PDA

View Full Version : whitil wing.



darthplagis
Oct 3, 2006, 08:02 PM
ok doing a run through the HIVE i killed a dimenian thing and it dropped a whitill wing, now how the hell do i equipp the damn thing???

ive switched to a force job i have a spare extra slot in my armour what do i need to do now im lvl 80 in story BTW???

Ether
Oct 3, 2006, 08:04 PM
Only thing I can think of (havent seen the whitil wing yet) is that the item is higher ranked than your armor

Edit: Whitill wing is S-rank so you need S-rank armor to equip it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-10-03 18:04 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Oct 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
Is it force only?

galaxy
Oct 3, 2006, 08:12 PM
no im pretty sure any class can use it

Maxurion
Oct 3, 2006, 08:16 PM
.... is it CAST only?

JubeiSaotome
Oct 3, 2006, 08:22 PM
It's every race and every class.

IT'S A UNIT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JubeiSaotome on 2006-10-03 18:23 ]</font>

darthplagis
Oct 3, 2006, 08:27 PM
definately armour class, only prob is S class armour is 900K which is nice.

Sevenfold
Oct 3, 2006, 09:03 PM
Cant help but think its not all that rare, Iv seen it in so many places now. Either that or people just play offline hacked characters. Either way, I still dig it.

JubeiSaotome
Oct 3, 2006, 09:11 PM
Remember they only have it offline, offline is a cakewalk.

Kindaichi
Oct 3, 2006, 11:08 PM
I hope they add stuff like this online. Stuff that is extremely rare and makes you stand out from the rest.

Zalana
Oct 4, 2006, 02:47 PM
If you play the Hive levels quite a bit then it's not hard to get. I got it fairly quickly even though I have S-Rank Armor/Shield.

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 02:57 PM
I wish they wouldn't have done extra mode. In a way it's good, but it lowers the "OMFG RARE" value of rares because 90% of the people seem to be saying "Oh. That old thing. I've seen those so many times it's not even funny."

Eclavdra
Oct 4, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-10-04 12:57, Cigaro wrote:
I wish they wouldn't have done extra mode. In a way it's good, but it lowers the "OMFG RARE" value of rares because 90% of the people seem to be saying "Oh. That old thing. I've seen those so many times it's not even funny."



True, but... if items are still rare online then they're still rare online.

Like, just because thousands of other people had a Demolition Comet didn't mean I didn't almost fall out of my chair when a red slime dropped one for my Skyly in Ult Caves! When I realized it had 25% hit, untekked, I thought I was going to need medical assistance.

If items are hard to get online you'll still feel good when you get one and, at least at first, you'll stand out when you wield it.

DiosGX
Oct 4, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-10-03 19:03, Sevenfold wrote:
Cant help but think its not all that rare, Iv seen it in so many places now. Either that or people just play offline hacked characters. Either way, I still dig it.


You've got to be kidding me. In a game of odds and randomness let's just pretend the Whitill wing is a 1:30,000 drop. You have 100 people doing HIVE runs and killing the enemy that drops it about 60 times per run. You really think nobody is going to find it at all just because it has a low drop rate? The 1 in the drop ratio does have a value. Sorry, but I find your cop-out of "maybe they hack" to be incredibly weak sauce.






On 2006-10-04 12:57, Cigaro wrote:
I wish they wouldn't have done extra mode. In a way it's good, but it lowers the "OMFG RARE" value of rares because 90% of the people seem to be saying "Oh. That old thing. I've seen those so many times it's not even funny."

Your point seems to be "I want to be a PSU celebrity because I have uncommon equipment". For the whole what, 100 people who actually play extra mode, you feel it shouldn't be there at all?

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-10-04 14:05, Eclavdra wrote:
True, but... if items are still rare online then they're still rare online.

Like, just because thousands of other people had a Demolition Comet didn't mean I didn't almost fall out of my chair when a red slime dropped one for my Skyly in Ult Caves! When I realized it had 25% hit, untekked, I thought I was going to need medical assistance.

If items are hard to get online you'll still feel good when you get one and, at least at first, you'll stand out when you wield it.


