PDA

View Full Version : PSU Haxors?

Recksin
Oct 1, 2006, 09:22 PM
Hows the hacking prevention on PSU going? Thats like my only turn off with PSO games and etc. Any hackers? If there is, alot of em?

Rizen
Oct 1, 2006, 09:25 PM
Well, its been said a few times, offline has been hacked....not that hard to hack it. I dont think theres been much hacking online. I know that they patched one hack tho.

Chaobo99
Oct 1, 2006, 09:25 PM
I doubt PSU will have alot of hackers.at least not as much as PSO..and even if PSU had hacks..there won't be many of them and it would easily be ignorable...

Sevenfold
Oct 1, 2006, 09:28 PM
You might want to wait until the games NA release before jumping to conclusions. Itll be a good 2-3 weeks after its release before we find out how their anti-cheat/hack (if any) measures work. Honestly though, from everything Iv read, it sounds alot more solid than PSO ever did.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 1, 2006, 09:35 PM
it will be haxed that's no question its how sega will respond that will be the matter

GaijinPUnch
Oct 1, 2006, 09:37 PM
There have been no hacks yet. The patches made thus far were in response to bug exploits.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 09:39 PM
Hacking might prove to be a little harder now that everything is handled server side...but hey that didn't stop people from ruining PSO:BB!

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 1, 2006, 09:45 PM
actually a lot was still client side.

Nuclearranger
Oct 1, 2006, 09:51 PM
PSOBB did not have SSL though so they are not even close

ProfessorZ
Oct 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
Its gonna be updated weekly. Safest console is the 360

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 10:18 PM
Unless people really try their hardest to get some sort of duping on the 360 version.

Sevenfold
Oct 1, 2006, 10:58 PM
There will be people trying across all boards, you can bet on that.

darthplagis
Oct 1, 2006, 11:37 PM
i dont see duping as a major problem (kubara wood i would dupe till it came out my bum....now now back off parn!!hehe) as its gonna be a total pain to do without a cheat device (like the GC one yes it was easy as it was BORING) so that sets up the 360 for being the safet of the2 consoles as PC is linked with ps2 you 'may' get ppl exploiting the code so SEGA dont realize till its too late and every 11-16 yr old kid is running around with a dark bridge equivalant and those sweet alternate PM's

phunk
Oct 1, 2006, 11:45 PM
There's been hacking for Offline mode, enabling players to access extra and offline mode without having an ID. As for Online, I think everything should be pretty safe.

Sevenfold
Oct 1, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-10-01 21:37, darthplagis wrote:
i dont see duping as a major problem (kubara wood i would dupe till it came out my bum....now now back off parn!!hehe) as its gonna be a total pain to do without a cheat device (like the GC one yes it was easy as it was BORING) so that sets up the 360 for being the safet of the2 consoles as PC is linked with ps2 you 'may' get ppl exploiting the code so SEGA dont realize till its too late and every 11-16 yr old kid is running around with a dark bridge equivalant and those sweet alternate PM's

I personally hope any dupers and hackers are perma banned by ST, real fast like. After words, they should burn in hell.

Tystys
Oct 1, 2006, 11:49 PM
Well they're probably going to try their hardest, I mean they're pretty much doing the right thing as far as handling the Japanese server issues. Giving everyone a free month till the end of the BETA, trying their hardest to give the JP players the best service....let's hope it translates over to the American/EU Release, XD

ShinMaruku
Oct 2, 2006, 09:53 AM
Oh yes there will be hacking. ther PSP is hacked to hell and Sony is on them like hell and they still do it. Depends on the calibur of hacker(Then Sony hires them XD)

Emrald
Oct 2, 2006, 11:03 AM
You all are so concerened about Hacking, I am to of cource, and a lot of you say that hackers should be instintly banned or pretty damned fast at least, but what your saying is.....If we tell them someone hacks and don't give proof....should they listen to us anyways? Proof is nice...and plus if this is how you all thought....anyone who does hack psu online can accuse a non-hacker tatletell of hacking and that innoncent person would be banned....my question...

What should ST do with the people who are found to make falce acusations?

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 11:05 AM
Well, ofcourse we're going to have proof. And if we don't, power lies in numbers, my friend. If you bring it up with the community, soon, ST will catch on and get right on it.

Zarbolord
Oct 2, 2006, 11:08 AM
I just hope they won't muck anything server side. That would have terrible effects...

Jozon
Oct 2, 2006, 11:11 AM
and I also hope they don't ban people on numbers of complaints on an account, that could lead to people turning someone in en masse just to get them banned because they don't like them.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I see your point. Well, that's where proof comes into play I presume, XD

Shinomaru
Oct 2, 2006, 11:16 AM
Solution to hacking on psu online if there is..... Password your servers and play with those you know (people u alrdy know and maybe some newfriends you made on psu) wouldnt touch hacked material and would stay away from hackers too. that way your isololated from the bad part of psu world lol. and take it from a former TMG (THEMASTER G's) from DC ver. since most of psu will be server side you wont have to worry about hacks like password bypass. also when you think psu think ffxi and their system there were bots and thats about it. i hope like ffxi, psu will have on call gms etc

Sinue_v2
Oct 2, 2006, 11:18 AM
The thing is about hackers on PSU - is that you will actually HAVE TO HACK PSU. This will eliminate 9/10 of the little script kiddies who ran around with their AR's and GS's calling themselves "|-|4X0|-z", provided Sega stays reasonably on top of things and patches exploits and security issues. The entirety of the console croud is going to be restricted from hacking since - well, you can't hack on a console. The best you can do is a little bit of hex editing, which only affects client-side data. That was fine for PSO when the game played client-side... but PSU is played server-side. Hex editors aren't going to be able to do shit.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-10-02 09:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:
The thing is about hackers on PSU - is that you will actually HAVE TO HACK PSU. This will eliminate 9/10 of the little script kiddies who ran around with their AR's and GS's calling themselves "|-|4X0|-z", provided Sega stays reasonably on top of things and patches exploits and security issues. The entirety of the console croud is going to be restricted from hacking since - well, you can't hack on a console. The best you can do is a little bit of hex editing, which only affects client-side data. That was fine for PSO when the game played client-side... but PSU is played server-side. Hex editors aren't going to be able to do shit.

