PDA

View Full Version : To PSUpedia people, Re: Weapon Categories

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 01:58 PM
whips?

AngelLight
Oct 3, 2006, 01:58 PM
I know that a few of the main supporters of PSUpedia hang out on here so I was wondering if I could catch one of them and pose a question.

On your weapons list; you still have axes, whips, crossbows, slicers, cards, and a mystery weapon type (that you have listed under guns) as non-linked.

a.) There have been pics of crossbow weapons already floating around on the JP sites and even on SEGA's and alot of people seem convinced of the existance of axes (I think someone said they saw the axe icon or something like that). I was wondering when those two links (and the subsequent data associated with them) would become available.

b.) As for the other weapon types, has there been any new developments on them yet? I was wondering how you came to that list of weapons in the first place.

I'm asking this more for improving the general knowledge base of those playing (including this community here) then anything else. This is also in no way a complaint. I was just wondering when there would be an update in these sections.

Also, I noticed that you had some pic and stat info for a very select # of weapons. Will there be a time when you have a direct link to this info from the main page?

Should anyone outside of pedia ppl have info on these weapon types please speak up as well.

Thank You

Rizen
Oct 3, 2006, 02:13 PM
No sign of whips yet....(so much for Castlevania fans lol)

All I can say is as time goes on most of those links and pages will be fixed. As for the other stuff I do not know, but I do think SEGA has something in mind for new weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-03 12:15 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Oct 3, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-10-03 11:58, Saner wrote:
whips?

Oh yes, I can see it now. The flood of dominatrix characters spamming lines as they cut through enemies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Laranas
Oct 3, 2006, 02:30 PM
You have to account for the fact that a wiki in nature is a collaborative project of DIFFERENT minds and sources, so the PSUPedia people may not have been the ones to post that info.

Natrokos
Oct 3, 2006, 02:38 PM
They aren't being paid to maintain the psu wiki and they still do a damn decent job...I have yet to see an axe actually be wielded and are crossbows available on online mode yet? I am relatively satisfied with the weapon list on Psupedia.

AngelLight
Oct 3, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-03 11:58, AngelLight wrote:

This is also in no way a complaint.

^I think you missed this part here.

There's nothing wrong with asking when the raw data is going to be updated. I'm just curious when.

Natrokos
Oct 3, 2006, 02:50 PM
I wasn't really saying you were complaining...I'm just tired and coming off rude when i'm not trying too....So no offense intended. All I was trying to say is I don't expect it to be completely up-to-date and I was curious to know if crossbows are online or off or both because the way they chart the weapons may have something to do with that.

Edit: Sorry I mispelled 'the'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-10-03 12:52 ]</font>

AngelLight
Oct 3, 2006, 03:00 PM
no offence taken then ^_^

Nuclearranger
Oct 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
Whips and gernades would rule lol

Pengfishh
Oct 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
There's a video floating around Youtube (Battle of PSU) that shows a few seconds of Ethan tearing shit up with an axe.

Shade-
Oct 3, 2006, 03:17 PM
1:20 seconds into the "battle of PSU" video released last november shows ethan using an axe, confirming both it's existance, and it's icon.

Here is a snip of the class tray window that I edited and threw names on all the icons of the weapons we know.

I've taken the liberty of confirming the axe and the crossbow as they have been in numerous screenshots and videos.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/aws0mz/weaponclasses.jpg

Row 4 icon 4 as far as I know is totally unknown, ie. has never been given a name and has never been seen in pics. My only speculation is this is the "photon whip" which is likely a miss translation, so sorry for all of you ivy fans.

row 6 icon 3 is, in all likelyhood, the fan, aka new slicer. Items resembeling the icon can be seen in the shops, but again, AFAIK, the actual weapon has never been seen/confirmed.

note: unless I'm mistaken, the video of the "double fan weapons" are not related to the "fan" class at all, and are simply rare dual sabers, please correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

darthplagis
Oct 3, 2006, 05:06 PM
i recon the new wepon types will be released with the new class/jobs (expert) so we may see the axe dor hunter based experts, the fan for force experts and the unknown ranger wepon for ranger experts.

i really cant see the reality of whips, they arnt pictured in the shops unlike the axes and fans i cant remember seeing any other guns 'other' than whats available anyway but ill have another look while i run around getting cash for the S class' in the shops.

