PDA

View Full Version : During game's U.S. release, what worries you the most about

Saner
Sep 29, 2006, 11:32 AM
Ya do you think there will be as many problems as the Japan release had? or has SOA learned from those mistakes and going to make sure it's a less painful launch?

So what are you concerned about?

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2006, 11:37 AM
I doubt if. Japan is usually the 'beat field' if I can call it as such. Already the many glitches and problems they had will be fixed for US and EU afterwards. Since it's all a problem linked to servers, then they can easily handle this. I'm not too worried.

Kyuu
Sep 29, 2006, 11:47 AM
I think I'm most worried about another inane Saner topic popping up. *nod*

I don't see that as an option on the poll...

Weak
Sep 29, 2006, 11:49 AM
The nightclub one made me smile.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-09-29 09:50 ]</font>

Ryogen
Sep 29, 2006, 11:49 AM
There's going to be nightclubs?! Ok then I vote that. I love going to the club.

Saner
Sep 29, 2006, 11:50 AM
On 2006-09-29 09:47, Kyuu wrote:

why you.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_salad.gif

DrewSeleski
Sep 29, 2006, 11:58 AM
There is the advantage of the NA population being spread out over 4 different time zones that will hopefully stagger attempts to get online on the release date and prevent sega from getting utterly swamped.

Drown
Sep 29, 2006, 12:00 PM
I think it'll go okay.

I'm just looking forward to playing it, so I hope that life doesn't try to kick me by coming up with some obscure compatibility issue for my PC. Not that I think it'll happen, but you never know.

Saner
Sep 29, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-09-29 09:58, DrewSeleski wrote:
There is the advantage of the NA population being spread out over 4 different time zones that will hopefully stagger attempts to get online on the release date and prevent sega from getting utterly swamped.

it wouldnt hurt to add more servers than they think they will need anyway. then cut back if the population rate is not so high.

SephYuyX
Sep 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
Seeing more of these polls.

Yachiru
Sep 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
I truthfully think everything is going to be fine, possibly a few technical problems, but who doesn't have those in a video game? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yachiru on 2006-09-29 11:04 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
blizzard botching wow xp and servers goin down for week+ and lotsa board wow players lookin fer sumthin new

kassy
Sep 29, 2006, 01:01 PM
Not being able to get online is probably the most likely one you'll see.

_glowstiq_
Sep 29, 2006, 01:46 PM
Photon chairs and clipping in the lobbies are the only things I fear about online play. ;.;

McLaughlin
Sep 29, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-09-29 10:01, Saner wrote:

On 2006-09-29 09:58, DrewSeleski wrote:

it wouldnt hurt to add more servers than they think they will need anyway. then cut back if the population rate is not so high.

It's a waste of money if they put them up and then don't use them.

And why isn't there a "It'll go off without a hitch" option?

Jozon
Sep 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
Saner, is it a past-time to make topics, or do your really have nothing better to do? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jozon on 2006-09-29 12:12 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Sep 29, 2006, 02:14 PM
Getting NOL'd.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 29, 2006, 02:19 PM

I was going to post something along those lines. D:

phunk
Sep 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-09-29 10:04, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Seeing more of these polls.

shadynook
Sep 29, 2006, 02:28 PM
you didn't have my worry as an option so i didn't vote, but im worried about there not being enough players

Bleach
Sep 29, 2006, 02:36 PM
I worry about roll backs I grind alot so I dont want all my hard work erased.

Niki
Sep 29, 2006, 03:38 PM
For me there's really nothing to worry about other than the mild annoyances of Sephiroth [and variants], SuperSaian [and variants], Goku [and variants], Gotenks [and variants], Vegeta [and variants], Naruto [and variants], Sasuke [and variants], etc.

Alexandrious1
Sep 29, 2006, 08:19 PM
Eh Im not worried bout anything cept issues community-wise really. The usual elitists, bad noobs, griefers and the sort who tends to ruin the game for ya. Pretty much.

