PDA

View Full Version : question about forces

l3iohazard
Oct 3, 2006, 08:38 AM
yea so i have a few questions about forces first of all should i just be a female newman just so my will be as high as posslibe or is a male just fine? secound when starting out online is it like in pso were you have foie a club and some other crap or something else? is it easy getting new techniques? i heard you dont buy better disk you just level it up by training so is that easy to do and whats the max lv?

yea so thxs in advance

RoninJoku
Oct 3, 2006, 08:55 AM
Max tech level I believe is 30 (right now 20), they do indeed level up through usage instead of disks. I don't know how easy they are to obtain, but I've heard they are rather expensive. I believe you start with just foie and a cane, but I'm not sure. And just be whatever gender you want. Unless you're reeeeally worried about being "the best you can be".

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 3, 2006, 08:59 AM
when I started my female newman(this is extra mode so I don't know if its the same with online), she started out as a force like all newmans but she started with only the saber and the handgun.

RoninJoku
Oct 3, 2006, 09:08 AM
Isn't extra mode different though? I thought I remeber people saying you start with foie again.

Laranas
Oct 3, 2006, 09:59 AM
Since you don't choose your class before logging in, I believe everyone starts as a Hunter with a Saber and Handgun... meaning that you'll have to buy your cane and foie before moving on as a force. Maybe you start with a good deal of cash, though. At least that was my experience in Extra Mode.

Tech disks weren't too expensive in extra mode considering how often you'll use them, and they gain exp on SUCCESSFUL use (aka, you need to hit the person with Foie, actually heal with Resta, etc). Tech go to Lv30 if and only if you're a Fortetecher.

RoninJoku
Oct 3, 2006, 10:03 AM
I've heard not all races start as hunters though...

What I heard:
Beasts/Humans = Hunter
Casts = Ranger
Newmans = Force (with foie)

Damn, can we get someone who is actually playing online to clarify this? Forget about extra mode for just a second...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoninJoku on 2006-10-03 08:04 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Oct 3, 2006, 10:05 AM
ok..so in extra mode EVERYONE starts as a basic HUNTER and has to pay to switch classes...In Online mode..? if you pick newman they think you'll be a force or whateve? well than again.starting with a handgun and a saber comes in handy....dont wanna waste TP on boxes.my question is..
can you melee with your cane/rod like in PSO?(use magic and hit when out of TP)

Laranas
Oct 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
Canes and Rods have no melee attacks, they sacrifice them to be able to hold 2 and 4 techniques (respectively) since switching weapons just to cast a different spell is retarded.

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 10:16 AM
On 2006-10-03 08:05, Chaobo99 wrote:
ok..so in extra mode EVERYONE starts as a basic HUNTER and has to pay to switch classes...In Online mode..? if you pick newman they think you'll be a force or whateve? well than again.starting with a handgun and a saber comes in handy....dont wanna waste TP on boxes.my question is..

No, Humans and Beasts start as Hunters, Casts as Rangers, and Newmen as Force online AND offline, BUT everyone starts with gun/saber in extra mode. Online, you get less meseta, so Forces start with a cane and Foie. And no, you can't melee with a cane or staff.

Zarbolord
Oct 3, 2006, 10:58 AM
Which makes the game a better challenge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CherryLunar
Oct 3, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-10-03 08:16, foamcup wrote:

No, Humans and Beasts start as Hunters, Casts as Rangers, and Newmen as Force online AND offline, BUT everyone starts with gun/saber in extra mode. Online, you get less meseta, so Forces start with a cane and Foie. And no, you can't melee with a cane or staff.

So let me get this straight... If I were to play Newman I would start as a force, right? But I would have to level up a bit to switch?

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 11:18 AM
You can switch right away, but it costs money, 100 meseta per character level, so you'll want to switch as soon as you can afford it if you want to play as a different class.

Laranas
Oct 3, 2006, 11:21 AM
You can switch whenever... assuming you have the money to do so.

Kaply
Oct 3, 2006, 11:28 AM
Humans start with sword, saber + handgun
Newmans start with cane, saber + handgun
Beasts start with fists, saber + handgun
Casts come into the world naked cause they're gimp like that. ok ok, they start with a rifle, saber + handgun.

Umi_Ryu
Oct 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
Also, I would like to know ...

On Extra, Newmen start with Neudaiz brand : "Youmei" weapons. Humans and Casts with "GRM" ones and I think Beasts start with "Tenora" weapons.

Is it the same in online mode ?

Valkayree
Oct 3, 2006, 11:55 AM

Umm, let me get this straight, there is no TP anymore, correct? The amount of times you are able to cast your spells is solely based upon the amount of PP left in the cane, pole, or wand it is attached to, am I right? I tried to explain to a friend online yesterday how force works, but I don't want to tell him wrong.

RoninJoku
Oct 3, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-10-03 09:55, Valkayree wrote:

Umm, let me get this straight, there is no TP anymore, correct? The amount of times you are able to cast your spells is solely based upon the amount of PP left in the cane, pole, or wand it is attached to, am I right? I tried to explain to a friend online yesterday how force works, but I don't want to tell him wrong.

You are correct suh'!

Skyly
Oct 5, 2006, 01:36 AM
If you dont mind me asking.. whats PP
im assuming photon p??? ( dont know the secong word

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 5, 2006, 01:42 AM
Photon Points, most likely.