PDA

View Full Version : More XB360 Payment Rumours....

Darijuana
Oct 5, 2006, 08:02 AM
Sorry if this has already been done. I heard a rumour recently that Famitsu have reported a monthly fee of 800 MS points. I know Famitsu is generally a reliable source but I can't read japanese and I've searched Google for any more information and come up with nothing so far. Can anyone confirm this rumour? Is it possible this is for JP users only as MS are trying to crack the JP market? Any insight anyone can offer will be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ProfessorZ
Oct 5, 2006, 08:15 AM
I posted this a week ago but at least people are catching up to it

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 08:22 AM
paying through MS points would be really convenient.

I could get MS point cards at EB.

Firestarter2k
Oct 5, 2006, 11:54 AM
cans omeone explain to me how it works? ive recently bought an x360 (premium) just for psu even though i got saints row dead rising and pdz, but i still didnt try the online stuff i gotta sort out my account.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
Setting up an Xbox Live account is really easy, the system walks you through it pretty thoroughly. Just hit the "join Xbox Live" button on the Dashboard and you're rolling. Don't even need a credit card.
Premium content from the Marketplace is paid with Microsoft "Points". You can purchase them directly from the Dashboard if you have a credit card or with scratchcards available at videogame stores.
10 US$ is about 800 points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xx3of19xX on 2006-10-05 10:13 ]</font>

Firestarter2k
Oct 5, 2006, 12:15 PM
Oh ok i get it now, so its basically the same price and theres no diff if its payed with MS points or through a hunters license. Thanks for clearing things up. its just one buck mroe expensive than PSO Gc who cares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif cant wait !

Xx3of19xX
Oct 5, 2006, 12:19 PM
Essentially you just buy the Hunter's License with MS Points. Same price, just much less hassle. Just a few clicks on the Marketplace and you're ready to go. No need to go to your PC, remember yet another username and password, or anything like that.

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 12:22 PM
so is this 800 pts thing really true? cause MS pts are easier to buy than hassling someone for their credit card number. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-05 10:22 ]</font>

Firestarter2k
Oct 5, 2006, 12:22 PM
yeah it would be more convinient if it was done through the MS points.

Oreic
Oct 5, 2006, 12:50 PM
I think that is a graet idea, because that way you don't need a credit card.

James2006
Oct 5, 2006, 12:53 PM
I don't want to make an extra exchange with ms points. Why do they make everyone turn there money into ms points, it is just an extra step to go through.

James2006
Oct 5, 2006, 12:53 PM
I don't want to make an extra exchange with ms points. Why do they make everyone turn there money into ms points, it is just an extra step to go through.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 5, 2006, 01:06 PM
Because it saves the game companies loads of cash in credit card fees.
Many of the things you buy on the marketplace only cost very small amounts. The credit card companies take a fee from the seller for each transaction. By converting money into MS points you have less charges to credit cards meaning the game companies get more of the money you pay.

darthplagis
Oct 5, 2006, 01:15 PM
ok so microsoft get a little profit from stagnant points in your account, i dont see a problem with it as it 'could' go to adding more stuff to market place unlike the fees payable by C cards which goes to the banks cos they are greedy charging for a computerized transaction.

i said before when this news was 1st mentioned i LOVE the MS points idea, maybe now PPL will stop bashing the 360's reliability with upgrades and support from sega as they have obviously made a good deal with microsoft over server use and uptates/content if MS points are being used

Shinomaru
Oct 5, 2006, 03:27 PM
Dont want to make a new topic so ill add this in here. its not a big deal but was looking over the PSU account thingy and i saw that they bill PSOBB every 28 days rippin me off!! 2 days a month!(3 in some months) thats like 24-27 days a year! rawrr lol its not that serious but does anyone else find that wierd and a lil unfair? but then again psu will only be like 8-10 bucks a month not bad.

