PDA

View Full Version : What should I get PSU for?

BlueDagger
Oct 3, 2006, 04:24 PM
It's either Playstation2 or PC...

If I get it for Playstation I'm going to have to get a USB keyboard too. And I probably rather have it for PC in the first place...

If I get it for PC I'm taking a chance that maybe it wont run to great. Here's my system information:

"Pentium(R)4 CPU 1.80GHz
1.80GHz
480 MB of RAM"

I can run World of Warcraft and City of Heroes fine, but I don't know how PSU would run.

If someone could give me some advice about my computer and how well PSU will work, or if a should just go ahead and the PS2 version it'd be apreciated.

Krltplps
Oct 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
You can always upgrade any single piece in your PC. You cannot upgrade your PS2 unless you feel like getting a brand new ps3 for a zillion dollars.

Mad_Hatt3r
Oct 3, 2006, 05:09 PM
Wow. I'd say go for the ps2 version.

I'm not even sure how you access basic websites with ram that low.

Either that, or beef up your computer.

It needs it.

Kyuu
Oct 3, 2006, 06:19 PM
You'll definitely be hurting unless you upgrade your RAM to a level above 512MB. Your RAM count is a little odd... would seem like you're running 4 chips: a 256MB, a 128, a 64, and a 32. o_0 That's perfectly sufficient for most everyday tasks, like internet browsing and word processing, but it's inadequate for any kind of modern gaming.

Anyway,you left out one very important component of your system that makes it pretty hard to asess how well your computer can handle PSU: the videocard?

With that level of RAM and an older P4, I'd say you're probably better off with the PS2 version, unless your videocard is something exceptional.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-03 16:25 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Oct 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
what are you talking about? I only have 96 mb ram and my com. goes as fast as an 12 mps connection would...and my DSL runs 546 kbs..my only problem is running PC games

Kyuu
Oct 3, 2006, 06:27 PM
96 Megs...? What OS are you running?

And obviously, your RAM doesn't affect your connection speed, but it certainly affects the performance of the applications you're running, which would include your internet browser.

Tystys
Oct 3, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-10-03 16:27, Kyuu wrote:
96 Megs...? What OS are you running?

And obviously, your RAM doesn't affect your connection speed, but it certainly affects the performance of the applications you're running, which would include your internet browser.

Exactly, upgrading your ram is definantly something you should do. It will help you run this game on your computer alot more smoothly, and if you don't believe me, just read the post above, XD.

If you can, get it for the PC.

Chaobo99
Oct 3, 2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, I know it does all that but I was just saying I have 96mb and run smoothly on all applications except games..(or at least the high graphics ones)

Alexandrious1
Oct 3, 2006, 06:33 PM
On 2006-10-03 14:48, Krltplps wrote:
You can always upgrade any single piece in your PC. You cannot upgrade your PS2 unless you feel like getting a brand new ps3 for a zillion dollars.

Funny thing on that, me and my friend whos a manager at my favorite game store, talked bout the crazy price for PS3 and how hes only gonna have 5 of em on release day due to only 4 preordering it.

Guy with a kid walked in and said

"Hy, id like to cancel my preorder on the PS3 and get the money I put down for it back? Its...not in the budget right now"

I looked away trying to hold back a laugh at this. Manager gave him 200 bucks and the guy walked off.

600 bucks for a system, and you have to preorder 2 games along with it. Good f'n game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-10-03 16:34 ]</font>

RamenEater
Oct 3, 2006, 06:42 PM
Hmm, can someone gimme some sort of reference? My comp runs FFXI very smoothly but WoW has a tough time, is this game more towards WoW or what? You can gimme other game references too,

Tystys
Oct 3, 2006, 06:43 PM
If you post your specs in the "Can my computer run PSU" thread, you'll get a response pretty quickly.

Alexandrious1
Oct 3, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-10-03 16:42, RamenEater wrote:
Hmm, can someone gimme some sort of reference? My comp runs FFXI very smoothly but WoW has a tough time, is this game more towards WoW or what? You can gimme other game references too,

Tough time with World of Warcraft? o_O Yet FFXI runs smoothly?

I find that quite odd...wernt the recommended specs for FFXI higher then WoW? I dont remember its been years.

RamenEater
Oct 3, 2006, 06:51 PM
No way, WoW was definitely more demanding than FFXI.

Sevenfold
Oct 3, 2006, 07:54 PM
PC all the way. If you can run heroes, I find it hard to believe you couldnt run PSU.

Kimil
Oct 3, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-10-03 15:09, Mad_Hatt3r wrote:
Wow. I'd say go for the ps2 version.

I'm not even sure how you access basic websites with ram that low.

Either that, or beef up your computer.

It needs it.

Its fine, My Dad only has
.53GHz and
128MB of RAM

and it works just fine for "access basic websites"

Killuminati
Oct 3, 2006, 11:43 PM
I don't know how you run wow with so low RAM. I had 512mb RAM while playing that game and I use to lag like hell. My PC is 1.7ghz btw and I have a Radeon 9600 256mb graphics card. I now have more RAM though 1 gig plus 512.

Also I am buying the PS2 version as I don't think my PC will run this game well and I perfer to play on a TV screen with a PS2 controller anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Killuminati on 2006-10-03 21:49 ]</font>

Mazoku
Oct 4, 2006, 12:58 AM
If it says you have 480 MB RAM, what you really need to be concerned with is the fact that you're probably running an integrated video card with 32 MB of your 512 RAM stick.

Yeah, I'd say get it for PS2.

Skyly
Oct 5, 2006, 01:17 AM
yeh... to me.. its all abut the ram.. that what makes you lag the most

btw.. i just bought an xbox 360 and reserved my copy today..

another not.. ** off topic ** is seems the game is being under marketed

Shinomaru
Oct 5, 2006, 12:21 PM
FFXI is more demanding then wow ESP in expansion areas. and yea dude i think getting it for ps2 would be a better choice for you. trust me running games close to the recommended specs isnt the best idea for online games when you dont know what the body count will be like. you might have to turn down your view clipping distance and stuff like that to save the stress on your ram. so in the end if u want decent full preformance ps2 will be best for you, unless you want to upgrade your pc.

Pengfishh
Oct 5, 2006, 12:42 PM
Well shit, how much does a gaming quality PC cost? There's no way it's significantly cheaper than a PS3.