoveBleed
Oct 3, 2006, 07:16 AM
Please don't post a book ... FFs

You know when you buy a game...you don't have to like it

and if theres a topic named 'anyone else getting tired of Psu' and you are, then you post you are.

The original poster was obviously wanting to know if others were experiencing the same feelings...

so in order to make this topic more simple;

If you really like the game and its not tiresome in the slightest just say so

....and if you are finding it a bit of a letdown, well speak up as well.

For the love of god stop trying to change people's opinion with ranting and raving as to why they should like the game.

The game is a bit of a letdown for me.-, and its the gameplay (not language[played Jpbb for 2yr])

If there's few people posting negative things about the game and the majority like it ,then all well and good, excellent, and you have honest feedback on the import.

Just post if you like it or not and that will give a general idea of the impact the game is having.

nuff said.

SephYuyX
Oct 3, 2006, 08:25 AM
Playing PSO since DC JP Beta; I hate this game.
However....One question. Why do you keep playing?

I dont play, PSO is really a bad game when compaired to others, however Ive played every PSO edition there is because of that.

Its not like any other game, and thats why it is good, its a 'MMO' but its not, you can pick it up anytime you want and have fun with it. When PSO first came out I played for almost a year, then stoped because of all those wonderful bsods, fsods, corrupted data w/w. Then when it came out again I played for a few months then stoped, because it was nothing new, and same with the others. BB I only played for a month.

I play hardcore, and then I get burnt out. I plan to play PSU for awhile atleast.

Its a game you hate to love, or love to hate, depending which way you look at it.

On 2006-10-03 00:32, phunk wrote:
Here, this'll let everyone remember why they fell in love with PSO in the first place:

Ahh memories..

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 09:08 AM
On 2006-10-03 05:16, LetLoveBleed wrote:
For the love of god stop trying to change people's opinion with ranting and raving as to why they should like the game.
HEY CAPTAIN THE IRONY METER IS OFF THE FUCKING CHARTS!

Kaply
Oct 3, 2006, 09:30 AM
There's no story in PSU online mode.

I'm pretty sure every online game has been updated at one time or another. There's just not enough to PSU online that was released. One of the draws for PSO was hunting for rare weapons. No rare weapons available online right now. I had more fun hunting rares in the first PSO on the DC. I think cap was at 100 then, but at least there was the possibility of hunting rares and having unique looking weapons.

In terms of gameplay, I mentioned this earlier but I don't think anyone paid attention to it. It's just spamming your PAs over and over. True for FO, true for RA (like they have a choice), true for HU (if they want to get through the missions faster). I don't believe there's any accuracy bonus if you start the PA after regular attacks.

Also being lucky enough to play? You can work two days at McDonalds at minimum wage and have enough to import the game.

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 09:37 AM
Not everyone here has the time or is old enough for a job, let alone their own bank accounts.

LetLoveBleed
Oct 3, 2006, 09:39 AM
On 2006-10-03 07:08, Zael wrote:

Yeah and the way your going your heading for 9000 useless posts on these boards too.

You can always plead insanity, seeing you even made a joke topic claiming you were the first level 50 on Jp PSU.

Stop being a parrot and try and stay on topic for once.

I usually do (except on this post)

Har Har.

Axel3792
Oct 3, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-10-03 07:37, Zael wrote:
Not everyone here has the time or is old enough for a job, let alone their own bank accounts.

If you are old enough to play on the internet by yourself, you should at least have a savings account so you can put your mowing/allowance/babysitting/chore/youthful-money-making-endeavors into the bank.

When I was a kid 50$ for something was only a few lawns, and for PSO (when I was unemployed, >.<) it was *gasp* a few more lawns. Heck, one lawn could provide you with enough money to pay for about 3 months, depending on how much you make. Not to mention multiple yards + every week or so.

Just a few ideas, rants, and roflz

Axel3792
Oct 3, 2006, 09:45 AM
Jeez I just realized how off topic my last post was... anyway, to stay on-topic:

I hope PSU doesn't suck stateside.