Darijuana
Oct 5, 2006, 03:33 PM
Personally i think it's a great ide

Darijuana
Oct 5, 2006, 03:33 PM
Personally i think it's a great idea and I hope it works out this way.

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 03:45 PM
It's just shy of 8 bucks (CAN) for 1000 MS points, but in either case I need not worry, for my mom pays all my subscription fees XD

Valkayree
Oct 5, 2006, 03:52 PM
I don't understand why they would do that. Alright, so Microsoft handles the point system and the marketplace. I'm sure they charge the devs to store information on their servers to download, and take a cut out of ever purchase made on the marketplace. That means that if Sonic Team uses the marketplace to handle purchases, A. they have to give microsoft a larger cut than they would already be giving if they handled the hunters licenses as a third party setup, like PlayOnline for FFXI, and B. People would have to repurchase every month or risk account suspension. Why would an online RPG developer set up anything else but auto-pay? FFXI, every month, money automatically deducted from the account. PSO hunter's license, same way. So lets say a kid purchases a month, doesn't like it, and decides not to purchase the next month, ST is out a month's fees. Mmo developers do that auto pay thing for a reason. Have any of you ever experienced how difficult it is to leave FFXI? It takes almost all day, deleting content IDs, deleting the account, cancelling the subscription. For most people who stop playing, they just stop, then if they really decide not to play come back a month later or so and delete the account, but they hold off because they have to stay on the game they hate a few hours just to delete it so they don't have to play. It feels like work, so they procrastinate, well at least I do, maybe I'm the exception. But auto pay at least gets the devs another month's "rent" so to speak out of maybe a few people, and they are in this for the money first, pleasing the gamer 2nd. So why would they deny themselves the ability to set up auto pay and take a pay cut by using the marketplace? That's just.... odd. Maybe the article just expressed the fee in a point value because it's a universal currency value everyone can understand.

Kindaichi
Oct 5, 2006, 07:58 PM
God i hope they do this because im not doing outstanding in english and my mom said after this month i have to cancel my wow sub. fee and cant play any online games for awhile. But this way I can sneak the sub. fee behind there backs lol. PLZZZZ do this!

James2006
Oct 5, 2006, 08:07 PM
Kindaichi: You should keep your priorities in order

Kindaichi
Oct 5, 2006, 09:08 PM
lol, its just english...and im not failing or anything but I have a "C" and my parents are mad >< Thes rest are A's so I do focus in school i just suck at english.

Chaobo99
Oct 5, 2006, 09:17 PM
is that why you can only be on on weekends?lol

Kindaichi
Oct 5, 2006, 09:23 PM
Yep because if that rule wasnt in place I would flunk out of highschool lol.

Chaobo99
Oct 5, 2006, 09:50 PM
lol...

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 11:12 PM
I'll just pay by credit card. Easier than any point system in the world and there will always be cash waiting to pay my Guardian's Licence.

Chaobo99
Oct 5, 2006, 11:15 PM
They're called "Guardians License" now? I'll be paying debit w/ visa logo...

Chaobo99
Oct 5, 2006, 11:15 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2006-10-06 07:36 ]</font>

Artorius
Oct 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
That makes no sense what-so-ever! So every month I have to go to the marketplace and buy ms points then buy a hunters license? Why not just set it up and automate it like on the original Xbox? The way you are talking about sounds like a pain.

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Artorius.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Artorius)

Wildblue_20
Oct 6, 2006, 12:21 AM
Hello everyone! just a quick question please, I here that psu "online mode" for the xbox 360 might not be able to play on/with the pc or ps2 servers? is this true? or just a unknown fact? because I plan playing on the xbox, but most of my friends will be on the ps2.... would hate the ideal of not being able to play with em. >.> If anyone has any updated info send it my way please!

Saner
Oct 6, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-10-05 22:06, Artorius wrote:
That makes no sense what-so-ever! So every month I have to go to the marketplace and buy ms points then buy a hunters license? Why not just set it up and automate it like on the original Xbox? The way you are talking about sounds like a pain.

it will only take a few minutes. and if you plan on playing for several months, just buy and add the microsoft pts. you need for those months.