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 05:29 PM
Whips would be savage...

Kyuu
Oct 3, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:17, Shade- wrote:

row 6 icon 3 is, in all likelyhood, the fan, aka new slicer. Items resembeling the icon can be seen in the shops, but again, AFAIK, the actual weapon has never been seen/confirmed.
Actually, there is one video where the fan (NOT the Harisen fan that is just a saber, but definitely one of those fans on display in shops and wielded in the off-hand as a ranged weapon) has been seen in the video linked here. (http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3144_en.html)

Near the end, the player (who seems to be mentally challenged through much of the video) pulls out the fan-like weapon in combination with a claw. Unfortunately, she only uses claw and so we still don't know if the weapon attacks like a slicer or what. But, the weapon definitely exists as a usable weapon, and it's definitely ranged (although we already knew that from it's position on the icon chart).

A2K
Oct 3, 2006, 05:45 PM
The problem with that unknown icon being a whip is that it's grouped with ranged weapons. If I were to guess I'd say it was some sort of launcher... but that's all speculation. As for fans/slicers:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2436/snapshot20061003184018ax7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

From the Xbox 360 Xboxyde video. Blurry... and unfortunately she doesn't actually use it, instead opting to attack with the claw in the main hand.

Kyuu
Oct 3, 2006, 05:47 PM
^ D'oh, posted like 2 seconds after I talked about that video and the fan on the previous page. Here's another link to the video since I know most won't bother to go back to the previous page:

El Linko (http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3144_en.html)

AnamanaAU
Oct 3, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-10-03 13:17, Shade- wrote:
1:20 seconds into the "battle of PSU" video released last november shows ethan using an axe, confirming both it's existance, and it's icon.

Here is a snip of the class tray window that I edited and threw names on all the icons of the weapons we know.

I've taken the liberty of confirming the axe and the crossbow as they have been in numerous screenshots and videos.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/aws0mz/weaponclasses.jpg

Row 4 icon 4 as far as I know is totally unknown, ie. has never been given a name and has never been seen in pics. My only speculation is this is the "photon whip" which is likely a miss translation, so sorry for all of you ivy fans.

note: unless I'm mistaken, the video of the "double fan weapons" are not related to the "fan" class at all, and are simply rare dual sabers, please correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

There's actually less weapon classes now, unless it's an offline thing or they're patching weapons in later.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/847/psuweaponiconsqg7.jpg

Himmelhand
Oct 3, 2006, 08:41 PM
They're on to us! Maybe they don't want people speculating (as if) what they have in store.

Ether
Oct 3, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-10-03 18:08, JubeiSaotome wrote:

There's actually less weapon classes now, unless it's an offline thing or they're patching weapons in later.

The stat sheets online show all the weapon types, I doubt they will ever be available offline

And wow at that fan picture, it'll be very interesting having a new left-handed weapon

AnamanaAU
Oct 3, 2006, 08:45 PM
The spots ARE empty, though. Maybe they're Expert Class weapons?

A2K
Oct 3, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-10-03 18:08, JubeiSaotome wrote:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/847/psuweaponiconsqg7.jpg

It's an offline thing. In Network Mode those blank spots are filled.

AnamanaAU
Oct 3, 2006, 08:51 PM
Well that clears that up. Another reason why Network Mode is it's own game.

A2K
Oct 3, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-10-03 18:51, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Well that clears that up. Another reason why Network Mode is it's own game.

It's curious, too, considering they have had videos (notably that "Battle Of" one) with Ethan and an axe. Oh well. Here's a Network Mode shot:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3044/networkmodeweaponsqc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AnamanaAU
Oct 3, 2006, 08:56 PM
Awesome, I was worried that you'd get people giving their friends S Ranks from the start. Least people have to work on their class first.

Asim
Oct 3, 2006, 09:14 PM
For anyone curious, Mewn (JP), Tycho (JP, US, Japanese wizard man), Ahzi (US), Nisshoku (US) , and even I (US) make up the official PSUPedia staff, so you can always contact us through our Talk Pages or even through PMs or in our Talk Pages on the site itself.