There. My two cents.

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-10-03 07:39, LetLoveBleed wrote:

Yeah and the way your going your heading for 9000 useless posts on these boards too.

You can always plead insanity, seeing you even made a joke topic claiming you were the first level 50 on Jp PSU.

Har Har.

Haha, looks like someone's mad he can't win an arguement so he's gunna resort to bringing up something that has nothing to do with this topic, like insulting my postcount on another forum. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Want a tissue, loser? Looks like you really need one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

(And btw, I was on topic. Your statement up there has so much irony in it, its disgusting. Looks like you went off-topic before i did, loser. Every post I made on this topic was a reply to another post on here. Once again, you fail. Why am I not surprised? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2006-10-03 08:29 ]</font>

physic
Oct 3, 2006, 11:03 AM
the reasoning that some people are lucky enough to play, and you dont want their opinions ruining your experience, that is essentially the illogical fan response. Basically you are saying people havent played the game should bash people who have because they are stating thier opinion based on actuall evidence vs thier own opinions based on hype, dreams, and hope.

This is a forum its meant for a free exchange of ideas and discussion. If you dont care about what anyone else thinks, you should probably not read and respond in a forum.

If you think others opinions are wrong, then say so, but attacking the person is just childish. fact is if one person said it, chances are a bunch more felt it.

Hearing online has no story kind of sucks, even if its a fake reason, having any reason at all for why you are in a game is something i like to see. Hopefully the quests start to add some type of story element even if its laughable, sometimes laughable stories make for good fun.

as far as special new rares, they can make some and probably have a few already hidden. Problem is we re still in the low level phase, think, in pso if ya only have like normal unlocked you have no real rares to get, i hope they unlock content to a decent level sooner rather than later, Also i hope to see sometype of challenge mode, otherwise you can always outlevel or out money a level. All the comuter ai and balance doesnt mean jack when your 10 levels higher with full stock of items for recharging.

love and peace. PEACE

FrogKicker
Oct 3, 2006, 11:10 AM
Wow....get a grip people. After the content starts being released on a regular basis I am sure the complaints about this will slow to a trickle. But...by then I am sure all the babies who lurk here will find something else to complain about.

Yes, it would be wonderful to have an assload of content to mess with when it launches, but ST feels different. Deal with it.

*sits on a fence*

Kaply
Oct 3, 2006, 11:13 AM
Zael, your posts are annoying because they're mostly one liners or insults. You play one liners against someone's entire post in an attempt to distract from whatever else they had posted. It's not just you a lot of the other posters are doing this as well, which is why most of the topic is just about content right now.

While I do agree that the one line statement does contain a hint of irony, but the message is still there, let people voice their opinion without getting bashed by others who claim that only their opinion is correct because this is what's going on in this thread right now. One person posts an opinion and someone posts their own opnion (mind you these people haven't even played the game yet) and claim that the first person's opinion is invalid and/or they go on to attack the OP.

physic
Oct 3, 2006, 11:16 AM
yeah st feels different doesnt mean they what they feel is the best for the game. ST isnt the golden company of rightdoing, most of us are hoping this time they wont dissapoint as much

Scirrocco
Oct 3, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-10-03 00:32, phunk wrote:

Just prepare to hear "internet" a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-10-03 00:33 ]</font>

Wow 6 billion gaming community!!! How on Earth did Sega's servers manage to hold that many people! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Looking back, though i see some false advertising. i remember no intricate puzzles, let alone numerous. And what this about lasting an eternity? didnt sega take the DC servers down a while back?

Still, good times. I pulled my old PSO (and DC) out to play a bit to get ready for PSU.

FrogKicker
Oct 3, 2006, 11:33 AM
I seriously doubt ST releasing content slowly will be their un-doing. I am not saying you should not be mad about it...by all means get mad. I am just more laid back when it comes to content releases. Been through it with UO, FFXI, WoW..ect. You just get used to it after a while.

Ahhhh UO now there is a game that did PK right...well, until the babies found their way into it.

