PDA

View Full Version : Collision.

Uncle_bob
Sep 30, 2006, 04:07 AM
Can you walk right through other people like in PSO or do characters actually function as solid objects this time? Odd question. I don't care.

A2K
Sep 30, 2006, 04:15 AM
You can walk through others, like in PSO. In fact, everywhere you go in the cities there are pe--no, shadows of people walking about. You try to run to them but... but almost all of them fade away. The ones that don't only say the same thing, over and over again, as if they were stuck in some sort of scripted loop.

2Deuce
Sep 30, 2006, 09:38 AM
On 2006-09-30 02:07, Uncle_bob wrote:
Can you walk right through other people like in PSO or do characters actually function as solid objects this time? Odd question. I don't care.

Other PCs acting as solid objects wouldn't really work in most Online games, because you'd have random groups idiots thinking they're funny and completely blocking off areas by standing in front of doors, stuff like that.

Rizen
Sep 30, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-09-30 02:15, A2K wrote:
The ones that don't only say the same thing, over and over again, as if they were stuck in some sort of scripted loop.

Mmm....reminds me of something from 8 bit theatre
"Welcome to Cornelia!" "I like swords."

Uncle_bob
Sep 30, 2006, 01:48 PM
On 2006-09-30 07:38, 2Deuce wrote:

On 2006-09-30 02:07, Uncle_bob wrote:

Other PCs acting as solid objects wouldn't really work in most Online games, because you'd have random groups idiots thinking they're funny and completely blocking off areas by standing in front of doors, stuff like that.

Like Habbo? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 1, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-09-30 02:15, A2K wrote:
You can walk through others, like in PSO. In fact, everywhere you go in the cities there are pe--no, shadows of people walking about. You try to run to them but... but almost all of them fade away. The ones that don't only say the same thing, over and over again, as if they were stuck in some sort of scripted loop.

Oh great, the NPCs are the spammers now? You can mute them I hope. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On 2006-09-30 07:38, 2Deuce wrote:

Yeah, NPCs do that all the time in some offline RPGs...uh, you can walk through the NPCs in this one, right?