No one has any helpful info for weapons so we are going to mass update the site starting late October when we all get the US version. And for those pages we need the JP Name, EN Name, producer, rank, PP, ATP, ATA, requirement, and rarity for each item so it would look incomplete with the knowledge we have so far on the weapons. The unlinked words on the Weapons page are there so someone can get to them eventually, but we knew we couldn't expect them done soon enough. The objective isn't to post a pretty picture and write a personal blurb about it, it's all about posting in-depth info.

But really PSUP's Weapon Database is in no way outdated, from what the sites I have seen it is at the top. I think instead of questioning a wiki, you should instead help fix or recover information because I, along with other hard-working sysyops, are getting pretty tired of people not understanding that PSUP is still in its early age with recovering info along with PSOW, however it is a wiki which anyone can help out so we don't have to ask questions the PSOW forum.

And the individual pages for the select weapons will be linked most likely in the pages that the Weapons page links to.

lol we're not hiding anything, because then you'd be hiding something, as I said this is a wiki and it in some ways belongs to everyone in this forum and you can get involved even by small things like talking in the Talk Pages to discuss the subject at hand.

Nika
Oct 3, 2006, 09:24 PM
Yep! FAN = saber, I use it in extra mode

Ether
Oct 3, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-10-03 19:24, Nika wrote:

No... its just a saber that looks like a fan from PSO, not the actual fan-type weapon

A2K
Oct 3, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-10-03 19:24, Nika wrote:

If you look at the actual item listing, you'll see it has a saber icon and not a fan icon.

Kyuu
Oct 3, 2006, 11:52 PM
Not that it needs any more reinforcing, but yeah, we are not talking about the Harisen Fan, which is just a saber. If you looked at the fan in the blurry picture at the top of this page, or downloaded the video I linked, you can see it's quite different.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 01:14 AM
the laser cannon looks and fires so cooool. it's just like I envisioned Rudo's laser cannons to be like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 01:18 AM
speculation time-i wonder if the fan is a type that techs can be equiped on,and if it is indeed a forte force only weapon i could see it having more slots than staves. or it could have less and be equipable by xxxtechers

Ether
Oct 4, 2006, 01:35 AM
If you look very closely at the video, the fan actually has a skill equipped to it, its name appears briefly in the lowest box. I think fans/slicers, given their offhand placement will be a hunter alternative to using handguns

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 01:39 AM
that is, if Hunters will even be allowed to use them at some point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

so ya based on what's known, these fans do seem to be slicer type weapons,

I think they will simply be waved around like daggers and release projectiles out of them, maybe in an arc like slicers.

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 01:41 AM
maybee it will factor tap/mst in its damage like longbows.

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 07:52 AM
So I log in today, and lo there's all of this wonderful information here. All of you guys are great for pulling together what resources we have. Everyone here should be commended for providing this info to the public. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Then I see this:

On 2006-10-03 19:14, Asim wrote:
But really PSUP's Weapon Database is in no way outdated, from what the sites I have seen it is at the top. I think instead of questioning a wiki, you should instead help fix or recover information because I, along with other hard-working sysyops, are getting pretty tired of people not understanding that PSUP is still in its early age with recovering info along with PSOW, however it is a wiki which anyone can help out so we don't have to ask questions the PSOW forum.

...and this...

lol we're not hiding anything, because then you'd be hiding something,

This reeks of paranoia. Though this wasn't directed at any one person (which I acknowledge), I am the OP of this thread and this comment can be seen as aimed at me.

I have a good reputation on this site, as well as on other sites including a lot of work in both the Wow's and GW's wikis, A JP translation guide for RF Online when it was in beta before ever being released on Codemaster's site and FAQs on several games on GameFaqs. In terms of this site, I've posted constructive threads and responses and in no way do I flame anyone. I believe in collaborative effort to improve general knowledge and firmly believe in the wiki philosophy as well the general Free Source Movement (in certain cases) which can be seen as the originator of all wikis everywhere.