Sevenfold
Oct 3, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-10-03 09:33, tr8ergirl wrote:
I seriously doubt ST releasing content slowly will be their un-doing. I am not saying you should not be mad about it...by all means get mad. I am just more laid back when it comes to content releases. Been through it with UO, FFXI, WoW..ect. You just get used to it after a while.

Ahhhh UO now there is a game that did PK right...well, until the babies found their way into it.

Pfff...let people argue I say, gives me something to check on every day till the game releases. Quite entertaining.

LetLoveBleed
Oct 3, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-10-03 08:22, Zael wrote:

Har Har.

Haha, looks like someone's mad he can't win an arguement so he's gunna resort to bringing up something that has nothing to do with this topic, like insulting my postcount on another forum. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Want a tissue, loser? Looks like you really need one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

(And btw, I was on topic. Your statement up there has so much irony in it, its disgusting. Looks like you went off-topic before i did, loser. Every post I made on this topic was a reply to another post on here. Once again, you fail. Why am I not surprised? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif)

That the point, it isn't an argument, its each persons feeling about the game.

You just flame bait, troll,lie or parrot your way to posts like these....

agggghhh 9000+ lol

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72441

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72081

So jealous of Vic_CNC you had to kid on you were the first to a pitiful max level.

Oh mommy I called someone a bad word on a message board....

har har

Ps me little muchkin, you sure are a tough cookie the way you get angry on a chat forum.

+slaps and ignores lil' phail

Weak
Oct 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
People can have opinions on PSU when everyone can play it. The fact stands that this topic was made on the assumption that everyone here imported.

At this point, saying you hate it to the people who can't play it is just as bad as complaining about a game that has yet to be released anywhere. I'm not even sure why this topic continues. It was never valid in the first place.

And I'm sorry, but the McDonald's bit made me smile. Money isn't the problem. We're waiting for a version of the game in the English language.

FrogKicker
Oct 3, 2006, 12:30 PM
This thread is here to entertain me, and many others who get their jollies off on watching people fight over silly shtuffs.

SephYuyX
Oct 3, 2006, 12:42 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/-Flux-/sig.jpg

Sevenfold
Oct 3, 2006, 12:55 PM
Buwhahaha!

FrogKicker
Oct 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
*looks at post count*

but...but...does that mean....*cries*

Rivercrab
Oct 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
I skipped reading a lot of this, because it's mostly fighting and off-topic, but regarding the original post: yes, I'm not sure what it is either, but something just doesn't click for me like it did with PSO. I think PSU is improved in every way technically, and the locked content doesn't bother me. To me, it just feels hollow...or maybe soul-less is a better term? I'm still going to play it, at least for a while, but I don't feel the same drive to plow through the game like I did with PSO. It's strange really, cuz I want to love it, and it does fix everything that bugged me in PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

This of course is just my opinion of the game, and I don't want anyone to not get the game from reading all these posts, because you could end up liking it a lot. I think it's good to address problems as they arise instead of dismissing everything and saying the game is perfect. When it comes out here, let SEGA know what you like and dislike and guide them along to building the game towards perfection. No MMO starts perfect, so don't be afraid to voice dislikes, it'll keep the game going strong longer!

I did want to address one thing though...

People can have opinions on PSU when everyone can play it. The fact stands that this topic was made on the assumption that everyone here imported.

This statement is 100% wrong. Read the topic title, it asks if anyone else is bored with PSU. You'd have to play PSU to be bored with it, therefore it's addressing everyone who has played it, not everyone who hasn't. This forum isn't exclusive to people who haven't played PSU...saying you can't have an opinion until everyone else has one is just dumb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rivercrab on 2006-10-03 11:07 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Oct 3, 2006, 01:05 PM
Haha! I can't believe I just read 220 posts of practically the same thing! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways... I can't say that I disagree with the OP voicing their feelings on the game. Honestly. If you didn't want to read their opinion then why did you click on the topic, much less post in it? I'm not saying that one's opinion is superior over another, I'm just saying that the OP has every right to post their feelings and the same goes for everyone else who feels the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm really looking forward to the NA release of the game. Regardless of the OP's opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kaply
Oct 3, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-10-03 10:56, tr8ergirl wrote:
*looks at post count*

