PDA

View Full Version : question about cross platform playing

kazuma56
Oct 3, 2006, 06:49 PM
I'm planning on buying the PC version of the game and my brother also plans to buy the game but for the PS2 instead.

My question is, anyone know if I can use my PC version of the game to install it on his PC? and from there he would use his PS2 serials to have his own I.D or is it not scripted to I.Ds? and if I bought one copy I could install it on his PC and my own and be able to play together (i'm thinking it should work this way if it follows PSO:BB design as to how they get game I.D's.)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 3, 2006, 06:53 PM
I'm gonna go with maybe.

If ST does the same thing they did in Japan, then the (entire) game will be available for download online, but only if you already have an ID. If they do this, he can just use his PS2 ID to download the PC version. It doesn't really matter, though, since PS2 and PC servers are connected online.

Tystys
Oct 3, 2006, 07:08 PM
In terms of serial numbers? Like CD-KEYS? That's a big no-no. These serial numbers are attached to the game disc. Once they're registered to your account, the only one that can use that number is your account.

kazuma56
Oct 3, 2006, 07:21 PM
I know that, but the thing I trying to wrap my head around is the fact that the PC version installs on your PC and needs a serial (from what i hear) key while the PS2 version doesn't isntall... so does that mean the PS2 serial should work with a PC install of a different serial key? (as aforementioned, using my CD in his PC but using the PS2 serial when needed to differentiate accounts).

galaxy
Oct 3, 2006, 08:14 PM
im a little confused as to why you want to do this. the pc and ps2 share servers...and if your trying to get 3 accounts out of 2 it wont work...so why not just play yours on the pc and he'll play his on the ps2 and you can still play together?

Wubbie
Oct 3, 2006, 08:37 PM
He wants to use PC accounts on a PS2 and PS2 accounts on a PC...

FFXI players do it all the time... I BELIEVE if he was to make an account FIRST on the PS2, then he could switch to a PC version...

Do not hold me to that.

kazuma56
Oct 4, 2006, 11:06 AM
The reason why I want to do this is because i'm 100% certain that the offline game will NOT be played on my PC nor his, and buying 2 PC versions gaurantees that neither of us will touch the offline mode.

That being said, I want to buy the PC version and make him buy the PS2 version so if any of my PS2 friends want to try it out they can, and if my PC friends want to, they can also.

and no, I don't want to make 3 accounts but just 2... what i'm saying is that if I buy the PC version can I set it up on his PC using my disc and then he can alternate between whatever feels the best to him?

kazuma56
Oct 4, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-10-03 18:37, Wubbie wrote:
He wants to use PC accounts on a PS2 and PS2 accounts on a PC...

FFXI players do it all the time... I BELIEVE if he was to make an account FIRST on the PS2, then he could switch to a PC version...

Do not hold me to that.

Kind of.

Maybe my phrasing is just to broad, but lets see if i can simplify this.... does the game come with a serial key? if so, is that key tied to your account and does it need to be entered before installation or is it done via online so I COULD buy the PS2 version and PC version and setup 2 PC accounts (1 PC,1 PS2 and can have 1 on my PC and my brothers PC).

Xenofobia
Oct 5, 2006, 02:52 AM
The key is not bound to the install. you only need the key to make a account so you can play. you need to login in order to play offline on pc

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 02:59 AM
On 2006-10-03 17:08, Tystys wrote:
In terms of serial numbers? Like CD-KEYS? That's a big no-no. These serial numbers are attached to the game disc. Once they're registered to your account, the only one that can use that number is your account.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand bullshit.

There's no CD key.

You get a reg code.

You can use your reg code on PS2. Then you can get the PC version and use your reg code on that.

STOP SAYING SHIT YOU DO NOT KNOW.

I regged my account on PS2, it's pretty funny then ain't it that I can play on PC.

So it's best to buy the game for PS2, then download and play PC later. Because then you get a game you can play on either system.

galaxy
Oct 5, 2006, 03:06 AM
ok i see what your saying. this may have been posted already but i get it.

the thing is, with the ps2 and pc, (and with the 360, on different machines) your character is not tied to the machine its installed or played on, since it is server side. its only tied to your account. and you can access your account from any ps2 or pc i believe, regardless of any codes. so you can just install your pc game on both pcs, and the ps2 player should be able to access it with his ps2 account, as long as its been made from the ps2.

what you want is so that you and your brother can play online together while someone is playing the offline game on the ps2, right? if that's the case, im PRETTY sure you can do that.

Tystys
Oct 5, 2006, 04:43 AM
On 2006-10-05 00:59, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-10-03 17:08, Tystys wrote:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand bullshit.

There's no CD key.

You get a reg code.

You can use your reg code on PS2. Then you can get the PC version and use your reg code on that.

STOP SAYING SHIT YOU DO NOT KNOW.

I regged my account on PS2, it's pretty funny then ain't it that I can play on PC.

So it's best to buy the game for PS2, then download and play PC later. Because then you get a game you can play on either system.

OK, dick weed, I see your point. I didn't quite get his question, and I just thought it was a CD-KEY he was talking about.

My fucking mistake. I guess the world's going to end now that I said something wrong.

And I knew that you could use a PC account on the PS2,and vice versa, they share the same servers. It's a given. Don't jump down my throat over some fucking video game information.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-10-05 02:43 ]</font>

Tay200k
Oct 5, 2006, 05:04 AM
alot of you on thease forums are way to serious chill out its just a game...