This sort of response seems a bit out of touch with the general tone of this otherwise constructive thread. As stated, this was a request for more information aimed at mostly PSUpedia ppl (since they can be seen as experts for the current time being) but also aimed at the general populace of PSO World (as I don't want to seem like I'm trolling a forum to promote an outside site, plus PSUp isn't the only source of info and it would be a mistake to limit our sources). If I owned the JP version of the game, I'd find out the info on my own (and prolly post it on your site as per you general request in your post...that or have my own FAQ out already). But, I don’t....and I don't intend to either. Babel Fish can also translate only so much as well.

So, I hope you (Asim), the PSUp staff, and myself can see eye to eye on wanting to improve the knowledge base and can avoid these misunderstandings of sorts. Cause I believe this posturing only serves to hurt and undermine the need for a strong community. PSU isn't WoW....there's not going to be 8 million people or however many there are now (don’t know the exact number atm). If this game is going to stick, the community has to stick together (and hopefully not become the rabid wombat fan base on some other game communities). Lets work together to keep the community strong.

I apoligize to PSO staff for this slightly off topic post ahead of time...but I saw it as necessary to respond to this.

Tycho
Oct 4, 2006, 02:22 PM
As for your second question, I believe a lot of these 'lost' weapon types exist, since some of the 'hidden' PMs seem to have these as their specialities.

I unlinked the 'lost' weapon type entries a while ago, because back then there wasn't really any information on them (even their names are still dubious). I was planning to put the links back when the pages actually existed (yeah, you can create pages even without having a direct link to them), but I wouldn't mind inserting them again anyway. You could, too.

As for the database entries.. eventually there should be 1000+ or so, so linking to them from the main page isn't very reasonable in my opinion. At the moment there aren't many yet though, since Mewn has been the only one that has been making them. The to newcomers probably nearly incomprehendable 'database' system is probably to blame, but I haven't had the time to update it and make it more user-friendly yet. I'm sorry about the trouble. ><;

Mewn
Oct 4, 2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I've been making them, but what with general busyness (always a good excuse for procrastination), I haven't done any in a good while. When US comes out I will probably begin again, this time with more information to hand, hopefully.

There are hundreds of items in PSU, and their corresponding boards. Not to mention that items offline have different stats to their online counterparts, which is annoying as it means I have to figure out how exactly to sort it. I think some of the templates might need tweaking and debugging too, but I don't really have the skill to do so.

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 03:11 PM
Of course that's evident, what you're looking to do is prolly no less monumental then what PSO-World did when PSO first hit conception. The project you're undertaking is monumentous to say the least, but its this dedication that inspires others to contribute.....as I'm sure the two of you are already aware of.

I remember working on a project once for a Korean game that at the time I was interested in. Let me tell you, if you think Japanese is hard, try translating Korean with a 3rd party translator web program (not babel) that was picky and a few friends overseas with really busy schedules, LOL. But I wanted to improve the community and I'd like to think that at the time I did. I totally see that here as well with your work. Again you're contributing to the community and you should be commended for the work.

I'm glad that a few of you could respond back after the previous response I saw. Its good to know that we can be reasonable.

As to the technical responses to my original questions I saw:

--The only reason I was aware of the pic on chart design you had is due to a page you did on a gun that had the format from a link at the time under 'Recent Changes'. I find it interesting to check up on it to see exactly what new developments have occured since the last time I've been on. I also think that format idea is the best way to go, thus my question as to if other weapon descriptions using the same format existed.

--I'm interested in learning more about the 'lost' weapons you mention. Particularly, how you noticed them on 'hidden' combat PMs. Perhaps this has something to do with the recent color swap PM pics that have recently posted on PSO World here? I'm wondering if maybe it was something you saw on that JP pic board I saw via following one of your links during a discussion on your wiki developer page (I have the link at home and not on me atm)? At the time the site was over 150 pages long of pics and after going thru a whole slew of Kanji flooded pics and a few PSU pervert ones, I had given up at about page 50ish or so (I was looking for interesting graphics to post on my guild's page to promote people to come play PSU on release). Maybe i should of looked deeper, perhaps but I'd like to know more about what you had heard, even if it is just rumors.

