PDA

View Full Version : Offline and Online Characters

pso123hrf
Oct 4, 2006, 09:32 PM
I am not sure about this, but can people have an offline character and use it as an online character?

Example:
Sora (offline Hunter/Ranger) [NOT USING THIS NAME]
|
V
Sora (online character, etc)

MaximusLight
Oct 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
No they are totally separate, infact you only get an offline character when you can use extra mode

Maxurion
Oct 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
Nope. Offline characters stay offline, and vice-versa.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 4, 2006, 09:34 PM
To further clarify, this is to prevent ZOMG H4X online.

Kindaichi
Oct 4, 2006, 09:35 PM
On 2006-10-04 19:34, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
To further clarify, this is to prevent ZOMG H4X online.

Which i am so thankful for.

crazyrobot
Oct 4, 2006, 09:37 PM
so you cant bring weapons and armor you find offline online? If so this is disappointing.

RoninJoku
Oct 4, 2006, 09:39 PM
On 2006-10-04 19:37, crazyrobot wrote:
so you cant bring weapons and armor you find offline online? If so this is disappointing.

Nope... This has been known for... how long? A long time now... (oops, I guess not everyone has been following the game that long) Yea, it's a bit dissapointing. But think of the benefits. A shame though that the honest players have to take the hit too. But then again, they're the ones reaping the rewards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoninJoku on 2006-10-04 19:40 ]</font>

Chronosv2
Oct 4, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-10-04 19:39, RoninJoku wrote:

On 2006-10-04 19:37, crazyrobot wrote:

Nope... This has been known for... how long? A long time now... (oops, I guess not everyone has been following the game that long) Yea, it's a bit dissapointing. But think of the benefits. A shame though that the honest players have to take the hit too. But then again, they're the ones reaping the rewards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoninJoku on 2006-10-04 19:40 ]</font>

I agree completely. I remember the duping and other modifying done in PSODC(v1/v2) and am glad to see it go. I'm not bothered at all with not having online and offline linked. If anything, it gives me a way to brush up on my skills offline, then bring those new skills online to develop my character.

Kindaichi
Oct 4, 2006, 09:55 PM
Als this will hopefully bring more people online which will make a better community in the future.

Chronosv2
Oct 4, 2006, 10:02 PM
I know my plan (when the game gets to me on the 25th hopefully--preorder from Gamestop online, next day shipping) is to complete story mode before I go online (and as I plan to take a few days off from my self-paced classes to do so, this will not be a problem).

Back on topic, the offlne/online separation will indeed strengthen the community, because to get the most out of your online experience you will need to work with others. That and you're not limited by your offline performance (I hated that about PSO). All in all a win/win situation, in my opinion.

StanleyPain
Oct 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
You can use the same character name and even make the same KIND of character, but using them interchangeable like you could in PSO is strictly VERBOTEN now.

I'm cool with that, actually. And, as has been said already, it will help with the hacking issue. I don't mind people cheating on their own, but eventually when hacks are too easy to do, it eventually falls into the hands of people who want to damage other people's games and that's what bothers me. I could care less if someone really wants to waste the time figuring out how to hack their guy up to level 200 in the first week, but when it starts hurting other people (zero HP items, glitched items that crash people's games, etc..) that's when things get out of hand.

TonyC
Oct 4, 2006, 10:19 PM
It would be neat to have a feature to copy your online player onto your offline extra mode. I know that they arnt doing this but it would have been a cool feature like that.

crazyrobot
Oct 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
wow i didnt think about the duping and other ppl trying to corrupt others charactors. Just thought it will be a bit disappointing if you find a cool weapon offline that you cant use online.

I just hope when i get online I find a weapon like Spreadneedles from PSO, that was my favorite weapon when i still played PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazyrobot on 2006-10-04 20:27 ]</font>

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, its a really bad idea to let people take their client-side characters online.