PDA

View Full Version : ps2 or x360 ?

Phantom42
Sep 30, 2006, 10:26 PM
do you think more people will play PSU online on ps2 or 360 ?

Darijuana
Sep 30, 2006, 10:32 PM
At the moment the PC/PS2 community seems to be about the same size as 360 community. That's just my opinion from what I've seen so far.

happy_peanut
Sep 30, 2006, 10:36 PM
ima say PS2/PC seeing as alot of Online games on Xbox360 some ppl cant connect to others?! n yes I have a 360 n play DoA online so i know what meh saying but im sure once it is released more will buy the 360 one but PC/PS2 im pretty sure will dominate

hutang
Sep 30, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-09-30 20:26, Phantom42 wrote:

This has really been nagging me for the last 2 days. I'd like to get it on the system that will last the longest and give the best experience, but I'm just clueless as to how it will all pan out in the end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

foamcup
Sep 30, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-09-30 20:42, hutang wrote:

On 2006-09-30 20:26, Phantom42 wrote:

This has really been nagging me for the last 2 days. I'd like to get it on the system that will last the longest and give the best experience, but I'm just clueless as to how it will all pan out in the end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

People still play the Dreamcast versions, so get whichever one you want, lol.

Chaobo99
Sep 30, 2006, 10:47 PM
he didnt say ps2 and pC he said PC only..so I say xbox 360 would have more..lol..I actually don't know.

McLaughlin
Sep 30, 2006, 11:12 PM
Actually, he said PS2 or Xbox 360, so one could assume his PC isn't a viable option.

Judging by the numerous polls on this board, the populations seem to be about the same size. However, speculation beyond these polls would be inaccurate due to the large number of people planning on buying this game that don't visit this site. With this is mind, I would assume that the PS2 would have more people, simply because it's linked with the PC servers. Essentially it's 2 communities in 1. Although, the Xbox 360 should have more than enough people to support the game, so just buy whichever one you please.

Melaphont
Sep 30, 2006, 11:16 PM
In my experiance with online games(I've been a fan since Xban) PC gamers typically support a game the longest, f I wasnt getting it for the PC I would get it for the PS2, you cant deny the stupid mount of people that own a PS2 vs a Xbox 360.

Earthsunderer
Sep 30, 2006, 11:24 PM
Zeta is right. Seeing as the X-Box 360 is successfull in the western hemisphere, there is quite largely a big chance that the X-Box 360 community will be as healthy as the PS 2/PC community. Even if the prejudices about most X-Box 360 western user not being the type to play a RPG were true, I am sure that there will still be enough people to support this game.

Now, it would be different if you were asking this on a japanese board, as japanese X-Box 360 players must be rare as diamonds found in my fridge...

However, one must also consider that perhaps SEGA might be lazy to update content and server maintenance regarding the western game servers, and I do believe that even then, they are going to neglect the X-Box 360 more than the PS 2/PC version.

But that's just a guess...

xzeekzx
Oct 1, 2006, 12:50 AM
If it is true that PSU will be compatible with the PS3, then i say PS2 if you are looking for longest lasting comunity in all honesty. I say that because it is connected to the PC world, and also those who will be getting a PS3 who own PSU for PS2 will keep playing it reguardless. Seems like too awesome of a game. I don't know what system i'll be getting that is next gen, but i'm going to wait and keep playing my good ole' PS2 until either prices drop, or i'm sure of what i want lol. Anyways, just do what you will enjoy the most and don't think about it too much, chose the best descision for you, not the best one out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SLA7E
Oct 1, 2006, 12:55 AM
There are a lot of 360 people excited for this game and from what ive seen on here its a pretty good balance, really just get what you see fit.

Phaze37
Oct 1, 2006, 01:08 AM
You can't go wrong either way.

darthplagis
Oct 1, 2006, 01:16 AM
well im getting the EU 360 one cos my JP PS2 one just manages to run smoothly and i know the 360 WILL be to handle multi player with out slowdown and smoother graphics, as for content SEGA are great with the 360 so far so i cant see updates/content being neglected for it and i can put on whatever music i want in the background so i can have digi surround AND my who, small faces,funkadelic and sly stone whatever takes me.

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2006, 01:21 AM
XBOX360 IS THE WORST SNOWBOARDING SYSTEM EVER!