Chaobo99
Sep 29, 2006, 08:22 PM
You have to be able to GET online or updates would be pointless (-_-;)

AnamanaAU
Sep 29, 2006, 09:24 PM
Seeing as Clumsyorchid and the PSOBB team will most likely be running PSU. I sure how they don't run it like they run PSOBB.

Alexandrious1
Sep 29, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-09-29 19:24, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Seeing as Clumsyorchid and the PSOBB team will most likely be running PSU. I sure how they don't run it like they run PSOBB.

They best not, specially if Clumsy is getting Player volunteer moderators for the forums, that caused all sorts of problems and power abusage.

They need a different team, or redo how things work, I honestly dont like the idea of player volunteer moderators at all, and the lack of gms. PSU deserves a really good gm team for the US/EN side. Basically

More gms,
More dedication from GMs
NO player Volunteer board moderators.
All gms and mods being official Sega of america employees.

imo clumsy should be kept to psobb -_- and an entirely new team handles PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-29 19:43 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 29, 2006, 10:15 PM
Clumsy's done one hell of a job, and I can't help but applaud him. The BB community certainly hasn't made his job easy.

That said, I anticipate that there will be several GMs on PSU, one of which may or may not be Clumsy. ST knows PSU will be bigger than BB, and they hopefully realize that PSU is their best shot at rocovering from the bad name they have garnered on several past PSO versions. However, they are still ST, and I highly doubt they'd be willing to hire and pay people just to moderate the forum. But I don't have a problem with that; Mom, Kef, and Ruby (and Mewn when he was doing it) are all fine moderators.

Alexandrious1
Sep 29, 2006, 10:32 PM
Clumsy himself yea. But the way he handles in picking his moderators and team members is what I and others think is the problem.

PSU will be alot bigger, and I am pretty sure they can pay to have a good sized team of moderators for boards and the game. WoW was able to do it, EQ2 was able to do it, Ragnarok Online which is so much smaller was able to do it. Funds shouldnt be an issue.

Due to PSUs sheer size compared to PSOBB they have to have official, on payroll mods and gms. And sorry to break it to you but ive seen several instances of Kef abusing his authority at several points, the other mods, although far less, has done a thing or two themselves.

PSU is thier new baby, something they worked much harder on then psobb, its very doubtful they would assign volunteer help for their game.

AnamanaAU
Sep 29, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-09-29 20:15, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Clumsy's done one hell of a job, and I can't help but applaud him. The BB community certainly hasn't made his job easy.

~Update page being several months out of date.
~Updates being several months late.

Sure, he might do a good job, but it could be better. Look at other MMOs and Online games and how they're run. Even the free to play ones are managed better.

Alexandrious1
Sep 29, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-09-29 20:33, JubeiSaotome wrote:

Sure, he might do a good job, but it could be better. Look at other MMOs and Online games and how they're run. Even the free to play ones are managed better.

*rubs the back of his neck thinking*

Yea hes got a point there....

AnamanaAU
Sep 29, 2006, 10:40 PM
If it's just him managing the game and the mods managing forums. Then he needs a lot more help, perhaps an actual tech team? Especially if he's managing all of the international online PS games.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 29, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-09-29 20:33, JubeiSaotome wrote:

That's not Clumsy's fault, it is the fault of his superiors who make the real decisions about what content gets released and when. That is out of his control, as I understand it.

And I'm sure that they could pay people to be mods, but there is no evidence to predict that they will. The official Sega of America forum is moderated by volunteers selected from the community. Why would they bother to spend money when they have eager volunteers who would gladly do it for free.

And many people complain about Kef. I think he does a fine job. Personally, I'd like to see the modding on the boards be 10x as strict as it is currently, with topics deemed pointless, stupid, or asking about stuff easily found on PSOW/Ragol/PSUPedia being locked or deleted on sight. Of course, that would not make the community seem very welcoming, and would be bad for business.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 29, 2006, 11:25 PM

Was thinking the same exact thing (even about the option) and came to this thread purely to see if someone made such a post lol