PDA

View Full Version : as good as PSO?

Phantom42
Sep 30, 2006, 07:08 PM
do you think that PSU will be just as good if not better then PSO?

Rizen
Sep 30, 2006, 07:10 PM
>< Theres a few topics like this already.
In my opinion, It will pick up what PSO left out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-09-30 17:32 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 07:28 PM
well I'll just say my opinion, its better than PSO.

PJ
Sep 30, 2006, 07:31 PM
In my opinion?

PSO is absolutely unplayable after playing PSU.

Cross
Sep 30, 2006, 07:34 PM
On 2006-09-30 17:31, PJ wrote:

Seconded.

In fact, if anybody honestly thinks that PSU isn't better than PSO, I'm going to pre-emptively call them crazy, and demand an explanation that makes sense.

Spellbinder
Sep 30, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-09-30 17:34, Cross wrote:

Seconded.

In fact, if anybody honestly thinks that PSU isn't better than PSO, I'm going to pre-emptively call them crazy, and demand an explanation that makes sense.

Thirded

Losodo1976
Sep 30, 2006, 07:46 PM

Seconded.

Better than PSO? F*ck yeah! That's great news! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ACpilot
Sep 30, 2006, 07:51 PM
Better than PSO? F*ck yeah!

qft

AnamanaAU
Sep 30, 2006, 07:54 PM
In my opinion?

PSO seems so linear and dated after playing PSU.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 30, 2006, 07:55 PM
Is it better or just newer and therefore more interesting? Perhaps this needs to be measured in a relative scale.

All things considered, I've observed in the past that PSU seems to address all the complaints we've had concerning PSO, particularly in the aspects of gameplay and environment. I can't begin to suggest that it'll be, in fact, better, but I think it's safe to assume we've got another five years of great gameplay ahead of us.

watashiwa
Sep 30, 2006, 07:58 PM

Again.. QFT.. which is kind of sad, actually...

If you go back and try to play PSO after playing PSU, it just feels so slow.. clunky.. and just generally not enjoyable...

Most people were probably playing PSO because it's the only online game of it's kind.. but now we have another, much better and much more entertaining, game created by the same team of developers truly worthy of being called PSO's sequel!

Lovejuice
Sep 30, 2006, 08:04 PM
I actually tried to play PSO today, Gamecube version, to see how I'd react.

PSU makes PSO seem boring.

Honestly, PSO gameplay just seems clunky and slow compared. Fighting and character movement is awkward, and just feels so restricted. Pioneer 2 just feels so tiny - and really, it is, after playing PSU (or many other online games after quitting PSO) the realisation kind of hits if you go back - compared to the multi-level richness of the Colony.

There are a few things I slightly miss that PSO had in its favour, like dynamic music, and the whole technicolour charm everywhere had going on - like pretty much every Sega developed Dreamcast game at the time. Whilst PSU's worlds are extremely vibrant and glorious things and I love them immensely, there's a touch more realism (well, as realistic as things can get in a sci-fi-fantasy RPG set in outer space) to the surroundings, which is both a bonus and a slight negative in my eyes.

But gameplay, and just well.. I dunno, 'substance', PSU urinates all over its predeccessor. I still love it for what it was, but there's no going back anymore.

RamenEater
Sep 30, 2006, 08:22 PM
what is QFT?

Lovejuice
Sep 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
QFT = Quoted For Truth.

EDIT: Blargh, mech259 just made it obvious right there. D'oh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-30 18:27 ]</font>

mech259_
Sep 30, 2006, 08:24 PM

Quoted for truth

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mech259_ on 2006-09-30 18:24 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 30, 2006, 08:26 PM
I'd rather have PSO with PSU's mechanics.

Spellbinder
Sep 30, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-09-30 18:26, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

*strangles Blackwaltz* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AnamanaAU
Sep 30, 2006, 08:38 PM
On 2006-09-30 17:58, watashiwa wrote:
Most people were probably playing PSO because it's the only online game of it's kind.. but now we have another, much better and much more entertaining, game created by the same team of developers truly worthy of being called PSO's sequel!
The exact reason why I played PSO to death. There's too many Point & Click or semi Point & Click MMOs and Network RPGs out there. PSO is the one true action RPG MMO/Network RPG and now PSU has topped it.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-09-30 18:31, Spellbinder wrote:

On 2006-09-30 18:26, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

*strangles Blackwaltz* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

their was nothing wrong with PSO, it just never got significant updates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phaze37
Sep 30, 2006, 11:40 PM
I find it kind of funny that we have a depressing topic full of players saying how bored they are with the game, and then we have this topic full of players saying how great the game is. All I can say is: I hope this topic is right!

Zephyr_
Sep 30, 2006, 11:51 PM
There's only one thing I miss from PSO that isn't in PSU: Serk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Otherwise, PSU completely makes PSO inferior.

foamcup
Sep 30, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-09-30 21:40, Phaze37 wrote:
I find it kind of funny that we have a depressing topic full of players saying how bored they are with the game, and then we have this topic full of players saying how great the game is. All I can say is: I hope this topic is right!

This is the right one! Woot!

RoninJoku
Oct 1, 2006, 12:07 AM
hoo boy... I just downloaded BlueBurst for shits and giggles... Since I had never tried it and it was totally free to download/play for the first 2 weeks. And man... I'll just say it's been awhile since I've played PSO... And I couldn't bring myself to work past the third room of forest 1. Albeit, I was extremely uncomfortable with the controls on BB, and I needed to tweak my graphics settings for better latency, but still...

I'm sure there will always be things I like more from PSO, but until I play PSU I won't elaborate on those. Even though I can already see a few personal nitpickings about matters I haven't experienced looming.

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-09-30 22:07, RoninJoku wrote:
hoo boy... I just downloaded BlueBurst for shits and giggles... Since I had never tried it and it was totally free to download/play for the first 2 weeks. And man... I'll just say it's been awhile since I've played PSO... And I couldn't bring myself to work past the third room of forest 1. Albeit, I was extremely uncomfortable with the controls on BB, and I needed to tweak my graphics settings for better latency, but still...

I'm sure there will always be things I like more from PSO, but until I play PSU I won't elaborate on those. Even though I can already see a few personal nitpickings about matters I haven't experienced looming.

Blue Burst is the best of PSO, by far. You can set your controls in the options.

The EP4 stages were nice, but by the time you got to the crater interior, you started to notice how bad the popup and enemy draw distance was.

Kyuu
Oct 1, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-09-30 18:04, Lovejuice wrote:

... PSU urinates all over its predeccessor.
My favorite phrase in this thread.