RuneLateralus
Oct 1, 2006, 01:25 AM
Due to lack of Widescreen and Progressive support for the PS2, it will be 360 for me.

darthplagis
Oct 1, 2006, 01:29 AM
AC9breaker what do you mean amped 3 is fun..... for 5 mins

Jinto117
Oct 1, 2006, 01:34 AM
It's the strangest thing but after being set on the PC version for so long I've decided to go with the 360 version. A number of things come into play that make my decision. For one, my two brothers also like PSO/PSU. But I'm the only one with a PC powerful enough to handle it. If I went with the PC version we couldn't play online together. Second, we all have our own 360's. That way we could talk and enjoy the game together (especially with the new wireless headset that Microsoft will be releasing). And lastly, I'd rather enjoy playing PSU on my widescreen HDTV rather then my 4:3 monitor. I'm confident enough that the Xbox 360 community will be just fine.

P.S. Is it true that your Xbox 360 gamertag has to be your characters name?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2006-09-30 23:38 ]</font>

StanleyPain
Oct 1, 2006, 02:01 AM
Me, personally, I want the 360 version because of two key reasons: I'm already set up with Xbox Live with the 360 and it runs really well on my network, but also the hi-def widescreen support. I have a widescreen HD tv and might as well get the best out of it, plus just looking at the JP screenshots of the 360 version, it opens up the screen so much. The HUD and the visual-chat is over a little more to each side, so the main visuals are a bit more dominant.

Ryogen
Oct 1, 2006, 02:58 AM
360 would be larger.

phunk
Oct 1, 2006, 03:08 AM
I'm already spoiled by the next gen, so its all 360 here (until Win.Vista comes out).

prismsub5
Oct 1, 2006, 06:43 AM
On 2006-09-30 23:21, AC9breaker wrote:
XBOX360 IS THE WORST SNOWBOARDING SYSTEM EVER!

I hate people using console systems in replacement for snowboards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Bleach
Oct 1, 2006, 08:36 AM
I am choosing the 360 version only because its the cheapest route for me right now.

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 08:54 AM
PS2 & PC will have more users. Seeing as they've both been around longer than the 360 system. Meaning, more people own them.

hutang
Oct 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
On 2006-10-01 06:54, JubeiSaotome wrote:
PS2 & PC will have more users. Seeing as they've both been around longer than the 360 system. Meaning, more people own them.

Consider long term tho.. in 2 years how many people do you think will still be playing ps2 versus the amount of people playing xbx360? Also I think the PC turnout will be fairly weak. PSU is really a console game, and I think most pc gamers will stick to the likes of WOW.

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 09:15 AM
Long term, people with PCs will be able to make it look better than on the 360, based on hardware upgrades in future. It may be designed as a console game, but PC's are flexible in their hardware and the controller you use for it.

Link00seven
Oct 1, 2006, 09:20 AM
You'll see me on the Xbox 360 version. I don't own a PS2 and my PC sucks, and even then I just really like my 360.

TheStoicOne
Oct 1, 2006, 09:28 AM
Just pick which ever one is better for you. These types of topics start e-arguments.

LegacyOfMieu
Oct 1, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yay X360! Well, I hope that the community is just the right size and it seems that we will get to set the economy unlike another MMO I remember (FFXI >.<), because we get the game first for once. We got so played by the JP gamers in the early days of that game ~_~.

Blenjar
Oct 1, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-09-30 23:25, RuneLateralus wrote:
Due to lack of Widescreen and Progressive support for the PS2, it will be 360 for me.

+1

Mazoku
Oct 1, 2006, 10:40 AM

This can't be true...right? It better not be.

---

Xx3of19xX
Oct 1, 2006, 10:56 AM
Just because there are more PS2/PC owners out there doesn't mean the 360 versio will have a much smaller community.
360 players have less games to choose from at the moment as the system is still relatively new. On that platform there is less competetion in the form of games like Final Fantasy XII or World of Warcraft. FFXI is pretty much all there is in the same vein.

McLaughlin
Oct 1, 2006, 11:02 AM
On 2006-09-30 23:34, Jinto117 wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2006-09-30 23:38 ]</font>

No. Your characters are saved to your Gamertag, so if you wanted to use them at a friend's house (for whatever reason >_>) you'd need to bring your Gamertag along for the ride.

Jarel
Oct 1, 2006, 12:16 PM
360 here. Just because of achievements. They have to. Achievements are soo STINKIN' addictive!
Also for some reason I just don't like playing on my PS2. Weird huh?
I think it's a controller issue.....or just plain ole' brain damage. Either way!

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 12:28 PM
On 2006-10-01 10:16, Jarel wrote:
360 here. Just because of achievements. They have to. Achievements are soo STINKIN' addictive!

