PDA

View Full Version : A coupla questions

Raven_Flight
Sep 29, 2006, 02:48 PM
I've been lurking here in the forums for awhile and finally decided to make an account...so....hello all! I'm getting a new slim line PS2 tommrow, seeing how this is what I'll be playing on.

I have a few questions to ask, and I'm hoping to get some answers. I have a Logitech Netplay controller that I've been using since the FFXI beta, and while it's quite functional, it's very clucnky. Any one use this to play? The other question is while waiting for PSU, would playing PSO help me any? or would it even be worth it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read this wall o' text.

Fironial
Sep 29, 2006, 04:01 PM
My suggestion is to ditch the controller part of the Logitech controller. I bought it specificly for the keyboard (it was 10 bucks cheaper than any other USB keyboards at the time) and it has been a great investment for me. I tried it out for PSU on my PC and like everything else i've used it on... it's just too clunky to get everything done.

Unless you are extremely used to playing active games with it then don't bother... just use a regular PS2 controller alongside the keyboard.

You don't really need to know PSO to play PSU. Alot has changed and the only thing you would really get from playing PSO is some name recognition and a severe addiction to red boxes. If you want to see what the game was like then go for it. It can still be pretty addictive and PSOBB has a free trial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fironial on 2006-09-29 14:09 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
id not bother wit pso and just git PSU

Phaze37
Sep 29, 2006, 05:08 PM
Why not? The free trial will last him until PSU is released.

Drown
Sep 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
Go for it if you like, I think PSO is worth playing, even if just to know and appreciate where its come from and the improvements that they make.