*stares at post count AND registration date*

O.o

FrogKicker
Oct 3, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-10-03 11:05, Kaply wrote:

On 2006-10-03 10:56, tr8ergirl wrote:
*looks at post count*

*stares at post count AND registration date*

O.o

Heh...well, you see...ok I got nothing. *shrugs*

Mwabwetumba
Oct 3, 2006, 01:29 PM
This is horrible!

What is this ``soul-less`` and ``hollow`` feelings I keep hearing about!?
I loved PSO, but saddly I joined in on PSO´s final run.. last summer, actually, so I was never part of the online community.. and here comes PSU, looking like its better than PSO in everyway, and to top it off, Im on it from the start!

Soul-less!? By the heavens, NO!! I just pray that I will love it.. I just cant see how to NOT love it, it seems so nice and lovely..

(Normally I dont give a damn about other peoples opinions, especially those regarding games.. but I have longed for PSU for more than a year..I would be heart-broken if I am to not like it!)

My friend had this theory that PSU was a manager-game, where your character ran by itself through the stage, and you just changed the view of the camera, replacing gear and revising strategies when not on a mission..that is the only possible way to ruin PSU for me, as I see it now..

Yeaaaargh!

Yoshisblue
Oct 3, 2006, 01:52 PM
I'm from ragol.co.uk but I regularly use this site. I wanted to post my opinion on this matter!!!

Her point about the soul is interesting, but more specifically, PSU is lacking in personality! It needs mad antics like PSO had. Where is the cake??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cake.gif

I don't like how people in the lobby appear as generic drones until you get close to them, where they 'pop' into their appearence. Hardware we damned, FFXI could display a bunch of people...sorta!

I want sega to bring the http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif from PSO into PSU!!! When it comes out in the UK I will email them lots to add more zany antics and the color and fun of PSO to the world, nay the UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natrokos
Oct 3, 2006, 01:54 PM
^ FFXI could display a bunch of people that were bots, afk, or telewhores....And I hate Icing covered cookies.

Yoshisblue
Oct 3, 2006, 01:56 PM
But there is no combat in the lobby of PSU! They could do it! I would rather have a shorter draw distance than "The Game of Life" persons! I'm sorry you don't like cookies, how about cheese??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cheese.gif

Zalana
Oct 3, 2006, 02:02 PM
Your pretty much just, burnt out at the moment eh...

Inspektahdek
Oct 3, 2006, 02:08 PM
PSU is like PSO in the aspect that it takes time to get hooked into it. Even on the Dreamcast PSO, it took me a few days to really get "into" it. And this was with online content which is what I'm lacking now and I still think it's going to be amazing. Quit crying and wait for your local copy, shit

zofia
Oct 3, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-10-03 11:29, Mwabwetumba wrote:
This is horrible!

What is this ``soul-less`` and ``hollow`` feelings I keep hearing about!?
I loved PSO, but saddly I joined in on PSO´s final run.. last summer, actually, so I was never part of the online community.. and here comes PSU, looking like its better than PSO in everyway, and to top it off, Im on it from the start!

Soul-less!? By the heavens, NO!! I just pray that I will love it.. I just cant see how to NOT love it, it seems so nice and lovely..

(Normally I dont give a damn about other peoples opinions, especially those regarding games.. but I have longed for PSU for more than a year..I would be heart-broken if I am to not like it!)

My friend had this theory that PSU was a manager-game, where your character ran by itself through the stage, and you just changed the view of the camera, replacing gear and revising strategies when not on a mission..that is the only possible way to ruin PSU for me, as I see it now..

Yeaaaargh!

Don't let jaded importers taint your enthusiasm!

I'm not saying they're not allowed to have their own opinion. And I'm not saying they don't have good reasons for their opinions.

