PDA

View Full Version : Double-saber?

Torpid
Sep 29, 2006, 03:35 PM
Does ne1 have a video with extensive use of the double-saber?

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 04:18 PM
prolly not they are relly lacking in cool factor in psu

Tystys
Sep 29, 2006, 04:20 PM
Check the movie/screenshot thread? O_O

x_TrickY_x
Sep 29, 2006, 04:39 PM
Edit - Wrong Weapon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: x_TrickY_x on 2006-09-29 15:04 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
I think that is a video of one handed sabers being dual wielded, or dual sabers. I think he meant double-saber, like the stag cutlery in PSO.

Drown
Sep 29, 2006, 04:59 PM
Hahaha, I just watched that video and found myself lost on youtube for about half an hour watching PSU videos.

Man, I need that game...

BlueInfinity
Sep 29, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-09-29 14:18, CpwninOBrien wrote:

I like the double saber, and I bet tons of people would like it too if you can do the pa ethan did in that battle trailer.

x_TrickY_x
Sep 29, 2006, 05:00 PM
Yep you're right, sorry about that. Here's an actual video of the saber being used this time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsRXU5hh6iI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: x_TrickY_x on 2006-09-29 15:02 ]</font>

Drown
Sep 29, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-09-29 14:18, CpwninOBrien wrote:

I dunno, I think it looks pretty cool. But thats just this man's opinion.

BlueInfinity
Sep 29, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-09-29 15:00, x_TrickY_x wrote:
Yep you're right, sorry about that. Here's an actual video of the saber being used this time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsRXU5hh6iI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: x_TrickY_x on 2006-09-29 15:02 ]</font>

meh I've seen that one, but if anyone knows if the double saber pa in this tralier is real or not, please be sure to let me know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic1MUVvwsU

ShadowDragon28
Sep 29, 2006, 05:13 PM
I would love to see pics of the Double Saber made by Tenora and Youmei, and the Kubara models.
All I ever see is the plain low Star rating GRM model of Double saber.

Where the heck are the pics of the higher star models from the other manufacturers? I do like the Double saber though.

Mazoku
Sep 29, 2006, 05:15 PM
meh I've seen that one, but if anyone knows if the double saber pa in this tralier is real or not, please be sure to let me know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic1MUVvwsU

You mean the first one Ethan does, right? Thats real. It's the first double saber PA you get in extra mode.

Double saber is just as cool as it was in PSO. Yes, it looks different, but I was a daggers and double saber fan in PSO, and its the same in PSU.

RuinedReBirth
Sep 29, 2006, 05:17 PM
I hated how attacking regularly with a double saber...it's the same exact attack pattern as PSO. Meh. Oh well, the dive is amazing. =)

BlueInfinity
Sep 29, 2006, 05:19 PM
But what about the 2nd one he did?, it's the part when he was fighting that guy.

Torpid
Sep 29, 2006, 05:41 PM
i knew i wouldn't be the only one that likes double-sabers.

BlueInfinity
Sep 29, 2006, 05:42 PM
nvm guys I found a better website for all the photon arts on here http://www.geocities.jp/pusu_jam/ click on the picture of wich photon art wep you would like to see.

x_TrickY_x
Sep 29, 2006, 06:17 PM
nice site, that's pretty insane how he kicks the double-saber up in the air during the combo.

xJermariox
Sep 29, 2006, 06:29 PM

*watches video* Nice video, whoever did that video is amazing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

darthplagis
Sep 29, 2006, 07:46 PM
lou does the flippy throwing saber PA all the time, mind tho that knuckle PA (the spining around you knuckles) looks sweet, also i NEED that claw one (the flaming flip one) my only claw one is for dual claws and ethan jumps up and strikes down like wolverine (its cool but im leveling my forcejob so im not using claws)

Phalynx
Sep 29, 2006, 08:00 PM
Can you get that 3 combo PA for the double saber in Extra?

Authenticate
Sep 29, 2006, 08:26 PM
Yes. You get the third part of the combo at 21 or 22 weapon skill level.

Phalynx
Sep 29, 2006, 08:37 PM
I only have the the diving spinning one, and its above 21, how do you get more than the ones from the shop?

SonicTMP
Sep 29, 2006, 08:41 PM
can't wait till double saber is unlocked online. Heh imagine using the double cannon with those PAs.... cheap yet so much murder

darthplagis
Sep 29, 2006, 08:53 PM
i get a lot of the PA's from the level 15 train level on parum (offline), do it S class (remember after 2nd carrage go back to 1st room and kill the enemy that spawns there when 2nd room is done, and go back and go thru 2nd locked door for 3 more kills about the 3rd 4th room) and you get a SUV and an ornament also 70/80 job points with the odd PA/tech randomly (oh and 4.5k meseta)

Authenticate
Sep 29, 2006, 09:27 PM
The Double Saber PA and Knuckle PA that you get from the shops don't get more combos, they just become stronger as you level them. If you want the double saber combo, you have to have Lou in the party and get S rank on some missions until she gives it to you.