QFT.
I constantly play Geometry Wars for the friggin "Survive for 250,000 Points" one, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

StanleyPain
Oct 1, 2006, 12:49 PM
Sometimes Achivements are an afterthought, though...with PSU they might be kind of lame, but here's hoping they're at least interesting watermarks of your trip through the game.

I'm guessing some of them will be things like "Reached Level 10"..."Reached level 20" and probably mostly offline story mode stuff for beating bosses and such.

watashiwa
Oct 1, 2006, 01:22 PM
I'm highly considering the XBox360 version as my primary platform.. I'm going to get the PC version as well, but I don't know which one I will be on more.

XBox360 has a lot of pluses going for it:

- Widescreen support
- Internationally linked servers
- Voice chat
- 720P output
- My own wishes of WORD SELECT in the future. ;(

The PC version just has (well, for me):

- The ability to play with PS2 users
- "Probably" easier screenshot method than XBox360.

.. and that's it.

The biggest thing for me is the widescreen support, since ALL of my display devices are widescreen now. My PC monitor and my HDTV... I can't run PSU fullscreen on my PC monitor or HDTV without some aspect ratio fuckery.

I've never played a PSO/PSU game with voice chat either, so I'm kind of anxious for that

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll be on the XBox360 version most of all.

VioletSkye
Oct 1, 2006, 01:47 PM
On 2006-10-01 11:22, watashiwa wrote:
I'm highly considering the XBox360 version as my primary platform.. I'm going to get the PC version as well, but I don't know which one I will be on more.

- Widescreen support
- Voice chat
- 720P output

.. and that's it.

The biggest thing for me is the widescreen support, since ALL of my display devices are widescreen now. My PC monitor and my HDTV... I can't run PSU fullscreen on my PC monitor or HDTV without some aspect ratio fuckery.

I've never played a PSO/PSU game with voice chat either, so I'm kind of anxious for that

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll be on the XBox360 version most of all.

Heh since the beginning I have been saying I'll be on the PC version also but lately the XBox 360 version is looking better and better. I've got a really nice widescreen and although I don't have alot of interest in current 360 games, I see a few coming soon (BioShock anyone?) that definitely got my attention. I'm seriously considering a move to the 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jinto117
Oct 2, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-10-01 11:47, VioletSkye wrote:

On 2006-10-01 11:22, watashiwa wrote:

- Widescreen support
- Voice chat
- 720P output

.. and that's it.

Heh since the beginning I have been saying I'll be on the PC version also but lately the XBox 360 version is looking better and better. I've got a really nice widescreen and although I don't have alot of interest in current 360 games, I see a few coming soon (BioShock anyone?) that definitely got my attention. I'm seriously considering a move to the 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I know what the hell is wrong with us? So many of us were shooting for the PC version but as you said the 360 version just keeps looking better and better. I believe it's ultimitley due to the widescreen and internationly linked servers to be honest.

Natrokos
Oct 2, 2006, 02:22 PM
I got to 3,000ish then my profile got corrupted magically and I lost all my saved games (I could still copy my saved games and put them on another profile) But I can't load the profile....It makes no sense how it got corrupted....At any rate I don't give a sh*t about gamerscore anymore. Doesn't do anything anyway.

Zarbolord
Oct 2, 2006, 02:23 PM
Play PS2 so you can play with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 03:15 PM
PS2 so you can play with the older PC crowd.

Valkayree
Oct 2, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-10-01 10:28, Tystys wrote:

QFT.
I constantly play Geometry Wars for the friggin "Survive for 250,000 Points" one, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Lol, I was in private chat with my friend FlukyScurve when he broke into the top 10 on geometry wars. Took him all day. The same guy also got 100 wins survival and team survival in DoA. I really don't know how he does it, I'm pretty sure he's a gaming guru.

On 2006-10-01 10:49, StanleyPain wrote:
Sometimes Achivements are an afterthought, though...with PSU they might be kind of lame, but here's hoping they're at least interesting watermarks of your trip through the game.

I'm guessing some of them will be things like "Reached Level 10"..."Reached level 20" and probably mostly offline story mode stuff for beating bosses and such.

The ones for FFXI are so unbalanced. It is impossible to get them all. I think the top person in the world has a little over 550/1000. Check this out...

FFXI - 50 points - Reach level 75 with XXXX character

Madden 06 - 100 points - Throw for 300 yards in a single game.

My point values may be slightly off, but I know the madden achievement is definitely higher in value than the FFXI one. That's why the achievement point total means nothing to me, especially with garbage like the game save cheat devices that are out.

Personally, I play to get achievements like my most recent "Complete all activities in Stillwater".