However, unless you are a FLUENT reader of Japanese, playing a JP rpg import with no EN feature (like the FFXI import or, here, PSU import) is reducing the game to pure stats and action.

I realize PSO was not a story tour de force, but it still had a cool story and fun quests. I personally enjoyed reading Rico's message pods and doing quests with Elenor Camuel and KIREEK and the other npc's. If PSO had none of that, if PSO was pure combat/stats with zero story (which is what you get when you play a game you can't understand), then PSO would have felt soulless and empty to me, too! Heck, even item names and monster names are interesting in PSO. If all they were was kanji/hiragana/katakana symbols (which I can't read), they would seem meaningless and empty to me, too.

Personally, I have a feeling that PSU (in English) will be all that and a bag of chips.

But then again, I'm pretty optimistic about these things. =p

Inspektahdek
Oct 3, 2006, 02:10 PM
Registration date shouldn't matter, I joined PSOW in 2003 and changed my alias over the years. Lets stop being judgemental people

Kaply
Oct 3, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-10-03 12:10, Inspektahdek wrote:
Registration date shouldn't matter, I joined PSOW in 2003 and changed my alias over the years. Lets stop being judgemental people

I was looking at tr8ergirl's info, not my own.

Sev
Oct 3, 2006, 03:54 PM
Apparently... I'm trying to change peoples opinions without knowing again. My bad.

Where in there... Do you see the words "I" or "Me" when I'm talking about reasons people would get upset over negative feedback? Personally, I don't care... And if you read the post you'd probably know that... No matter what people have to say about this game, I'll confirm for myself whether or not it appeals to me. If it doesn't... I probably won't come onto a fan board and post about it but hey, that's just me. It may be illogical... But last time I checked, alot of this wasn't logical to start with. Even without playing the game, from the info received there's certain things that people would already know, it's not like it'd be the first time someone had an opinion on something they've never done anyway. I also said... "If you have the game, and don't enjoy it, then that's just how it is for you..." I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike the game, because what you like and don't like is up to you. A question was asked, and answers were given. I already answered the question earlier in this topic, and my response was no. I've played the game, and all I want now is the game in English.

All of this is illogical to begin with. Even if I don't care what someone else thinks, I can still comment on it. Isn't that also part of this whole thing that is called a forum? And just because I don't care, doesn't mean that I'm going to completely discard everything they said and act like it doesn't exist. I'm just a strange guy, just because I don't care about something, doesn't mean that I won't involve myself with it. As long as it's not of any trouble to me, I don't really care. This is one of those things, and honestly I just thought that maybe people should think about both side of the argument. If you can't understand where the OP is coming from, that's a problem. Most of it though, is just their own impression and opinion of the game... It's hard to take it to heart, knowing that over the course of time the games will change a bit. There are things that won't change of course, and there are people who don't plan on waiting for changes. I wouldn't mind more content from the start, but I'm not looking for that to happen. What Sega thinks is best for the game, from the gamers view is almost ALWAYS going to be wrong. Anyone can think of more things they should have, more things they should do, things they shouldn't do... But it's Sega's game and they'll do with it what they will.

Customers are never going to think they're wrong anyway. Am I saying Sega's right? Who knows. Take it as you will.

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-10-03 09:56, LetLoveBleed wrote:

On 2006-10-03 08:22, Zael wrote:

Har Har.

That the point, it isn't an argument, its each persons feeling about the game.

You just flame bait, troll,lie or parrot your way to posts like these....

agggghhh 9000+ lol

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72441

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72081

So jealous of Vic_CNC you had to kid on you were the first to a pitiful max level.

Oh mommy I called someone a bad word on a message board....

har har

Ps me little muchkin, you sure are a tough cookie the way you get angry on a chat forum.

+slaps and ignores lil' phail

Haha, look who's still going off topic? I'm afraid you're flamebait here. And no, VIC is nobody to be jealous about. I don't even remotely care for reaching max level in PSUJP.

All I've done on this topic was reply to posts and bring up points against them. You obviously can't win so you're gunna bring this stuff up. That says a lot about your supposed intelligence.