Mikedot
Oct 6, 2006, 06:43 AM
On 2006-10-05 22:21, Wildblue_20 wrote:
Hello everyone! just a quick question please, I here that psu "online mode" for the xbox 360 might not be able to play on/with the pc or ps2 servers? is this true? or just a unknown fact? because I plan playing on the xbox, but most of my friends will be on the ps2.... would hate the ideal of not being able to play with em. >.> If anyone has any updated info send it my way please!

Yes. It is true.

The Xbox 360 version will not connect with the PS2/PC version at all. But on the plus side, it will have NA/EU/JP connections while the PS2/PC version will only have NA/EU connections.

darthplagis
Oct 6, 2006, 07:58 AM
maybe they will bring out a couple of months subscrition like Xbox live cards for PSU from market place then that covers the twitchy subject of auto payment and stuff and since most PPL browse marketplace evry couple of days to see what content has been released and what messages you have got from online buddys then updating manually while on marketplace WONT be a problem.

just a question for all the NAYSAYERS who seem to just bring up ENDLESS problems with the Xbox version and the possible ideas that MS and SEGA 'may' introduce, do you own an xbox360? have you ever used marketplace regularly? cos some of the points brought up towards the MS points system seem to be from the people ignorant to the xbox and the way it works, and just assuming that MS points will be wasted and MS will steal all the profit.

i can safley say that if MS wasnt paying the developers for the extra content that is available then the content that is online wouldnt be there. MS knows what its doing as do SEGA and they wouldnt introduce anything that would potentially be a money trap (ok can we forget the dreamcasts later days, hey mine still out performs ANYTHING ive seen on the PS2)

Saner
Oct 6, 2006, 09:24 AM
I just bought 1600 MS pts. just in case. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

if we can't use them to pay the fee, then I'll just spend the pts. on Castlevania SOTN when it comes out on Arcade or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
and just pay the PSU fee another way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sphtker
Oct 6, 2006, 09:30 AM
i with all the "NAYSAYERS", i don't want to be bothered at all with the MS points. i don't want to go into the marketplace every month or 2 or 3 months just to buy stupid points and to add it to the Guardians License or what ever it is. i just want to play and not worry about it. i have WAY to many other bills that i have to do each month to have to worry about this on top of it.

Saner
Oct 6, 2006, 10:26 AM
On 2006-10-06 07:30, Sphtker wrote:
i with all the "NAYSAYERS", i don't want to be bothered at all with the MS points. i don't want to go into the marketplace every month or 2 or 3 months just to buy stupid points and to add it to the Guardians License or what ever it is. i just want to play and not worry about it. i have WAY to many other bills that i have to do each month to have to worry about this on top of it.

lol AS IF its 'so much work and time' to get the points, then spend them on the fee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

if you dont wanna worry about it just get a year's subscription and you wont have to worry about it for a year. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

darthplagis
Oct 6, 2006, 10:27 AM
yes sphtker i know that some PPL wont like to use MS pts as credit card is easier for them but the rumors have been of an OPTION to use MS pts as payment meaning anothet OPTION to use credit card just like Xbox Live does with its cards to let people on lower income who credidcompanys dont like (myself, i am a carer to my wife who is disabled. since i am NOT payed by the gov to look after her (she needs 24 hr care) then i cant get a credit card so MS pts are my ideal way forward). but as for going onto marketplace what if SEGA relesed pay to play downloads as content? or xbox specific wepons or units or missions? would you be bothered to use MS pts at all then? if not then I would be happy to have the content you cant be 'bothered' with. and market place takes no more than a few minutes to go through no more time than it takes replying to buddy messages which are probably to arrange a PSU meet anyway.

Valkayree
Oct 6, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-10-05 22:21, Wildblue_20 wrote:

Servers will be seperate. Tell your friends to get a 360 and move out of the stone age ^_^.

