PDA

View Full Version : Using oldschool gamecube keyboard controller on xbx 360 or p

hutang
Sep 30, 2006, 06:12 PM
The last few years I have been without purpose, hopping from shyt game to shyt game, waiting for the next enstallment of my beloved PSO... As I've heard, my time is near. Unfortunately however, I find myself at a few crossroads here.

First, I imported one of those gamecube keyboard controllers back in the day. I'm wondering if anyone has tried/and or found success using one of these on their ps2? I was thinking maybe buying two of those gamecube controller to PC (usb) joybox 13 cords. Also, I assume their is a way to rewire it. If anyone is tech savvy and would have any idea how to do this, i'd be willing to try if i have only 5% chance of success. Otherwise any ideas would be great.

Lastly, I'm unsure which system will allow me the best experience. Xbx worries me because voicechat will result in a lot of whiney, 13 year old n00b bullshyt. I also see myself more likely to want to type in the middle of the night versus talking. Ps2/pc worry me because the majority of players might be on xbx.. Also pc worries me because I'd be running windows on my Mac, and I don't know how well a windows game will play on that. (the good thing bout pc is that i can use my GC kb controller on it..(i think))

Well those are my huge problems and concerns, any help would be greatly appreciated. Viva la hutang!

CpwninOBrien
Sep 30, 2006, 06:16 PM
id be vrey suprised if the gc keyboard worked in a ps2 even with an adapter

Zelutos
Sep 30, 2006, 06:38 PM
The controls are completely different. You'll need a new USB based keyboard.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 30, 2006, 06:45 PM
wtf just buy a cheap USB kb, you had the money to import the GC kb controller wtf is wrong with payinbg nearly 120% less than what you paid for that thing for a cheap USB keyboard?

Chaobo99
Sep 30, 2006, 06:48 PM
Everyone uses 13 years olds as a n00b example..maybe I outta scream through the headsets then be what I normally am...
anyways..just use a regular keyboard.even if you do have GC keyb./control. you wont be able to use the controller part of it cause the Xbox 360 has different controls in mind with THEIR controller..

hutang
Sep 30, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-09-30 16:45, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
wtf just buy a cheap USB kb, you had the money to import the GC kb controller wtf is wrong with payinbg nearly 120% less than what you paid for that thing for a cheap USB keyboard?

Money is no concern of mine. I want the most comfortable set up. I don't like having a kb seperated from my controller (it annoys me). I like the smaller keys of the gc keyboard controller and i hate the ps2 controller, so naturally I was wondering if there was any way to use my gc kb controller on the ps2...

I'm convinced it's physically possible. I'm just looking for anyone who might be able to help me with it. Ive got 23 days to make it work.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 30, 2006, 08:33 PM
I just remembered thatPS2 keyboard-controller do exist

these 2 ive seen in stores:

http://www.nextag.com/Logitech-NetPlay-Keyboard-Controller-55417246/prices-html

http://www.bizrate.com/playstation2accessories/oid328341086.html

This one I also find in a google search while looking for those other 2:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=22&products_id=2519

OsF
Sep 30, 2006, 08:41 PM
Wow, someone must lay awake at night cackling about how they made someone's gaming experience incredibly awkward after making those...things.

I might see being able to use the logitech one, but even that is stretching it a bit..literally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OsF on 2006-09-30 18:43 ]</font>

hutang
Sep 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
Good stuff. Yah my last resort is going to be buying that logitech ps2 kb controller. That is of course if I get it on ps2.. and not xbx 360...

hutang
Sep 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-09-30 18:41, OsF wrote:

I might see being able to use the logitech one, but even that is stretching it a bit..literally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OsF on 2006-09-30 18:43 ]</font>

You really need to try a kb controller.. its so comfortable to just put it on your legs while you type without having to set a controller down somewhere, then just jump back into play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 30, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah I would have just posted the logitech but I figured eh, theirs nothing wrong with choice.

Killuminati
Sep 30, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-09-30 16:38, Zelutos wrote:
The controls are completely different. You'll need a new USB based keyboard.

Can you use USB keyboards on the new slimline PS2? I heard those don't have USB ports. I don't own a PS2 yet but I will buy one before this game comes out.

Jaleigha
Sep 30, 2006, 11:50 PM
Currently I am playing EQoA until release of PSU. I have two (I dual box on EQoA) and own two of the Logictech KB/Controllers. I will say it took some time getting use to, as your hands are about a foot apart. Now, I can't go back. Play with a regular small controllers I feel very cramped up. The Logictech fits nicely on your lap and just has a more relaxed feel. I love how you can switch to typing and using the controller with ease.

If you get one, just give it some time to get use to. It will feel extremely awkward at first. Once you do, you won't know how you ever did without one.

When I wore mine out, I got my replacements from Ebay. You can usually find new in box ones there for around 20.00 and that includes shipping.