PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss

luninja
Oct 3, 2006, 07:33 PM
I have seen the final boss of PSU. Judging by his looks, he's definately a dark attribute and extremel powerful. He also has 2 forms. Question is, is this Dark Falz in PSU or does he have a different name? Furthermore, is he also available in Extra mode as well? (I suspect this guy is Falz because when I searched for Falz on Youtube, he appeared as a result. Could be wrong anyway.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: luninja on 2006-10-03 17:36 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 3, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure if he's called Dark Falz specifically, but he does show up in the last mission of extra mode

phunk
Oct 3, 2006, 07:53 PM
From what I understand its a differen't Dark Force.

I don't think they're counting the other games in this mix. If they were, then they'd have to explain that whole bit with Profound Darkness and PSO's Dark Falz.

darthplagis
Oct 3, 2006, 07:57 PM
im @ lvl 80 and he's a peice of cake! thats storymode by the way

A2K
Oct 3, 2006, 08:32 PM
Dark Falz/Force/asdjfkla;f whatever has always been "Daaku Farasu" in Japanese. It was that way for all the original games, and that's how it was in PSO Episode 1 as well. The fellow at the end of PSU, is, curiously enough, rendered in Japanese as "Daruku Fakisu".

So, is he Falz? I guess the answer would be yes and no.

AnamanaAU
Oct 3, 2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe it's his brother, Derrick Falz?

Miphesto
Oct 3, 2006, 08:34 PM
this topic is just further reminder of how much fun people are having with this game and i still am not...i wish US versionwould just be released already...

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-10-03 18:34, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Maybe it's his brother, Derrick Falz?

Or his eviler twin!

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 11:03 PM
Maybe it's Dark Phallus.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 3, 2006, 11:04 PM
LOL GAIS, WUTS A SPOILER TAG?

I don't mind, but there are some here who probably do.

I think it should be the return of Dark Phallus.

Shit, foamcup beat me to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-10-03 21:04 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 3, 2006, 11:08 PM
i wonder if the great light has any minions that would be the equivalent of dark falz. actually ive been wondering if leukon knight could be a minion of the great light.

Souppy
Oct 3, 2006, 11:16 PM
I don't know why they would name it Dark Falz so I guess he's not Dark Falz. First of all, we killed Dark Falz in PSO and second, we are on another planet than Ragol.

Sinue_v2
Oct 3, 2006, 11:18 PM
Well, no... because the Great Light is dead.

Actually, there never was a Great Light. It was just a race of spiritual beings who waged civil war. The losers were imprisoned in an alternate dimension, and it's in there that they eventually formed over the eons into the Profound Darkness.

All that's left of the "Great Light", or the race that the PD was originally a part of are the spiritual beings like Re-Faze you find on Ryukros.

http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/re-faze1.gif

I think they were planning on bringing back the Great Light (they were never, explicitly, killed off) when going over ideas for a Phantasy Star V. Same universe, different solar system and different races. Nothing ever came of it though.

Pointless anyhow - since PSU, PSO, and PS are all seperate games with seperate storylines. It's like trying to connect all the Final Fantasy games in a single canoninity(?) because they all (mostly) have Chocobos and Moogles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-03 21:19 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 3, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-10-03 21:04, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
LOL GAIS, WUTS A SPOILER TAG?

I don't mind, but there are some here who probably do.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I think a topic named Final Boss is pretty obvious whats going to be discussed inside

And as mentioned, the last boss isn't actually Dark Falz, its (spoilers) Magashi fused with the SEED Core

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-10-03 21:34 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 11:36 PM
there was never any proof that the Great Light got killed.

it beat PD and then on Rykros it's stated that it left Algo, most likely to make new worlds and stuff.

Alisha
Oct 3, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-10-03 21:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Actually, there never was a Great Light. It was just a race of spiritual beings who waged civil war. The losers were imprisoned in an alternate dimension, and it's in there that they eventually formed over the eons into the Profound Darkness.

All that's left of the "Great Light", or the race that the PD was originally a part of are the spiritual beings like Re-Faze you find on Ryukros.

I think they were planning on bringing back the Great Light (they were never, explicitly, killed off) when going over ideas for a Phantasy Star V. Same universe, different solar system and different races. Nothing ever came of it though.

