PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy multiplayer preview, like the game but still complai

Saner
Oct 1, 2006, 07:20 AM
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/phantasy-star-universe/736615p1.html

FF11 has a separate fee from Live Gold, and they act like a fee for PSU, separate from Live Gold, is out of the ordinary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hmmm maybe if they took the time to understand why it has its own fee they would avoid looking like morons. But they are too busy thinking about themselves to care about the work and money needed to maintain the servers and stuff.

alas there will be no end to the ungrateful and cheap Xbox360 Gold subscribers who complain about the fee. but I don't think this will hurt Xbox360's PSU community population. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LegacyOfMieu
Oct 1, 2006, 07:53 AM
I really don't understand all this hatred of fees... Sega is a company and companies like money. Not only that, they deserve it, in my eyes, for making such a great game. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long long time.

physic
Oct 1, 2006, 07:59 AM
i think thier beef is box presents the live fee as all encompassing, but most developers arent gonna give up thier revenue just for the privledge of being xbox, if that was the case i wouldnt bother making it for xbox myself

prismsub5
Oct 1, 2006, 08:17 AM
On 2006-10-01 05:53, LegacyOfMieu wrote:
I really don't understand all this hatred of fees... Sega is a company and companies like money. Not only that, they deserve it, in my eyes, for making such a great game. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long long time.

They could make the game 240dollar instead of fees http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

hutang
Oct 1, 2006, 09:01 AM
Personally I think the fee is justified only if we get fairly regular updates to the game the way WOW does. If we pay 15$ a month and get 2 new things a year, it seems borderline greedy on sega's part.

Ultimately tho, 15$ is an hour of work. If you can't pay an hours wage for a month of pure entertainment you need to go drown yourself.. quickly.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 1, 2006, 09:46 AM
Fee is gonna be more like 10$ than 15 btw...

Rahbzig
Oct 1, 2006, 10:13 AM
I believe that Silver is the only required membership for the online games (other than Live games) and that is free. So, I am not sure why some people are concerned about paying the Gold/Live fee and the Hunters fee. They really don't have to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rahbzig on 2006-10-01 08:16 ]</font>

Tahldon
Oct 1, 2006, 10:23 AM
It's known across the world that everyone likes things to come free. But when it's free, you get what you pay for 'lemon goods'.

Like Saner said it'd filter out the morons of the PSU community, surely people wouldn't -pay- to just be stupid and bother people online or whatever.

I understand that some gamers (mostly younger teens) don't really have a source of income and can't really afford to play PSU when they'd really like to, but hey. That's life.

I'd rather pay for fees on a great game and have it maintained rather than not pay fees and have some kind of situation what which like PSO went through. Know what I mean?

Blenjar
Oct 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
I tho it was like 9 bux...wtf 15 is a lot man.

Ryogen
Oct 1, 2006, 10:38 AM
This is why you shouldn't gear towards reading reviews from game sites. They don't have to care about it at all to review it.

Saner
Oct 1, 2006, 02:46 PM
isn't it 15 the first month and like 9.99 every month after that?

it's definitely not going to be $15 a month unless gamespy isn't mistaken.

Cross
Oct 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
That is more or less how most people (if you have trouble with this, pretend I said 'people who aren't already Phantasy Star fans') are going to see the game. It's a pretty reasonable response unless Sega manages to crank out more new content monthly than 95% of the online RPG market.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 04:06 PM
The main reason people are hating on fees for PSU is because essentially it's a dungeon crawler. People keep thinking that maybe SEGA will change their ways and make this dungeon crawler actually free! Than they hit their heads hard on the cold relization of the truth....that NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE, O_O

Zinger314
Oct 1, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-10-01 08:23, Tahldon wrote:
It's known across the world that everyone likes things to come free. But when it's free, you get what you pay for 'lemon goods'.

Like Saner said it'd filter out the morons of the PSU community, surely people wouldn't -pay- to just be stupid and bother people online or whatever.

I understand that some gamers (mostly younger teens) don't really have a source of income and can't really afford to play PSU when they'd really like to, but hey. That's life.

I'd rather pay for fees on a great game and have it maintained rather than not pay fees and have some kind of situation what which like PSO went through. Know what I mean?

Have you ever played PSO online?

Schubalts
Oct 1, 2006, 04:55 PM
I haven't. I'm a saaad panda...

Alisha
Oct 1, 2006, 05:53 PM
if the fee is indeed 15 dollars i call bullshit on soa..