Seriously, give it up already. You've already made a complete fool of yourself. It's pretty obvious you're the one who got mad first because you're resorting to petty insults and bringing up things that have nothing to do with the arguement. Your hole's getting deep enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2006-10-03 15:07 ]</font>

Rivercrab
Oct 3, 2006, 05:20 PM
However, unless you are a FLUENT reader of Japanese, playing a JP rpg import with no EN feature (like the FFXI import or, here, PSU import) is reducing the game to pure stats and action.

That's not true, you can type in English. You don't need to be fluent as the menus are quickly and easily learned just through repitition of use. Also there are a ton of menu translation guides...playing the JP version doesn't hamper my joy at all and I hardly speak a word of Japanese.

LetLoveBleed
Oct 3, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yea, I'm gonna ignore your posts now, my poor brain can't take the dumbing down of topics that you excel at.

I guess your not actually aware of what your typing......cookie?......<3..

....no its cookie dammit.

All classics.

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72787

Awww Zael

^_^

still with 9000+ posts you get the award for the 'Biggest Member' by at least 3".

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72452

Your very good at starting petty insults me little munchkin,

including telling the original poster not to come back to the forum .

But I digress, your posts are crap......and end up a lot of the time in flame wars.

So just throw in the towel and I'll send you 'A Guide to Quality Posts for Dummies' ~ Ignore's FTW~

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 05:52 PM
Translation: I can't win so I'm gunna try giving up looking like the better man but I'm still a retard.

I couldn't care less if you ignore me. I know you'll still be reading this anyway.

I guess you have better things to do anyway... like kiss VIC's ass. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2006-10-03 15:54 ]</font>

LetLoveBleed
Oct 3, 2006, 05:54 PM
Yes you are still a retard,

Thats the first correct post you've made

Zael
Oct 3, 2006, 05:55 PM
Oh no, that was referring to your post. Learn to read.

Wait a sec, what was that about you ignoring my posts? lol...

LetLoveBleed
Oct 3, 2006, 05:57 PM
nah you got mixed up again,

I was referring to you

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 3, 2006, 06:10 PM
Its because PSO was a very unique experiance to you, it was nothing you ever played before...being able to just log online(your freaking dreamcast no doubt omg wtf bbq awesomezors!!!!111) and geting to play with other peeps in a fun action game. But now that youve gone through that experiance and done everything there is to do that is fun to you you now realize that these games are nothing speical...the magic is gone and you now realise these games have no depth whatsoever and are only fun for a few cheap thrills bashing some retarded AI boss for awhill untill it dies. Its refered to as burnout.

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 01:40 AM
On 2006-10-03 15:57, LetLoveBleed wrote:

I was referring to you

Yeah. Go play dumb to hide the fact you're a complete idiot. It's working real fine there, isn't it?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 4, 2006, 02:01 AM
lol, drama.

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 02:06 AM
lol, your sig

LetLoveBleed
Oct 4, 2006, 02:13 AM
On 2006-10-03 23:40, Zael wrote:

On 2006-10-03 15:57, LetLoveBleed wrote:

I was referring to you

Yeah. Go play dumb to hide the fact you're a complete idiot. It's working real fine there, isn't it?

One just needs to read your posts that I've put links to, to know how much of a prat you are.

Cookie?

RamenEater
Oct 4, 2006, 02:13 AM
you use "lol" alot Fuzzy-logik, lol this lol that lollol

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 02:18 AM
Actually, one just needs to read your posts to see how badly you got pwnt on that board too. You really don't know when to stop, do you?

LetLoveBleed
Oct 4, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-10-04 00:18, Zael wrote:
Actually, one just needs to read your posts to see how badly you got pwnt on that board too. You really don't know when to stop, do you?

No Phael,

its a cookie dammit.

Actually you jerk I've never posted on that board so your way out as usual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LetLoveBleed on 2006-10-04 00:23 ]</font>

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 02:22 AM
lol, you're really running out of ammo here