On 2006-10-02 12:06, Jinto117 wrote:

I know what the hell is wrong with us? So many of us were shooting for the PC version but as you said the 360 version just keeps looking better and better. I believe it's ultimitley due to the widescreen and internationly linked servers to be honest.

*coughvoicechatcough*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-10-02 14:44 ]</font>

Mikedot
Oct 2, 2006, 04:48 PM
Get it on whatever system you want.

I'll be getting it on the PS2

James2006
Oct 2, 2006, 06:44 PM
Voice chat should be a major plus - 360 for me

Inspektahdek
Oct 2, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-09-30 22:50, xzeekzx wrote:
If it is true that PSU will be compatible with the PS3, then i say PS2 if you are looking for longest lasting comunity in all honesty. I say that because it is connected to the PC world, and also those who will be getting a PS3 who own PSU for PS2 will keep playing it reguardless. Seems like too awesome of a game. I don't know what system i'll be getting that is next gen, but i'm going to wait and keep playing my good ole' PS2 until either prices drop, or i'm sure of what i want lol. Anyways, just do what you will enjoy the most and don't think about it too much, chose the best descision for you, not the best one out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Good points made... Get whatever suits you better and if you decide to get PS3 later on and have not chosen your next gen console then it should be backwards compatible. I was going to buy aa 360 almost just for PSU because I only saw a few games at the time of the 360 psu announcement that I wanted to play. I'm definitely getting a ps3 and possibly just possibly might get a 360 at some point. Microsoft definitely lost a sale from me for three main reasons:

1. PSU on 360 isn't being released at the same time as its counterparts. (PS2/PC and my PC runs the bootleg JP version well)

2. Servers are segregated from other systems making X360 PSU proprietary to just playing with other PSU players on 360.

3. VOICECHAT: Some like it, I hate it. I'd much rather type instead of having to hear a bunch of little kids run around screaming while holding on to their cheetos and ritalin, so ermm, ill pass. The ratio of a mature player to bastard kid would be to low to intrigue me to this feature.

thats it, just my opinion

watashiwa
Oct 2, 2006, 09:34 PM
On 2006-10-02 17:06, Inspektahdek wrote:

1. PSU on 360 isn't being released at the same time as its counterparts. (PS2/PC and my PC runs the bootleg JP version well)

You're wrong about this one. It's 10/24 for ALL versions of PSU in the US.

Go check the official website yourself.

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 09:50 PM
Shoot, check the front page of THIS site.

Jarel
Oct 2, 2006, 09:51 PM
Alas, the achievement system is a tad broken but I only view it on a game by game situation. It's a record of my journey and accomplishments. I have the madden Achievments, before I realized how cheap it was, and I am not proud of those.

Hopefully PSU will find the happy place in between Madden and FFXI.

Magician
Oct 3, 2006, 09:03 AM
Also for some reason I just don't like playing on my PS2. Weird huh?
I think it's a controller issue.....or just plain ole' brain damage. Either way!

QFT

Preach on, brother, preach on.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
if i had 2 pick itd be PS2 because i wont have a 360 till halo3/halo wars

Inspektahdek
Oct 3, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-10-02 19:34, watashiwa wrote:

On 2006-10-02 17:06, Inspektahdek wrote:

You're wrong about this one. It's 10/24 for ALL versions of PSU in the US.

Go check the official website yourself.

my mistake and I stand corrected: Haven't checked the news regarding that in a while and I thought it was officially static as I stated. My mistake thanks for the heads up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nuclearranger
Oct 3, 2006, 03:02 PM
Ps2 and PC will be larger for a few reasons....

1. PS2 has alot of people.
2. PC has alot of people.
3. 360 is new and not many have one.... plus in my opinion people with a 360 like FPS and not RPG (not all though)
4. Who is going to play PSU when the new FPS or new awsome game with ubar graphics comes out on the 360?

McLaughlin
Oct 3, 2006, 03:40 PM
Have fun with your population-induced lag. And alot of people who own an Xbox 360 love RPGs. Don't stereotype us.

Scirrocco
Oct 3, 2006, 03:59 PM
Getting it on PC. The deciding factor was that i don't have a 360. That might change, since some of my friends are talking about getting it on 360 (and the 360's to play them on), and really the reason i want this game is to be able to play with friends. We haven't played online together in a long time.

Oji_Retta
Oct 3, 2006, 04:20 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:40, Zeta wrote:
Have fun with your population-induced lag. And alot of people who own an Xbox 360 love RPGs. Don't stereotype us.

