PDA

View Full Version : Force: Force weapon setup

fireant
Oct 4, 2006, 03:17 AM
I have a question about force weapon setup up. With Canes holding 2 spells and Rods holding 4 how do you balance the spells equipped in them to be effective in damage and parity support. Also for the use of canes how useful is that ability to use a handgun in you left hand.

happy_peanut
Oct 4, 2006, 03:39 AM
yay I can help Canes have LOW pp and can hold two techs and if u put two of the same elements if gets a bonus quite a nice one from extra mode ive seen not sure online...and staffs same way all elements = nice bonus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but im not sure about mixing spells http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I have a pic showing my all ice cane doing massive dmg hehe but i dunno how to post it. as for the hand gun if ur good at aiming is nice but meh i suck with a gun hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Hope i finally helped someone

Sev
Oct 4, 2006, 03:41 AM
Damn man... I'm not sure if I can answer your question correctly or not because I didn't mess around with the Force equipment.

For Bullets and Skills, you can assign them to your weapons... I'd assume that Techs work the same way.

You can buy the Technique at a shop, use the item to learn the Technique, then equip it to the Cane or Staff of your choice. As long as you learn it, I think you may be able to place the same Tech on multiple weapons but I'm really not sure. If I'm wrong though, I'm sure someone will come around and correct the info so it's not that big of a deal...

I'd assume though, that offhanding a ranged weapon is good for tagging and conserving PP on your Cane. It's useful depending on the situation really.

fireant
Oct 4, 2006, 04:26 AM
On 2006-10-04 01:39, happy_peanut wrote:
yay I can help Canes have LOW pp and can hold two techs and if u put two of the same elements if gets a bonus quite a nice one from extra mode ive seen not sure online...and staffs same way all elements = nice bonus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but im not sure about mixing spells http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I have a pic showing my all ice cane doing massive dmg hehe but i dunno how to post it. as for the hand gun if ur good at aiming is nice but meh i suck with a gun hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Hope i finally helped someone

Ok I understand now. Thanks you the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

happy_peanut
Oct 4, 2006, 04:29 AM
yay enjoy PSU!

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 08:22 AM
My understanding about wands vs. canes are that wands will have a faster cast time (confirmation please?).

In that case, since you can hotswitch weapons on the fly, you'd want on a wand any techs that you would want the least casting time for. The most obvious case would be resta. In a nuking case, it would be the strongest bang for the buck dps tech you could do that would have the right balance between speed vs. potentially lower dmg from cane usage.

Hope that helps.

Biku
Oct 4, 2006, 09:09 AM
A little somethin extra to remember: Photon charges don't fully restore mixed (cane + handgun, saber + handgun, etc.) weapons to full PP. They each get 50% of their max.

foamcup
Oct 4, 2006, 09:17 AM
Yes, canes have a faster casting time.

Putting Resta on a cane is kinda double-edged, sure you get the speed, but Resta costs 20 PP(at least it does on extra mode, can someone confirm for online?), so it can blow through a cane's PP supply pretty quick.

Kaply
Oct 4, 2006, 09:29 AM
Depending on the level of the game, you may want to use gun+wand because you'll want to tag multiple enemies. PSU is very limiting on hitting multiple enemies at once. I'm tempted to say that all AoEs hit at most 3 targets at once. At the current online state, both wands and rods can get up to the same elemental bonus because there's only two techs of each elements and that's exactly what both a wand and rod can hold. I also believe that someone noted that rods recharge faster than wands, but also remember that there's a gun to tag enemies with.

I think optimally it would be best to carry around multiple wands/rods and set them to specific elements before the start of a mission to those that are most effective. Or if you want to level up specific ones and don't mind doing less damage.

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 09:33 AM
well in a duel wield case, this would be ideal for a Wartecher or a Fortefighter...where you're in melee range and you dont want to be in a cast animation while in that range. I see wands being mainly used to the effect of Buffing/Debuffing/Healing from a melee combat standpoint....where you're not relying on spells for your main damage source. Since Hunters (and I assume their expert derivitives) can use handguns....I can see two hotswaps, one with handgun/wand and saber-dagger-claw-etc./wand

The other practical purpose I can see out of this is for a Protrancer (the trap setter). If its anything like a Trapper Ranger from GW, then using traps as a main damage source can be a tricky affair....one would say perhaps a fine art. In which case mistakes happen and if its one that could potentially be a costly one, then a resta can save you from a death in such a case. This assumes it would be usable for this class.

As for straight out casting....I could see it as a way to spam things like foie for example. But in this case the issue of limited PP comes into question.

Of course, this is all "Theory Star Universe". But I think they're fair assumptions based on the available data on the weapons, the techs, and the classes.

Wouldn't mind seeing some calculations on tech output vs speed differences for both wands and canes, should anyone be crazy enough to do so ^_^

edhangup
Oct 4, 2006, 11:30 AM
Well I will share my 2 cents as a Lv30 Newman Force.
Cane has lower damage, lower PP, and the only benefit is to hold a C grade handgun on your left hand. And with a FO now the best gun you can equip is 3 stars C grade handgun+10 which is still less than 200 atk. A 3 stars C grade Rod+10 is 410atk, and add to FO has high INT so the damage is significantly different.
As for tagging enemy, yes handgun owns but as a FO I prefer to actually kill the enemy. You tag an enemy you get 60-70% while killing blow get 100%. Plus if your doing it right it shouldnt be much problem to kill a few & hit every enemy once with magic before it goes down.

