PDA

View Full Version : English voices? Has anyone seen this?

Nuclearranger
Oct 1, 2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfdrb2DkMc

part2? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIV5Wc-oVPI&NR

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NuclearRanger on 2006-10-01 18:57 ]</font>

Kyunji
Oct 1, 2006, 08:56 PM
Congratulations! You have discovered the mystical LAST MONTH.

Nuclearranger
Oct 1, 2006, 08:58 PM
On 2006-10-01 18:56, Kyunji wrote:

Pranceing poneys in the feilds of gallanham?

Rizen
Yeah, it was posted a while back. I dont mind the voice, could use some work but then again, I havent played the english version yet. I saw another clip of characters introducing themself (i think the link is on the front page) and their voices seem right on.

NeoSakura
Makes my ears bleed...as expected. ._.;

Nuclearranger
Oct 1, 2006, 08:59 PM
The voices arnt that bad... they just arnt the same as the JP you know if you herd this first it would sound better

NeoSakura
Oct 1, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-10-01 18:59, NuclearRanger wrote:
The voices arnt that bad... they just arnt the same as the JP you know if you herd this first it would sound better

Probably...still I got a little picky over time, and so far I always found the japanese voices more...natural and emotional (which is one of the things I love about RPGs and also anime) when I compared. So yea, I belong to those silly people who prefer the original voice acting. ^^;

Cross
Oct 1, 2006, 09:05 PM

I don't know about that. Without saying anything bad about the English voice acting (I think it sounds fine in those two clips, although the 'character video' going around is just awful), the Japanese version had really, really high quality voice acting. I certainly wouldn't hold it against anybody if they preferred the original version.

Rizen
Oct 1, 2006, 09:07 PM
Hehe, people always expect way too much when it comes to English Dubbing. Its kinda like with the Naruto dub, alot of the voices are great but people still say they suck. In other words, people set expectation too high only to be let down.

Parn
Oct 1, 2006, 09:08 PM
I guess I must be alone in my belief that Japanese voice acting isn't all that amazing. Let's take Ethan, for example. I mean, watch Ethan's introduction on the import. He actually goes "YIP!" when he jumps onto his hoverboard. Who the hell says "YIP!" when they mount something? Nevermind the incredibly weak "woohoo" as he's rushing around.

Nitpicking sure is fun! Japanese voice acting is overrated. The dub shown in the above two videos is of the same caliber as the import.

NeoSakura
Oct 1, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-10-01 19:05, Cross wrote:

I don't know about that. Without saying anything bad about the English voice acting (I think it sounds fine in those two clips, although the 'character video' going around is just awful), the Japanese version had really, really high quality voice acting. I certainly wouldn't hold it against anybody if they preferred the original version.

Yippies. And in all honesty...the only game with good English voice acting I ever played is Xenosaga Episode I. Well...I'm just wondering...maybe not being American or British or whatever makes me a little more picky about English voice acting. I just can't get rid of the feeling that most of the time the voice translations kind of fail. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoSakura on 2006-10-01 19:10 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Oct 1, 2006, 09:10 PM
On 2006-10-01 18:58, NuclearRanger wrote:

dont let teh trolls around here get too ya, lots of ppl here are cranky from waiting to long for the game and think they run the show

good find this vids is new to me thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sevenfold
Oct 1, 2006, 09:13 PM
horrible.

Kyunji
Oct 1, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-10-01 19:10, CpwninOBrien wrote:

dont let teh trolls around here get too ya, lots of ppl here are cranky from waiting to long for the game and think they run the show

good find this vids is new to me thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hahaha. "Waiting too long."

Kyunji
Oct 1, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-10-01 19:14, Kyunji wrote:

On 2006-10-01 19:10, CpwninOBrien wrote:

Hahaha. "Waiting too long."

The only reason I visit these forums any more is to try to get a jump on the latest news. I've given up on try to cure the retardedness around here.

Rizen
Oct 1, 2006, 09:16 PM
See, here is my theory. The japanese voices of PSU and other games/anime are so high pitched and loud that after hearing it, it alters the brain to only like the japanese voices and totally ignore the english dubs which are so much draggy and low.

Ryogen
Oct 1, 2006, 09:19 PM
Those are pretty old...

DraginHikari
Oct 1, 2006, 09:42 PM
VA is also hired and handled differently in JP then in the US... however I guess I'm not one to talk since I perfer even bad voices I can at least understand then good ones that I don't at all.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 09:47 PM
Meh, the voices sound alright. Not exactly the best voice acting in the world, but come on people, it's SEGA!

Since when have they been known for making their characters sound cool!

....sorry Brian, XD.

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 2, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-10-01 19:08, Parn wrote:
Who the hell says "YIP!" when they mount something?

I have on numerous occasions. I'm not the only real person who does that, am I?

StanleyPain
Oct 2, 2006, 02:41 AM
I thought it had been established that the only LEGITIMATE video with the English dub was the intro movie where Ethan meets his PM. Everything else is fan-dubbed.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 04:01 AM
I think the one posted before the intro movie is also official. If not, that fan sounds like an actual announcer, O_O

Miyoko
Oct 2, 2006, 05:04 AM
I actually prefer the english VA version to the JP version. I dunno, I just think it fits the character better, as well as just higher quality...

... Which is strange, since I usually prefer JP voice acting...

Simmerl
Oct 2, 2006, 05:40 AM
I seriously hope someone will figure out a JP voice files patch for the western PC version.
I'm not interested in playing Offline Story, but I'm sure they are going to change the battle cries of Network mode, too. ._.

NeoSakura
Oct 2, 2006, 06:02 AM
On 2006-10-02 03:40, Simmerl wrote:
I seriously hope someone will figure out a JP voice files patch for the western PC version.
I'm not interested in playing Offline Story, but I'm sure they are going to change the battle cries of Network mode, too. ._.

Oh true! That's what I'm worried about as well, mainly. But umm...wasn't this Importer person trying to figure out something? Would be interesting if you really could simply replace the sound files. Then everybody could play the version they wanted, as in having the voice acting they wanted. I hope there will be some progress in the future, would be lovely~!