PDA

View Full Version : dying online

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 02:08 AM
Is there any consequences to dying online? (example: loss of experience, start over from beginning of level, loss of items ...etc...)

A2K
Oct 5, 2006, 02:16 AM
The rank you receive for your mission performance will drop and you (along with the rest of your team) will receive less of a reward at the end.

Which can hurt, especially when you're hurting for money. Which is most of the time, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-05 00:17 ]</font>

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 02:26 AM
aww thanks for clearing that up for me, A2k.

AnamanaAU
Oct 5, 2006, 02:59 AM
So what happens if you do die? Can you return to town, to a save point or is there a timer until you become concious again?

galaxy
Oct 5, 2006, 03:02 AM
you can be revived, or you return to the lobby area between blocks, i believe.

February
Oct 5, 2006, 03:06 AM
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Too bad we can't earn money offline this time around. Damn cheaters ruined it for us.

AnamanaAU
Oct 5, 2006, 03:08 AM
On 2006-10-05 01:06, heavenly6 wrote:
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Too bad we can't earn money offline this time around. Damn cheaters ruined it for us.

It wasn't just the cheaters. It's pretty much an industry standard with MMOs.

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 03:23 AM

Just hope that IGN doesnt start farming game currency to sell to online players like they do in other MMOs. Online RMT ruined FFXI IMO when I still played.

Tystys
Oct 5, 2006, 04:34 AM
I hardly find that PSU is going to be that kind of game. From what I hear, Meseta isn't all that hard to come by in the first place.

Valkayree
Oct 5, 2006, 08:28 AM
On 2006-10-05 01:23, crazyrobot wrote:

Just hope that IGN doesnt start farming game currency to sell to online players like they do in other MMOs. Online RMT ruined FFXI IMO when I still played.

Well, they probably will, but at least with PSU, they will be in their own games, have to run their own missions, with 6 of their hired hands, and it will cost more time than it's worth most likely, but the most important thing is that they won't be camping out in my game and I wont have to compete with them to earn money. That chaffed my hind end worse than anything else.

Spacepest
Oct 5, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-10-05 06:28, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-10-05 01:23, crazyrobot wrote:
[quote]

Well, they probably will, but at least with PSU, they will be in their own games, have to run their own missions, with 6 of their hired hands, and it will cost more time than it's worth most likely, but the most important thing is that they won't be camping out in my game and I wont have to compete with them to earn money. That chaffed my hind end worse than anything else.

Agreed, as much as I hate RMTers (real money traders), in PSU you will still at least be able to play the game and progress in levels without having some asshat camping all the monsters. Or trying to exploit some ingame mechanic to kill you just so you won't be in "their" area.

Out of all the MMOs I played, PSO's instanced party system was one of the things I missed most. Especially when I would be playing another MMO, and I was trying to complete a quest killing X monster and some team of jackasses was camping it 24/7, farming it year round just to make some cash.

StanleyPain
Oct 5, 2006, 03:28 PM
yet another one of the reasons I like this kind of instanced dungeon crawl....you keep what you kill (or share it with people you WANT to share it with).