My set up

Reiharod + 10 (3 stars 410 damage)
Diiga1, Baata1, Baata2, Resta

Reiharod + 10 (3 stars 410 damage)
Foie1, Zonde1, Zondes, Resta
*This set up is to minimize weapon changing, while both setup will have 1 high damage single target, 1 straight unlimited target, 1 area 3-target & healing magic. Plus one or another element will not be the same as the enemy which lower our damage.

2 stars cane dropped from enemy for status recovery
Regene, Resta
*Cane is faster than Rod but the difference is so small you won't notice it. It might be more significant when higher tier magics come out. I use this coz it was a loot.

Konupadari +7 (3 stars bow 410 damage) for flying enemy
Will prolly take this to +10 but I have a very strong feeling this will break once I grind it... ><
*Bow is significantly weaker than Rod anyways, even if they are of same weapon damage.
My bow hits for average 60 with lv10 bullet skill compare to my Diiga1 which is 400~600 range currently at lv9 technic skill.

So to make it short I don't use cane... Rod and Bow FTW! ^_^w

NiteOwl
Oct 4, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'd been wondering about this myself. With all the different techs in the game and a new element to boot, I figured I was going to have to carry around a half dozen rods to be effective against every creature. Not to mention binding resta to most of them so people in my party don't croak. But if your system works for you, edhangup, I guess I'll be able to come up with something that works for me and doesn't require a bazillion weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
I noticed that you dont seem to use buffs at all, any reason why?

Lyrise
Oct 4, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-10-04 07:09, Biku wrote:
A little somethin extra to remember: Photon charges don't fully restore mixed (cane + handgun, saber + handgun, etc.) weapons to full PP. They each get 50% of their max.

Of course, you can always go straight into your menu and use the charge command to manually fill a weapon to max.

Scirrocco
Oct 4, 2006, 11:47 AM
Hey ed, i see you've got some +10 rods. Did they come that way or did you grind them? And if you ground them, why? Do they do more magic damage when they're ground up? I didn't play PSO for very long, but i didn't think grinding had anything to do with spell damage in that game.

NiteOwl
Oct 4, 2006, 12:55 PM
Thought I'd read that grinding rods and such allows them to have higher PP. But, having not played the game yet, don't quote me on that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

edhangup
Oct 4, 2006, 01:00 PM
Let me further explain the weapon system in PSU.

Only hunter's type weapon has their own element built in, so yes hunter has to carry multiple weapon to be effective against enemies of different element. This element range from 0%-50% which is based on luck when you create your weapon through PM. a 3stars 50% weapon goes 30 times more expensive than a 0% one, and a 50% element means 50% more damage on top of normal damage as long as it is not resisted.

As for ranged weapon, you set an photon art into it and that will be your element of that weapon (1 weapon can only have 1 type of element). Althuough you can switch the photon art of the weapon by going into the equipment menu, it is time consuming so if you want to be effective ranger you will have to bring multiple weapon and have them set in different element.

Magic weapon as I mentioned before can set 4 photon arts, and with the magics currently available (5 elements X 2 types/element), I find 2-3 rods is ideal.
Buff is not available online at the moment, and will have to wait until tomorrow when they release planet modus which should have new shop that has new technics.

Finally as for grinding it is a hellhole of endless... Online there are C & B grinder, but I only do C grind because it is more cost effective.
First you buy C grinder material for 100 each, then C grinder board for 300 which turn 5 grinder material into grinders. When you synethesis, you get a diminishing return on higher ranked grinder ranging from C+1 to C+10. C+10 grinder goes for around 2k-3k atm.
NOTE this doesn't represent a C+10 makes your weapon goes to C+10 at once, but rather it has a higher percentage of success when you grind. Each grind you increase your weapon rank by 1 and it caps at 10. So enough with appetizer here comes the main dish:

Buy & bring the weapon you want to grind to the weapon shop in the corresponding planet.
When you grind 0->1 it will for sure succeed even with C+1
When you grind 4->5 you better be using at least C+7 or higher
When you grind 7,8,9->10, you basically will want to use C+10
Why? Cause when you fail grinding you lose the weapon... With a +3 on each grind I will say it is about 80% success rate but still doing 80% 9 times in a row is not very likely.
You go 1-2-3-4-5-Bam, 1-2-3-Bam, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-Bam, your heart sinks & call it a day... The next day when you get back from work, do a few dragon run, got some bux and blow it away again until you score a +10...
But when you finally succeed, the result is satisfying. Below is the chart for different level 3stars rod (2k).

Lvl PP + D +
+1 975 39 232 14
+2 1002 27 246 14
+3 1021 19 269 23
+4 1040 19 297 28
+5 1059 19 325 28
+6 1078 19 342 17
+7 1097 19 359 17
+8 1116 19 376 17
+9 1167 51 393 17
+10 1245 78 410 17

A 5 stars rod + 0 only has 364 Damage and cost 18k.

Of course, you can go to other players' shop and buy it for about 20-30k which is about 15X the +0 version (2k), which is what I did to get my first +10. I grind my own +10 after breaking about 5-8 rods so I guess I come up slightly cheaper by doing it myself.

Cough that's alot of typing... Gotta go sleep now... Hope that helps you guys understand the game better! 99

AngelLight
Oct 4, 2006, 01:08 PM
I assume "Planet Modus" is the name of the shoping district or mall correct? (as opposed to an actual planet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )