PDA

View Full Version : Question about the maps...

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
After playing PSU for a bit, I have noticed something that is different from how maps were in PSO and currently are.
In PSO and PSU, the maps were the same, BUT in PSO the maps change up very slightly. Example, the start, warp, boss portals will be at 3 (i think) different spots. In PSU, the mission maps always stay the same.
Yeah, I know I play offline. But im wondering if online the maps change up a bit like it did in PSO?

CpwninOBrien
Sep 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
from wat ive seen yes there are even trick maps with different monster spawns shuld be fun

foamcup
Sep 28, 2006, 08:22 PM
From what I've read, the maps will be random online.

Rizen
Sep 28, 2006, 08:47 PM
Good, I hope they are random. It kinda keeps the game from being a repeat over and over and over to the point you can have a monkey do it blindfolded.

VanHalen
Sep 28, 2006, 08:48 PM
that would be cool hey i seen some pics before with morning and afternoon does it change to night in stages

Chaobo99
Sep 28, 2006, 11:09 PM
Ueah..does time affect stages(morning,sunny,dawn,night..etc)? and if so, will certain monsters pop out at a certain time of day?

Cross
Sep 28, 2006, 11:17 PM
The current missions work basically like PSO; there are basically about three or four major variations in the maps for a given mission, and quite a few more variations in which monsters spawn in which rooms.

It should be easily possible for Sonic Team to come up with missions that use the layout of a map more creatively to make the experience more fresh, but I don't think they can actually generate a random map layout (or if they can, they haven't shown it).

Time doesn't affect the maps. Some missions might take place during a different time of day, but I think it's going to be constant within a single mission.

Ether
Sep 28, 2006, 11:26 PM
Actually the maps are much more repetitive than PSO. At least in that, for example caves 1 would have 4 different maps, then caves 2 4 different maps, ect.

In PSU, take Relics for example, you've got 4 floors that all look the same, and the 4th is always the same map. So for the first 3 floors, you've got 4 random maps, which means you're pretty much going to see all of them every single run.

As for the enemies, they are random which helps the repetition a bit, but most areas only have 3 or 4 different enemies, so not much

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-28 21:27 ]</font>