Pointless anyhow - since PSU, PSO, and PS are all seperate games with seperate storylines. It's like trying to connect all the Final Fantasy games in a single canoninity(?) because they all (mostly) have Chocobos and Moogles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-03 21:19 ]</font>

so the proufound darkness is a race and not a being/ actually the way you described that all the phantasy star games could be connected in a twisted way if the darkness can travel to alternate dimensions.

pso was my first phantasy star game so i love getting all this back info since ps4 is the only one i could bare to play. ps4 still holds up well to the test of time.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 3, 2006, 11:46 PM
PS2 > PS4, true story.

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 11:46 PM
On 2006-10-03 21:43, Alisha wrote:

On 2006-10-03 21:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:

so the proufound darkness is a race and not a being/ actually the way you described that all the phantasy star games could be connected in a twisted way if the darkness can travel to alternate dimensions.

pso was my first phantasy star game so i love getting all this back info since ps4 is the only one i could bare to play. ps4 still holds up well to the test of time.

ya, PSIV never gets old, just like Chrono Trigger, but better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 12:21 AM
there was never any proof that the Great Light got killed

True, but nothing has been heard of it since the time of the war. Even the guardians on Ryukros don't know what happened to the rest of their race. Originally it had been planned for the Great Light to have died, but then again, they also planned to reverse that idea and feature them in a later game - perhaps as the villans. But as I said, since nothing came of it - both viewpoints can be considered valid.

so the proufound darkness is a race and not a being

Not quite.. they were a race, at one time. Over the millenium they kind of... congeiled.. into a singluar being. However, parts of that being can still be seperated from the whole and act independantly.. hence Dark Falz/Dark Force. However, they are still the same being... despite being seperate. Dark Falz/Force is just and extension of the Profound Darkness.

It's a tricky subject to describe - and the best way I can do so is through linking it to Christianity. In Christianity, followers believe in the holy trinity - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. However, it's also understood that (though described as seperate) they are all just facets of the same being - god. In a way, you could make the correlation between God/Jesus and the Profound Darkness/Dark Force.

This is where a (reletively) new PSO/PS connection theory hinges... because even though the Profound Darkness was destoryed, there was still a Dark Falz present aboard the Alissa III. (The crashed spaceship in PSO) Since Falz and the Profound Darkness are the same being, that would mean that the Profound Darkness wasn't totally destroyed - just the bulk of it's power. Dark Falz in PSO is attempting to gain power, and eventually become the new Profound Darkness. This explains why he's so much more powerful than previous Falz/Forces - including the three form fight similar to that of the Profound Darkness in PSIV. In previous PS games, when Dark Falz/Force is defeated - he's gone. However in PSO, he continually lives on... first by continual reformation and D-cells.. and then later as the "The Great Shadow" and the "G.E.R.M".

In Phantasy Star Universe, it's possible that another Dark Falz managed to escape and repeat the process. After all, the Profound Darkness's prison was another dimension - which may or may not trancend time and space. Perhaps Algol wasn't the only exit from that dimension - and perhaps there were many more solar systems which acted as seals as well, with Algol simply being the weakest link. However, there is no evidence to support that claim. It'd be easier to claim that, with the destruction of Palma, multiple DF's were released - just as in PSIV's time.

Perhaps the Alisa III wasn't the only ship which harbored a Dark Falz. The Neo-Palm certainly seemed to know about Dark Falz, even after the millenia proceeding Palma's destruction, so it's possible they fought one of their own. Since many of these ships exited the Algol Solar System altogether - it's possible that one of them landed on the planets of Gurhal as well as Ragol. However, and I may be wrong on this, but it seems as though Gurhal acts as some kind of a seal as well - which would cast doubt on the previous idea. We'll have to wait until more information on the game comes out before testing the idea. There's also the SeeD, which could throw a kink in the idea.

It's just a theory. The truth is, PSU, PSO, and PS are all seperate and the only thing which allows Dark Falz to survive in PSO and PSU's time, is tradition.

pso was my first phantasy star game so i love getting all this back info since ps4 is the only one i could bare to play.

Well, you could also read the scripts for the games over at www.Phantasy-Star.net. Most of them only take up about one page, except for PS III & IV which takes up like 3 and 5 pages respectively. I'll eventually have them all up on the Wiki as well, with cross references, links, and footnotes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-03 22:32 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 12:45 AM
seed is probally just another term/metaphor for d-cellular lifeforms

A2K
Oct 4, 2006, 12:57 AM
There are SEED creatures, but SEED itself is more akin to the D-Factor, really. Although, even then, SEED's effects on the environment and local creatures are much more dramatic and obvious.

