PDA

View Full Version : Fastest ways to make meseta early on?

Shazbot
Sep 30, 2006, 11:30 PM
So I've been playing PSU online a bit and I've come to realize that Meseta makes the world go 'round--at least for me it does. So can anybody help me out here. I basically need some ideas for earning meseta. I'm level 15, haven't fed my mag once, and have about 12,000 from hours of mooching off higher level games. I can't help but feel everybody knows how to make money except me.

Here's the dilemma as it plays out in my head:

Napolean Dynamite: I want cool weapons and stuff

Pedro: The coolest weapons and stuff are found on higher difficulty levels

Napolean: Dang, then I need EXP fast so I can play the higher difficulty levels!

Pedro: The best EXP comes from killing stronger enemies.

Napolean: Dang, then I need stronger (uncool) weapons to help me take down the strongest enemies allowed.

Pedro: Stronger (uncool) weapons cost money. You can buy them from the store.

Napolean: Crap. It just took me 5 hours to save up enough to buy that 8600 meseta staff. Too flippen expensive .

Pedro: You can synthesize weapons for cheaper.

Napolean: Okay. But even if I do get the ingredients, it only has a 59% chance of succeeding.

Pedro: If you feed your Partner Machinery and raise its level, the percentage will increase.

Napolean: Neat. I'm gonna raise it's DEX so I can make some sweet guns. What should I feed it?

Pedro: Feed it traps. They cost 100 meseta at the store.

Napolean: Whoa. I need over 300 traps just to get my PM to level 20? Where the heck am I gonna get 30,000 meseta?

Pedro: *runs away*

Arrow203
Sep 30, 2006, 11:45 PM
LOL that about sums it up

foamcup
Sep 30, 2006, 11:49 PM
LMAO

I just watch that movie again today, that's great.

You could make a bunch of extra characters, un-equip their clothes and then sell the clothes.

EDIT: I'm saving up for claws that cost 480k on extra mode. Just 100k to go! I'm not messing around with synth in a language I can barely read, lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2006-09-30 21:51 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Sep 30, 2006, 11:49 PM
ummm solo runs take about 30mins and you get 1-3k every run even at the lower lvls.

darthplagis
Oct 1, 2006, 01:36 AM
im with foamcup if you are online, cast males have a 6/7 star costume (power ranger one) and they sell pretty nice. but just playing is probably best as you get items anyway (parum is great kill vahras till you get a vahra nail (icon is like a mag) then go to relics and find some kubara wood from boxes (its rare 7* so may take awhile @ lower levels) then buy the board from the synth shop with the vahra nail on the list and you should have all the items by doing levels anyway, synth the item to get twin claws made from varahs arms!!!)

happy_peanut
Oct 1, 2006, 01:57 AM
Anyone know if online if theres a limit to how many times u can make n save over an old char or delete n make a new one >< cause i wanna be a force but am gonna need a cane or staff n a tech right away lol

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2006, 02:03 AM
There is no limit to making/deleting characters online. But you'd be better off just playing the game since it seems like you would waste more time doing the a forementioned method plus, it sounds really boring and tedious. But if your planning on being a force, you should roll as a newmen. I believe all newmen by default are set on force and come with a Cane and 1 spell already learned. Foie I think? I don't know, not into magic stuff much.

Tycho
Oct 1, 2006, 02:04 AM
- Spam C-rank Misssions
- Get good ranks at them

happy_peanut
Oct 1, 2006, 02:05 AM
ima be a cute lil newman n i just wanna have techs n not be all squishy at low level for missions

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 02:38 AM
Just make a female character and dance in your underwear. Easiest way to get money on an online game.

happy_peanut
Oct 1, 2006, 02:42 AM
>< guys do that to female characters ={ im not gonna do that

foamcup
Oct 1, 2006, 02:43 AM
On 2006-10-01 00:38, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Just make a female character and dance in your underwear. Easiest way to get money on an online game.

Hell yes.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SoujiSeta
Oct 1, 2006, 02:44 AM

Will do. Would a loli char get me more $$?

happy_peanut
Oct 1, 2006, 02:45 AM
Loli?

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-10-01 00:44, SoujiSeta wrote:

Will do. Would a loli char get me more $$?
Maybe if the majority of PSU's population browse /b/.

On 2006-10-01 00:45, happy_peanut wrote:
Loli?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon

Arias
Oct 1, 2006, 03:32 AM
You really made me laugh Shazbot, but that about sums it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And errrr, stupid question: the Yellow squar-ish thingies on the floor when you kill an enemy, is that meseta?

Alisha
Oct 1, 2006, 04:07 AM
1-3k per run is extremely sad when some clothing options cost upwards of 20k =/

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 04:30 AM
On 2006-10-01 02:07, Alisha wrote:
1-3k per run is extremely sad when some clothing options cost upwards of 20k =/

Remember there's a cap and moatoob is not yet released. It will change.

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2006, 04:56 AM
Its not really that bad. Before I hit level 20 I had like 21k burning a hole in my pocket and I already had all the the 3 star weps I needed. not to add that A had a bunch of crafting materials that I could have sold that would have easily put me over 30k.

Ether
Oct 1, 2006, 05:11 AM
On 2006-10-01 02:30, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Remember there's a cap and moatoob is not yet released. It will change.

Yeah, Sega will realize 20k is too cheap and make the new clothes 100k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

happy_peanut
Oct 1, 2006, 05:12 AM
do they really do that stuff in Phantasy Star games? this game sounds bad each day likes its gonna be mega hard

Zarbolord
Oct 1, 2006, 05:36 AM
And concentrate on your PM. If you want to 'solo' easily, the PM will help as much as the NPC that you can add. They will help you throught the mission, but you get all the stuff as if you were solo. That's a way to get a good rank and to swipe all the objects you find, so you get more meseta.

Zael
Oct 1, 2006, 06:04 AM
On 2006-10-01 00:43, foamcup wrote:

Hell yes.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sweet. Now I gotta try it

Sexy_Raine
Oct 1, 2006, 07:03 AM

The things people do for money. LOL.

AnamanaAU
Oct 1, 2006, 07:10 AM
On 2006-10-01 05:03, Sexy_Raine wrote:

The things people do for money. LOL.

The things stupid people do to see a 3D model cycle through an animation. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rizen
Oct 1, 2006, 07:26 AM
C'mon guys...don't be so down. Some of you people (the ones that dont have it) are getting discouraged waaay too fast. In any game, people want fast money, but dont want to work that hard to get it. I kinda like the fact that meseta wont be so easy to get; it makes getting you want so much more satisfying when you get it.
In my theory (dont quote me here, just thinking aloud), this is a way of prevent a "godly" like character early on, meaning having top notch weapons and all skills at a very low leveling. If I am correct, meseta will stay par with the character's level, meaning as you get higher, you can obtain things a bit easier. Another thing I think is the fact that meseta making will be a bit harder than the other PSOs, it will push players to other elements of the game like crafting and caring for PMs.
Also when you think about it, you know majority of the time you going to be running missions none stop or selling stuff on your shop, and/or crafting so Im pretty sure money making won't be all that bad. And another thing, I'm pretty sure alot of you are going to have a group of friends who are going to be playing with, so you could pretty work together to help one another get what they want.

Also, your characters looks, meaning the clothes you buy, would reflect your characters level and rank(maybe)? Honestly, would you want someone that is lower than you to look better and have more expensive clothes than you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-01 05:34 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 1, 2006, 07:54 AM
Im so glad clothes don't have level requirements.

ppl just need the money or receive it as a gift/trade and they can wear it anytime. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kazzi
Oct 1, 2006, 08:14 AM
Use psychology to get money! Dont purposely pay attention to your meseta. Work on leveling yourself, having a good time, doing the usual. Pick up all your drops, maybe do a bit of soloing. As long as you ignore your money but make sure to actually be doing something that earns it, you'll have your amount in no time.

I remember having 1k and then 3 hours later having 200k without even noticing~

Saner
Oct 1, 2006, 08:19 AM
On 2006-10-01 06:14, Kazzi wrote:
Use psychology to get money! Dont purposely pay attention to your meseta. Work on leveling yourself, having a good time, doing the usual. Pick up all your drops, maybe do a bit of soloing. As long as you ignore your money but make sure to actually be doing something that earns it, you'll have your amount in no time.

I remember having 1k and then 3 hours later having 200k without even noticing~

that's good advice. it's not like you even need to upgrade equipment much to handle waves of monsters anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kazzi
Oct 1, 2006, 08:53 AM
On 2006-10-01 06:19, Saner wrote:
that's good advice. it's not like you even need to upgrade equipment much to handle waves of monsters anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

XD if you got a good party no you wont need to. But i aint saying that you dont need to spend. To save you have to spend O_o; which is ironic..

SoujiSeta
Oct 1, 2006, 08:59 AM
I only have 12k after playing for 3 hours and I'm still killing Dora A for $$ ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoujiSeta on 2006-10-01 06:59 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Oct 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
Cant possibly be as bad as earning gil in ffxi. I'm glad I'm @ endgame, and most of the stuff I need are rares that you can't buy.

Ryoten
Oct 1, 2006, 11:02 AM
Become an high level mercenary & charge people for your services. That or sell your soul to the highest bidder. lol.

sulfate
Oct 1, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-09-30 21:30, Shazbot wrote:
So I've been playing PSU online a bit and I've come to realize that Meseta makes the world go 'round--at least for me it does. So can anybody help me out here. I basically need some ideas for earning meseta. I'm level 15, haven't fed my mag once, and have about 12,000 from hours of mooching off higher level games. I can't help but feel everybody knows how to make money except me.

Here's the dilemma as it plays out in my head:

Napolean Dynamite: I want cool weapons and stuff

Pedro: The coolest weapons and stuff are found on higher difficulty levels

Napolean: Dang, then I need EXP fast so I can play the higher difficulty levels!

Pedro: The best EXP comes from killing stronger enemies.

Napolean: Dang, then I need stronger (uncool) weapons to help me take down the strongest enemies allowed.

Pedro: Stronger (uncool) weapons cost money. You can buy them from the store.

Napolean: Crap. It just took me 5 hours to save up enough to buy that 8600 meseta staff. Too flippen expensive .

Pedro: You can synthesize weapons for cheaper.

Napolean: Okay. But even if I do get the ingredients, it only has a 59% chance of succeeding.

Pedro: If you feed your Partner Machinery and raise its level, the percentage will increase.

Napolean: Neat. I'm gonna raise it's DEX so I can make some sweet guns. What should I feed it?

Pedro: Feed it traps. They cost 100 meseta at the store.

Napolean: Whoa. I need over 300 traps just to get my PM to level 20? Where the heck am I gonna get 30,000 meseta?

Pedro: *runs away*

believe it or not...i know pedro in real life...his name is efran and he also has a twin brother.....

he used to have a band, i would help promote for it.....im not lying, lol