I suppose you're right, but I'd prefer rare items to be equally as rare online and off.

DiosGX
Oct 4, 2006, 04:14 PM
Well I can tell you right now they aren't. I've gotten a total of 2 Kubara Lumbers in about 90 hours of playtime, whereas people online have gotten upwards of 6 in far less time.

So pretty much your point is uh, rather unfounded and doesn't really matter.

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 04:14 PM
On 2006-10-04 14:10, DiosGX wrote:
Your point seems to be "I want to be a PSU celebrity because I have uncommon equipment". For the whole what, 100 people who actually play extra mode, you feel it shouldn't be there at all?


My point is that half the fun of PSO was finding the rares. If the rares are easy to find offline then why would I care if I found it online?

It's actually the OPPOSITE of what you said. If I didn't care about this, It'd mean I just wanted a rare to be different and special. When I go after a rare, it's because it's something I really want, not because I care if it's "popular" or not. I don't even play PSU yet. ASS of U and ME.

Parn
Oct 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
I like how we've seen less "rare" items in PSU than what was in PSO version 1 on Dreamcast through various playthroughs of extra mode, and several people act like that's the extent of the equipment available in the game while barely anything is unlocked online.

A2K
Oct 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
Hmm, well, there's always the possibility that rares found offline will be different from the ones found online.

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
Anticipating your predictable reply: "Why are you commenting on a game you've never even played?"

My answer: Let's start a flame war about it if my opinion offends the fuck out of you that badly.

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 04:22 PM
I just think it's shitty that people have this "oh that old thing I don't care" mentality about what are supposed to be hard-to-get items. Maybe I'm wrong, but who cares.

Eclavdra
Oct 4, 2006, 04:29 PM
I actually kind of know what you mean, Cigaro.

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 04:35 PM
I mean, in PSO, duping got so bad to the point where anyone with a rare weapon or something was assumed to have duped it. I was hoping it'd be different in PSU, but apparently rare weapons and the like are boring already. Does anyone know WHY they're keeping most of the content locked? Will it stay locked for the US version? How long?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one thinking these crazy thoughts.

Sevenfold
Oct 4, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-10-04 14:10, DiosGX wrote:


On 2006-10-03 19:03, Sevenfold wrote:
Cant help but think its not all that rare, Iv seen it in so many places now. Either that or people just play offline hacked characters. Either way, I still dig it.


You've got to be kidding me. In a game of odds and randomness let's just pretend the Whitill wing is a 1:30,000 drop. You have 100 people doing HIVE runs and killing the enemy that drops it about 60 times per run. You really think nobody is going to find it at all just because it has a low drop rate? The 1 in the drop ratio does have a value. Sorry, but I find your cop-out of "maybe they hack" to be incredibly weak sauce.






On 2006-10-04 12:57, Cigaro wrote:
I wish they wouldn't have done extra mode. In a way it's good, but it lowers the "OMFG RARE" value of rares because 90% of the people seem to be saying "Oh. That old thing. I've seen those so many times it's not even funny."

Your point seems to be "I want to be a PSU celebrity because I have uncommon equipment". For the whole what, 100 people who actually play extra mode, you feel it shouldn't be there at all?



Cop-out? Dude spare me your high and might stool for a second k? People on THESE boards have admitted to hacking their offline toons in PSU. Personally, I think its stupid, but I dont really care in the long run. Its just a simple sentence, you went into it way too much.

Cigaro
Oct 4, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-10-04 15:46, Sevenfold wrote:
Cop-out? Dude spare me your high and might stool for a second k? People on THESE boards have admitted to hacking their offline toons in PSU. Personally, I think its stupid, but I dont really care in the long run. Its just a simple sentence, you went into it way too much.


I appreciate your viewpoint, but I can't believe you just called characters "toons".

JubeiSaotome
Oct 4, 2006, 06:33 PM
On 2006-10-04 14:19, Parn wrote:
I like how we've seen less "rare" items in PSU than what was in PSO version 1 on Dreamcast through various playthroughs of extra mode, and several people act like that's the extent of the equipment available in the game while barely anything is unlocked online.


Thread over.