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 01:33 AM
i havent played psu yet but i dunno i thought ob lily to del lily was pretty dramatic unless del lillies are in fact former mericarols.

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 09:47 AM
I knew there was a reason why I liked your site Sinue...now I see why ^_^

There's always the possibility of a tie in should fan service be in order for SEGA to promote the game.....in which case we could see an expansion or a D/lable quest chain to allow for this.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
Danke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You know, it's strange because Sonic Team has stated again and again that PS and PSO are not connected. While that remains their official word, Sonic Team also kept adding in new content through the years which ocassionally connected (or at least paralleled) the two series significantly. I almost wonder if they did that simply for the fanbase, as it makes an excellent springboard for fanfiction.

Now, I've heard that PSO and PSU are supposed to take place in the same universe - but at different times and in completely seperate parts of the galaxy. So a tie-in with PSO is possible if Sonic Team chooses - and since all that's really seperating PSO from PS is confirmation of the link from point A to point B in reasoning, it wouldn't be TOO much of a streach to connect the whole enchelada... including even the side games like PSGaiden if they choose.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop.

EJ
Oct 4, 2006, 12:49 PM
it looks like a new form of dark falz but is really just Magashi mutated by seed

Eauijhkuu
Oct 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
Dark Force is a recurring themed villain throughout most of the phantasy stars, irregardless of the different solar systems that the chapters of PS take place in.

You can get more accurate details by reading the Wiki! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Force_%28Phantasy_Star%29

SeAm-NiNjA
Oct 4, 2006, 05:32 PM
OMFG OMFG Dark falz is not in this game dude this is like the 30th time i fricken told you
the thing you think is dark falz is sort of the mother seed thing i think beacuse my friend can sort of translate japines and he told me its not dark falz
oh and one moore thing
dark falz can KISS MY ***

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 08:58 PM
Uh... I believe we had translators here as well, a few of them, working on figuring out the name. I believe the closest we came is "Dark Faux" as the closest english translation. Essencially, what you fight in offline mode is NOT Dark Falz... true. However, we've yet to see even half of what the game really offers in terms of online mode. Since the two modes are connected by story - I wouldn't expect the final-final boss until the end of online mode anyhow.

Besides, you don't know what they're going to call it in the offical english translation. If they want, they can call it Dark Falz and it WILL be canon weither you like it or not. For instance, Dark Falz from Phantasy Star I didn't exist. Translated from the original japanese version - he is listed as Dark Force - however that wouldn't fit into the four character array AM8 developed. This was gotten around by making Dark Force two enemies in one - complete with double the HP (255+255=510) and double the attacks per round. This also doubled the space you could write his name in... hence the 8 letter name "DARKFALZ". This was made questionably canon later in the series by presenting the enemy "Prophallus" within the RIFT, and then confirmed canon in PSO.

So, we'll have to wait until the US translation - and until you actually have all the information about the game available until being able to concretely confirm or deny the existance of Dark Falz in PSU. In the meantime, we already have a Dark Falz-like boss at the end of offline mode and the tradition of almost 20 years of Phantasy Star weighing in Dark Falz's favor.

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-10-04 10:26, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Danke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You know, it's strange because Sonic Team has stated again and again that PS and PSO are not connected. While that remains their official word, Sonic Team also kept adding in new content through the years which ocassionally connected (or at least paralleled) the two series significantly. I almost wonder if they did that simply for the fanbase, as it makes an excellent springboard for fanfiction.

Now, I've heard that PSO and PSU are supposed to take place in the same universe - but at different times and in completely seperate parts of the galaxy. So a tie-in with PSO is possible if Sonic Team chooses - and since all that's really seperating PSO from PS is confirmation of the link from point A to point B in reasoning, it wouldn't be TOO much of a streach to connect the whole enchelada... including even the side games like PSGaiden if they choose.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop.

for this to be possible pso would have to take place after some collapse of psu civilization since the pioneer ships partly came to ragol in pursuit of photon energy while psu civilization appears to have very advanced photon technology. this further saddens me that we never got the opourtunity to explore the temple leukon knight guards especially since neither leukon knight or the temple itself seem dark in nature.

