PDA

View Full Version : Alot of you worry too much.

Ryogen
Sep 29, 2006, 02:04 PM
Too many of you are so tense and worred about gaming experience online on PSU that you are just soaking the fun out of your future gaming experience online with it. Powerlevelers, rude people, newbies, cheaters, scamers, etc. I mean a lot of you have played online rpg's before. Why don't you just chill out.

If online still has a little bumps and it goes down for matinence(sp) you still got offline mode. If someone is annoying you, I'm pretty sure there is a feature to dispose/block of them. If there is a cheater, they can be reported. If there is a scammer, we will...do somthing lol. If there is a newbie, they can be helped or we can ask them if they played offline yet.

Take a chill pill. Sega got our backs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-09-29 12:06 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:04, Ryogen wrote:

Sega got our backs.

lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif i think thats wut worries ppl

foamcup
Sep 29, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:06, CpwninOBrien wrote:

Sega got our backs.

lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif i think thats wut worries ppl

True. Cheating was rampant on PSO, but that was mainly due to the client-side data storage, but still, Sega didn't do much. I know they started banning on DC just before I quit playing that version. I didn't see any on the Gamecube though.

happy_peanut
Sep 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
I worry for the reason ive played so many Online MMOs and most of the time people played for the wrong reasons to be the best over all reach max level first!? like theres some reward for it. I am really hopeing this game isnt like that and is a more laid back game where I can log on and chat with friends and do Missions.

FF online (way to hard to get a party)
Ultima Online ( PVP killed the game and so did artis)
WoW ( everyone wante epics and to reach level 60)

doesnt anyone play a "game" anymore instead of online contests ><

foamcup
Sep 29, 2006, 02:14 PM
PSO was like a huge chat room, lol, then you could go quest if you got tired of chatting and/or playing lobby soccer. So I think PSU will be laid back as well.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 02:15 PM
gc pso was down for liek 3 weeks or something before it was ever adressed just few months ago if something inspyers confidance thats not it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

PSU is a reset button for sega they pull this off it means only good

Scirrocco
Sep 29, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:12, happy_peanut wrote:

WoW ( everyone wante epics and to reach level 60)

Well, just for reference, there wasn't much ELSE to do in that game... and it was mainly just the epic thing because getting to 60 was no problem.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 29, 2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks for reassuring me.

Roken
Sep 29, 2006, 02:22 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:15, CpwninOBrien wrote:
gc pso was down for liek 3 weeks or something before it was ever adressed just few months ago if something inspyers confidance thats not it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

????????

Mouseklip
Sep 29, 2006, 02:22 PM
Too many of you are so tense and worred about gaming experience online on PSU that you are just soaking the fun out of your future gaming experience online with it. Powerlevelers, rude people, newbies, cheaters, scamers, etc. I mean a lot of you have played online rpg's before. Why don't you just chill out.

If online still has a little bumps and it goes down for matinence(sp) you still got offline mode. If someone is annoying you, I'm pretty sure there is a feature to dispose/block of them. If there is a cheater, they can be reported. If there is a scammer, we will...do somthing lol. If there is a newbie, they can be helped or we can ask them if they played offline yet.

Take a chill pill. Sega got our backs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-09-29 12:06 ]</font>
If you played PSO to enjoy the game you would completely understand our worries.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:22, Roken wrote:

On 2006-09-29 12:15, CpwninOBrien wrote:

????????

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1541

2 weeks my bad

BluCast20xx
Sep 29, 2006, 02:33 PM
i have never played PSO online before (cuz i heard about FSOD before i made my decision), but i have played a good selection of online games to get a feel of what to look for. I dunno about you guys, but im going to enjoy playing PSU for years to come.

Sega is not gonna blow this....this game is going to be awesome!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BluCast20xx on 2006-09-29 12:35 ]</font>

phunk
Sep 29, 2006, 02:49 PM
Just play the game for you, not anyone else. OP has a point, no need to hurt your over what someone else is busy doing on the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phunk on 2006-09-30 13:05 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 29, 2006, 03:36 PM
I play for fun, others don't. We won't party together, and nobody's worse for the wear. There's bound to be someone playing for the same reasons as you, and we all enjoy the game in our own way. I'm in agreement with Ryogen, I think player concerns have been and will be addressed as much as Sega can. It's up to them to prove me wrong...

ShadowDragon28
Sep 29, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yes there are a bit to many persons over-analyzing and turning minor "flaws" or nit-picks and amplifying them into a mountain sized "Flaw". Unrealistic *expectations* is one of the problems, the other is over-playing the game, 90% of PSU content is not even available *yet*, neither is "Ambition of Illumines" available yet. Jeez.