Bleach
Sep 29, 2006, 09:32 PM
kinda off topic but: does anyone have any good vids of a laser cannon in action I wanted to see some more of how it works. thanks

Torpid
Sep 30, 2006, 12:51 AM
heh i got all these ppl interested in double-sabers now. call me the official trendsetter of psu.

darthplagis
Sep 30, 2006, 12:55 AM
Authenticate are you sure thats how you get the PA's? by having the NPC's with said wep do an S rank? just i got knuckle, dagger and spear plus tech's with maya,tonnio and ah the mad doc dude............. come to think of it you may be onto something here

Zael
Sep 30, 2006, 01:00 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8kwEYFNJzEY

Authenticate
Sep 30, 2006, 01:16 AM
Hyuga = Saber and Dual Saber PA
Karen = Dual Dagger (that's all I've gotten from her anyway)
Old Teacher Dude = Dual Claw and Knuckle
Leo = Sword and Spear
Tonnio = Dagger and Claw
Lou = Double Saber (maybe rifle and laser cannon, too? I've seen her use those, and they usually give the disks of the weapons they use)
Maya = Techs and maybe that crossbow thing she uses.

Zarbolord
Sep 30, 2006, 02:30 AM
I like every weapon...

Mwabwetumba
Sep 30, 2006, 05:21 AM
I have always been a great fan of the doublesaber/twinblade.. in fact, soon I will have a real one for myself:P

Just need to find out how I can avoid killing myself while trying to wield it:S.. wont be doing any kicks though!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-09-30 03:21 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 06:24 AM
although I'm not really a big fan of the double saber's attack animation(I prefer the Twin Sabers which seem to be faster), its PA = Death to all enemies.

Zarbolord
Sep 30, 2006, 06:42 AM
I have always been a great fan of the doublesaber/twinblade.. in fact, soon I will have a real one for myself:P

Just need to find out how I can avoid killing myself while trying to wield it:S.. wont be doing any kicks though!

I made my own dual swords (in wood of course...). Their nice blades, still have to refine one, but it's doable (damn that wood was freaking hard to work on!). A simple saber I'm able to do easily, I can't very easily repeat the animations in PSO, the PAs in PSU might a bit complex, but I could manage them once I know how they exactly present themselves. I'll give you a tip, just really watch out with those blades, I nearly cut my leg off, luckily my reflexes are good. Yes, my blades are sharp... what's the fun if you don't have danger? Anyway, my personal style is a mix between PSO twins and Zelos' moves.

Mwabwetumba
Sep 30, 2006, 07:56 AM
Nice to see a fellow sword-enthusiast Zarbolord.. I will create a topic in the off-topic forum when all is done^^.

On-topic:

Ohh.. Doublesabers: Yay!

mechatra
Sep 30, 2006, 08:03 AM
Double sabers are clearly my faveourite weapons in PSU, I really didnt like them as much in PSO.

I like the way they are not so twin saber anymore, and moreso alittle more quarter-staff esque with blades. Almost like a dual naginata, and thats just plain awesome.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 10:30 AM
so some of you guys like collecting swords too? cool. me, I've had a couple of bad instances where some of my weapons(katana and bokken) broke, I broke the katana by swinging it and the bokken was broken while trying to keep some aggressive dogs away. but I bought a new katana like a few months ago and its pretty sweet, although not sharp but I think I would like to get a bokken, maybe 2 so I can practice with one sword in each hand.

Rizen
Sep 30, 2006, 11:02 AM
Oh man you guys have to see this one, it was just posted in the Screenshot thread (thanks to Fironial).
http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_spd.wmv

Check the topic for the link to all the PA arts...a must see.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
cool, thanks.

Eclypse
Sep 30, 2006, 12:39 PM

That just looks like fun.

Cigaro
Sep 30, 2006, 01:44 PM
I officially cannot wait for this game.

Watching these videos has made me as giddy as a schoolgirl... a schoolgirl with a 5 o'clock shadow.

Kaply
Sep 30, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm watching that double saber PA where ethan kicks the weapon up into the air. That PA's going to be all show and no go in the online mode lol.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 30, 2006, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure if this was stated before, but where exactly could you get that double saber kick PA online? Do you have to S rank missoins with Lou?

mechatra
Sep 30, 2006, 02:11 PM
Aparently so, but it seems to be completely random.

I've S ranked the Parum train mission (LVL-15) 14 times now, with Lou, Leo, and Hyuga in my team, so far I've gotten no PA disks whatsoever.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 30, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-09-29 19:32, Bleach wrote:
kinda off topic but: does anyone have any good vids of a laser cannon in action I wanted to see some more of how it works. thanks

You say cannon?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BtQSsUCqXbQ

Rizen
Sep 30, 2006, 07:08 PM
If you look on the screenshot thread, I posted some of my vids as Ranger. I use Laser Cannon alot.
Here they are:
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/?action=view&current=SpeedRun.flv
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/?action=view&current=DragonRun.flv

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-09-30 11:57, Kaply wrote:
I'm watching that double saber PA where ethan kicks the weapon up into the air. That PA's going to be all show and no go in the online mode lol.

yeah, I agree, I prefer the other one.

darthplagis
Sep 30, 2006, 09:26 PM
i prefer the kick one to the spinning one i just find it more reliable, tho you can circle a room and take out a lot of baddies with the spinny one.

as for PA's from NPC's i got 3 sword PA's from Leo and the kick one from Lou (actually got one of leo's and lou's both from 1 level!!) in 5 runs of GColony level 30 level (3 seed @ the end) that made me chuckle (im level 60 story mode) as i was actually lookin for pannon jelly(didnt bloody get any tho)

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 09:46 PM
^
wait, so you can get those other PAs offline or something?

darthplagis
Sep 30, 2006, 10:24 PM
yeah, you complete a level with NPC's at S-rank and the NPC's randomly give you a one of there PA's (leo gives you fliping sword one, lou gives kicking twin saber and maya gives techs) i was amazed earlier when both leo and lou gave me theres from the same level so it IS totally random (i cant figure any pattern)

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 10:31 PM
twin sabers? don't you mean double sabers? I never saw Lou wielding a twin saber so it won't make sense. but yeah, thanks. but I hope there is a way to get some new outfits though.

darthplagis
Oct 1, 2006, 01:27 AM
yeah double sabers is what i meant (i prefer dual/brace of sabers for the brace of sabers and handguns).

and new costumes are bugging me too all i have is ethans S rank suit (the naval officer style suit) well i got the top as an S rank on one of the story missions.

Kyuu
Oct 1, 2006, 01:33 AM
On 2006-09-29 23:16, Authenticate wrote:

Hyuga = Saber and Dual Saber PA
Karen = Dual Dagger (that's all I've gotten from her anyway)
Old Teacher Dude = Dual Claw and Knuckle
Leo = Sword and Spear
Tonnio = Dagger and Claw
Lou = Double Saber (maybe rifle and laser cannon, too? I've seen her use those, and they usually give the disks of the weapons they use)
Maya = Techs and maybe that crossbow thing she uses.
Probably a dumb question, but I'm assuming this only applies to Story and/or Extra Modes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-30 23:36 ]</font>

darthplagis
Oct 1, 2006, 01:39 AM
i havent been online so i cant say about that but yes it does work for extra and story (you get more stuff on extra anyway).

Kyuu
Oct 1, 2006, 01:44 AM
Would be interesting if you had to S-rank missions online with an NPC partner (since each race gets the Partner Card for one of the Story Mode NPCs after the tutorial: Lou for casts, Leo for beasts, Maya for newmans, and... well, I actually don't know who human characters get) in order to get certain PAs and techs. Probably not, though.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 1, 2006, 09:19 AM
On 2006-09-30 23:27, darthplagis wrote:
yeah double sabers is what i meant (i prefer dual/brace of sabers for the brace of sabers and handguns).

and new costumes are bugging me too all i have is ethans S rank suit (the naval officer style suit) well i got the top as an S rank on one of the story missions.

wait, are you telling me you can get more outfits by s-ranking in missions too? I hope so man, damn, that'll be sweet.

Ullias
Oct 1, 2006, 10:37 AM
On 2006-09-30 08:30, Shiroryuu wrote:
so some of you guys like collecting swords too? cool. me, I've had a couple of bad instances where some of my weapons(katana and bokken) broke, I broke the katana by swinging it and the bokken was broken while trying to keep some aggressive dogs away. but I bought a new katana like a few months ago and its pretty sweet, although not sharp but I think I would like to get a bokken, maybe 2 so I can practice with one sword in each hand.

Omg how much pain must those dogs be in lol anyway the double saber looks awesome + the kick photon art looks cool but not as practical as the spinning everything dies attack

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 1, 2006, 11:13 AM
well, the dogs were pretty aggressive and were pretty dangerous.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 1, 2006, 11:58 AM
oh, and do you have to s-rank a specific mission in order to get those PA's? and if so, which one? thanks.

mechatra
Oct 1, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it's random, and that seems to be the shared opinion at the moment. Yesterday I S-ranked the Parum train mission 14 times with 3 people in my party, and nothing. Afterwhich just for a laugh I went and did the Parum lvl-10 mission (koltoba farm) and S-ranked it - Voila! got a PA disk from both Lou, and Leogini.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 1, 2006, 01:08 PM
ah, ok, thanks.

-Break-
Oct 1, 2006, 01:16 PM
I have a nice pair of dual claws in real life so I'll most likely be using those, my friend has sweet double saber though...