--As for the weapon links themselves, yes I agree they would be too verbose to directly link, but I had always thought that they seemed like something you would link from your current item list pages you have now (as in the name itself would go to the link). However, I'm sure you have already come up with design ideas and am sure whatever you decide will look nice.

As for the contributing part, well again, I dont have any intention of importing. Also, any research on my part would be third hand currently and, given the lower scope of popularity of this game, would prolly be the same sources that you would have access to. Once, US release hits, that might be a different story but at that time I highly doubt you wont be flooded with submissions anyway. ^_~

In any case I'm glad we could talk more and I look forward to your responses to my questions.

Thank You

Edit: Correction, it was 50ish pages total (the image dump), and it only felt like I was halfway done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-04 13:22 ]</font>

Kyuu
Oct 4, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-10-04 05:52, AngelLight wrote:

This reeks of paranoia. Though this wasn't directed at any one person (which I acknowledge), I am the OP of this thread and this comment can be seen as aimed at me.

I have a good reputation on this site, as well as on other sites including a lot of work in both the Wow's and GW's wikis... so on and so forth...

This sort of response seems a bit out of touch with the general tone of this otherwise constructive thread. As stated, this was a request for more information aimed at mostly PSUpedia ppl (since they can be seen as experts for the current time being)... yadda yadda yadda...

... Cause I believe this posturing only serves to hurt and undermine the need for a strong community...
... *exaggerated anime-style sweatdrop* You're kidding right?

He was quite obviously semi-joking with the "we're not hiding anything because if we were then you were" comment. Because it's a Wiki... you know... Wikis can be edited and updated by anyone at any time. It was a response to the 'paranoia' that the 'PSUpedia people' might 'have something up their sleeves'. Basically, he was pointing out how rediculous the very notion was.

Your little rant is a little off the wall for such a miniscule comment (which you quite thoroughly misinterpreted as some sort of attack or 'posturing,' although it was neither).

Anyways, my thanks to those who are doing such good work on the PSUpedia site. When I get my copy of the NA release, I'll try and help out a little with odds and ends... if I can tear myself away from the game for long enough, of course. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-04 14:05 ]</font>

Asim
Oct 4, 2006, 04:03 PM
I said 'lol we're not hiding anything...' because someone specifically just said we might have something up our sleeves in this thread (which was probably just a half-joke, anyway), when the site is really a collaborative effort which gets updated regularly by several users. My post was just as constructive as any other post here and still clarified a lot of that Tycho and Mewn added in a shorter post with more or less cowbell. I just wanted people to understand that the weapon database is sufficient for pre-US release in case they haven't checked it out and get any wrong ideas, this a PSUPedia thread after all and I can say anything relevant. You should be able to understand why I posted everything, and the post was barely directed to you if you were paranoid, there is no OP in this thread to confront.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asim on 2006-10-04 14:08 ]</font>

Kadavreski
Oct 4, 2006, 04:49 PM
man, if i had something up my sleeve, i wouldn't have to hire THESE goons. :B

but yeah, psupedia people? pfft. the day people start asking me psu questions is the day i hide in an internet shell of some form :[

edit: oh yeah, 'bout those whips, you can blame JonF for that, he pasted a list of some form into irc AGES ago, i think grenades or some crap were listed too. don't get your hopes up...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mechgun_mike on 2006-10-04 14:59 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Oct 4, 2006, 06:43 PM
I just found this scan (http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up5801.jpg) which lists that fan-looking weapon as a card and the other double-handed gun as a grenade. (Grenade launcher, I'd assume.)

Here's some additional information on the expert types listed here.

Fortefighter: You must level your hunter's license to lv.10. You'll be able to use S-rank swords, knuckles, spears, double sabers, axes, twin sabers, twin daggers, twin claws, sabers, daggers and claws; you can also equip A-rank handguns.

Fortegunner: You must level your ranger's license to lv.10. You'll be able to use S-rank rifles, shotguns, grenades, laser cannons, twin handguns, handguns, crossbows and machineguns; you can also equip A-rank spears, sabers and daggers.