Thanks, I bet that post has made some people sigh in relief....know it did for me, XD

I had a feeling hackers wouldn't be as evident because of the server side handling, but I was still a little skeptical, O_O

ShinMaruku
Oct 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
Oh they'll be there jsut not as prevalent.

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 12:18 PM
Its not going to be as bad as it used to be with server side n all. But ShinMaruku is right, it will be there in one form or another.

Valkayree
Oct 2, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-10-01 19:37, GaijinPUnch wrote:
There have been no hacks yet. The patches made thus far were in response to bug exploits.

Reports about a month ago that people had duped synth items and were selling them en-masse for incredibly cheap in their player shops. Anyone heard news on whether or not this is a rumor, or if it isn't, whether it has been handled?

F-o-x
Oct 2, 2006, 04:38 PM
I heard something about a duping bug but to my understanding that was handled pretty quickly. Thats what the rollback was for. Based on how ST handled that, combined with server side saving I am very confident we will have little to no hacking in PSU.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-10-02 14:38, F-o-x wrote:
I heard something about a duping bug but to my understanding that was handled pretty quickly. Thats what the rollback was for. Based on how ST handled that, combined with server side saving I am very confident we will have little to no hacking in PSU.

Another reason to love this game....the developers ACTUALLY want to help us out! XD

OgSoulja
Oct 2, 2006, 05:25 PM
Idk about hacking, ause they would have to hack PSU main servers which is almost impossible if there will be patches. Exploits on the other hand is quite different but PSU looks solid if it has server patches etc.

Tystys
Oct 2, 2006, 05:28 PM
No, it's not impossible, it's just way to hard for the normal people(script kiddies) who want to get their hacks here and now, and don't want to work for it.

Spellbinder
Oct 2, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-10-02 14:26, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-10-01 19:37, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Reports about a month ago that people had duped synth items and were selling them en-masse for incredibly cheap in their player shops. Anyone heard news on whether or not this is a rumor, or if it isn't, whether it has been handled?

As F-O-X said, the exploit was found, fixed, and we received a character roll back to rectify that problem, and the bug which was accidentally replacing character data.

OgSoulja
Oct 2, 2006, 05:31 PM
nothing impossible but the hacker has to be reaal dedicated to hack a server wide program, especially if ur on a game console lol.

OgSoulja
Oct 2, 2006, 05:32 PM
There will be nore exploits tho, so if any1 finds em report it!! lol

Itoshi
Oct 2, 2006, 05:34 PM
There are plenty of hacks already out for the japenese version. But...

Many Hackers are saying that it ruins the game, and they aren't gonna hack cuase it takes the fun out of it.

Which it does. I really wouldn't worry about. Just the return of FSOD I would worry about.

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-10-02 15:34, Itoshi wrote:
There are plenty of hacks already out for the japenese version. But...

Many Hackers are saying that it ruins the game, and they aren't gonna hack cuase it takes the fun out of it.

Which it does. I really wouldn't worry about. Just the return of FSOD I would worry about.

Lmao, hackers with self control? Heh...this Ill have to see.

Inspektahdek
Oct 2, 2006, 06:50 PM
the pc version would almost be the easiest to hack yet it will be the easiest to protect and update

It's like a double edged sword, yet a double edged sword that can be dulled relatively fast

Shinomaru
Oct 2, 2006, 07:26 PM
Put it this way if someone hacks ST servers and they get caught. i hope they like talking to their goverment ,that is if Sonic team is going to be strict as other gaming companies in the past 2 years IE. Valve etc for people hacking their servers and stealing unreleased games and modifying game content. it would be smart not to hack the game server side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sevenfold
Oct 2, 2006, 08:06 PM
I hope they do use full force then. Everytime a hacker dies and angel gets its wings.

-Break-
Oct 2, 2006, 08:13 PM
Hacking on a console is not impossible, If modded the right way an Xbox can pretty much becomes a computer...

Sinue_v2
Oct 2, 2006, 09:29 PM
True, -Break-, you can turn the Xbox into a Windows machine - and a PS2 into a Linux machine. However, you cannot run the game through the operating system you install... unless you do so through emulation, which I'm pretty sure is impossible. Could you hack PSOBlue Burst through a properly modded Xbox? It's possible, if you can get Blue Burst to run on it... but not PSO Ep I & II.

That operating system is what gives you access to the programs and commands you NEED to use in order to hack.

Reguardless - PSU is not comming out for the Xbox, and I don't think a modded Xbox PC has the necessary system specs to run PSU for the PC anyhow.

Losodo1976
Oct 2, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-10-01 20:58, Sevenfold wrote:
There will be people trying across all boards, you can bet on that.

Indeed.

Oh well, I'll just stay away from the hax like I always did. Not gonna let them ruin it for me, unless some a**hole figures something out and the gets the whole damn server rolled back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif