PDA

View Full Version : PSU Pre - Paid Cards

Mouseklip
Oct 2, 2006, 10:25 PM
Do you think Sega should put out pre - paid cards for Phantasy Star Universe like WoW and Galaxies have? For those who don't know a pre - paid card is. it is a card you can buy at most stores that sell video games. It is for games you have to pay a monthly fee and, instead of using a credit card to pay the fee you buy a card; Say the game charges $15 per month to play you could use your credit card or buy a $30 pre - paid card to get two months of playing in. Pretty simple concept and most games have good success with them because they allow people who don't have access to credit cards the ability to play their game. So vote and maybe Sega will take notice of the results and consider it. Try and give your reasoning behind it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mouseklip on 2006-10-02 20:34 ]</font>

Sotaka0
Oct 2, 2006, 10:28 PM
I think the problem is that they may not get as many people as a game like World of Warcraft would - because World of Warcraft has the hype of Warcraft to help back it, but PSU is a bit more unheard of. (A lot of people do not know what PSO is - they -MIGHT- recognize PS- but that's it.)

So, if they wind up wasting a bunch of money on Pre-Paid cards, that's more money that comes out of our actual content - I'd rather they just stick with the meat of the games. While I do love the prospect of PrePaid cards, I do not think we can find a way to justify it.

Mouseklip
Oct 2, 2006, 10:33 PM
But think about it how much of the estimated " $9.99" per month actually goes towards the game when you have i'll say 200,000 people paying this for a month you have $2,000,000 per month know you figue in server upkeep, staff salaries, and maintenace you have to have some margin of profit. What i'm getting at it how much money can a cardboard box and a 2'x1' piece of plastic cost plus all the little junk they put into making em?

Losodo1976
Oct 2, 2006, 11:06 PM
I think the pre-paid cards is a great idea. Tons of people buy games. They'll see them in the game stores. If they don't know about Phantasy Star games they'll be like "Wtf is this? Online RPG pay cards? I've been looking for a new online RPG". Good for business, imo. Think about those WoW timecards. Pretty easy to find those on game store shelves.

I'll play with or without them however... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jarel
Oct 2, 2006, 11:11 PM
Pre-paid cards have always made my life easier. I started using them with Star Wars Galaxies. I now use them on Xbox Live. I've never owned a credit card and plan not to. I like to deal in cash only.

However, I doubt they will come out with some and plus there is a better alternative: prepaid cash cards. Banks sell them, Coinstar dispences them, even Rite-Aid has them! They work just like a credit card. Can't beat that.

Mouseklip
Oct 3, 2006, 03:27 PM
These things I myself have never heard of pre - paid credit cards? explain a little more are they just like pre paid cards exept you can use em like a credit card or doe it go deeper?

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 03:33 PM
without pre-paid cards I probably wouldn't of gotten the microsoft points to get a few arcade games.

I heard Xbox360 version, we can pay the fee with MS points for this game, is this true? I heard it's 800 pts. per month or something.

Rizen
Oct 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
Main reason I stopped playing FFXI was the fact that I didnt have a credit card. My mom told my brother she would tear up his credit card if he paid another month for me when i was the one paying...*grumbles*..she hates everything about computers. That was a few years ago tho.
Anyway, the one reason I play WoW was because of the Prepaid Cards, I really hope I can get access to them for PSU.

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 03:41 PM
what about pre-paid credits cards?

just buy them and they are like credit cards but the debt is already paid up front, so you don't have to worry about it later.

Zaiden
Oct 3, 2006, 03:47 PM
I think it should be avalible.

Mouseklip
Oct 3, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:33, Saner wrote:
without pre-paid cards I probably wouldn't of gotten the microsoft points to get a few arcade games.

I heard Xbox360 version, we can pay the fee with MS points for this game, is this true? I heard it's 800 pts. per month or something.

I doubt thats the case because MS points go to microsoft and Sega is the one that collects the money. = We pay Sega not MS with MS points.

Maxurion
Oct 3, 2006, 03:48 PM
Pre-paid cards sound good to me. Ill find a way to play PSU online either way though, heh heh.

Maxurion
Oct 3, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:47, Mouseklip wrote:

I doubt thats the case because MS points go to microsoft and Sega is the one that collects the money. = We pay Sega not MS with MS points.

How come Chrome Hounds(made by Sega) has extra content you can buy for MS points then?

Mouseklip
Oct 3, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:38, Rizen wrote:
Main reason I stopped playing FFXI was the fact that I didnt have a credit card. My mom told my brother she would tear up his credit card if he paid another month for me when i was the one paying...*grumbles*..she hates everything about computers. That was a few years ago tho.
Anyway, the one reason I play WoW was because of the Prepaid Cards, I really hope I can get access to them for PSU.

This is the same reason with me even though I offer to pay the complete fee with either my brother's or my mom's CC they say no? WTF it obviously happens to more people than I thought. The reason I used to play WoW and Galaxies is because they supported this featue My entire point is that they would be attracting a market to the game a market the otherwise wouldn't have ie:People who don't have/use CC's

Mouseklip
Oct 3, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:50, Maxurion wrote:

On 2006-10-03 13:47, Mouseklip wrote:

How come Chrome Hounds(made by Sega) has extra content you can buy for MS points then?

IDK! but... what I do know is that the money Sega makes from fees goes to them upkeeping servers etc. About the DL content IDK someone else might

Mook
Oct 3, 2006, 03:55 PM
Yea if there is no pre-paid cards you could use a pre-paid Credit card. there easy to get and you just put however much money you want on them and use it just like a credit card.