There *are* other AWESOME games to play (like Okami , Tales of the Abyss {soon-to-be-released}, Xenosaga III, and for suspense-bizzare spooky game fans "Rule of Rose", and others. )

With PSU, pacing oneself is advisable IMO.

With PSO and when I play PSU, I will play to have fun killing monsters with people that are not jerks,

to maybe hunt for a particular rare items,

and to deck out my main character with stuff that matches my character looks and theme.

Chatting is ok, but I'm more into the slaying hordes of monsters while listening to "White Zombie", "Disturbed", and "Rammstein".

For me, there's nothing more fun than fighting some huge boss while Disturbed's "Enemy" is blasting in my ears. >:>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-09-29 13:56 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 29, 2006, 03:51 PM
I have no worries, considering that SOJ is working their asses off trying to re-stablize the servers, which is much more than what they're ever really done with PSO.

SOA I know will follow in it's foot steps. Something tells me while the servers may be buggy at first, this game will still truly rock.

Ryogen
Sep 29, 2006, 08:24 PM
Glad to see some of you not worring.

Chaobo99
Sep 29, 2006, 08:27 PM
I took my chill pill(I think im to young to take one!! OMG)
neways im just gonna chilax in "my room" AKA chao world(^_^) with some of my friends back from the days...well from the GC days AT LEAST...
Im not to worried about hackers.alittle on scammers but I have like this 5th sense when it comes to lies...and newbies are always welcome on my book! At one point, we were all newbies/and or beginners that had no idea whatsoever on what to do (AKA a newbie..)

darthplagis
Sep 29, 2006, 08:43 PM
i used to love just sitting back and doing TTF (ok i did have a few god mags hehe but i never denied it and never give them out to ppl, unless i was a friend and they asked nice), then maybe trade some items with the regular crowd (you just knew all those TJS' were fakes).

i know PSU will expand this and as cheating WONT be an issue online and sega have given us a decent chance of obtaining those rares without a million tries of blufull seaside gi-gui to be in with a chance. offline PSU is cool so come on people chill out and enjoy the JP till NA/EU is released

Fazeshot
Sep 29, 2006, 09:13 PM
Stop worrying about hackers seriously.. there may be hackers at first but it wont effect the game like it has in the past.... serverside = not worth a hackers time to hack. I know this because i was a big hacker of all versions / ports of PSO. and I've talked to a lot of the old hackers who would be capable to hack the game and 90% arent coming back.. bottom line is.. if hacks emerge.. sega will fix them in a snap and also.. hacking a serverside game is ILLEGAL seeing as u have to hack INTO their server and manipulate packets and etc to achieve anything thus making it breaking and entering.. stop worrying about it guys..

Sev
Sep 30, 2006, 04:10 AM
I can't understand most worries or issues to begin with...

Until I see these problems for myself, then I'm not worried about 'em.... Why would I be worried that someone could potentially do such and such down the road? Just so when it happens I can say "I TOLD YOU IT WOULD HAPPEN!" on a forum? And then if it doesn't happen at all, I just wasted all this random time worriying about something stupid?

Like I said... I don't understnad the worrying. I mean, if you want to... Go ahead... But don't get bent out of shape when someone actually says something logical. I agree with Ryogen on just playing the game as it is... That's all I'm gonna do... If problems come up, I'll deal with 'em then, but I'm not gonna owrry myself over 'em because it's not my job to worry about the problems. I'll report them, and ST will fix them. That's their job.

And please... Stop bringing up PSO. There's plenty of reasons why PSO was how it was.

Invisible1122
Sep 30, 2006, 07:42 AM
I haven't actually been excited for a video game in a long time. I really hope this doesn't dissapoint http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Invisible1122 on 2006-09-30 05:42 ]</font>

OsF
Sep 30, 2006, 08:17 AM
Heh, as long as it doesn't remind me in any way, shape, or form of a blizzard game, I'll be stoked.

No. Not the totally undeserved temp ban again! (P.S. Still love you blizz, just not IN love)

mattdude
Sep 30, 2006, 10:00 AM
I aint woried either, but one thing is that I am defintley goign to be a noob for a long time lol......happens for me on every online game....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kyuu
Sep 30, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-09-30 02:10, Sev wrote:
I can't understand most worries or issues to begin with...

Until I see these problems for myself, then I'm not worried about 'em.... Why would I be worried that someone could potentially do such and such down the road? Just so when it happens I can say "I TOLD YOU IT WOULD HAPPEN!" on a forum? And then if it doesn't happen at all, I just wasted all this random time worriying about something stupid?

Like I said... I don't understnad the worrying. I mean, if you want to... Go ahead... But don't get bent out of shape when someone actually says something logical. I agree with Ryogen on just playing the game as it is... That's all I'm gonna do... If problems come up, I'll deal with 'em then, but I'm not gonna owrry myself over 'em because it's not my job to worry about the problems. I'll report them, and ST will fix them. That's their job.

And please... Stop bringing up PSO. There's plenty of reasons why PSO was how it was.
Listen to the man! Can I get an amen?

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 02:57 PM
Amen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif YAY FOR PSU!

vg_geek86
Sep 30, 2006, 03:03 PM
Being able to kick people from your party should eliminate alot of this tension. *It does mine neway*

See som1 dupeing and you dont like it, tell'em not to let the door hit thier ass on the way out and let them have it.

zofia
Sep 30, 2006, 03:49 PM
I'm not worried at all. I still like PSO and I've been playing it on and off for over 5 years. I never raced to level in PSO back in my online days. I remember in DC my main character was at level 99 for over a month because I wanted to save hitting 100 for when my newer (at the time) PSO friends were ready to hit 100. =P

Sometimes, especially over the last two years, I'd go months and months without playing, but I always come back to PSO because, overall, it is an awesome game that is FUN.

I am pretty sure PSU will be fun. Just a hunch. =P

Unless to you play PSU 24/7/365, I really don't see how it won't be fun.

Games are made to be enjoyed, not lived in.

And if the only reason you play a game is to enjoy it, what's to worry about?

Kyuu
Sep 30, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-09-30 13:49, zofia wrote:

And if the only reason you play a game is to enjoy it, what's to worry about?
Well, there is the worry that you won't enjoy it.

What I find odd is that so many people, after playing a game and seemingly not enjoying it, stick around on the game's forums for so long trying desperately to convince everyone of how much the game sucks instead of just moving on to a new game (like they claim they're doing) and leaving everyone else the hell alone. o_0

DONTOSE
Sep 30, 2006, 03:57 PM
im not worryed about a thing im just going to enjoy the game and thats it no hackers are going to bother me if they want to cheat than thats thier problem not mine.

Eclypse
Sep 30, 2006, 03:59 PM

Telling people to chill and then saying something like this is going to cause even more worry because Sega is LEGENDARY with not supporting their products and no one has to look further than PSODC, GC, Xbox, the Saturn, Dreamcast, etc etc etc.

Sega will release a good product only to offer shit support for it so that is why people worry about the state of PS games.

Phaze37
Sep 30, 2006, 04:17 PM
Sega got our backs.

That will be a first. They sure as **** didn't "have our backs" in any version of PSO.

Blue Burst has server-side saving, yet the dupes are everywhere.

I just hope that they take PSU seriously, and actually make an effort to keep the cheat prevention up to the same standards as popular MMORPGs like WoW.

As for the "kick" function, I bet that it's going to be abused by many elitist team leaders.

I hate to be such a downer, but PSU will not a be a perfect online gaming heaven. This is Sonic Team we're talking about. That won't stop me from playing it though.

Natrokos
Sep 30, 2006, 06:07 PM
^ You're a mean one Mr. Grinch.

Flamingo99
Sep 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-09-30 16:07, Natrokos wrote:
^ You're a mean one Mr. Grinch.

Your as slimy as an eel~

Phaze37
Sep 30, 2006, 07:48 PM
All I'm saying is: Don't get your hopes up. ST gave it's best support to Blue Burst, but even that pales in comparison to the support that most other developers give their online RPGs. What makes you think that they're gonna all-of-a-sudden get their act together for PSU? We'll be lucky if the north american servers even get a single GM like Blue Burst did. I like ClumsyOrchid and I think he does a good job, but there's only so much that one GM can do.

Anyone who thinks that Sonic Team has EVER done a good job of supporting their games... well, I'll just say that I strongly disagree with you, to avoid being rude.

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 1, 2006, 02:16 AM
ZOMGFLAMEWARZALLOVERAGAIN kthx.
Anyway >_>

Psu feels great, when i do play it, i'm holding back because i want to feel alot of the gameplay with others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Offline ill play afew missions, and then come back to town and just sit on one of the benches while i do my assignments. Already i can imagine online being like this.. very relaxed--as pso was.
I dont feel the need like ffxi to jump on in the evenings saying "quik, gotta check my sales quick! hurry, i cant exp w/o a party and people are only arriving now" etc. Because i know, in my heart (lmao) that if i need, Hyuga can help me out (so will online be like).
I guess the only people stressing.. well, is all of us, the english release hasnt happened and we havent rekindled with our peeps OR had the pleasure of meeting random others (..good memories). But i cant tell people not to stress about it before hand, it's what builds the Gurhaal we live in.