A2K
Oct 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-10-04 18:58, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Uh... I believe we had translators here as well, a few of them, working on figuring out the name. I believe the closest we came is "Dark Faux" as the closest english translation. Essencially, what you fight in offline mode is NOT Dark Falz... true. However, we've yet to see even half of what the game really offers in terms of online mode. Since the two modes are connected by story - I wouldn't expect the final-final boss until the end of online mode anyhow.

Besides, you don't know what they're going to call it in the offical english translation. If they want, they can call it Dark Falz and it WILL be canon weither you like it or not. For instance, Dark Falz from Phantasy Star I didn't exist. Translated from the original japanese version - he is listed as Dark Force - however that wouldn't fit into the four character array AM8 developed. This was gotten around by making Dark Force two enemies in one - complete with double the HP (255+255=510) and double the attacks per round. This also doubled the space you could write his name in... hence the 8 letter name "DARKFALZ". This was made questionably canon later in the series by presenting the enemy "Prophallus" within the RIFT, and then confirmed canon in PSO.

Eh, things always get tricky when canonity is brought up given how wildly inconsistent Phantasy Star has been. I'm not just talking about the English released games, either, I mean, even in the original Japanese games where things were Romanized on various monitors and screens and menus they don't agree.

Heck, even in the same game sometimes it isn't consistent. Garon/Gallon, anyone?

*sigh*

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 11:06 PM
Sonic Team is really going to have their work cut out for them if they ever do decide to try to link the series. I think the only workable way to do it would be to assume that multiple Dark Forces escaped aboard multiple worldships - many of which escaped Algol's solar system altogether. It would have to follow either Adan or Crys's ending. Those two had the Alisa III landing on a terran planet with moons similar to that of Ragol. The Neo-Palm likely had a Dark Force aboard their ship as well, since in Sean's ending the Neo-Palm intercepts the Alisa III after registering the battle against Dark Force on their sensors. They apperantly have experience fighting him, since noone knew of Dark Force outside of legends in PSII's time.

Dark Force was most likely never destoryed on either ship (he promises to return in 1,000 years after fighting him in PSIII) and without the two meeting - the Neo Palm may have headed off towards a completely new Solar Systerm, which may have been Gurhal. The Alisa III's populace were largely educated by dark ages standards after the collapse of their society durring the devistation war. It's possible that they died out within a few generation of landing on Ragol without leaving any substancial ruins behind. (Aside from the worldship/ruins). The Neo-Palm, however, did not engage in civil war - and seem to still be competant in the use of their technology. It's possible that after landing in Gurhal, the populace of the Neo-Palm flourished, and perhaps even fathered the modern human race in that solar system.

Then of course, come the problem of explaining Coral. Without getting too deep into it, it's possible that Coral is an advanced and futuristic Copto, the planet which Alis Landale colonized in Phantasy Star Gaiden. It would have been lost to Algol after the Great Collapse, but then perhaps reaquired later once society began to rise again. Palmans escaping the decaying Motavia would have found Coral a tempting emmigration option - and could have helped contribute to Coral's overpopulation problem. Numans didn't quite exist in that time either - but Rika's genes carried on through Rui and spread into the general population of Motavia could have been discovered by Montegue and Osto. In fact, Montegue may be a far distant reletive of Rika - and used gene therapy to express the Numan DNA in his body - making him the first Numan. He then isolated and duplicated that process, giving rise to the Numan race in PSO.

Anyway... that's just my ramblings and wild ideas on one way it COULD work, if Sonic Team wanted to.

Oh.. and as for Photon energy... Algol lacks Photon Energy since the Great Light left there many millions of years previous. They didn't need to return... they had left the Guardians and the artifacts needed to defend Algol. Eventually the race faded away - and it's possible that they became the Photon Energy which Coralians discover previous to PSO. There was no (or little) Photon Energy present on Coral.. and it took a meteor impact from Ragol for them to discover it. After all.. when defeated to it's simplest form - Dark Falz (expecially if you subscribe to the idea that he was trying to reform into the new Profound Darkness) becomes the G.E.R.M - another powerful energy which Pioneer 2 harnesses for their own uses.

