PDA

View Full Version : Are there telepipes in this game??

Flame
Oct 4, 2006, 03:19 PM
Im playing single player mode and am on chapter 7 or so and was just wondering if there are indeed pipes in this game. Thanks.

Zalana
Oct 4, 2006, 03:23 PM
I don't think so. I have yet to see any at all.

Velocity_7
Oct 4, 2006, 03:27 PM
There are none, and you won't need them. The crystals are a lot better in terms of functionality.

Losodo1976
Oct 4, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-10-04 13:19, Flame wrote:
Im playing single player mode and am on chapter 7 or so and was just wondering if there are indeed pipes in this game. Thanks.

I remember I asked the same thing not too long ago. Sadly, telepipes have been removed from the game. I don't understand why, though. They have been in Phantasy Star since the Sega Master System... oh well.

hutang
Oct 4, 2006, 03:37 PM
No symbol chat... no telepipes... this isn't PSO at all! I remember back in DC days making a pipe right b4 falz and convincing people to come to town to buy some fluids, then racing back through my pipe so i could run falz by myself and get all the exp. I also miss when your weapon and meseta dropped after you died and their were no trade windows... At the beginning PSO was like a new society without rules. Now the production team tries as hard as they can to make this game as boring as real life. *shoots self in head

StanleyPain
Oct 4, 2006, 03:40 PM
Yes because those two things were what PSO was all about....

Losodo1976
Oct 4, 2006, 03:42 PM
On 2006-10-04 13:37, hutang wrote:
I remember back in DC days making a pipe right b4 falz and convincing people to come to town to buy some fluids, then racing back through my pipe so i could run falz by myself and get all the exp.

Man, I hated that!

*dropkicks hutang*

Flame
Oct 4, 2006, 03:45 PM
also, does anyone know if you can actually find weapons on the ground randomly? Or do you have to buy all these things. Also about buying photon arts, which store sells them and when?

also hutang this game is anything but boring so have no fear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flame on 2006-10-04 13:46 ]</font>

Kyuu
Oct 4, 2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah... Hutang just pointed out two very good reasons why I won't miss telepipes and dropping items when you die. People like him.

Deprimenthia
Oct 4, 2006, 03:49 PM
Umm...Obviously it isn't PSO?

Its PSU, idiot. >_> <_<

Wubbie
Oct 4, 2006, 03:59 PM
Telepipes aren't needed now...

Where they gonna send you... back to the lobby?

Shops aren't instanced anymore, so goodbye Telepipes...

Makes perfect sense to me.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 09:07 PM
Crystals seem a bit, I dunno... like a cheap attempt at stealing a bit of the Final Fantasy thunder. Phantasy Star never relied on crystals for anything - aside from a small one-off item you get for managing to reach the top of Baya Malay tower. Yeah.. it was important, but it's not like you had to quest for it like you did the Eclypse Torch or AeroPrism. You just picked it up on your way out anyhow.

It would have been nice if Sonic Team had kept the Telepipe name, or a variation of it, and used that as a stationary non-item teleportation means. Same function as the crystals in PSU, without having to make them "Crystals". = /

hypersaxon
Oct 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
The reason there's no telepipes is because all runs through levels are TIMED, and warping up to town defeats the purpose of rushing through a level.

It's called "being prepared."

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-10-04 13:37, hutang wrote:
At the beginning PSO was like a new society without rules. Now the production team tries as hard as they can to make this game as boring as real life. *shoots self in head

lol, emo.

hutang
Oct 4, 2006, 09:35 PM
To all the haters- You take this game and this message board way too seriously.

LOLZ@ people taking offense to stuff I did 6 years ago on an online videogame.

Kindaichi
Oct 4, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-10-04 19:30, hypersaxon wrote:
The reason there's no telepipes is because all runs through levels are TIMED, and warping up to town defeats the purpose of rushing through a level.

So there is no way to just enter an area and kill stuff?

Kyuu
Oct 4, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-10-04 19:07, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Crystals seem a bit, I dunno... like a cheap attempt at stealing a bit of the Final Fantasy thunder. Phantasy Star never relied on crystals for anything - aside from a small one-off item you get for managing to reach the top of Baya Malay tower. Yeah.. it was important, but it's not like you had to quest for it like you did the Eclypse Torch or AeroPrism. You just picked it up on your way out anyhow.

It would have been nice if Sonic Team had kept the Telepipe name, or a variation of it, and used that as a stationary non-item teleportation means. Same function as the crystals in PSU, without having to make them "Crystals". = /
I do agree with this. Would've been keeping more in the Phantasy Star tradition if they had simply used stationary telepipes instead of the crystals to achieve the same purpose. Ah well, not a big deal though.

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 10:40 PM
lol, hutang's either a joke account or a really bad troll

Kyuu
Oct 5, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-10-04 19:30, hypersaxon wrote:

Online missions don't grade you based on time, I don't believe. It's only monsters killed and player deaths.

Alisha
Oct 5, 2006, 01:04 AM
still because of the nature of the game wouldnt you have to go to the lobby to buy stuff?

CherryLunar
Oct 5, 2006, 09:49 AM
Back on topic...
I'm going to somewhat miss pipes. Or maybe just putting down pipes everywhere as an act of sheer boredom. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
- -
Edit: removed junk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-10-05 07:57 ]</font>