PDA

View Full Version : 360 version to cost 800 M$ points a month

ProfessorZ
Sep 30, 2006, 09:39 AM
So for a lot of you guys that don't have access to credit cards this is the way to go

Tystys
Sep 30, 2006, 09:57 AM
That's not that bad, actually, O_O

Don't you still need to use CC's for MS points?

ProfessorZ
Sep 30, 2006, 10:01 AM
You can buy 1600 points in a store for $20. Kinda like the WoW card its good for 2 months

Invisible1122
Sep 30, 2006, 10:34 AM
Not to doubt you but do you have a link to wherever you got the info? Just curious. I was hoping I could use MS points.

tiki-man
Sep 30, 2006, 10:40 AM
yeah do you have a link cause i dony wanna get my hopes up if you dont

Recksin
Sep 30, 2006, 10:46 AM
wtf is "MS Points"

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 30, 2006, 10:54 AM
microsoft points im guessing, not sure how they work dont have a 360 lol

LegacyOfMieu
Sep 30, 2006, 11:01 AM
This is good news for those saving lunch money but I just don't want their hopes dashed.

Tystys
Sep 30, 2006, 12:16 PM
Microsoft points are the little point system that the 360 has. Basically, when you buy MS Points, you can have access to downloading Arcade games, demos, videos, etc etc.

MS points cost quite a bit of money for only a few, though. Especially considering alot of the really cool stuff is costing like 500+ MS Points. It's nice to know we can pay them in points, O_O....if it's true.

Eclypse
Sep 30, 2006, 12:36 PM
I HIGHLY doubt this is valid because the whole point of a subscription cost is to help the game developer recoup costs and why would Sega let MSFT accept MSFT points as a form of payment since it would only be counting towards MSFT?

If it was true however, I have about 2300 that I would be willing to give to some unlikey soul that wants to play the game but doesn't have a CC since I will be using a CC to keep my game up.

Kers
Sep 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
If Sega is using MS's XBL servers, which I believe is true, then yeah, it makes sense.

800 pts = 10 US dollars.

StanleyPain
Sep 30, 2006, 01:03 PM
This seriously needs a source link.

qoxolg
Sep 30, 2006, 01:47 PM
I don't think so.. we have to pay sega for the "content updates" that are already on the disc.. :/ but yeah.. would be nice.. if its CC only, I won't be playing online

phunk
Sep 30, 2006, 02:01 PM
Source?

vg_geek86
Sep 30, 2006, 02:21 PM
Im not seeing a link, and nothing after a quick google search.

Not buying it.

Tazer
Sep 30, 2006, 03:04 PM
Yo.

for those who dont have a credit card proper, I think the info Ive compiled here will help ya:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120039&forum=20&6

darthplagis
Sep 30, 2006, 03:42 PM
well all these people going on about sega not getting the money to upgrade servers, content and stuff if MS points are gonna be uses.

i hate to go on about it again but chrome hounds has ALOT of downloads provided by sega which cost 60/100 points each so if sega arnt getting the money then how can they offer upgrade items like they ARE ALREADY DOING with chrome hounds. it makes sense for microsoft to be in leauge with SEGA over servers and payment as its better buisness to use an already established system that people using the console online are familiar with, as i have said on other topics about this it does cut the chances of fraud credit card use so is preferable buisness, ok it CAN cost more to use MS points but its easier than a card for people on lower income or with bad credit scores.

I for one have been hoping for this since 360 PSU was announced and hope its genuine but without published proff i cant pin my hopes to high

Eclypse
Sep 30, 2006, 03:57 PM
Chromehounds upgrades is a tad bit different than a monthly recurring charge for a subscription to a game.

It doesn't cut down the chance of CC fraud because the MSFT points can be purchased with that same potential fraud CC.

Since there is no source like many other posts that are in this forum regarding the Xbox version, I would take this with a grain of salt.

darthplagis
Sep 30, 2006, 04:09 PM
yeah im sceptical but hopefull of MS points being used as i aint got a credit card (im a carer on less than min wage £45 a week for lookin after my disabled wife, thank you british gov. so i cant get a card, yet MS points card i can get very easy).

The points i made in reference to chrome hounds was the finance between MS and SEGA must be fine as they are upgrading the content for CHounds regularly so SEGA IS getting cash from MS from the content so SEGA WILL get cash from MS points spent on the HL, IF it goes that way (chances are it 'may' be a little more expensive on 360 due to MS taking a cut of the cost but i recon they will of worked out a deal by now, or at least be in the process of one)

ProfessorZ
Sep 30, 2006, 05:58 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119381&forum=20&34

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121902

Xx3of19xX
Sep 30, 2006, 06:33 PM
On 2006-09-30 10:36, Eclypse wrote:
I HIGHLY doubt this is valid because the whole point of a subscription cost is to help the game developer recoup costs and why would Sega let MSFT accept MSFT points as a form of payment since it would only be counting towards MSFT?

I hope you do realize that Sega DOES get the money from MS once you use the points you bought from MS on PSU...

The points system is actually pretty cool for Sega and MS. Sega saves money because they don't have to handle tons of credit card transaction fees. It is cool for MS, because at any time you buy MS points and don't use them right away, MS is making money off the interest of the unused points in your account (you already payed MS for the points, but MS only pays the 3rd party once the points are spent by a user).

kyori
Sep 30, 2006, 07:39 PM
None of those links you posted list an actual source http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Nor does the PSOW one mention amount. I was waiting for the part where you said the source was me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Saner
Sep 30, 2006, 08:18 PM
if this is true this would be very convenient for those with EB nearby. just buy those pts. cards. but ya we need more real proof this is true.