Fortecher: You must level your force's license to lv.10. You'll be able to use S-rank longbows, cards, rods and wands; you can also equip A-rank spears, twin daggers, sabers, daggers and handguns.

Fighgunner: You must have a lv.5 hunter's license and a lv.3 ranger's license. You can equip S-rank double sabers, twin sabers, twin daggers, sabers and daggers; also A-rank swords, knuckles, spears, twin claws, claws, twin handguns, handguns, crossbows and machineguns.

Guntechers: You must have a lv.5 ranger's license and a lv.3 force's license. You can equip S-rank rifles, twin handguns, handguns and machineguns; A-rank sabers, daggers, shotguns, longbows, crossbows, cards and wands.

Wartecher: You must have a lv.3 hunter's license and a lv.5 force's license. you can equip S-rank twin daggers, daggers and wands; A-rank knuckles, spears, twin sabers, twin claws, sabers, claws, longbows, handguns and cards.

Protranser: You need lv.5 licenses as a hunter, ranger and force to become a protranser. There appear to be no S-ranks which can be equipped, but you can use A-rank swords, knuckles, spears, axes, sabers, shotguns, grenades, laser cannons and handguns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-10-04 16:59 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 4, 2006, 06:52 PM
Awesome find Espio, thanks for the translation

Grenade Launcher huh? *starts leveling ranger now*

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Oct 4, 2006, 07:10 PM
Great work as always Espio... Very useful info... though I'm still kinda hoping its subject to a little change =x
Wartechers only get S rank in three weapons =(
Only two of which are HU weapons ><

cards huh? So... the "fan" icon is cards? maybe?
how terribly dissappointing =(
I want slicers D=

Rizen
Oct 4, 2006, 07:15 PM
Nice find Espio, Grenader Launcher? /drool
I still think im going Guntecher tho, that or Protranser. But after hearing Fortegunner i dunno.
Anymore info on Protanser btw?

Lovejuice
Oct 4, 2006, 07:26 PM
Cards! Joy.

Nice one Espio. Interesting thing on Wartecher's S-rank equippables. A storm of rage and much eDrama will no doubt come of this!

Protransers certainly look interesting. They can't equip any Force-only weapons, yet still have the Level 5 requirement. Perhaps mental strength will factor in to the usage of the advanced traps?

EspioKaos
Oct 4, 2006, 09:01 PM
No problem, guys. I do what I can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (I just feel so out of the loop right now because I haven't had much time lately to help out. Gah, I hope I'm not as busy as I've been recently by the time PSU comes out.)

On 2006-10-04 17:15, Rizen wrote:
Anymore info on Protanser btw?
Nah, not really anything new. The blurb mentions that despite not being able to use techs, protransers' skill and bullet PAs can reach lv.30. (Well, is specifically says they can reach "their highest levels," so I'm assuming each goes to 30.) It also mentions that those who use this expert type will probably end up spending much of their meseta on traps.

Rizen
Oct 4, 2006, 09:06 PM
I kinda figured as much that Protansers would be spending much of their money on traps instead of weapons and stuff. Still interesting imo. Thanks for the reply!

Kyuu
Oct 4, 2006, 09:53 PM
Nice find there Espio. Sheds a lot of new light on the Expert Types, and now we know the requirements. I'm thankful the requirements aren't absurd (like job level 30 in both RA/FO for Guntecher or anything like that), so it's not too big a hassle to get the required levels in the appropriate jobs.

And the fan is listed as a card? That's definitely odd... but since they're quite obviously a FO-oriented weapon, I guess we can't hold out hope that it functions like a slicer.