Sphtker
Oct 6, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-10-06 08:26, Saner wrote:

On 2006-10-06 07:30, Sphtker wrote:

lol AS IF its 'so much work and time' to get the points, then spend them on the fee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

if you dont wanna worry about it just get a year's subscription and you wont have to worry about it for a year. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

no where in there did i say it was "so much work and time". i simple said i didn't want to bother with it.

buying weapons and other such things is completely different, i can choose when i do and when i don't. i don't have to get on there every month to renew the weapon dl if i don't want to.

ok so i haddn't seen or heard that the ms was only an "OPTION", i just kept seeing posts like this saying that MS points might be the way they go. assuming(even though i shouldn't have) that if they went is MS points it would be the ONLY way they go. if not, and the still have the cc payments then i say sure let people use that system, i know that for some people it will be easier than a cc. i just know for me it will not be.

Valkayree
Oct 6, 2006, 11:15 AM
On 2006-10-05 22:27, Saner wrote:

On 2006-10-05 22:06, Artorius wrote:

it will only take a few minutes. and if you plan on playing for several months, just buy and add the microsoft pts. you need for those months.

Nope, that idea is not smart. You forget, adults have a hard time remembering to pay bills, you know with a younger general audience who can't remember to do their school work, do you really expect them to remember to go online to the marketplace exactly every month and repay, manually? I can understand situations where people may buy the points from a store and then use them, but you know at the stores they overcharge for those microsoft points, right? What if these kids can't get to the store that month or their parents won't take them to the store? Then you have kids calling into Sonic Team all day pissed that their accounts got suspended due to lack of pay, and Sonic Team has more work and problems. In business, one strives to be responsible for as many things as possible but have them all streamlined so they handle themselves and as a result they have very little actual labor. Why create more work for yourself? Keep in mind that American businesses might follow that pretext, but Sonic Team is a Japanese company, and Japanese companies do NOT work that way. They will most likely set up a client specific host browser of somesort, or if not, connect directly to their servers via the game itself to pay. I doubt microsoft will have anything to do with it, xbox live will most likely run silent in the background, as it did for PSO and FFXI.

Saner
Oct 6, 2006, 11:23 AM
well it's not like they won't accept credit cards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MS points would be a helpful option for many people.

Valkayree
Oct 6, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-10-06 05:58, darthplagis wrote:

i can safley say that if MS wasnt paying the developers for the extra content that is available then the content that is online wouldnt be there.

This statement is very incorrect. You have it backwards. Content placed on the marketplace is paid for by the company that puts up the download. Microsoft does NOT pay the company to put up items for download. Put it this way... Do advertising agencies working for companies get paid by the television networks to put up their commercials? Hell no. Or there would be no commericals. Why would networks want more commericals. People switch the channel during commericals. The only reason they are there is because the network gets paid by the advertising agencies that create the commericals for the businesses, who pay the advertising agencies. Ever heard of the price people have to pay to get advertising time during the superbowl? The network running the superbowl does not pay these people to put up their ads, or the network would be broke. This site, pso-world, has ads all over the place. These ads most likely fund the fees it costs to host the site. I doubt the mods paid yahoo or these movie companies to chunk that garbage at the top of this site and ruin the flow. The reason they tolerate it is because they got paid by those companies to post the advertisement. Commercials and marketplace downloads are very similar, one in the same. They are both advertisements, pure and simple. The company pays the host, not the other way around. Why would microsoft say, Hey Jack Black and the studio that made Nacho Libre, we are going to give you money to put up the Nacho Libre gamerpics. Hell no! The advertising agency for Nacho Libre contacted microsoft and said, hey we need to advertise this movie to the gaming youth. Can we pay you for server space to place our advertisements up for download? Microsoft said of course, under these conditions, and so begins the transaction.

edit: I misspelled some stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-10-06 09:31 ]</font>

Valkayree
Oct 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-10-06 09:23, Saner wrote:
well it's not like they won't accept credit cards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MS points would be a helpful option for many people.

I'm sure it would, but it would create more work for Sonic Team, I'm sure. The real question is, are they prepared to handle that responsibility?

Xx3of19xX
Oct 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
This is a misunderstanding. The payment from MS darthplagys is referring to is MS paying developers once MS Points are used by a user to buy a piece of downloadable content. Earlier in the thread someone was wondering what Sonic Team gets out of if when you buy a Hunter's License on the Marketplace for MS Points.

You, Valkayree are referring to free downloadable demos and trailers. Without a doubt this advertizing is payed for by the makers of those games if anyone, and not MS.

Valkayree
Oct 6, 2006, 11:42 AM
I see, thanks Xx3of19xX for clearing that up. Once again, I post without reading all the posts in a topic >_< My fault Darth.

ProfessorZ
Oct 6, 2006, 11:56 AM
MS is hosting the servers thats why you're able to use MP points. And it doesn't cost more or less purchasing the points online or from a store

qoxolg
Oct 6, 2006, 11:59 AM
What makes people think that all countries in the world use creditcards as the main paying system?

Valkayree
Oct 6, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-10-06 09:56, ProfessorZ wrote:
MS is hosting the servers thats why you're able to use MP points. And it doesn't cost more or less purchasing the points online or from a store

I hope MS isn't hosting the servers. It will end up like Saint's Row multiplayer, one gigantic lagfest. This is because people only pay 50 bucks a year to use that server. If Sonic Team is charging me $10 a month, they damn well better have their own server set up. I'm not going to pay $10 a month to lag out every 4 seconds on a community wide server hosting at least over a hundred games and 500000 users all at the same time. I think you should probably do some more research into the topic professorz, because I honestly don't think that will be the case. The characters stored on microsoft's servers? Ha! I can't believe that for a second. Sonic Team will host the PSU servers while you are connected to microsoft's xbox live servers. You are connected to both at the same time. Now of course if live goes down, you can still be able to play PSU on the sega servers for a moment (as was the case with FFXI), but ultimately you will d/c because you have to be connected through Live in order to connect to the sega servers. They run at the same time, but Microsoft does not control PSU, it will not control PSU, there is a 0.00003% chance that will happen. Come on guys think. Use that frontal lobe they were always stressing for you to use in school.

darthplagis
Oct 6, 2006, 03:22 PM
thanks for clearin up the confusion Xx3of19xX, and Valkayree not to worry.

i hope that sonic team is the main host and live is just used to sign in that way its all SEGA controlling what goes on.

Saner
Oct 6, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-10-06 11:46, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-10-06 09:56, ProfessorZ wrote:

I hope MS isn't hosting the servers. It will end up like Saint's Row multiplayer, one gigantic lagfest. This is because people only pay 50 bucks a year to use that server. If Sonic Team is charging me $10 a month, they damn well better have their own server set up. I'm not going to pay $10 a month to lag out every 4 seconds on a community wide server hosting at least over a hundred games and 500000 users all at the same time. I think you should probably do some more research into the topic professorz, because I honestly don't think that will be the case. The characters stored on microsoft's servers? Ha! I can't believe that for a second. Sonic Team will host the PSU servers while you are connected to microsoft's xbox live servers. You are connected to both at the same time. Now of course if live goes down, you can still be able to play PSU on the sega servers for a moment (as was the case with FFXI), but ultimately you will d/c because you have to be connected through Live in order to connect to the sega servers. They run at the same time, but Microsoft does not control PSU, it will not control PSU, there is a 0.00003% chance that will happen. Come on guys think. Use that frontal lobe they were always stressing for you to use in school.

so even if Sega has their own servers, the Xbox360 version needs Live still to play PSU online?

hmmm that might be a problem in the future.

I dont know about lag though,
hmmmm they better make the right decisions.