Read whats in the ()s next time. The poster said "(not all though)". Read man, read.

Ryno
Oct 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
360 but when PS3 comes out the system will be better than the 360 ... but so far right now to me 360 is the best

Earthsunderer
Oct 3, 2006, 04:55 PM
I'm going to get in on the PC, because all my friends are going to have it on PC/PS 2 either.

-Crokar-
Oct 3, 2006, 05:01 PM
the ps3 isnt gonna be better than the 360. i will be playing the 360 version because i like voice chat. its fast and easy and you dont have to stop atacking to talk to your team.

Jinto117
Oct 3, 2006, 06:07 PM
3. VOICECHAT: Some like it, I hate it. I'd much rather type instead of having to hear a bunch of little kids run around screaming while holding on to their cheetos and ritalin, so ermm, ill pass. The ratio of a mature player to bastard kid would be to low to intrigue me to this feature.

thats it, just my opinion

Okay about that. I understand what a lot of you mean by little 12 year olds on ritalin, believe me I've played my fair share of Halo 2. However, PSU does not strike me as a game where you will find a bunch of little kid noobs everywhere. As much as everyone of us on this site loves our precious PSU, it just doesn't have the popularity as something like Halo 3 will. Thus it should have little to zero noob 12 year olds at all.

I expect to be playing the 360 version with many intelligent "true fans" such the people on these here message boards.

ShinMaruku
Oct 3, 2006, 06:12 PM
PS3 soley because I can, I have to see how the upscaling will do anything (I don't expect much)
that and tis a test of how this things network system is too on Onlne RPGs.

ajgambino
Oct 4, 2006, 02:48 AM
I believe PC/PS2 will overpopulate the 360 by a large margin. Mainly because there's a crap load of PS2 users out there. The PC has been a huge gaming machine for quite some time now. The 360 just came out, and even though a lot were selling, it's still not that much compared to PC or the PS2. That, and you have the PC and the PS2 combined...you can't possibly think that the 360 will even be close to the number of users for the 2 strong communities. I own a 360, but much rather have it for PC for sheer amount of players going to be online.

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 02:50 AM
On 2006-10-04 00:48, ajgambino wrote:
I believe PC/PS2 will overpopulate the 360 by a large margin. Mainly because there's a crap load of PS2 users out there. The PC has been a huge gaming machine for quite some time now. The 360 just came out, and even though a lot were selling, it's still not that much compared to PC or the PS2. That, and you have the PC and the PS2 combined...you can't possibly think that the 360 will even be close to the number of users for the 2 strong communities. I own a 360, but much rather have it for PC for sheer amount of players going to be online.

Indeed, it's stupid to think that people assume that because 360 is a newer system, more people will play with that.

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 02:57 AM
The endless battle.

I retire from this..

PSU is PSU, just be happy its being released.

AndyPandy
Oct 4, 2006, 03:41 AM
I just see PSU 360 the easy choice for me.

Your going to get improved HD graphics, which can be run on a really big flat screen TV which will look awesome.

Your going to get Dolby Digital Sound, which will be amazing through a good HiFi system.

You have imediate access to voice comms, no messing around downloading additional software like with the PC, plus pretty much everyone is on it.

Also a big plus for the 360 versions is the functionality of it been integrated with your XBOX Live friends list.

Its just the best choice for me personally.

FrogKicker
Oct 4, 2006, 06:58 AM
Sadly I have to buy it twice. One for the PC and one for the 360.

You see I have two friends who are best friends. You would figure they would both get it on the same system but nooooooo. One is getting it for the PC and the other is getting it for the 360. Weirdest best friends ever.....

Anywho, does it really matter what system you get it on? I have been waiting for PSU for years...hell...they could release it on a friggen Tandy and I would be happy...ok maybe not...

krayzie
Oct 4, 2006, 08:21 AM
at first i was going to get this for the PC but after i seen that the 360 ver is coming out to i went to it, it might not have a lot of people but i really don't give a damn because i will more likely be playing with my friends then with people i don't know, and don't care if the PC/PS2 has a more populated ver.

TonyC
Oct 4, 2006, 05:25 PM
Well the way I see it all the systems will have plenty of players on them to play with. The thing that you have to ask yourself is what system is right for you. Do you have a ps2 xbox 360, or a pc. I personally have a computer and a xbox 360 so it is going to be one of those and since my computer is definatly not up to par im going to get it for the xbox 360. Although the player base is more than likely going to be larger on the pc/ps2 since they are sharing servers. I wish the 360 also shared servers with them but on the brighter side of things I no longer have to get a keyboard for the 360 = )