PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Speeds

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 11:53 PM
The difference in the speed of weapons is obvious but I was wondering if there is any actual solid numbers on weapon speeds?

Saner
Oct 3, 2006, 11:56 PM
well Swords are like a 1 and Knuckles are like a 3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 3, 2006, 11:58 PM
Seriously, why don't you just wait and see for yourself? Or just watch some videos, you can get a decent idea of relative speed from those.

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 11:59 PM
I'm playing the import right now. I just wanted to know if anyone has solid numbers on the subject. Thinking of researching it myself. So should it be in like hits per second?

Souppy
Oct 4, 2006, 12:01 AM
There is no stats of the weapon's speed available and there probably won't be because it's not usefull.

Saner
Oct 4, 2006, 12:03 AM
ya just trying out the weapons yourself is self explanatory which ones are faster than others.

-Break-
Oct 4, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-10-03 22:01, Souppy wrote:
There is no stats of the weapon's speed available and there probably won't be because it's not usefull.

Some people may want to caculate their DPS...

And yes I'm not a moron I know which weapons are faster than others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-03 22:05 ]</font>

Souppy
Oct 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
Thinking of which, I really don't know which kind of weapon my female Beast will use? hmm... tough choice.

foamcup
Oct 4, 2006, 12:07 AM
My brain is cluttered with enough game related info, I don't need to know how many hits per second I can do with knuckles or claws.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 4, 2006, 12:07 AM
Calculating exact DPS is utterly pointless, in my humble opinion, since it depends entirely upon the enemy you are facing and which buffs/debuffs may or may not be in effect.

-Break-
Oct 4, 2006, 12:08 AM
Yes, I know it's pointless in PSU, I'm just bored damn it.

foamcup
Oct 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
On 2006-10-03 22:08, -Break- wrote:

Ha, ha, me too. Go break out an old game and play it. I'm about to go dig up my N64 and play Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Caliber again to pass the remaining weeks until the NA release.

Souppy
Oct 4, 2006, 12:11 AM

Then, talk to us about your character and how awesome he/she will be... and we'll pretend to be interested and we'll write our own and others will pretend to be interested and will do the same... lol... I'm getting too sarcastic.

-Break-
Oct 4, 2006, 12:13 AM
On 2006-10-03 22:11, Souppy wrote:

Then, talk to us about your character and how awesome he/she will be... and we'll pretend to be interested and we'll write our own and others will pretend to be interested and will do the same... lol... I'm getting too sarcastic.

I'm playing the import right now...already awsome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Souppy
Oct 4, 2006, 12:16 AM
I don't want to play the import... 'cause what I like the most about MMORPGs are the first days when you explore what's new and take your time to appreciate the game and how well (or badly) it's been made.

-Break-
Oct 4, 2006, 12:30 AM
Ok, just tested single saber. This is using Ethan, simply mashing the button as fast as possible, you can of course increase the combo time about .12 seconds if you time the combo perfectly. This is calculated from an average of ten consistent trials. Decimals are rounded to the ten-thousandths. With single saber I got 2.0214 hit per second and with single dagger I got 2.8923 hits per second.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-03 22:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-03 22:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-03 22:49 ]</font>

Miyoko
Oct 4, 2006, 06:18 AM
Okay, this is -not- WoW... There's no point in trying to calculate your DPS, because it's not going to be accurate. You can make a rough estimate, and that's the best you're going to have to settle for. There are far, far to many variables in a fight that can screw up your calculations, not to mention enemy defences, elemental weakness, and phonton arts.

Not to mention, your actuall attack speed swinging at air, and hitting an enemy are different, since hitting enemies causes slight delays in the animation.

DizzyDi
Oct 4, 2006, 06:53 AM
Break, I think it'd actually better better if you put the weapon delay on some sort of scale, like from 1-10, 1 being the slowest 10 being the fastest. DPS isn't really needed like everyone said, but weapon speed is a big factor nonetheless. I'm interested in seeing what is the fastest weapon out there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lotte
Oct 4, 2006, 07:04 AM
One small thing to take into account with DPS is the amount of enemies you hit, my beast hunter uses a spear quite a bit, it is slower than say, a saber or knuckles, but i can hit multiple enemies, it kind of pierces forward.

EnSill
Oct 4, 2006, 07:14 AM

Loved that one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Honesty rocks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(Those forums are really fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Break... forget about DPS.
Maybe knowing the classification of weapons in speed can be interesting, but it really isn't DPS.
And Lotte got a point.
(And I can't think of another ORPG where you can hit several opponents with a simple hit, not a special skill... duh.)

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
Honestly, Break, I think you should continue to do research on this. Anything constructive is a positive thing and I think you have the right mentality. Even if what you produce is "Theory Star Universe" stuff, at least you got people thinking about it.

At least it isn't threads about people being bored or not being able to wait. I'm sure someday this thread or a thread like it will deliver ^_^

-Break-
Oct 4, 2006, 03:54 PM
Okay people let me lay it down for you. I do not give a shit about DPS, especially in a game such as PSU. I'm not trying to frickin min-max here, just curious. I hated WoW with a passion and still do. By figuring out how many times a weapon hits in a second I plan to put them to scale just as DizzyDi said. So far I have finished single saber, single dagger, and single claw and plan to have most of the rest done by today. Then I will create a scale.

Kaply
Oct 4, 2006, 04:56 PM
What you need to calculate is frames per second and then calculate the FPS of enemy attacks, then you can gauge how useful each weapon is, based upon their probability of being interrupted or interrupting an opponent. Also do this for skills as well.

But then again, this may be useless since latency may kill the results.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-10-04 14:56 ]</font>

-Break-
Oct 4, 2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, well for fps, the game is running as fast as possible (graphics on low and such), and the timer for missions is running at the same speed as a stopwatch so I figure it's damn close enough. I'm simply going for weapons ratings, usefulness is a different story. So far I'm done with everything but double saber, twin daggers, and twin claws. Working on twin sabers right now...my thumbs hurt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-04 15:05 ]</font>