PDA

View Full Version : XBox360: The Return of.. WORD SELECT?

watashiwa
Sep 30, 2006, 08:02 PM
As many of you know, the XBox360 version of PSU will be released in Japan around December, whereas the US/EU versions will be released earlier. (October for US, November for Europe)

I was trying to think of a reason the Japanese version is being delayed for almost 2 months after the US version's release.. I really couldn't think of any.. (Besides the fact that the 360 is more popular in the US than Japan..)

Then, well, I got to thinking.. maybe they're going to readd in Word Select for PSU? I mean, 'cuz releasing a JP version of the game on 360 just requires them to put back their JP text and voices... then call it a day.. but, perhaps they plan to work on readding Word Select for the 360 community? I mean, it'd make sense, right?

The servers are going to be internationally linked again.. perhaps during the 2 month delay of the JP release, they'll be working on new executables or new patch data for all three versions of the 360 game which will enable Word Select then push out the update for the US and EU versions shortly before the JP version is released.. (The JP release will already have word select data inside of it..)

I dunno.. I'm guessing! I think it'd be cool to see Word Select make it's return, really, and with the 360 servers being linked world wide, I think it'd only be appropriate.

AnamanaAU
Sep 30, 2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe there will be something similar to FFXI's system this time round? Seeing as there's no word select in the HUD.

watashiwa
Sep 30, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-09-30 18:06, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Seeing as there's no word select in the HUD.

That's the thing.. PSU features the ability to be updated to include whatever they want at will.. especially with the XBox360 version that doesn't have to be compatible with the PS2 or PC versions...

They can easily add anything they want to the menu system through patches. (Just like how they added the ability to select worlds before you log in to both the PS2 and PC version, which wasn't present in the original release..)

Anything's possible, bro.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 30, 2006, 08:12 PM
i habe sweet hax & dupes
> every1

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Lovejuice
Sep 30, 2006, 08:17 PM
I am almost certain that there's a really early developer interview somewhere that states that Word Select was going to return, so perhaps they still have the code and framework and things for it someplace. And, they must have had some plans for international linkage before the region-splitting decision was made for PS2 & PC, what with the earliest screenshots showing partner cards online with region labelling per ID.

I heart you Word Select. I hope it's in there somewhere. I take great pleasure in Bonsai Trees!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-30 18:20 ]</font>

Z-man
Sep 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA > EVERYBODY

darthplagis
Sep 30, 2006, 09:09 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking watashiwa, it would make sense if SEGA were to just patch the online version........who knows we may see language updates for more games if this happens, imagine that JP game released then a few months later an English language pack released for download to translate the game. that would rule.

fireant
Sep 30, 2006, 09:11 PM
I hope it comes back, I would never know what to do with out it.

On 2006-09-30 18:12, CpwninOBrien wrote:
i habe sweet hax & dupes
> every1

Please use word select >CpwinOBrien

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Sep 30, 2006, 10:21 PM
i habe sweet hax & dupes
> every1

Can you come again when you have more experience?
>CpwninOBrien.

Anywhoosh, I would really love it if they brought it back... I dont know how to talk to people without it =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Non-Toxic-Crayons on 2006-09-30 20:28 ]</font>

Kalbelgarion
Sep 30, 2006, 10:31 PM
Dark Falz is FOOL!
>Everybody

Misaki Ki
Sep 30, 2006, 11:42 PM
Just because a weapon's
strong doesn't make it the
best. You have to pay attention
to its attributes, too.
> Everyone

Link00seven
Oct 1, 2006, 12:28 AM
ELEMENT ELEMENT ELEMENT
>Link00seven

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2006, 12:30 AM
Please remove the trap, like Oceania>
Cpwninobrien

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 12:50 AM
I have been to russia?
>Everybody?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JubeiSaotome on 2006-09-30 22:50 ]</font>

Miphesto
Oct 1, 2006, 12:59 AM
XxSSJTrunksxX, You have great experience in, BONSAI TREES.

StanleyPain
Oct 1, 2006, 01:16 AM
HELP I AM BEING ASSAULTED BY....RAG RAPPY.

djcatskratch
Oct 1, 2006, 02:51 AM
I take pleasure in SCUBA DIVING >Everybody

Oh yeah, my fave was when you played C-Mode and it had special Word Selects just for it and one was something about finding a Healing Ring and then you could say "The power! It FLOWS through me!" That was the best. I really hope Word Select returns on the 360 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djcatskratch on 2006-10-01 00:52 ]</font>

krika
Oct 1, 2006, 06:11 AM
On 2006-09-30 19:11, fireant wrote:
I hope it comes back, I would never know what to do with out it.

i habe sweet hax & dupes
> every1

Please use word select >CpwinOBrien

Use babelfish < every1