A2K
Oct 4, 2006, 11:37 PM
I always thought the abnormal photons/D-Factor found buried underground on Ragol due to Dark Falz had some sort relation to the Black Energy Wave often mentioned in Phantasy Star IV.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 11:38 PM
now people are starting to make things up and rationalize things by filling the holes with educated guesses? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

don't think TOO hard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

A2K
Oct 4, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-10-04 21:38, Saner wrote:
now people are starting to make things up and rationalize things by filling the holes with educated guesses? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

don't think TOO hard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Believe me, it's nothing new. They are theories, and unless Sega publishes a game where they explain everything, it'll stay that way.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 11:43 PM
I still wonder how high the Landale was from the ground when Rika jumped off the ship and Chaz catches her. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 11:44 PM
I don't think Dark Falz has anything to do with Photons. It's true they have a reaction to his presence - but, again, that doesn't mean he's controlling them. Photons are, essencially, light particals. The idea of using "Photon Weapons" to defeat "Dark" enemies is an extension of the struggle against Good/Evil - a struggle between the Great Light and Profound Darkness which takes place on such a low level - but it's omnipresent in the Phantasy Star Online storyline. We simply get distracted by more focused storyline elements like the Heros v Arks, or Rico and Heithcliff's ensnarement.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 11:45 PM
Sinue_v2 wrote:

and Heithcliff's ensnarement.

Heathcliff! lol I watched that show. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

that was strange, one moment he's the star, then the other moment, some other cat and Cleo have their own little adventures. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-04 21:46 ]</font>

A2K
Oct 4, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-10-04 21:44, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I don't think Dark Falz has anything to do with Photons. It's true they have a reaction to his presence - but, again, that doesn't mean he's controlling them. Photons are, essencially, light particals. The idea of using "Photon Weapons" to defeat "Dark" enemies is an extension of the struggle against Good/Evil - a struggle between the Great Light and Profound Darkness which takes place on such a low level - but it's omnipresent in the Phantasy Star Online storyline. We simply get distracted by more focused storyline elements like the Heros v Arks, or Rico and Heithcliff's ensnarement.

I would agree with you but... what about Dark-elemental photons and dark photon weaponry (any of the Hell series in PSO, or any purple weapon in PSU)?

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 12:38 AM
Well, I don't recall specifically any "Dark-Photons" from PSO... though there were photon weapons which were more efficent at defeating Dark enemies. I don't have an explanation as to the particulars of what makes photons more efficent at damaging different enemies. However, I don't recall ever seeing a weapon effecient at defeating "Light" enemies - so on that point I think it would be safe to say that there weren't any "Dark" weapons which were designed to defeat "Light" enemies - since there were none. It was just Native, ABeast, Machine, and Dark. Even parts made of dark enemies were modified by Montegue to be used as weapons - which I could only assume would include infusing them with Photons.

Then again.. it may have nothing at all to do with Photons, as least, as far as efficency goes. The Akikio's Frying Pan is described as a non-photon weapon - yet it also has effiencies. (Though I think that can just be dismissed as game mechanics and not having to change the game engine for a storyline hiccup.)

As for PSU, well it's a different game than PSO and doesn't necessarily follow the same rules or ideas which shaped PSO. It is a hiccup in the theory, I'll admit. Perhaps there are also Dark Photons, after all - since originally the Profound Darkness and Great Light were one and the same beings. It's possible that Dark Photons simply were not revealed in PSO - nor was a "light" equivilent to the Germ.

Part of this I'm just figuring out as it goes along - and I'll have to wait till I get a copy of PSU and learn it's storyline before I can see if all the pieces fit correctly, or if there's another component that I'm missing which changes the dynamic of the theory.

landman
Oct 5, 2006, 01:25 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Ragol is a future Earth? The continents from PionerII look similar, and the planet with the explosion in the title screen of the 1st PSO IS Earth. Then a civilization sealed Dark Falz in the ship: Earthlings before PS2 or NeoParmans "after" PSIII (time travels and shit). Of course the multiple moons on Ragol don't make sense in this theory…

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 02:05 AM
It's likely that at one time Sonic Team may have wanted to connect PSO to PS through Aron's ending - and they even went so far as to create a "Wren" model android in their pre-production art. However the decision was made to have PSO be a stand-alone title. Some of the art and connections to previous PS games stayed, perhaps to give old players references and spark just these kinds of discussions.

As far as Ragol goes - the continents resemble Earth only in-so-far as Episode I is concerned. Once you start getting into Episode II and Episode III (which has an overworld map) the cartography of the planet changes completely, as does the composition of the Solar System which Ragol is in.

landman
Oct 5, 2006, 04:15 AM
***, I still have to complete Episode III, I'm very bad on it...