PDA

View Full Version : Couple of things to check out. XD

Crystal_Shard
Oct 3, 2006, 10:23 AM
Hmm, it's been a while since I last played PSO, especially online and I finally got my hands on PSU, although I've not played online yet.

Anyway, I'm just two chapters away from finishing the offline story and I've got a few queries for those players already online, completed story mode and/or both. XD

Regarding PMs now :

Is there any way in both offline and online modes to either switch the type of PM you create? Say, you create GH-450 but want to change to GH-410. Clearly, the old "find a new MAG" or "harvest them from the carcasses of sacrificial temp characters" methods won't work in PSU ^_^, so is there a way to work on a new PM or change the existing one?

Regarding Item Synthesis :

From what I've heard, each Synthesis Board allows for up to ten synths per board, but offline, they seem to disappear after only one round. Am I doing something wrong, or must you synthesise all ten in one go before collecting the item?

Regarding costumes :

On PSUpedia, I've seen a large number of new costumes/parts that I can't seem to find in story mode, let alone extra mode. Currently I'm at Chapter 11 of the Story Mode and I don't seem to see any newer costumes/parts being unlocked beyond the defaults already in the shops. Are most of the costumes/parts only for online mode then or will they be unlocked after chapter 12?

Laranas
Oct 3, 2006, 10:31 AM
I can't answer the first but:

2) Synthesis Boards have a limit written on them. Most people don't notice this because they don't read japanese, but most weapons/armors have very low limits on the amount you can make. Items have higher limits.

3) Extra Mode doesn't have the same amount of customization options as online.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 3, 2006, 10:40 AM
Hmm, I can read limited Japanese, actually, but I didn't notice any board limit written on the synth board. Looks like I'll have to take a closer look then. XD Thanks for the info.

As for the lack of costumes offline, that's quite a bummer. -_-'

physic
Oct 3, 2006, 10:48 AM
well i know you can get one top from sranking one of the missions, but i havent seen any more clothes for s ranks

Kaply
Oct 3, 2006, 10:57 AM
I don't recall the synth board actually listing the number of attempts on the board itself. I do know the number does show up after the PM has it. When you go to synth, on the screen with the ingredients towards the bottom should be a number like 3/3, 5/5, etc. That's the number of tries. This is true online, I never tried to synth offline.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 3, 2006, 11:23 AM
physic : Regarding that one top you mentioned, do you mean one of the existing types, or is it one that's not currently available in the shops? If it's just one that I can already buy, that's probably not what I'm looking for I guess. XD

About synth boards, I should clarify - I'm concerned about the fact that my synth boards disappear from the list despite not having made the maximum number I could make from a single board. It only happens after I collect the item from the PM. Is this normal, or am I choosing the wrong options when collecting the completed equipment?

CpwninOBrien
Oct 3, 2006, 12:23 PM
yea thats pretty week about extra mode if i didn't have broadband i prolly woundnt touch PSU with a 10 ft pole

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-10-03 10:23, CpwninOBrien wrote:
yea thats pretty week about extra mode if i didn't have broadband i prolly woundnt touch PSU with a 10 ft pole

oh come now, ppl are lucky to even get an Extra Mode. offline-only players will definitely appreciate it, its better than not being able make characters and do stuff offline with them. besides not everything in offline has been discovered yet.

it can't compare to online's selection but it's still something.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 3, 2006, 01:48 PM
On 2006-10-03 11:17, Saner wrote:

oh come now, ppl are lucky to even get an Extra Mode. offline-only players will definitely appreciate it, its better than not being able make characters and do stuff offline with them. besides not everything in offline has been discovered yet.

it can't compare to online's selection but it's still something.

sumthing that in my brain doesnt add up to worthwhile but thats me

A2K
Oct 3, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-10-03 09:23, Crystal_Shard wrote:
About synth boards, I should clarify - I'm concerned about the fact that my synth boards disappear from the list despite not having made the maximum number I could make from a single board. It only happens after I collect the item from the PM. Is this normal, or am I choosing the wrong options when collecting the completed equipment?

As far as I know the only time they disappear from the list is when you've exhausted them, or if you're at the maximum limit of boards (32 total, I think?) and decide to overwrite one. I don't believe there is an option to prematurely remove it from your list at all. When you collect the item the only two options that appear are "shove in my current inventory" and "jam into storage".