I do want to see that grenade launcher in action, though. o_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-04 19:54 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Oct 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
Neat. Good find. Hmmm... Definitely not what I expected in alot of those cases... I'll just say I would have divided the useable weapon types differently :/

So will we be able to switch to these advanced classes very soon after we start playing? There must be something else that has to be done first. Just those job-level requirements seems extremely low.

hmm, perhaps that info could have used a separate thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Rizen
Oct 4, 2006, 10:07 PM
On 2006-10-04 20:05, RoninJoku wrote:
hmm, perhaps that info could have used a separate thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I second this. People will prolly over look this info if its not on the first page or own thread.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 10:37 PM
a fan that shoots cards???? what kind of weapon is that???? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 11:27 PM
perhaps it means that fans attack like pso cards? in pso cards had a combo string of 1 hit,1 hit,
3 hits and at close range the final 3 hits would all strike 1 target.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 11:28 PM
so what were the cards like? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

do you throw/shoot them or like slap enemies with them? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 11:53 PM
think gambit from x-men and you will have a close idea

DraginHikari
Oct 5, 2006, 12:37 AM
Cards were pretty much thrown as a range weapon, though not exactly an effective one in PSO anyway. They were strictly force weapons and did little damage and weren't very fast. They were kind of a novelty weapon more then anything.

Alisha
Oct 5, 2006, 04:43 AM
On 2006-10-04 22:37, DraginHikari wrote:
Cards were pretty much thrown as a range weapon, though not exactly an effective one in PSO anyway. They were strictly force weapons and did little damage and weren't very fast. They were kind of a novelty weapon more then anything.

your joking right? Talis/Mahu and Guardiana were both powerful but situational. the final hit from card combo could steal incredible amounts of tp at close range. and guardiana had a spirit special attack with wich i could drop many monsters. the section id cards and dancing hitogata sucked though and sadly i never got my hands on an s-rank card. a lot of times if i was tired i would just through support techs with my fomarl then throw my 30% hit talis at things

Tystys
Oct 5, 2006, 04:46 AM
On 2006-10-03 13:08, NuclearRanger wrote:
Whips and gernades would rule lol

Ehhh, not really, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Grenades would make things a bit easy if you ask me. As for whips, I think they would be pretty cool to have too. Wouldn't use em, but they'd be anice addition.

Kadavreski
Oct 5, 2006, 05:36 AM
On 2006-10-04 17:26, Lovejuice wrote:
Cards! Joy.

Nice one Espio. Interesting thing on Wartecher's S-rank equippables. A storm of rage and much eDrama will no doubt come of this!

Protransers certainly look interesting. They can't equip any Force-only weapons, yet still have the Level 5 requirement. Perhaps mental strength will factor in to the usage of the advanced traps?

Extra mode is probably different, but...

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1727/burrea3.png (http://imageshack.us)

Tycho
Oct 5, 2006, 06:18 AM
L30 Skills and Bullets for Protranser? Sounds pretty broken to me. o_O;

Edit: Random find I deemed to be interesting: according to http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up5809.jpg, enemies all have item types associated with them, which would be used for their drops. This sounds much like PSO to me, in which monsters dropped either nothing, Meseta, a 'tool item', a rare, or something else according to their associated item type (either weapons, armors or units).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-10-05 04:33 ]</font>

AngelLight
Oct 5, 2006, 07:17 AM
Thank You Espio and Tycho for your info. I'm glad some people are taking my request a bit more seriously.

But since this is more involving classes then weapons, perhaps this should be done in a new thread?

Also off subject to Tycho, but the scan you sent, the cat in the top left....is that supposed to be like the magazine's mascot or is SEGA trying something new in PR?

Tycho
Oct 5, 2006, 09:16 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say it might be a mascot of Famitsu (the magazine) or something. I don't think it has anyone to do with PSU; never seen it before.

AngelLight
Oct 5, 2006, 09:34 AM
ok, I figured that might of been famitsu....they've been a big supporter of the old PSO games. Thanks

darthplagis
Oct 5, 2006, 11:49 AM
yeah as tycho mentioned with his find of enemy drops is true, varha for example drops its nail (enemy part) as its rare, as does svaltus (svaltus edge) and those big delbiter like lion/dog in relics drops a handgun all as rare drops, bil de bear drops a good unit (i couldnt use it tho) and thedemenians in HIVE drops whitillwing, all of these SEEM to drop more frequent than PSO 'rare' drops but at a rate and variation frequency that suggest a system VERY like PSO (as wepons arnt dropped regularly i assume ANY wepon drops are rare drops). i have found quite a few 'rare' drops from enemies on extra (as most importers have) but i imagine SEGA altering drops online so as to control item distribution and drop frequency.